Go to footer

Bel Ami Brit/European UK meet up ???

Did you make a bff on LTT/LTR? Wanna discuss meeting? Wanna host a get-together in your town? Discuss it here! If you're a 57 year old SWM looking for someone special so you can be a 'suga daddy' this place isn't for you

Bel Ami Brit/European UK meet up ???

Postby BakingNath » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

As already discussed on other threads... Bel Ami will soon be released in the UK... This could be the occasion for (willing :D ) brit/european flatmates to meet somewhere... someday..
So lets discuss the when and where of this "event" here..

As far as i am concerned, IF it is still the case that Bel Ami is released 2nd or 9th of March in the UK... the best week end dates in march for me would be either the one of the 9th, the next one on the 17th or the one on the 31th..after that april and may will be pretty busy..
As for the where.. i dont know, i suppose it will depend on who will be there.. i can either come with the ferry via Portsmouth, or by Train to London.

Sooo...is anyone interested ? :)
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Re: Bel Ami Brit/European UK meet up ???

Postby purplejellybaby » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Me me me but you know that already.

I'm up in the midlands, so a couple of hours from london via train, no idea about portsmouth, but being central its not too difficult for me to get to most places.

I will need to get back to you all about dates though, apparently I'm going away for a weekend at some point in March
purplejellybaby
Not a Bear

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

I am interested too! Can only do 2nd and 3rd weekends in March.
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby littleredfiat » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 am

Interested, but I have to clear the dates. I'd be flying from Frankfurt to ... ?
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby MariaCecilia » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:52 am

Hm, since there is no news about a Scandinavian release, I have been contemplating the possibility of going to another North-European country to check this movie out. London is a favourite city of mine, but March weekends are really busy.. But I'll keep an eye out on this thread to see what you decide, and then see if I can swing it with a Ryan Air-ticket... :)
You' re on your honour, ´cause I' m a goner, and you haven't even begun.
So do me a favour, if I should waver: be my saviour and get us the gun..
So, don't work your stuff, because I've got troubles enough
No, don't pick on me, when one act of kindness could be - deathly...
MariaCecilia
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby BakingNath » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 pm

So.. it has been confirmed that release date is the 9th of march.. that makes the week ends possibility start the 2nd one of march.
As my boss is starting to ask when i ll be away, would it be possible for us to choose a week end soon ?
As far as i am concerned, i have a preference for the 3rd week end of march (17th-18th)....
@PJB & @LRF .. As you needed to check availabilities and possibilities What do you think ?

For the location, i think London is the most central and accessible place for everyone.

I have decided on my way of transportation : i ll take the train and arrive the friday at midday and leave most probably the monday midday too. That way i ll enjoy a bit of London beside BA and meet up :)
I have had a look at hotels, and i think i ll book into the one i already know (it does not seem to be too expensive and i liked its location... only breakfast was disappointing but i plan to book a room without BF and eat out)...
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby littleredfiat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry all. Bad news. I've been trying to figure out a way for me to come, but it just doesn't look possible. :( :( :(
I've got too many things I can't get out of every weekend in March. All these things came up after I started making plans with you all. I tried, but it's not going to work. I'm teaching confirmation classes and the parish has scheduled all kinds of extra mandatory activies on the weekends. To top that off, the hubs is too busy right now to be able to mind the kids.

Maybe BD2 premiere???
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BakingNath » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 pm

littleredfiat wrote:Sorry all. Bad news. I've been trying to figure out a way for me to come, but it just doesn't look possible. :( :( :(
I've got too many things I can't get out of every weekend in March. All these things came up after I started making plans with you all. I tried, but it's not going to work. I'm teaching confirmation classes and the parish has scheduled all kinds of extra mandatory activies on the weekends. To top that off, the hubs is too busy right now to be able to mind the kids.

Maybe BD2 premiere???

Most definitely !! It would be a good "conclusion" for the last Twilight movie !
Maybe we did start to plan a bit too late too...
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:06 pm

It looks like it is going to be too difficult for me to get into London next Saturday. I have parent teacher meetings at school near Southampton which will end about lunchtime, then an hour journey home plus an hour travel into London. Mr Elsie has just informed me that we are invited to dinner that night with his bosses so I can't say no :(

That gives me a window of about two hours :o

Maybe we need to plan a date now for BD2
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby guitargirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm so sad that I am to miss out on all the fun, but maybe BD 2 would be a good idea. :( :( :( :(
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Return to Board index

Return to Meet Up