Go to footer

Reccs please!

Want to ask a question about a fic? Technical questions about the sites that host fics? Know you read a story about Jackson dating Angela who cheats on him with Jessica but can't remember where? Discuss that all here!

Moderator: kelbel75

Reccs please!

Postby CarrieCee » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Okay I have totally been out of the Twi FF loop lately. I only have one story on alert (Inside Man), and have not been able to find anythign else that takes my fancy lately. Does anyone have any reccs they want to share? I'm looking for something quite angsty, with well-developed characters, preferably AH. Lemons are not a pre-requisite. I've had enough of lemons at the moment lol.
Also, I read a recc for something recently. Was it possibly called The Masens? Or something liek that? About a band. And the first chapter was Bella reading a story to her daughter about them... Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher

Re: Reccs please!

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 am

are you looking for WIP only, or Completes too? I read mostly completed stories, and lately I've been a fluff addict so I'm not sure how much help I'll be :roll:

since you've been out of the loop lately, have you read "Fridays at Noon" by troublefollows1017? I really liked that one when it was a WIP, and it has some of your beloved angst too ;) Bella is a waitress at Rose's upscale resteraunt and Edward is the ass she has to wait on during his business meeting lunches every week.

another one that is complete that I just found a few months ago is "Ladder to the Sun" by Rosybud. Bella is dying and trys to live out her last year in a remote lakeside cabin. it's beautifully written and tugs at your heart.

and then there's the one I found just a few weeks ago called "Silenced Voices" by maxipoo1024. it's only 2 chapters and is complete but it has a companion story that is only one chapter in at the moment, but looks like it may actually be more like a sequel to the original story ;) anyways, in it Bella seems to be schizophrentic and when vamp Edward drinks from her, it silences the voices.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:55 pm

kelbel75 wrote:are you looking for WIP only, or Completes too? I read mostly completed stories, and lately I've been a fluff addict so I'm not sure how much help I'll be :roll:

since you've been out of the loop lately, have you read "Fridays at Noon" by troublefollows1017? I really liked that one when it was a WIP, and it has some of your beloved angst too ;) Bella is a waitress at Rose's upscale resteraunt and Edward is the ass she has to wait on during his business meeting lunches every week.

another one that is complete that I just found a few months ago is "Ladder to the Sun" by Rosybud. Bella is dying and trys to live out her last year in a remote lakeside cabin. it's beautifully written and tugs at your heart.

and then there's the one I found just a few weeks ago called "Silenced Voices" by maxipoo1024. it's only 2 chapters and is complete but it has a companion story that is only one chapter in at the moment, but looks like it may actually be more like a sequel to the original story ;) anyways, in it Bella seems to be schizophrentic and when vamp Edward drinks from her, it silences the voices.

I was just coming here to recommend Fridays at Noon. I just finished it and loved loved loved it. So if you haven't read it, that's my choice. I haven't heard of the other ones that Kel recommended but I'm sure I'll check them out. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:51 am

kelbel75 wrote:are you looking for WIP only, or Completes too? I read mostly completed stories, and lately I've been a fluff addict so I'm not sure how much help I'll be :roll:

I LOVED Ladders to the Sun!! I've read it twice!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby robsten4life » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

CarrieCee wrote:
Also, I read a recc for something recently. Was it possibly called The Masens? Or something liek that? About a band. And the first chapter was Bella reading a story to her daughter about them... Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

That one is There is a Light, it's on it's way to being complete and very good.

I have a shitton on my alert list so here are a few of my fav WIPS

Pocket Change - I love this one. It has flashbacks in and quite a few plot twists. It's a tad angsty in the first 10 or 15 chapters (chapters are relatively short) and a sweet love story.

This one isn't angsty (actually it's getting a little bit now) more cutesy: Words with Friends and the companion piece Words with Strangers Edward is a famous actor and one day Bella sees him on a tv show saying that he's obsessed with words with friends, so she figures out his screen name and starts a game with him.

An Acquired Taste This one is almost complete... again not too angsty but has some drama. (from ffn) Arrogant British celebrity chef Edward Cullen made an impression on NYC caterer Bella Swan long before either one of them became a success. Now, armed with her cat and a devious practical joke, Bella's plan may turn up the heat for both of them

And a few completes that I've recently read - Full Disclosure This is by Betty Smith who is a great writer. This is told in two parts. Part 1 is BPOV and it's in the past when she and E dated in highschool. Then part 2 is EPOV in the present when the reconnect in DC

A River Dam this is by far one of the best stories I've read in a really long time. It's nothing grand, just a true to life story of a young couple in high school dealing with pregnancy and marriage and very little money. It made me laugh and made me cry and made me wish it never ended.

whew, ok that should hold you over for a little while :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby CarrieCee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm

robsten4life wrote:
CarrieCee wrote:

That one is There is a Light, it's on it's way to being complete and very good.

I have a shitton on my alert list so here are a few of my fav WIPS

Pocket Change - I love this one. It has flashbacks in and quite a few plot twists. It's a tad angsty in the first 10 or 15 chapters (chapters are relatively short) and a sweet love story.

This one isn't angsty (actually it's getting a little bit now) more cutesy: Words with Friends and the companion piece Words with Strangers Edward is a famous actor and one day Bella sees him on a tv show saying that he's obsessed with words with friends, so she figures out his screen name and starts a game with him.

An Acquired Taste This one is almost complete... again not too angsty but has some drama. (from ffn) Arrogant British celebrity chef Edward Cullen made an impression on NYC caterer Bella Swan long before either one of them became a success. Now, armed with her cat and a devious practical joke, Bella's plan may turn up the heat for both of them

And a few completes that I've recently read - Full Disclosure This is by Betty Smith who is a great writer. This is told in two parts. Part 1 is BPOV and it's in the past when she and E dated in highschool. Then part 2 is EPOV in the present when the reconnect in DC

A River Dam this is by far one of the best stories I've read in a really long time. It's nothing grand, just a true to life story of a young couple in high school dealing with pregnancy and marriage and very little money. It made me laugh and made me cry and made me wish it never ended.

whew, ok that should hold you over for a little while :lol: :lol:

Awesome! Thank you!
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm rebooting this thread because who doesn't like a good fan fiction recommendation. Here's are some that I thought were either very good or excellent. More to come.

The one that I am reading now is - The Singer and The Sorrow
I haven't finished it but I am loving it to pieces.
Author: MG2112 PM
Neither can survive without the other. They have to be together or they will both perish. Bella Swan is a graduate student drawn into a world of dreams. Edward Cullen is a beautiful, immortal vampire. High in the hills of the Tuscany region of Italy is a town called Volterra that inexplicably links these two disparate lives.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5924138/19/ ... The-Sorrow

By psyche001
Set in Stone
From within the night's secret shadows,a beautiful winged creature falls for a human girl.She is forbidden fruit in his world but still,he crosses the line to save her life.What happens when their worlds collide & she discovers his horrible fate?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5569026/1/Set-in-Stone

and it's sequel
In Darkness or Light
She single handedly divided the Legion.Now she stands between the army which was created to destroy her & the side who will fight to save her. The battle was won when Aro decided to let Edward live, but who will win the war?
by psyche001
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6269044/25/ ... s-or-Light
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Oooh, I like your recs, BB, will have to check them out! Here's a few recs for completed stories I've read recently (you probably read them already but just in case...)

Vamp Rec
How to Win Back the Love of Your Existence Author: Missypooh http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5838734/1/How-to-Win-Back-the-Love-of-Your-Existence
It's 4 years after Edward leaves Bella. There are no werewolves. Bella & Jake were never more than friends. Bella has grown up, graduated from College, has a boyfriend & is moving back to Seattle to attend Law School when her path crosses Edward's. EPOV
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 47 - Words: 124,122 - Reviews: 3474 - Updated: 8-6-10 - Published: 3-23-10 - Bella & Edward - Complete

How to Get Your Balls Back Author: Missypooh http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6292785/1/How-to-Get-Your-Balls-Back
The sequel to How to Win Back the Love of Your Existence. It's been nearly 2 years since we last saw engaged Bella & Edward.The proverbial honeymoon period has ended and Edward can't seem to tell Bella no-even when he should. Will they make it work? EPOV.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 21 - Words: 59,098 - Reviews: 1562 - Updated: 5-27-11 - Published: 9-2-10 - Edward & Bella - Complete

It Will Be As If I'd Never Existed Author: pattyrose http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5241468/1/It-Will-Be-As-If-I-d-Never-Existed
It's been over 4 years since Edward left. Bella's tried to move on. She's about to graduate college and go on with life, when a weekend trip brings her face to face with her past. What results will either lead to tragedy or finally, to her happiness. ExB
Twilight - Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 31 - Words: 340,398 - Reviews: 1804 - Updated: 8-17-10 - Published: 7-23-09 - Bella & Edward - Complete

AH rec
Deviant Author: planetblue http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9069505/1/Deviant
He pissed me off and then he turned me on. Spectacularly. Follow/FavoriteRated: Fiction M - English - Romance - Bella & Edward - Chapters: 23 - Words: 83,093 - Reviews: 9,434 - Favs: 3,843 - Follows: 3,774 - Updated: 05-20-13 - Published: 03-04-13 - Status: Complete - id: 9069505
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I still love me some FF!!!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:05 pm

amynkansas wrote:I still love me some FF!!!!!!

And do you have any recs? Just for kicks, here's a few I've read (or listened to) and enjoyed recently:

Maybe I'm Falling for you - Coldplaywhore
The Exchange Student - Mrs. Brownloe (used to be Lady Gwynedd, she's resposting with this new name)
Written in the stars - Lissa Bryan
Fate Interrupted - drotuno
Life, Love and Madame Esme - Mina Rivera
Foul Territory - Rinabina
Chalk-Honeybeemeadows
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BrooklynBabe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 am

Muffinmom wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I still love me some FF!!!!!!

And do you have any recs? Just for kicks, here's a few I've read (or listened to) and enjoyed recently:

Maybe I'm Falling for you - Coldplaywhore
The Exchange Student - Mrs. Brownloe (used to be Lady Gwynedd, she's resposting with this new name)
Written in the stars - Lissa Bryan
Foul Territory - Rinabina
Chalk-Honeybeemeadows

My 2 cents.

Maybe I'm Falling for you - Coldplaywhore- very good
The Exchange Student - Mrs. Brownloe (used to be Lady Gwynedd, she's resposting with this new name)- average
Written in the stars - Lissa Bryan-excellent
Foul Territory - Rinabina-average. I actually like the outakes and little sequel much better than the actual story.
Chalk-Honeybeemeadows-average

I may or may not have recommended this one already but if I haven't read:

The Cullen Legacy by pattyrose. Just loved it.

Others that were very good to excellent.
A o/s by TheFicChic called Past Tense. Really got to me.

Broken Arrow by TwistingTwilight

Penalty Shot by Edward's Eternal I'm reading her WIP, the copy room and I NEVER read WIP's but it is so good.

Where the Sidewalk Ends - it's pulled - if any one wants it pm me. It was wonderful.

Down Home by MrsSpaceCowboy-light, fluffy and sweet

Recission by GeekChic12

I'll list more another day.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:46 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:
Others that were very good to excellent.
A o/s by TheFicChic called Past Tense. Really got to me.

Broken Arrow by TwistingTwilight

Penalty Shot by Edward's Eternal I'm reading her WIP, the copy room and I NEVER read WIP's but it is so good.

Where the Sidewalk Ends - it's pulled - if any one wants it pm me. It was wonderful.

Down Home by MrsSpaceCowboy-light, fluffy and sweet

Recission by GeekChic12

I'll list more another day.

I read "Down Home" just the other day :D I've been absent from Twi fic for awhile but I'm slowly being pulled back in ;) have any other light/fluffy fic reccs? I know most of you like the angst :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby BrooklynBabe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 am

kelbel75 wrote:I read "Down Home" just the other day :D I've been absent from Twi fic for awhile but I'm slowly being pulled back in ;) have any other light/fluffy fic reccs? I know most of you like the angst :?

Light and fluffy (just a few for now)

A Boy, A Girl and a Couple of Kilts by ladyeire3

We Are Young by MyLifeandHis

Seventh and Pine by iambeagle

Plan B by chocaholic123

More Than Words by SydneyAlice
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 am

Thx for the recs, I need to load up my kindle for my long plane trip tomorrow!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous