Go to footer

Cold, Cold Monday

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Cold, Cold Monday

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 am

It's another 'fake' holiday (as R4L calls them) here in the US, so I suspect is going to be a bit lonely around here today since lots of you lucky bastards don't have to work. I do. I'm not bitter about it or anything, though. Nope. Not at all. :x :x :x

So who is working with me today? What can we do to cheer ourselves up? I'm going to need extra help today because it's flipping freezing and I'm still grumpy over the disappointment that was the Golden Globes. I don't understand why the HFP would hire him to host again if he was only going to get 4 minutes of airtime in a 3 hour show. LAME. Anyway..

Well, they left out a hilarious intro to Colin Firth, but this was about it. DOUBLE LAME.

Let's entertain each other! Got any stories? Jokes? Funny videos to share? What's everyone making for dinner tonight? Talk to me, people!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Cold, Cold Monday

Postby lori_seals » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:12 am

Morning.

I'm working. I'm grumpy. I'm cold. :evil:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby mkladyjmm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 am

Morning. My feet are cold. Everything else is warm due to age 50+ hormones. Not working.

Bel Ami Yum

------
Joyce
mkladyjmm
Fake Lesbian

Postby Rob4Deb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 am

I'm cold. I'm at work (for another 30 minutes!) and I'm GRUMPY!!

Although this rather melts my heart ...

Image[/quote]
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 am

JodieO wrote:It's another 'fake' holiday (as R4L calls them) here in the US, so I suspect is going to be a bit lonely around here today since lots of you lucky bastards don't have to work. I do. I'm not bitter about it or anything, though. Nope. Not at all. :x :x :x

So who is working with me today? What can we do to cheer ourselves up? I'm going to need extra help today because it's flipping freezing and I'm still grumpy over the disappointment that was the Golden Globes. I don't understand why the HFP would hire him to host again if he was only going to get 4 minutes of airtime in a 3 hour show. LAME. Anyway..

Well, they left out a hilarious intro to Colin Firth, but this was about it. DOUBLE LAME.

IKNOWRIGHT!! What a let down. :(

Also a let down; the fact that I dont' have a holiday today either. And don't have one for another 5 weeks still :(
I'm gonna go cry now.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:IKNOWRIGHT!! What a let down. :(

Also a let down; the fact that I dont' have a holiday today either. And don't have one for another 5 weeks still :(
I'm gonna go cry now.

I don't get another one until May. :cry: :cry: :cry:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 am

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:IKNOWRIGHT!! What a let down. :(

I'm gonna go cry now.

I don't get another one until May. :cry: :cry: :cry:

You win. (that sucks dude)
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BakingNath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 am

Good Morning /afternoon..

I am not working today, it is "only" my last sick day given by my doctor.. Tomorrow i go back to work and hope everything will go back to normal
About the Golden Globes. i did not watch it, but i cant help but be proud of a french film "The Artist" which got a few awards.. it was such a risky and crazy bet they made doing it.. and they get awards from it.. such a great accomplishment .. as well as for Jean Dujardin who started his career as a comedian, got discovered by a talent show and now has a big acting career (in France) and got a GG last night...

Sorry Jodie nothing fun to show or retell and dinner will only be leftover pizza or leftover lentils dahl
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 am

BakingNath wrote:Good Morning /afternoon..

I am not working today, it is "only" my last sick day given by my doctor.. Tomorrow i go back to work and hope everything will go back to normal
About the Golden Globes. i did not watch it, but i cant help but be proud of a french film "The Artist" which got a few awards.. it was such a risky and crazy bet they made doing it.. and they get awards from it.. such a great accomplishment .. as well as for Jean Dujardin who started his career as a comedian, got discovered by a talent show and now has a big acting career (in France) and got a GG last night...

Sorry Jodie nothing fun to show or retell and dinner will only be leftover pizza or leftover lentils dahl

Dude, I SO want to see that movie! It looks fantastic and the guy that's the star dude in it is way sexy in this Gene Kelley kind of way.

Also, R4L pointed out that Uggie who plays The Dog in The Artist is the same dog that played Queenie in WFE.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BakingNath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 pm

JodieO wrote:

Dude, I SO want to see that movie! It looks fantastic

It is ... it feels weird in the beginning because there is only music.. but it fits and you spend a real good time

JodieO wrote: and the guy that's the star dude in it is way sexy in this Gene Kelley kind of way.

Thats Jean Dujardin.. and i agree he looks good... :) :D

JodieO wrote:Also, R4L pointed out that Uggie who plays The Dog in The Artist is the same dog that played Queenie in WFE.

I did not realize it, but I should have..he is really good in the movie... Some even say the dog has the best part in this film.. which is almost true.. Both male and female lead are really good too..
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby BakingNath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Here is some Rob to decorate this thread and counteract the "foreign guy" :D :) i just posted
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby mkladyjmm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Anyone know if Uggie, the dog in the link below, is the same dog used in WFE?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-artist-dog-steals-show-at-golden-globes-photos/2012/01/15/gIQAd4os2P_blog.html

Remember the pic of Rob running with the dog? I don't have that one...
------
Joyce
mkladyjmm
Fake Lesbian

Postby mkladyjmm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 pm

JodieO wrote:

Dude, I SO want to see that movie! It looks fantastic and the guy that's the star dude in it is way sexy in this Gene Kelley kind of way.

Also, R4L pointed out that Uggie who plays The Dog in The Artist is the same dog that played Queenie in WFE.

Should have read this before I posted. Sorry!

------
Joyce
mkladyjmm
Fake Lesbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Seriously. He could be Gene Kelly's grandson or something.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

IMBd does have Uggie as Queenie. this photo is in my siggie. IMO I think Ron is at his highest hawtness in WFE.
but while I'm here......

I think I am going to have pork chops for dinner.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:29 pm

I feel like spamming....

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Rob4Deb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 pm

amynkansas wrote:Image
IMBd does have Uggie as Queenie. this photo is in my siggie. IMO I think Ron is at his highest hawtness in WFE.but while I'm here......

I think I am going to have pork chops for dinner.

AGREED!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 pm

LC
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby KLutzNinja » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 pm

I worked today. Lame. It was busy as crap too. I can't do anything on the internet at work, so that's why I'm always late on posting/responding to things.

But my day completely turned around this morning with KLUTZ tweeted me a "Hope your morning is good as well" :lol: I about passed out at my desk. Love, LOVE, LOVE that man.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!! I know I will. :D
KLutzNinja
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 am

KLutzNinja wrote:I worked today. Lame. It was busy as crap too. I can't do anything on the internet at work, so that's why I'm always late on posting/responding to things.

But my day completely turned around this morning with KLUTZ tweeted me a "Hope your morning is good as well" :lol: I about passed out at my desk. Love, LOVE, LOVE that man.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!! I know I will. :D

You got a personal LUTZ Tweet??!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeet!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats