Go to footer

Tuesday Nostalgia

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Tuesday Nostalgia

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:43 am

Last night I realized that around this time three years ago I was reading Twilight for the first time... and man oh man if reading those four little books didn't change my life irrevocably (see what I did there :lol: :lol: )

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to go back to the good ol' days... before fandom drama, before crazy stalkers, before we even knew each other

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Re: Tuesday Nostalgia

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks R4L. I needed that. What a great way to wake up :D

robsten4life wrote:Anyway, I thought it would be fun to go back to the good ol' days... before fandom drama
yes please
robsten4life wrote: before crazy stalkers
yes please
robsten4life wrote: before we even knew each other

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I can't imagine my life without you guys. You are my life now (see what I did there :lol: :lol: )
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

robsten4life wrote:Anyway, I thought it would be fun to go back to the good ol' days... before fandom drama, before crazy stalkers, before we even knew each other

when was this magical time of which you speak? :lol: after reading this post this morning, I jumped on over to my christian bale forum where we used to have a quite active "twilight" thread, and I read thru some of my old posts :P ( back when I was still to shy to post a lot here :) ) I didn't like the twi movie when I first saw it :lol: and the anticipation of "new moon" coming out was so high, that I was quite biased on my initial review of it :oops: ( which I later admitted to ;) )

sometimes when I'm going thru old threads here to "clean", I run across conversations that I've had and it's always amusing :D either I surprise myself with intelligent things that I've said :ugeek: or I laugh at how many times I've changed my opinions and how hypocritical I can be :roll: :P
that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 am

I don't have any of these photos anymore, but my pre-LTT memories of Twi are those photos where they were playing with the fake vampire teeth and those photos of Rob in the blue plaid shirt outside that church.

Now that you mention it, this is my 3rd Twi-versary, too! We were reading at the same time. Awwwwwhhhh...

Funny I should be now reading the archives of Markreads.net when he was reading the Twi-books. It's hilarious how much he hates them.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am

I'm making plans to go see my first roller-derby this weekend. has anyone here ever gone to one?
that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LittleSecrets » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 am

JodieO wrote:I don't have any of these photos anymore, but my pre-LTT memories of Twi are those photos where they were playing with the fake vampire teeth and those photos of Rob in the blue plaid shirt outside that church.

Now that you mention it, this is my 3rd Twi-versary, too! We were reading at the same time. Awwwwwhhhh...

Funny I should be now reading the archives of Markreads.net when he was reading the Twi-books. It's hilarious how much he hates them.

Those are some of my favorite pics! I'm so late to the game, that most of what sucked me in was already old news to everyone :oops:

I would have loved to have been involved back when things were drama free. Were they ever really drama free? I'm rather sheltered in the fandom and get my info here (too scared to venture out!), so I mostly remain out of the loop ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am

Image Image
Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Image Image
Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Praise indeed! I forgot how SKINNY he used to be! I still love Manly Burger Rob.

These were the first photos I saved. When I made that wall of hate for UC's birthday one of these wound up on my wall. It may or may not still be there...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Rob4Deb » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I didn't get on board the Twi-bus (!!) until the summer of 2009 so its not quite my anniversary yet!!
It didn't take me long to catch up on all the videos and interviews though (I spent hours devouring it all on Youtube!)

Watched Twi on saturday, but only got as far as Robward jumping off Bella's truck and giving Billy the evil stare, as the boys came back from footie and ruined my fun!!

Oh and I had NOOO idea of all the drama and the Robstens and the Nonstens, even when I joined the Flat I had no idea, and I may even have posted a photo of R & K having dinner in HERE and not the Robsten thread!! OOPPPS!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :roll: I have learnt a lot since then!! :shock:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Aweeee my Twiversary is summer '08. I got into Twilight about two weeks before BD came out. (Thank God. I was DYING waiting for the next book). Oddly enough, I remember not being impressed with the first book at all, but it just....lingered for a few days and then I HAD to read New Moon. Also, I had seen the trailer and was SO impressed that Cederic Diggory got a leading role! I was such a proud mama! "FINE! I'll read them for CEDERIC!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Cederic, what a handsome young man you've become...
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Alright so I had a crazy dream on Sunday and I still remember quite a bit of details! Yay! Ya ready?
Soo evidently I had a HUGE Italian family (I'm not Italian) and my poor sister (Who I think is actually my older cousin, but she's a bit fuzzy) got pregnant even though she isn't married. Our brothers were giving her a REALLY hard time about it and she felt awful. I remember us living in some not-quite-ghetto-but-def-older-neighborhood when I met my new niece, Megan! She was seriously the cutest thing EVER! Teeny tiny with these BIG beautiful eyes and so fucking adorable! I didn't notice anything was odd about it until I woke up. My beautiful niece Megan ate some granola out of my hand and was, maybe, too small....I was actually able to find a picture of what she looked like....

Image She was a fucking baby OWL! What does that even mean??? And owls are carnivores, damn it! Get it right, brain!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Alright so I had a crazy dream on Sunday and I still remember quite a bit of details! Yay! Ya ready?
Soo evidently I had a HUGE Italian family (I'm not Italian) and my poor sister (Who I think is actually my older cousin, but she's a bit fuzzy) got pregnant even though she isn't married. Our brothers were giving her a REALLY hard time about it and she felt awful. I remember us living in some not-quite-ghetto-but-def-older-neighborhood when I met my new niece, Megan! She was seriously the cutest thing EVER! Teeny tiny with these BIG beautiful eyes and so fucking adorable! I didn't notice anything was odd about it until I woke up. My beautiful niece Megan ate some granola out of my hand and was, maybe, too small....I was actually able to find a picture of what she looked like....

Image She was a fucking baby OWL! What does that even mean??? And owls are carnivores, damn it! Get it right, brain!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only infants were that cute!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Y'all, Alex shared this link on Twitter with more info on the Twilight musical. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167739 ... re_twitter

Read it. Now. I'll wait.

I'd like to take back everything I said about this musical. It sounds motherfucking brilliant!!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm

JodieO wrote:Y'all, Alex shared this link on Twitter with more info on the Twilight musical. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167739 ... re_twitter

Read it. Now. I'll wait.

I'd like to take back everything I said about this musical. It sounds motherfucking brilliant!!

Did you originally think it was going to be an earnest production like me?? I was TOTALLY expecting some serious portrayal of of a shy young girl and the vampire who loved her. :| :| However- THIS sounds awesome! Poor Ron... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He never was the best wizard, was he?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:Y'all, Alex shared this link on Twitter with more info on the Twilight musical. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167739 ... re_twitter

Read it. Now. I'll wait.

Did you originally think it was going to be an earnest production like me?? I was TOTALLY expecting some serious portrayal of of a shy young girl and the vampire who loved her. :| :| However- THIS sounds awesome! Poor Ron... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He never was the best wizard, was he?

I totally did! I thought it was the worst idea on Earth.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:15 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

Read it. Now. I'll wait.

I totally did! I thought it was the worst idea on Earth.

I'm also surprised it's going to be the whole series and not just Twi. How fun!

Edit: Right? I just re-read it and that's only implied...hmmm
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Talking about the good ol' times.. I was a twivirgin until last June Image then I've made up for it with a vengeance Image

And that link to the musical? I'm dying with who the 3 "nomads" are !! Image

My favorite quote from that article was this: "If you weren't able to make the one-night-only charity benefit, don't fret: Work is being done to bring the production to the New York stage for good. "
WOOT!!! Can't wait!! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Rob4Deb » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:59 pm

[quote="JodieO"]Y'all, Alex shared this link on Twitter with more info on the Twilight musical. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167739 ... re_twitter

Read it. Now. I'll wait.

I'd like to take back everything I said about this musical. It sounds motherfucking brilliant!![/quote]

What she said!!!!!

I need to see this. now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

kelbel75 wrote:sometimes when I'm going thru old threads here to "clean", I run across conversations that I've had and it's always amusing :D either I surprise myself with intelligent things that I've said :ugeek: or I laugh at how many times I've changed my opinions and how hypocritical I can be :roll: :P [/color]

hahaha! I ALWAYS cringe when I look back at posts I made from like two years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

JodieO wrote:I don't have any of these photos anymore, but my pre-LTT memories of Twi are those photos where they were playing with the fake vampire teeth and those photos of Rob in the blue plaid shirt outside that church.

The blue plaid shirt pics were actually from New Moon filming... crazy how time just blurs together :D
robsten4life

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

This is one of my favvorrrittteess!
robsten4life

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats