Go to footer

This is the End

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: This is the End

Postby Gianna » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 pm

OMG - I have missed everyone and feel like I haven't been here in forever. (Two days...forever...whatever.) For it being the week before Christmas, I have been super busy and out for two days on top of it. Everyone is trying to move shit from their to-do list to someone else's so they can enjoy their holiday, so my list keeps getting longer instead of shorter!

Blizzard here tonight/tomorrow...calling for 10 inches in my area with 40-50 MPH wind gusts. Fabulous. I stopped at the store on my way home and stocked up on wine, coffee, and other essentials. :geek: I lugged home two tote bags of files, etc from the office today, so if all goes well I won't see the inside of that place until 2013!

KK - I missed your lender drama. Glad it has all worked out!

Amy - your dog photo is adorable!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Kel- I am reading a HS/angsty REAL book if you want to ease yourself into it (it is like a really good FF!)
It's called Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Get on Goodreads and just start a virtual pile of books that you might like to read...by looking at everyone's ratings and rec's. My To Read list is a lot longer than my Read list so don't worry about. I LISTEN to a lot of books so don't rule out those for an easy way to read while youre driving or folding laundry.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:20 am

Gianna wrote:OMG - I have missed everyone and feel like I haven't been here in forever. (Two days...forever...whatever.) For it being the week before Christmas, I have been super busy and out for two days on top of it. Everyone is trying to move shit from their to-do list to someone else's so they can enjoy their holiday, so my list keeps getting longer instead of shorter!

Blizzard here tonight/tomorrow...calling for 10 inches in my area with 40-50 MPH wind gusts. Fabulous. I stopped at the store on my way home and stocked up on wine, coffee, and other essentials. :geek: I lugged home two tote bags of files, etc from the office today, so if all goes well I won't see the inside of that place until 2013!
\

fingers crossed for you to be warm and toasty, and completely stuck in your home (with all the essentials you need, of course) for a good, long time ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 am

Baby it's cold outside!
although we only got about 3 inches of snow, they canceled school. :D which would have been awesome if this dog of mine wasn't already used to getting up at 6am. :(

It is SOOOOOOOOOOO windy!!!! WhAT''S UP WITH THIS WIND>!

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby obava » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 am

Grrrrr! :evil: I posted a long list of awesome books & series for you, Kel....and it didn't post :cry:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 am

how do we feel about the Hush Hush Series. I just got all 3 of their audiobooks from the library. it wil take some time to rip them to my itunes account. is it worth it?
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

The Fault in Our Stars. Yes, this book has lots of sad moments (but it doesn't take much to make me cry) but it has just as many funny, sweet moments. in fact sometimes the cry moments and the laugh out loud moments are literally 3 seconds apart.
You will fall in love BIG TIME with Augusta Waters.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 am

amynkansas wrote:how do we feel about the Hush Hush Series. I just got all 3 of their audiobooks from the library. it wil take some time to rip them to my itunes account. is it worth it?

Meh. I read it but wasn't interested in reading the next one. Not bad but forgettable. Im going to rec the Finnickin of the rock series. Its a fun fantasy series from an Australian author. Mr. kk even liked it and he's not a reader.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:00 am

amynkansas wrote:The Fault in Our Stars. Yes, this book has lots of sad moments (but it doesn't take much to make me cry) but it has just as many funny, sweet moments. in fact sometimes the cry moments and the laugh out loud moments are literally 3 seconds apart.

Yes.all of this. Its a good sad.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

amynkansas wrote:Kel- I am reading a HS/angsty REAL book if you want to ease yourself into it (it is like a really good FF!)
It's called Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Get on Goodreads and just start a virtual pile of books that you might like to read...by looking at everyone's ratings and rec's. My To Read list is a lot longer than my Read list so don't worry about. I LISTEN to a lot of books so don't rule out those for an easy way to read while youre driving or folding laundry.

that does sound like a good one, and exactly like a fanfic :lol: you linked me to the audio versions of the Hunger Games once upon a time :D and I liked listening to them while doing stuff around the house, but I didn't like that lady's voice :? so the narration could make it or break it for me in audio books :|
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 am

obava wrote:Grrrrr! :evil: I posted a long list of awesome books & series for you, Kel....and it didn't post :cry:

oh, no! please re-post when you get the time! 8-) (the forum ate some of my posts yesterday as well, & it kept kicking me off altogether! :x )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

Kay Kay wrote:
amynkansas wrote:The Fault in Our Stars. Yes, this book has lots of sad moments (but it doesn't take much to make me cry) but it has just as many funny, sweet moments. in fact sometimes the cry moments and the laugh out loud moments are literally 3 seconds apart.

Yes.all of this. Its a good sad.

okay, I'll trust you guys; it's going on the list ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 am

Kay Kay wrote:Im going to rec the Finnickin of the rock series. Its a fun fantasy series from an Australian author. Mr. kk even liked it and he's not a reader.

sounds like my DH & son would like this one too 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 am

so my son had to do a fun Christmas themed worksheet for extra credit last night, where you had to guess the Christmas song by synonyms. some were easy and some were really hard!

example: colorless yuletide (white Christmas) :D wanna play?

:?: Array the Corridors
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

Kel, you said you never made it through Water for Elephants. You should try the audiobook..It is read my FAVORITE narrator...David LeDoux. I dig this guy's voice so much that sometimes I just pick one of "his" books and he reads me to sleep at night through my ipod.

I get most of my audiobooks through the library. Either through audiobook CDs or through their Downloadable book website. IF there are any that you are interested in and can't find or have too many holds, let me know and I will check my online library. I can give you my info and you can download them. I also have several (20+) ripped to my itunes so I can put them in my Cloud and you can get them from there. Once you download an audiobook to your ipod it will stay on there forever until you delete it.

My favorite romance novel audiobook is Natural Born Charmer by Suasan Elizabeth Phillips. It is read by my favorite FEMALE narrator, Anna Fields aka Kate Fleming. It is an old book (1990's) but whenever I just want something light and funny with a smidge of smut, it's my go to book. I bet I read/listen to it about once a year.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

kelbel75 wrote:so my son had to do a fun Christmas themed worksheet for extra credit last night, where you had to guess the Christmas song by synonyms. some were easy and some were really hard!

example: colorless yuletide (white Christmas) :D wanna play?

:?: Array the Corridors

Deck the Halls
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Im going to rec the Finnickin of the rock series. Its a fun fantasy series from an Australian author. Mr. kk even liked it and he's not a reader.

sounds like my DH & son would like this one too 8-)

I couldn't get into that book, but maybe I will give it a try again.

I started reading/listening to Ready Player One but I stopped because I think my 12 yr old boy will LOVE it too so I am waiting to continue because we are getting it for him for Christmas. it will be fun to read it "together".
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 am

I've locked down this thread. I've got another one started. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats