Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Gianna wrote:I finished Gone Girl and really liked it except for

the ending which I found annoying,. Talk about anti-climatic! So he just stays with her because of the child? I didn't love that.


Anyone read either of her other two books? Thoughts on which one to read next?



I read sharp objects and although it was a good story, it was too dark for me. I mean REALLY DARK and now I am afraid to read her other books.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Thanks! I keep popping back in just to gawk at my own post.


It's the time of day when I need a window shade. Wish they were bigger (TWSS).


He's big here: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 0-1920.jpg

(TWSS)

I have no idea why his skin is Cullen white in that photo, though.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Thanks! I keep popping back in just to gawk at my own post.


It's the time of day when I need a window shade. Wish they were bigger (TWSS).


Here's another biggun. If your office walls are a bit... dreary and industrial they might blend in with this photo and no one would be the wiser!

http://meandrichard.files.wordpress.com ... ies805.jpg
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:21 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:I finished Gone Girl and really liked it except for

the ending which I found annoying,. Talk about anti-climatic! So he just stays with her because of the child? I didn't love that.


Anyone read either of her other two books? Thoughts on which one to read next?



I read sharp objects and although it was a good story, it was too dark for me. I mean REALLY DARK and now I am afraid to read her other books.


That's the one I was thinking about reading next. At least I have been forewarned.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

amynkansas wrote:call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image


I do still have a fondness for that sweater.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

amynkansas wrote:call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image


I'll join you in your traditionalist stance!

Suit Ron is perfect. I wouldn't kick 7 Layers Hobo Ron out of my office (or anywhere else for that matter) and New England Vacation Ron reminds me that I am trying to plan a summer vacation in Maine this June. (In fact I was on the phone with the owner of a rental house when you posted New England Vacation Ron.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Alexandra wrote:I'll join you in your traditionalist stance!

Suit Ron is perfect. I wouldn't kick 7 Layers Hobo Ron out of my office (or anywhere else for that matter) and New England Vacation Ron reminds me that I am trying to plan a summer vacation in Maine this June. (In fact I was on the phone with the owner of a rental house when you posted New England Vacation Ron.)


YAY!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image


I do still have a fondness for that sweater.

Me too! Sweater Rob got a nostalgic "aww" out of me.
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

amynkansas wrote:jodie, I finally sent you the tuck money a couple days ago. let me know if you don't receive it because I did it cash style.

I went the cash rout as well, Jodie. Did you get it???
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
amynkansas wrote:jodie, I finally sent you the tuck money a couple days ago. let me know if you don't receive it because I did it cash style.

I went the cash rout as well, Jodie. Did you get it???


I did! I keep meaning to PM everyone I got money from, but I have so far been too lazy to get all the envelopes together because I suck. :? Amy, I'll keep an eye out!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
This is hilarious because I threatened to do something like that Last week! I took my laptop into the other room one day it was that annoying. As infrequently as my boss is actually HERE, I could make a Ron window collage and he would not care. :lol:


DO IT!


Just make a big poster of this and put it over your window. Maybe the window in the background will fool anyone who comes looking for illegal window covers.

Image

Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Hugh Jackman when I look at RA???
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm

amynkansas wrote:call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image


ILY.

My window faces a parking lot (fancy!). Watcha got for parking lot Ron???
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:Just make a big poster of this and put it over your window. Maybe the window in the background will fool anyone who comes looking for illegal window covers.

Image

Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Hugh Jackman when I look at RA???


No. There is a resemblance. Especially in this particular photo shoot.

Image
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:Morning Ladies!

Someone do something to prevent me from going on a murder spree!

Please?


Hmmmmmm. How to distract Jodie, so she won't have to spend the rest of her natural days in prison? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Oh! :o I have it! :D

Hey Jodie, just think how excited you'll be when the new extended version of BD 1 is released this March! That should cheer you and give you something to live for today! :D Hmmm. :? Maybe not. :| :roll:

Am I the only one thinking that this is ridiculous? Just a ploy to try to get me to buy another copy? It isn't going to work on me. Ridiculous.


That's exactly what that is. I hate when they do that!


URGE TO KILL RISING

Hee! That has been me the last few days. PMS to the extreme (for me). Co worker got the worst of it. (and I feel so bad about it too :roll: ) AND I found out that I switched stores that day so I now only have to see her stupid judgey face ONE day a week! Wee!
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

do we have any flatmates in germany? my husband who usually just travels to MN or IA will be traveling to Germany this year and his wife (ME!!!!) might get to tag along. Must update my passport card to a full fledged PASSPORT!!!

Nothing set yet but I will take a slim chance to go overseas to no chance
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Gianna wrote:
amynkansas wrote:call me a traditionalist... but how do we feel about suit ron?

...perfect for a place of business...

Image

or if your window faces an alley.... how about 7 layers hobo ron

Image

or if your office faces a red lobster...
Image


ILY.

My window faces a parking lot (fancy!). Watcha got for parking lot Ron???

I oddly don't have a picture of Ron in a parking lot! If you faced a zoo, an old-timey carriage, new york, or the inside of an airport then I could help you. (Or if your city suddenly went black and white then I have bit more to choose from)
Last edited by Kay Kay on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

amynkansas wrote:do we have any flatmates in germany? my husband who usually just travels to MN or IA will be traveling to Germany this year and his wife (ME!!!!) might get to tag along. Must update my passport card to a full fledged PASSPORT!!!

Nothing set yet but I will take a slim chance to go overseas to no chance

LRF is in Germany, right???
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
amynkansas wrote:do we have any flatmates in germany? my husband who usually just travels to MN or IA will be traveling to Germany this year and his wife (ME!!!!) might get to tag along. Must update my passport card to a full fledged PASSPORT!!!

Nothing set yet but I will take a slim chance to go overseas to no chance

LRF is in Germany, right???


She is! I got a lovely Christmas card from her!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I'll join you in your traditionalist stance!

Suit Ron is perfect. I wouldn't kick 7 Layers Hobo Ron out of my office (or anywhere else for that matter) and New England Vacation Ron reminds me that I am trying to plan a summer vacation in Maine this June. (In fact I was on the phone with the owner of a rental house when you posted New England Vacation Ron.)


YAY!


We are thinking about a house in Southwest Harbor. Mr. A is still mad that he would have to fly USAir. But it beats the 14 hour drive (probably more with traffic) with kids in the car.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I'll join you in your traditionalist stance!

Suit Ron is perfect. I wouldn't kick 7 Layers Hobo Ron out of my office (or anywhere else for that matter) and New England Vacation Ron reminds me that I am trying to plan a summer vacation in Maine this June. (In fact I was on the phone with the owner of a rental house when you posted New England Vacation Ron.)


YAY!


We are thinking about a house in Southwest Harbor. Mr. A is still mad that he would have to fly USAir. But it beats the 14 hour drive (probably more with traffic) with kids in the car.


Ugh. Yes. Well, maybe. USAir is pretty shittastic.

I think our family trip to Florida when I was 5 is the reason I hate road trips. Family of 7 in a car. Before the days of minivans. Back in the days when cars had those big humps in the middle of the back seat. HORRIBLE.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Sort of Parking Lot Ron:

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm

My day just took a huge nose dive. All of a sudden I'm anxious and stressed out and almost feel like I have to cry. Ugghhh WTF. It was in response to 2 different people in the workplace, and maybe I misinterpreted their actions/words but I'm feeling so uncomfortable and all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed. :oops: :x :cry:

I hate being a perfectionist and always wanting to make people happy without disappointing anyone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Gianna wrote:
ILY.

My window faces a parking lot (fancy!). Watcha got for parking lot Ron???


Image

Parking lot Robward. . . Wait, I know I can do better. Stand by.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Gianna wrote:Sort of Parking Lot Ron:

Image


This is the one I was searching for. And how about Twiward in his sunnies when he's going to hell? I know I have a pic of that around here somewhere.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest