Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

amynkansas wrote:Warning: boring dentist story ahead, with no actual point. skip if you're in a hurry.

i went to the dentist yesterday. I needed a tiny filling at the base of one of my teeth. It has been super sensitive for the past year or so. it's not a cavity but instead, its just where the gum line has receded and exposes part of my tooth that doesn't have enough protective enamel.

SO he knows that I don't take well to anesthetic, (meaning: i always need more than the average person) so he said he is going to give me something that shoots straight into the bone in my jaw (insert cringing here :? )

LONG story longer: it takes him an HOUR just to get me SORT OF numb. He finally says, "this is a small job, can you handle 10 seconds of pain?" After an hour of him shooting about 85 needles into my jaw and gums I told him to "just get it done". It took him 8 seconds to drill the hole. He did the actually filling in about 3 minutes.

It was a very tense hour yesterday. And today my mouth is SO SORE!!!! It took a beating yesterday. He said the only other person he has ever had in his 20 years of practice, that the "bone" shot didn't work on was....my son. He said we have VERY dense bones...which normally is a great thing.

so this means no osteoporosis for amy!!!

no dentist story is boring to me! 8-) I've had to have what you had done once before, and now I have a diff't one that we've been trying to soothe with prescription toothpaste :roll: (they're exposed roots, and they are NOT fun when certain foods get stuck in that gum pocket; chocolate is the worst :shock: ) it seems that I have the opposite problem than you w/anesthetic tho, when it hits my system it makes me all shakey like I'm going into diabetic shock or something :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Alexandra wrote:My oldest shared this funny story with me yesterday when I asked about her day at school. She was assigned to work with this guy in class and she said he has a British accent. I asked if he moved from the UK. Her response: "You'd think so huh? But no. He's just crazy." Apparently this kid has spoken with a British accent since school started in Sept. (This is middle school, so she didn't go to school with him before Sept.) Once a teacher told him to use his real voice in class and he just keep answering with an accent. Since she was working with him, she asked yesterday, "So are you from the UK?" He said No. She asked if his parents were from the UK. No. The whole time he kept talking in a British accent. She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool. :roll: :roll: :roll: She said she rolled her eyes, decided he was nuts and went back to the school work. Apparently since Sept, she had never heard him speak without a British accent. :roll: This kid must drive his parents nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really like this kid! can I meet him? :lol: (when my son tries to talk in a British accent, it sounds Jamaican :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm

another Christmas song question:
:?: Righteous Darkness
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:My oldest shared this funny story with me yesterday when I asked about her day at school. She was assigned to work with this guy in class and she said he has a British accent. I asked if he moved from the UK. Her response: "You'd think so huh? But no. He's just crazy." Apparently this kid has spoken with a British accent since school started in Sept. (This is middle school, so she didn't go to school with him before Sept.) Once a teacher told him to use his real voice in class and he just keep answering with an accent. Since she was working with him, she asked yesterday, "So are you from the UK?" He said No. She asked if his parents were from the UK. No. The whole time he kept talking in a British accent. She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool. :roll: :roll: :roll: She said she rolled her eyes, decided he was nuts and went back to the school work. Apparently since Sept, she had never heard him speak without a British accent. :roll: This kid must drive his parents nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like your daughter is smart! Or maybe HE is actually not crazy, but rather he knows that girls swoon for the British accent...he's just gearing up for high school!!

I told her that maybe he heard that girls love British boys and he's trying to impress the girls. She said, "Ew. It's going to take a lot more than a fake British accent. He's strange."
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

kelbel75 wrote:another Christmas song question:
:?: Righteous Darkness

O Holy Night

:?: I Spied my Parental Unit Embracing a Man in Red :?:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool.

Yes, BRITISH people ARE cool...but americans PRETENDING to be British...not so much.

HEY.

You asked me to make that suit! It took weeks to do that! Hrmph!

;)

One of you please wear this when we finally have a huge Flat party meet up! It is awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

JodieO wrote: :?: I Spied my Parental Unit Embracing a Man in Red :?:

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus :) the one on my son's worksheet for this song was: "To Descry Matriarchial Osculation of Yuletide Anthropomorphism" :shock:

here's another rough one:
:?: Jehovah Dulicify Blithe Chevaliers
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Alexandra wrote: One of you please wear this when we finally have a huge Flat party meet up! It is awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if you are reeeeeeally really good. I might pair it with a jaunty scarf to complete the look. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Alexandra wrote: ;)

One of you please wear this when we finally have a huge Flat party meet up! It is awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DIBS!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote: One of you please wear this when we finally have a huge Flat party meet up! It is awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if you are reeeeeeally really good. I might pair it with a jaunty scarf to complete the look. ;)

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote: ;)

DIBS!!!!

ILY so much!
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:55 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote: :?: I Spied my Parental Unit Embracing a Man in Red :?:

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus :) the one on my son's worksheet for this song was: "To Descry Matriarchial Osculation of Yuletide Anthropomorphism" :shock:

here's another rough one:
:?: Jehovah Dulicify Blithe Chevaliers

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen?

:?: It May Precipitate :?:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Our power keeps going out and then coming back after a few minutes. My range is gas versus electric, so I think I will make a bolognese sauce for dinner. It takes about 5 hours, but then what else do I have to do?? I finally told work I was signing off because it got frustrating. SNOW DAY! :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Gianna wrote:Our power keeps going out and then coming back after a few minutes. My range is gas versus electric, so I think I will make a bolognese sauce for dinner. It takes about 5 hours, but then what else do I have to do?? I finally told work I was signing off because it got frustrating. SNOW DAY! :D

Woo Hoo! Gotta love a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:Our power keeps going out and then coming back after a few minutes. My range is gas versus electric, so I think I will make a bolognese sauce for dinner. It takes about 5 hours, but then what else do I have to do?? I finally told work I was signing off because it got frustrating. SNOW DAY! :D

Woo Hoo! Gotta love a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, strike that. Mr G wants to go out for dinner to get out of the house. Guess I am leaving today, after all. :roll:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm

JodieO wrote:http://ow.ly/i/1heSd

BRILLANT!! Thanks Jodes!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby obava » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am

*pokes head in* Hi honeys! Happy Solstice & Not the End of the World! :D
xo O
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:00 pm

JodieO wrote:http://ow.ly/i/1heSd

JodieO wrote:https://twitter.com/letter2twilight/status/282154049145548800/photo/1

These are wonderful! Great job, Jodie!
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I saw this and thought of your DD's project partner...

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:26 pm

out of these...which is your favorite?

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 pm

amynkansas wrote:out of these...which is your favorite?

Um, hello impossible! I'm gonna pick the very last one tonight
because it's the 'oldest' looking Ron, and it makes me feel the least skeevie for totally wanting to jump his bones :D
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 pm

i am looking for a recipe for a crockpot breakfast recipe. Eggs, bacon, cheese, etc. I want it for Christmas morning.

anyone?
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby LittleSecrets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:39 am

amynkansas wrote:i am looking for a recipe for a crockpot breakfast recipe. Eggs, bacon, cheese, etc. I want it for Christmas morning.

anyone?

I saw one on pinterest the other day that had eggs, bacon, hash browns, cheese (all the good things in life ;)

Let me go search for a few minutes.....

Here's one with sausage - could probably substitute bacon without starting an international incident.

http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2012/11 ... erole.html

This is the one I'm thinking of making
http://www.alattewithotta.com/2010/11/c ... erole.html
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby obava » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:21 am

amynkansas wrote:i am looking for a recipe for a crockpot breakfast recipe. Eggs, bacon, cheese, etc. I want it for Christmas morning.

anyone?

I tweeted you a link to a bunch of them. I didn't know if you wanted bacon v. sausage, hash browns v. country potatoes, etc etc.
obava
Twilosophy Major

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats