Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

Hi, I'm Jodie Foster. why is everyone so obsessed with my private life? it's become such a hardship, everyone always wanting to know about my sexual orientation & who my famous friends are, its none of your business!! I'm an actress and director; please concern yourselves with my work & let me keep my personal life PRIVATE! I'm getting honored with a very distinguished award tonight, highlighting my achievements in the film industry but instead of talking about my craft & how important it has been in my life, I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you about my private life instead: how I came out about my same sex relationship already at an industry dinner a few years ago; maybe you missed it? I'm mentioning it now, just so you know it did happen already & it's not going to happen tonight ;) oh look, my very famous & important friend Mel over there is here to support me! btw,can you see me, am I showing up on camera okay? my dress may not be sparkly enough ....WHAT?! did you just ask me about my sexual orientation again? :x and what is your obsession with who I know? please just leave me alone! (and yes, I'd be happy to come back to this very public event next year & complain some more about how hard it is to be in the spotlight all of the time. kisses! XOXO)

While parts of her speech gave me some major :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and I think this maybe wasn't as brilliant a speech as I would have expected of her, I do agree that celebrities should be allowed private lives. They are not obligated to publicly divulge or declare anything at all. But super wrong forum to be making that speech. Alison Arngrim, also a former child star shed some very interesting light on the situation on her twitter if anyone cares to read:

https://twitter.com/Arngrim Her discussion about the rambling speech is timestamped for about 1:40 PM or 3 hours ago from now. I have no idea which time zone she is in.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:26 pm

JodieO wrote:While parts of her speech gave me some major :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and I think this maybe wasn't as brilliant a speech as I would have expected of her, I do agree that celebrities should be allowed private lives. They are not obligated to publicly divulge or declare anything at all. But super wrong forum to be making that speech.

oh, I agree that celebrities deserve their right to privacy. the paps behavior towards them in general is deplorable most of the time. & it's sad that they have to give up so many parts of their life just to pursue a career that they are passionate about. while I did find parts of Jodie Foster's speech touching, it was not the correct venue to vent her frustrations about what she has given up to be a celebrity; those parts of her speech unfortunately canceled out the rest for me. and if it was anybody else, I might let it slide, but she's had a habit lately of dragging out the violins for her lost childhood when talking about any and everything. (I'm PMSing, so I'm extra snarky :? ) the irony & hypocrisy of announcing the very things she wishes to keep private, in that very public forum, reminds me of someone...hmm, I can't remember who tho...I'm sure it will come to me ;) :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am

suit? hobo? beanie? scruffy? Clean shaven? whatever....I'm in.

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:43 pm

amynkansas wrote:suit? hobo? beanie? scruffy? Clean shaven? whatever....I'm in.

Can I have one of each? Yum.

Where is everyone today?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Where is everyone today?

I have been attempting to be productive but popping (not "pooping" like I just typed a second ago) in every now and then to see if anyone is around to play. The bad news is that it has been empty around here. The good news is that I have done 3 loads of laundry and actually folded and put stuff away. (I have done this while listening to a book "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk"... which I have been sort of enjoying but not FULL OUT enjoying)

I have also been listening to my dog bark NON-STOP at some squirrels that, I can only assume by my dogs vigilance, are planning some sort of district uprising.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Where is everyone today?

I have been attempting to be productive but popping (not "pooping" like I just typed a second ago) in every now and then to see if anyone is around to play. The bad news is that it has been empty around here. The good news is that I have done 3 loads of laundry and actually folded and put stuff away. (I have done this while listening to a book "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk"... which I have been sort of enjoying but not FULL OUT enjoying)

I have also been listening to my dog bark NON-STOP at some squirrels that, I can only assume by my dogs vigilance, are planning some sort of district uprising.

I've been here. But I'm finally starting to come down with this illness that everyone has been coughing all over me for the past two months so I've been all groggy and grumpy and dreaming of curling up in a chair with something warm.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm

I've been here on and off. But I have my cranky pants on (again!) so I'm being quiet. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 pm

lori_seals wrote:I've been here on and off. But I have my cranky pants on (again!) so I'm being quiet. :D

I have my cranky pants on this afternoon, too. I was hoping that someone here could amuse/entertain me. Sigh.

Sorry that you're coming down with it Jodie. Blech. That's no fun. No fun at all.

Amy, yay for clean laundry. Folded and put away is a bonus. I can leave a key under the front mat at my place if you feel like contiuning your Laundry Fairy duties tomorrow.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 pm

lori_seals wrote:I've been here on and off. But I have my cranky pants on (again!) so I'm being quiet. :D

Ugh, I'm so fucking cranky! :evil:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:

Me too! WTF. Here's hoping tomorrow is better for all of us.
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

LCneiny wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Me too! WTF. Here's hoping tomorrow is better for all of us.

Okay, not a whole lot better here today. I've been awake since 3 am. Finally got out of bed at 4:15. And I'm not feeling the greatest. Headache for the 2nd day in a row, ick-ish tummy. And its snowing. Had a nasty drive into work but I'm here, dammit.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby LCneiny » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

lori_seals wrote:
Okay, not a whole lot better here today. I've been awake since 3 am. Finally got out of bed at 4:15. And I'm not feeling the greatest. Headache for the 2nd day in a row, ick-ish tummy. And its snowing. Had a nasty drive into work but I'm here, dammit.

Yikes! Are you sick again?
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 am

LCneiny wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Yikes! Are you sick again?

I certainly hope I'm not coming down with something again. :?
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Has anyone heard from BB?

Oh no Lori...did I give you what I have? I told you making out was a bad idea! :lol:

I am on the mend thanks to the most fabulous cough syrup ever made. It has Vicodin in it, people. Vicodin. One dose and I am out for the night with no coughing. Or at least I am too far gone to know I am coughing. Either way, I will take it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Gianna wrote:Has anyone heard from BB?

Oh no Lori...did I give you what I have? I told you making out was a bad idea! :lol:

I am on the mend thanks to the most fabulous cough syrup ever made. It has Vicodin in it, people. Vicodin. One dose and I am out for the night with no coughing. Or at least I am too far gone to know I am coughing. Either way, I will take it.

I know, I know but you're just so damn irresistible. ;)
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 pm

I texted her to make sure she was still alive over the weekend. I was getting worried about her since she hasn't posted in a long time. She has been sick with bronchitis. She said once she feels better, she will check back in here.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 pm

lori_seals wrote:

I know, I know but you're just so damn irresistible. ;)

I can't help it.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Alexandra wrote:

I texted her to make sure she was still alive over the weekend. I was getting worried about her since she hasn't posted in a long time. She has been sick with bronchitis. She said once she feels better, she will check back in here.

Ah-good to know!

Back to filing...I bet I have a pile of papers three inches high that have to be filed. Ugh.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:55 am

airport rob AND guitar rob. it's going to be a good day.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 am

amynkansas wrote:airport rob AND guitar rob. it's going to be a good day.

AND smiley Rob!
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:00 am

Alexandra wrote:

AND smiley Rob!

its just too bad this isn't taking place at the kansas city airport
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 am

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

AND smiley Rob!

its just too bad this isn't taking place at the kansas city airport

That is a crying shame. For real. And I just want to put out there that my office is less than 5 minutes away from DCA, so I could be there at the drop of a hat if he (or any of you) found himself in need of a ride. I'm nice like that. ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 pm

feel good movie of the year!

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 pm

just killing some time.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Amy - those are awesome!!!

I am way busier than I want to be today. Do not like.

But...BIG NEWS...the drug I started last month for my lungs has FINALLY kicked in (it takes 4 weeks or so to build up in your system) has started to work and today is the first day I haven't had pain in weeks and weeks and weeks!!! I am so happy I could cry. Now to kick this cold and I will be back in the game, baby!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats