Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:Image

Who is that?

OH DAMN. It was on a site listed as our favorite hobo but I didn't look close enough....fan fail.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:Image

Who is that?

OH DAMN. It was on a site listed as our favorite hobo but I didn't look close enough....fan fail.

Hee! From the angle of the photo it totally could have been him. I looked at it for a long while trying to decide whether or not it was him. A good long while...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

JodieO wrote:I've just finished watching the first season of MI-5 with Matthew McFayden (hello, New Darcy!) and I have a hard time following it. It's like trying to watch three episodes of 24 all at once. I can usually only follow what is happening with the subplots and the main plot of each episode is so super duper spy/terrorist cloak & dagger that it's way over my head. Even when I forced myself to stop playing solitaire and put down my knitting and watch an episode without blinking I still couldn't begin to tell you what was going on with that Irish terrorist guy. Not a clue. Thankfully the subplots are interesting enough that I still get some enjoyment out of the show.

it sounds like something my DH will actually enjoy watching w/me, then :D I only follow the main plots in anything, b/c I get too distracted with 10 million other things that I see :roll: so then he explains what I totally missed, & it makes him feel useful; it's win-win for us :P

I've only watched the two episodes with him in it so far; tell me: why is Johnny Depp above her desk?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:08 pm

these two are cute together :D

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Image Image Image Image
"forever" isn't sounding so good anymore :? :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 pm

I want this bedroom 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I've just finished watching the first season of MI-5 with Matthew McFayden (hello, New Darcy!) and I have a hard time following it. It's like trying to watch three episodes of 24 all at once. I can usually only follow what is happening with the subplots and the main plot of each episode is so super duper spy/terrorist cloak & dagger that it's way over my head. Even when I forced myself to stop playing solitaire and put down my knitting and watch an episode without blinking I still couldn't begin to tell you what was going on with that Irish terrorist guy. Not a clue. Thankfully the subplots are interesting enough that I still get some enjoyment out of the show.

it sounds like something my DH will actually enjoy watching w/me, then :D I only follow the main plots in anything, b/c I get too distracted with 10 million other things that I see :roll: so then he explains what I totally missed, & it makes him feel useful; it's win-win for us :P

I've only watched the two episodes with him in it so far; tell me: why is Johnny Depp above her desk?

It's never really explained, but I think it's just because she thinks he's hot. During most of the show's run it was a photo of Sean Bean. It's next to her picture of Jesus.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:28 am

kelbel75 wrote:I want this bedroom 8-)

If you end up getting this bedroom, expect to see me reading on one of the chaise's near the window. Don't worry... I'll be quiet and stay out of your way. It won't be creepy at all.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 am

kelbel75 wrote:these two are cute together :D

GAH! They are so totally adorable together. And I think they need to do a sexually ambiguous buddy movie. Just a thought....

"I think you could put on 20 lbs and still not be a 'fat dude'." That cracks me up. And it's true.

It's probably dumb, but it annoys me when people think that Twitter is just a place to talk about what you had for lunch. I would say that I was made aware of about 95% of the world's more important news stories over the past 4 years via Twitter where events were being discussed long before the stories broke over traditional news outlets. And it's just a fun place to talk to people. Whoever wrote that question needs a smackin'.

Richard's voice when he says "only on Cinemax".... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Excuse me, I need a moment alone...

Martin really is adorable. I'd kind of like to keep him in my pocket and take him out when I need a laugh.

I actually really like Richard's outfit. He should dress himself more often.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 am

amynkansas wrote:

If you end up getting this bedroom, expect to see me reading on one of the chaise's near the window. Don't worry... I'll be quiet and stay out of your way. It won't be creepy at all.

You wouldn't be able to sleep late AT ALL in that bedroom. At least I couldn't. I require darkness for sleeping.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:17 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:

You wouldn't be able to sleep late AT ALL in that bedroom. At least I couldn't. I require darkness for sleeping.

If tired, I can sleep anywhere...anytime. If it bothers me, I will get a sleep mask or ask for some room darkening drapes. Kel won't mind.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 am

amynkansas wrote:If tired, I can sleep anywhere...anytime. If it bothers me, I will get a sleep mask or ask for some room darkening drapes. Kel won't mind.

You're lucky! I'm a super fussy sleeper. It's probably for the best that I sleep alone. My bedrooms are always like caves. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:If tired, I can sleep anywhere...anytime. If it bothers me, I will get a sleep mask or ask for some room darkening drapes. Kel won't mind.

You're lucky! I'm a super fussy sleeper. It's probably for the best that I sleep alone. My bedrooms are always like caves. :?

My bedroom is SO dark. I have lined dark drapes OVER blinds and they are both closed all of the time. And my kids have dark rooms too. And fans. We love fans. And cookies.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 am

Martin Freeman makes me laugh.

My only knowledge of Richard Armitage is as the hairy, surly dude in The Hobbit. Of which I was a disappointed fan (loved the LOTR movies. Felt TH fell short of my expectations). But perhaps I should investigate some. I can see the appeal. I hope I don't offend anyone when saying this - but he has some similar features to Gerrard Butler - whom is most defs on my List. So yeah....I must investigate some :D

amynkansas wrote:

Me too! 'Cept I'm gonna be the one lying naked on your bed.
and.that.might.be.a.little.creepy.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 am

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:

My bedroom is SO dark. I have lined dark drapes OVER blinds and they are both closed all of the time. And my kids have dark rooms too. And fans. We love fans. And cookies.

Mmmm.... cookies.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Martin Freeman makes me laugh.

My only knowledge of Richard Armitage is as the hairy, surly dude in The Hobbit. Of which I was a disappointed fan (loved the LOTR movies. Felt TH fell short of my expectations). But perhaps I should investigate some. I can see the appeal. I hope I don't offend anyone when saying this - but he has some similar features to Gerrard Butler - whom is most defs on my List. So yeah....I must investigate some :D

amynkansas wrote:

Me too! 'Cept I'm gonna be the one lying naked on your bed.
and.that.might.be.a.little.creepy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerard Butler?!?!? I'M OFFENDED! Why I outta...!!!

Just kidding. He does look similar to a lot of actors. My bestie and fellow fangirl thinks he looks like the lovechild between Hugh Jackman and Daniel Radcliffe.

What about The Hobbit fell short for you? I'm trying to slog through the book now and I'm thanking whatever deity for sending Peter Jackson down to make the movie. BUT, I'd be curious to hear what a proper fan of the book thinks of it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 pm

never knew my dream bedroom could strike up so much conversation, somewhat creepy conversation, but convo all the same :P getting those fancy electronic blinds was the first thing I thought of when viewing that room ;) Amy, you can come visit but you can't stay, sorry, I'm bitchy like that :roll: & Abs will not be coming anywhere near my bedroom... :? :lol:

altho I use "the Twitter" a lot more than I used to, I still have to agree with the assessment in that video :? I use it to get information, which it is a fantastic source for, but it's annoying for the "small talk challenged" like me. I have to wade thru all of the: I shouldn't have ate those onions for lunch/ my dog's farts smell like road-kill/ I broke a nail, chit-chat to get to the good stuff :|

I am a long-time fan of the whole Hobbit/Middle-Earth series. I thought the movie was surprisingly good! yes, it didn't cover much ground, but Peter is literally putting the content of the book up on screen, instead of "adapting", & I think that's cool as hell! 8-) he's trying to weave in some info from "unfinished tales" to bulk up the plot and I think that's okay; you do what you gotta do to get it out there. but overall I am very pleased with the result, especially the inclusion of some of the songs :D

describing Richard as the "hairy dude" made me cringe :o but I'll forgive you, just this once :) in several pics he reminds me of a cross between Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper, tho certain angles when his hair is slicked back reminds me of that annoying detective from "Psyche" :? anyways, he's one of those people whose essence is lost in a still photo, IMO. he has a subtle everyday charisma that sneaks up on you; he's not an over-the-top in your face kind of guy, & when you pair that with his "English-ness" & the VOICE...may I have some more, please? :shock: (I like him just a teeny bit :oops: & it's all Jodie's fault! have a thanked you lately? if not THANK YOU, JODIE! :D )

Martin Freeman is cute and funny all on his own (he was the main reason I even finished watching the first season of the original UK "Office" :? ) but the way he brought out the "real" Richard in those vids was priceless! THAT is chemistry ;) :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm

someone else who is a fan of the "Hobbit" books 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yQBuwvcTqtY

(the youtube tags aren't working, again :roll: :x )

**if Richard Armitage isn't your thing, no worries, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. but I know a few of us do like him, and I'm in the beginning stages of a new obsession, I feel it sweeping me away as we speak :lol: so just be warned! you can always scroll past it, that's what I do with Ian, afterall ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm

kelbel75 wrote:altho I use "the Twitter" a lot more than I used to, I still have to agree with the assessment in that video :? I use it to get information, which it is a fantastic source for, but it's annoying for the "small talk challenged" like me. I have to wade thru all of the: I shouldn't have ate those onions for lunch/ my dog's farts smell like road-kill/ I broke a nail, chit-chat to get to the good stuff :|

I am a long-time fan of the whole Hobbit/Middle-Earth series. I thought the movie was surprisingly good! yes, it didn't cover much ground, but Peter is literally putting the content of the book up on screen, instead of "adapting", & I think that's cool as hell! 8-) he's trying to weave in some info from "unfinished tales" to bulk up the plot and I think that's okay; you do what you gotta do to get it out there. but overall I am very pleased with the result, especially the inclusion of some of the songs :D

describing Richard as the "hairy dude" made me cringe :o but I'll forgive you, just this once :) in several pics he reminds me of a cross between Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper, tho certain angles when his hair is slicked back reminds me of that annoying detective from "Psyche" :? anyways, he's one of those people whose essence is lost in a still photo, IMO. he has a subtle everyday charisma that sneaks up on you; he's not an over-the-top in your face kind of guy, & when you pair that with his "English-ness" & the VOICE...may I have some more, please? :shock: (I like him just a teeny bit :oops: & it's all Jodie's fault! have a thanked you lately? if not THANK YOU, JODIE! :D )

Martin Freeman is cute and funny all on his own (he was the main reason I even finished watching the first season of the original UK "Office" :? ) but the way he brought out the "real" Richard in those vids was priceless! THAT is chemistry ;) :roll:

I'll fully admit that there is plenty of inane tweets about food going down on Twitter, I'm guilty of lots of them myself, but that's not really what it's about. It's so much more! And I've met some pretty awesome people through Twitter. And I get to pretend that I'm besties with the celebrities who tweet me back. ;)

As I'm reading The Hobbit I'm glad that Jackson is adding stuff from all the appendixes and whatnot. Otherwise it would be a movie about a bunch of guys walking and bitching about not having any food to eat. Like Twitter! ;)

Well, he was quite hairy in TH. That was his own beard and all. As much as I don't care for beards I can appreciate that it was a pretty impressive bit of hairiness.

YOU'RE WELCOME. And thank YOU for coming aboard! It's very lonely being a sole fangirl. I actually avoided seeking out interviews and such with him because it's so not fun to get all excited and not have anyone to share it with. It's been a long two years and now I get to let my Armitage freak flag fly and I've got a lot of pent up fangirling to do. And although I'm totally trying to recruit new members I'm not going to be offended if others don't want to get on the bus. Everyone is welcome to decorate the walls of the flat with the hot men of their choices. ;) Not just welcome, but encouraged. :D
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:25 pm

JodieO wrote:As I'm reading The Hobbit I'm glad that Jackson is adding stuff from all the appendixes and whatnot. Otherwise it would be a movie about a bunch of guys walking and bitching about not having any food to eat. Like Twitter! ;)
:lol: too true! if I had to love it or leave it, based on just "The Hobbit" alone, I wouldn't like the series as much as I do; the LOTR & the Silmarillion are why I fangirl ;) I'm looking forward to the next movie tho, b/c it will have my favorite parts of the book in it (spiders, wood-elves, dragon, etc.)

YOU'RE WELCOME. And thank YOU for coming aboard! It's very lonely being a sole fangirl. I actually avoided seeking out interviews and such with him because it's so not fun to get all excited and not have anyone to share it with. It's been a long two years and now I get to let my Armitage freak flag fly and I've got a lot of pent up fangirling to do. And although I'm totally trying to recruit new members I'm not going to be offended if others don't want to get on the bus. Everyone is welcome to decorate the walls of the flat with the hot men of their choices. ;) Not just welcome, but encouraged. :D
there, there *pats back in comfort* it's okay, I'm here now :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:As I'm reading The Hobbit I'm glad that Jackson is adding stuff from all the appendixes and whatnot. Otherwise it would be a movie about a bunch of guys walking and bitching about not having any food to eat. Like Twitter! ;)
:lol: too true! if I had to love it or leave it, based on just "The Hobbit" alone, I wouldn't like the series as much as I do; the LOTR & the Silmarillion are why I fangirl ;) I'm looking forward to the next movie tho, b/c it will have my favorite parts of the book in it (spiders, wood-elves, dragon, etc.)

there, there *pats back in comfort* it's okay, I'm here now :D

I remember reading LotR when I was in high school and I remember it being a bit of a chore. :? By the time I got to Return of the King I was pretty much at the "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS RING ANYMORE I HOPE YOU ALL DIE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" point. But I did enjoy the movies. Should I give it another try? Or is it three books of people walking and bitching about being hungry?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

decorating now under way...

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm

kelbel75 wrote:decorating now under way...

Image Image

Who is the first dude?

James McAvoy was on Graham Norton this weekend and I couldn't watch it because Quentin Tarantino was on, too, and I can't stand that pretentious douchebag prick him. And James's accent is so lovely.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 pm

JodieO wrote:I remember reading LotR when I was in high school and I remember it being a bit of a chore. :? By the time I got to Return of the King I was pretty much at the "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS RING ANYMORE I HOPE YOU ALL DIE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" point. But I did enjoy the movies. Should I give it another try? Or is it three books of people walking and bitching about being hungry?

well, they do walk a lot. and fight about where they should go & what they should do with the ring...but I liked all of the angst of it. especially in the last two, the whole WORLD depends on Frodo walking to his doom, the sacrifice he's making and how everyone else is fighting for the same thing in their own individual ways. I remember the awe of the Golden Wood, the anticipation of Helm's Deep, and the hope when Faramir was introduced (he should of been the focus of the love story, not Aragorn & the made up Elf princess :roll: ) the movies were REALLY good tho, so I wouldn't say they weren't as good as the books, just a little bit diff't in places. Peter Jackson is wonderful with capturing the imagery of the original stories 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:decorating now under way...

Who is the first dude?
Adam Levine, from Maroon 5

James McAvoy was on Graham Norton this weekend and I couldn't watch it because Quentin Tarantino was on, too, and I can't stand that pretentious douchebag prick him. And James's accent is so lovely.
James has my favorite Scottish accent 8-) (Glasgow)
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats