Craft Services

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

Speaking of the GN show... I have to say Ewan's laugh is one of the best things ever. It will never stop making me happy.

I don't know who the two bottom dudes are, but the one on the right is a dead ringer for a guy I want to college with. Very handsome and charming.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 pm

THIS episode will go on my top 5 favorite Graham Norton shows. They both were so funny and bantered with eachother so well. They looked like they were BFF's. During the light saber part I was laughing my as off.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

when I was in my tweens/teens my favorite guy was Timothy Hutton. I was a nerd then too.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

JodieO wrote:

Speaking of the GN show... I have to say Ewan's laugh is one of the best things ever. It will never stop making me happy.

I don't know who the two bottom dudes are, but the one on the right is a dead ringer for a guy I want to college with. Very handsome and charming.

Are they from the US version of Being Human?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 pm

growing up, my mom had a framed black and white photo of Robert Redford hanging in the kitchen. I come by my good looking guy obession honestly.

My dad would just refer to him as "The Mole Man"...much like MY husband refers to Ron as "fagboy"
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:50 pm

amynkansas wrote:growing up, my mom had a framed black and white photo of Robert Redford hanging in the kitchen. I come by my good looking guy obession honestly.

My dad would just refer to him as "The Mole Man"...much like MY husband refers to Ron as "fagboy"

I LOVE THIS!

My mom had a poster of Rhinestone Era Elvis. :? Not nearly as awesome.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BakingNath » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Hii , long time no see around here..
I just browsed a couple previous pages in this thread and have really enjoyed all the Richard Armitage "pretty" that has been posted recently. Thanks to Jodie i discovered him a while ago in N&S (on Youtube.. :) and was (pleasantly) surprised to see him in The Hobbit.. I am currently vacillating between fangirling about either Richard Armitage or Benedict Cumberbatch (i watched the 2nd season of Sherlock last week and i find him quite fine in it.. whereas i am a bit unsure of his "everyday look")
Btw i just finished reading The Hobbit (long train rides are really helping with progressing on books) and i agree there s a lot of moaning about missing breakfast/lunch/dinner... i am surprised that there will be 2 extra movies with what remains of the story, but maybe if there is extra plot and if all the adventures get "meatier" it will be worth it.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

BakingNath wrote:Hii , long time no see around here..
I just browsed a couple previous pages in this thread and have really enjoyed all the Richard Armitage "pretty" that has been posted recently. Thanks to Jodie i discovered him a while ago in N&S (on Youtube.. :) and was (pleasantly) surprised to see him in The Hobbit.. I am currently vacillating between fangirling about either Richard Armitage or Benedict Cumberbatch (i watched the 2nd season of Sherlock last week and i find him quite fine in it.. whereas i am a bit unsure of his "everyday look")
Btw i just finished reading The Hobbit (long train rides are really helping with progressing on books) and i agree there s a lot of moaning about missing breakfast/lunch/dinner... i am surprised that there will be 2 extra movies with what remains of the story, but maybe if there is extra plot and if all the adventures get "meatier" it will be worth it.

YAY! Welcome back! And I'm glad that you are on the Armitage bandwagon. It's a nice place to be. Lots of swooning.

While I'm not on the Benedict bus I know a lot of people who are, and I agree that there is something about those sharp cheekbones. I'm interested to see what HIS role in The Hobbit will bring as well as his role in the upcoming Star Trek movie. He also looked really good at the Golden Globes.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I remember reading LotR when I was in high school and I remember it being a bit of a chore. :? By the time I got to Return of the King I was pretty much at the "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS RING ANYMORE I HOPE YOU ALL DIE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" point. But I did enjoy the movies. Should I give it another try? Or is it three books of people walking and bitching about being hungry?

well, they do walk a lot. and fight about where they should go & what they should do with the ring...but I liked all of the angst of it. especially in the last two, the whole WORLD depends on Frodo walking to his doom, the sacrifice he's making and how everyone else is fighting for the same thing in their own individual ways. I remember the awe of the Golden Wood, the anticipation of Helm's Deep, and the hope when Faramir was introduced (he should of been the focus of the love story, not Aragorn & the made up Elf princess :roll: ) the movies were REALLY good tho, so I wouldn't say they weren't as good as the books, just a little bit diff't in places. Peter Jackson is wonderful with capturing the imagery of the original stories 8-)

Hrm... Ok, I'll give them another whirl although I'm going to have to *SIGH* PAY for the Kindle versions. Those books are annoyingly pricey for Kindle books. I like the free kind better... I'm cheap like that.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

amynkansas wrote:when I was in my tweens/teens my favorite guy was Timothy Hutton. I was a nerd then too.

"Made in Heaven", remember that one? where he falls in love with a new soul in Heaven. she has to leave, to be "born", & he is reincarnated to try and follow her; he has to remember her, then track her down. I used to love that movie :) and "Turk 182" as well.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:21 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:growing up, my mom had a framed black and white photo of Robert Redford hanging in the kitchen. I come by my good looking guy obession honestly.

I LOVE THIS!

my mom's crush has always been Stephen Tyler...wtf? he looks & acts like a girl :roll: the complete opposite of my dad! what does my dad look like, you ask? *cringes* Christian Bale :o :lol: no shit, the older Christian gets, the more he resembles my father; it's really starting to creep me out :shock:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Are they from the US version of Being Human?

yes, the US version of "Being Human", which I stopped watching b/c it got dumb :roll: I need to watch the original UK version, the places where the plot differs seems MUCH better. and their vampire is that cute Irish guy who was in "The Hobbit" :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I LOVE THIS!

my mom's crush has always been Stephen Tyler...wtf? he looks & acts like a girl :roll: the complete opposite of my dad! what does my dad look like, you ask? *cringes* Christian Bale :o :lol: no shit, the older Christian gets, the more he resembles my father; it's really starting to creep me out :shock:

Somewhere Freud is dancing a jig. :lol: :lol:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 pm

JodieO wrote:

AGREED! it's one of my favorite things about him :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:37 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:my mom's crush has always been Stephen Tyler...wtf? he looks & acts like a girl :roll: the complete opposite of my dad! what does my dad look like, you ask? *cringes* Christian Bale :o :lol: no shit, the older Christian gets, the more he resembles my father; it's really starting to creep me out :shock:

Somewhere Freud is dancing a jig. :lol: :lol:

I KNOW!! :oops: they did NOT resemble each other when Christian was younger :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I remember reading LotR when I was in high school and I remember it being a bit of a chore. :? By the time I got to Return of the King I was pretty much at the "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS RING ANYMORE I HOPE YOU ALL DIE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" point. But I did enjoy the movies. Should I give it another try? Or is it three books of people walking and bitching about being hungry?

well, they do walk a lot. and fight about where they should go & what they should do with the ring...but I liked all of the angst of it. especially in the last two, the whole WORLD depends on Frodo walking to his doom, the sacrifice he's making and how everyone else is fighting for the same thing in their own individual ways. I remember the awe of the Golden Wood, the anticipation of Helm's Deep, and the hope when Faramir was introduced (he should of been the focus of the love story, not Aragorn & the made up Elf princess :roll: ) the movies were REALLY good tho, so I wouldn't say they weren't as good as the books, just a little bit diff't in places. Peter Jackson is wonderful with capturing the imagery of the original stories 8-)

Hrm... Ok, I'll give them another whirl although I'm going to have to *SIGH* PAY for the Kindle versions. Those books are annoyingly pricey for Kindle books. I like the free kind better... I'm cheap like that.

keep in mind that "the hobbit" is classified as a YA book, and rightfully so. the writing style of that first one is a lot simpler than the following ones; it's my least favorite out of the main four.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

JodieO wrote:
BakingNath wrote:Hii , long time no see around here..

YAY! Welcome back! And I'm glad that you are on the Armitage bandwagon. It's a nice place to be. Lots of swooning.

While I'm not on the Benedict bus I know a lot of people who are, and I agree that there is something about those sharp cheekbones. I'm interested to see what HIS role in The Hobbit will bring as well as his role in the upcoming Star Trek movie. He also looked really good at the Golden Globes.

I've been seeing this guy mentioned everywhere lately, but am not really familiar w/him. I knew he was in something I'd seen before tho, I just couldn't figure out what. after going to IMDB I saw that it was "Starter for 10" w/James McAvoy; I love that movie, so funny & cute! :D (he was in "Atonement" w/him as well) but his page says that he's going to be Khan in the new Star Trek? I'm not so sure about that :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I've been seeing this guy mentioned everywhere lately, but am not really familiar w/him. I knew he was in something I'd seen before tho, I just couldn't figure out what. after going to IMDB I saw that it was "Starter for 10" w/James McAvoy; I love that movie, so funny & cute! :D (he was in "Atonement" w/him as well) but his page says that he's going to be Khan in the new Star Trek? I'm not so sure about that :?

He's playing KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN? I didn't realize that... Hrm.. I don't know that anyone can replace Ricardo and his mullet of awesome... But I have seen the trailer for the movie and Benedict's bits made me want to see it more.

Wait... that didn't sound right... :?

You should check out the Sherlock series, Kel. It's very well done and a lot of fun to watch.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I've been seeing this guy mentioned everywhere lately, but am not really familiar w/him. I knew he was in something I'd seen before tho, I just couldn't figure out what. after going to IMDB I saw that it was "Starter for 10" w/James McAvoy; I love that movie, so funny & cute! :D (he was in "Atonement" w/him as well) but his page says that he's going to be Khan in the new Star Trek? I'm not so sure about that :?

He's playing KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN? I didn't realize that... Hrm.. I don't know that anyone can replace Ricardo and his mullet of awesome... But I have seen the trailer for the movie and Benedict's bits made me want to see it more.

Wait... that didn't sound right... :?

You should check out the Sherlock series, Kel. It's very well done and a lot of fun to watch.

IMDB says he's "rumored" to play Khan (?) after I went to his page I saw he was the one in the current Sherlock Holmes show that I've been hearing so much about; I'll have to check that one out too. so much to see! looks like I'll have to cut back on my fanfic addiction to find more time :o :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Jodie: are you planning on buying Bobby's new album? I'm on the fence about it, which makes me feel like a bad fan :? (I skipped his book too :oops: )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Jodie: are you planning on buying Bobby's new album? I'm on the fence about it, which makes me feel like a bad fan :? (I skipped his book too :oops: )

I am also on the fence. I feel very badly about it. :? It's not that I don't want it, it's just that I so rarely get a chance to listen to music. :? I have an old shitty car with an old shitty radio and I lost my MP3 player adapter thinger. I suppose I will eventually. I got a gift card to itunes for Christmas and we have a really good local record store where I can get it for cheap, so I probably will purchase it at some point.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats