Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:I know. ♥ And that's exactly what I've been doing. We have SO much fun together,
in and out of bed.
So I'm enjoying it much to my mother's dismay. :D

We can't tell our kids what choices to make, so your Mum needs to leave you to make your own decisions. I'm so pleased you're having fun (and fab sex!) :D :D :D

Better than what I'm getting! ;)

Nor me right now, I'm too bloody tired! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Has anyone read Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman? I'm reading it at the moment as my eldest is studying it at school. So far I'm really enjoying it, but I have a feeling its not going to be a HEA. Should I be scared? :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm

guitargirl wrote:Has anyone read Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman? I'm reading it at the moment as my eldest is studying it at school. So far I'm really enjoying it, but I have a feeling its not going to be a HEA. Should I be scared? :?

I have never heard of this book...

Why does that sound like a super English name for tic-tac-toe?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Has anyone read Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman? I'm reading it at the moment as my eldest is studying it at school. So far I'm really enjoying it, but I have a feeling its not going to be a HEA. Should I be scared? :?

Sorry. I haven't heard of it either. :?

But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: I didnt realise Tic Tac Toe was what you called noughts and crosses!

Here's a synopsis. However, it's not really a romance at all and I have a feeling it's going to end badly. :?

'Sephy is a Cross – a member of the dark-skinned ruling class. Callum is a nought – a ‘colourless’ member of the underclass who were once slaves to the Crosses. The two have been friends since early childhood. But that’s as far as it can go. Until the first steps are taken towards more social equality and a limited number of Noughts are allowed into Cross schools… Against a background of prejudice and distrust, intensely highlighted by violent terrorist activity by Noughts, a romance builds between Sephy and Callum – a romance that is to lead both of them into terrible danger…'
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: I didnt realise Tic Tac Toe was what you called noughts and crosses!

Here's a synopsis. However, it's not really a romance at all and I have a feeling it's going to end badly. :?

'Sephy is a Cross – a member of the dark-skinned ruling class. Callum is a nought – a ‘colourless’ member of the underclass who were once slaves to the Crosses. The two have been friends since early childhood. But that’s as far as it can go. Until the first steps are taken towards more social equality and a limited number of Noughts are allowed into Cross schools… Against a background of prejudice and distrust, intensely highlighted by violent terrorist activity by Noughts, a romance builds between Sephy and Callum – a romance that is to lead both of them into terrible danger…'

HAHAHA! I was totally being jokey! I didn't really think it was the same game! :lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose your name makes a bit more sense, though...

According to amazon.com this is a trilogy so things may get worse before they can get better... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Sorry. I haven't heard of it either. :?

But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM?

Funnily enough this was on the bookshelf at Asda this morning. :lol: I've not read it though, sorry Alex. You're not lazy either, just busy! :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
JodieO wrote:

HAHAHA! I was totally being jokey! I didn't really think it was the same game! :lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose your name makes a bit more sense, though...

According to amazon.com this is a trilogy so things may get worse before they can get better... :?[/quote]

I know you were joking Jodes. :lol: :lol: Oh bugger about it getting worse, as I'm having heart fail as it is. :shock: I can't put it down though. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Sorry. I haven't heard of it either. :?

Funnily enough this was on the bookshelf at Asda this morning. :lol: I've not read it though, sorry Alex. You're not lazy either, just busy! :lol: :lol:

I think that KK or Manda mentioned reading it a long time ago. My oldest has read Twilight . . . and so I figure this will probably be fine, but I just wanted to double check. She's a mature 12, but I don't want her stumbling into explicit sex scenes when she's reading. I don't want her to be that mature.

And thanks! I have been pretty busy here lately. I owe you an email, and I had planned to catch up with you this past weekend, but a 4 year old with a stomach bug :cry: really kept me busy. Laundry, laundry, laundry. Yuck.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Alexandra wrote:But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM? [/color]

I've read this one, & it's perfectly fine for your daughter I think :) some heavy "You have a girlfriend but I really like you & I know you like me" kind of angst, but nothing too serious ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Alexandra wrote:I think that KK or Manda mentioned reading it a long time ago. My oldest has read Twilight . . . and so I figure this will probably be fine, but I just wanted to double check. She's a mature 12, but I don't want her stumbling into explicit sex scenes when she's reading. I don't want her to be that mature.

And thanks! I have been pretty busy here lately. I owe you an email, and I had planned to catch up with you this past weekend, but a 4 year old with a stomach bug :cry: really kept me busy. Laundry, laundry, laundry. Yuck.

Oh no, poor you. Stomach bugs are terrible for creating washing! Hope the little guy feels better soon. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM? [/color]

I've read this one, & it's perfectly fine for your daughter I think :) some heavy "You have a girlfriend but I really like you & I know you like me" kind of angst, but nothing too serious ;)

Thanks, Kel! I knew that someone around here had read it. :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

JodieO wrote:Gia, feel free to use this as your guideline when finding me a husband:

Noted!

I had to giggle about the prospect of finding an Irish hillbilly... ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 pm

guitargirl wrote:If you've still got it when you get to Ireland, then I suggest you go on a boat trip on a rough day. I'm sure the Irish sea air will do you the world of good. When I was little, if I ever had a cold or a nasty cough my Dad would take me to stand outside on the ferry, even in the wind and rain. He said it blew the germs away. It sounds crazy, but it worked. He always made sure I was well wrapped up though. Probably an old wives tale, but it worked pretty well. :lol:

I love this story! But I am seriously hoping that I don't have a need for it while I am there.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I've read it. I don't remember there being any s-e-x just kissing and if I remember right, a situation where a parent has died from cancer and a rocky relationship with another (if I remember right - Manda, Amy, KK...help!). So, bottom line, no sexy times, but some situations which I would classify as older YA. Not sure that helps you. :|
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 pm

so i brought in the groceries. left the bags on the kitchen floor while I went upstairs to check the messages. When I came down a couple minutes later I found a package of steaks behind the ottoman in the livingroom and a container of hummus under the coffee table. My dog is such a sneaky asshole.

And yes, I cut off the chewed part of the steak and cooked the rest. It was $6.99 a pound!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

amynkansas wrote:so i brought in the groceries. left the bags on the kitchen floor while I went upstairs to check the messages. When I came down a couple minutes later I found a package of steaks behind the ottoman in the livingroom and a container of hummus under the coffee table. My dog is such a sneaky asshole.

And yes, I cut off the chewed part of the steak and cooked the rest. It was $6.99 a pound!

I love that your dog knew to grab an appetizer and an entree, though. He must have been on the lookout for a dessert when you came back.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:00 am

Gianna wrote:

I've read it. I don't remember there being any s-e-x just kissing and if I remember right, a situation where a parent has died from cancer and a rocky relationship with another (if I remember right - Manda, Amy, KK...help!). So, bottom line, no sexy times, but some situations which I would classify as older YA. Not sure that helps you. :|

I don't remember any sex scenes but there was *implied* sex. The boy would stay overnight as his girlfriends and they talk about the last time the GF and him slept together. I would say don't let her read it because Etienne is a douche bag and Anna is a skank! (FYI, I didn't care for the book but I'm in the minority) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:02 am

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:Questionaire:
1. Accent
2. Not terrifying to look at
3. Not an asshole
4. Job
5. Not a hillbilly

My standards aren't as high as they once were...

It's SO sad how our standards get lower and lower, isn't it? I don't even need #1. And #5 is iffy.

#1 is only a requirement if Gia is going to foreign lands to find me a husband. I'd be a little disappointed if she went to Ireland to find me an American. ;)

I'm afraid #5 is a firm deal breaker for me. Which is why I live with cats.

Oh my god this whole conversation had me DYING at work when I peeked on my phone. I love you both! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am

So I saw a silly movie this weekend that I think a few of you would enjoy. It's called Decoy Bride with David Tennent and Kelly MacDonald (the voice for Brave). She is ADORABLE. I have a mad crush on her. It's on Netflix instant if anyone is in the mood for a fluffy movie with cute accents (And for you UK ladies..there are some American accents for you if you find those attractive...maybe?)

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I don't remember any sex scenes but there was *implied* sex. The boy would stay overnight as his girlfriends and they talk about the last time the GF and him slept together. I would say don't let her read it because Etienne is a douche bag and Anna is a skank! (FYI, I didn't care for the book but I'm in the minority) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whaaa? you didn't like Etienne? :shock: I'd say he was a pussy maybe, but not a douche ;) and how was Anna a skank? you need to explain! :x :P I'll admit I didn't love the book, it took too freakin long for them to work their shit out :roll: but it was still enjoyable :) the follow-up one from that author, "Lola and the boy next door" I had more problems with :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 am

Kay Kay wrote:So I saw a silly movie this weekend that I think a few of you would enjoy. It's called Decoy Bride with David Tennent and Kelly MacDonald (the voice for Brave). She is ADORABLE. I have a mad crush on her. It's on Netflix instant if anyone is in the mood for a fluffy movie with cute accents (And for you UK ladies..there are some American accents for you if you find those attractive...maybe?)

I remember her from "Trainspotting"; she's grown up a bit since then ;) this movie reminds me of "Leap Year", did you see that one? one of my favorites, that looks kind of like this one, is "the Matchmaker"; both of these take place in Ireland. aww heck, I should mention "Starter for 10" too, just cause it's cute and funny :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 am

so this is where I've seen that cumberbatch dude before! I knew I saw him in something, I just couldn't think of what :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats