Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am

Kay Kay wrote:So I saw a silly movie this weekend that I think a few of you would enjoy. It's called Decoy Bride with David Tennent and Kelly MacDonald (the voice for Brave). She is ADORABLE. I have a mad crush on her. It's on Netflix instant if anyone is in the mood for a fluffy movie with cute accents (And for you UK ladies..there are some American accents for you if you find those attractive...maybe?)

She was also the Grey Lady in Deathly Hallows.

I've had a bit of a girl crush on Kelly McD for a while. I loved her as Maggie Smith's maid in Gosford Park and she did a lovely little film called The Girl in the Cafe with Bill Nighy from Love Actually.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 am

Kay Kay wrote:So I saw a silly movie this weekend that I think a few of you would enjoy. It's called Decoy Bride with David Tennent and Kelly MacDonald (the voice for Brave). She is ADORABLE. I have a mad crush on her. It's on Netflix instant if anyone is in the mood for a fluffy movie with cute accents (And for you UK ladies..there are some American accents for you if you find those attractive...maybe?)

I'll watch anything with David Tennant!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote: quote="JodieO"
Questionaire:
1. Accent
2. Not terrifying to look at
3. Not an asshole
4. Job
5. Not a hillbilly

My standards aren't as high as they once were... /quote

It's SO sad how our standards get lower and lower, isn't it? I don't even need #1. And #5 is iffy.

#1 is only a requirement if Gia is going to foreign lands to find me a husband. I'd be a little disappointed if she went to Ireland to find me an American. ;)

I'm afraid #5 is a firm deal breaker for me. Which is why I live with cats.

Oh my god this whole conversation had me DYING at work when I peeked on my phone. I love you both! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I'm glad my increasing desperation can be a source of amusement to my married friends. :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am

JodieO wrote:

She was also the Grey Lady in Deathly Hallows.

I've had a bit of a girl crush on Kelly McD for a while. I loved her as Maggie Smith's maid in Gosford Park and she did a lovely little film called The Girl in the Cafe with Bill Nighy from Love Actually.

We discovered that on either HBO or Showtime a couple of weeks ago. It is so cute. My oldest loved it. She watches it everytime that it is on. She found it on Sunday again and I watched about 45 minutes of it with her until one of the other kids needed "MOMMY!" :roll: I love David Tennant in the plaid pants and furry vest combo. Awesome.

ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

Alexandra wrote:Image

Ok, now I defs have to check this out.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM? [/color]

I've read it. I don't remember there being any s-e-x just kissing and if I remember right, a situation where a parent has died from cancer and a rocky relationship with another (if I remember right - Manda, Amy, KK...help!). So, bottom line, no sexy times, but some situations which I would classify as older YA. Not sure that helps you. :|

I don't remember any sex scenes but there was *implied* sex. The boy would stay overnight as his girlfriends and they talk about the last time the GF and him slept together. I would say don't let her read it because Etienne is a douche bag and Anna is a skank! (FYI, I didn't care for the book but I'm in the minority) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the input. I downloaded it onto her kindle last night, before I read that the douche bag and skank info. But I'll just make sure she and I talk about it as she's reading it. The death and estrangement stuff doesn't bother me too much, she's read HP and HG, so I know she's okay with that stuff. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again. :)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Image

Ok, now I defs have to check this out.

Seriously, does it get any cuter than this?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 pm

I survived the DMV and renewing my drivers license this morning, but seriously, where DO all of the weirdos that you encounter while waiting COME from anyway??!?!?? Frightening. A friend was there last week and the same time of day and it took three hours, but I was only there an hour. All clear for five more years!

Snow coming tonight, so I am packing up my stuff and working from home tomorrow. Yay! Coffee and PJs while answering emails! Love it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Gianna wrote:I survived the DMV and renewing my drivers license this morning, but seriously, where DO all of the weirdos that you encounter while waiting COME from anyway??!?!?? Frightening. A friend was there last week and the same time of day and it took three hours, but I was only there an hour. All clear for five more years!

Snow coming tonight, so I am packing up my stuff and working from home tomorrow. Yay! Coffee and PJs while answering emails! Love it!

You are expecting snow tomorrow and we are expecting 69 degree temps.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:I survived the DMV and renewing my drivers license this morning, but seriously, where DO all of the weirdos that you encounter while waiting COME from anyway??!?!?? Frightening. A friend was there last week and the same time of day and it took three hours, but I was only there an hour. All clear for five more years!

Our weather is so crazy right now. Yesterday it was in the 30s, but it was 60 degrees at midnight last night. Now tonight we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Our weather is so crazy right now. Yesterday it was in the 30s, but it was 60 degrees at midnight last night. Now tonight we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow.

We've been getting the same craziness.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

quote="kelbel75"]
Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss? Anyone read it? It is YA and my 12 year old wants to read it and I know I could just read it first to see if it is okay for her, but I thought I'd check with you all first. Can you spell LAZY MOM? [/color]

I've read it. I don't remember there being any s-e-x just kissing and if I remember right, a situation where a parent has died from cancer and a rocky relationship with another (if I remember right - Manda, Amy, KK...help!). So, bottom line, no sexy times, but some situations which I would classify as older YA. Not sure that helps you. :|

I don't remember any sex scenes but there was *implied* sex. The boy would stay overnight as his girlfriends and they talk about the last time the GF and him slept together. I would say don't let her read it because Etienne is a douche bag and Anna is a skank! (FYI, I didn't care for the book but I'm in the minority) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whaaa? you didn't like Etienne? :shock: I'd say he was a pussy maybe, but not a douche ;) and how was Anna a skank? you need to explain! :x :P I'll admit I didn't love the book, it took too freakin long for them to work their shit out :roll: but it was still enjoyable :) the follow-up one from that author, "Lola and the boy next door" I had more problems with :? [/quote]
Where do I begin!?
Etienne is a douche because he's having an emotional affair with Anna and sometimes full on cheating when they have their sleep overs and dates (though I'll admit the dates are a bit grey)! He's leading them BOTH on and it's not fair to Ellie or Anna but Ellie especially! We're supposed to not like Elllie because she's a "bitch" (how convenient, by the way) and oh Etienne is so redeemed because he loves his mom. Nope. Not to me. He's a shitty boyfriend and a selfish prick.

Anna is a whole other can of worms. First of all, her whole story is ~First World Problems~. Oh I hate my daddy because he's rich. He's sending me to Paris! What a jerk! Vom. THEN she KNOWS her friend Meradith is in love with Etienne AND that he has a GF but she pursues him anyway. What about sisterhood???? Sisters before Misters??? I HATE women who trample other women to get to a dick. And that's all that he is! A dick in a pretty package. No thank you! AND Anna is all upset when she goes home because her friend does the EXACT same thing she's doing! Hypocrite! I don't like this book because two rotten people get their way.

End rant.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:You are expecting snow tomorrow and we are expecting 69 degree temps.

I just walked outside on an errand, and I can't believe how beautiful it is out. The sun is shining and it is at least 60 degrees. So strange, but so nice. And like your weather, Gia, ours is supposed to yo-yo again in a couple of days to be cold and wintery again. Maybe some snow on Friday. :roll: But right now, I want to go and sit outside.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

quote="Alexandra"]
lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:You are expecting snow tomorrow and we are expecting 69 degree temps.

I just walked outside on an errand, and I can't believe how beautiful it is out. The sun is shining and it is at least 60 degrees. So strange, but so nice. And like your weather, Gia, ours is supposed to yo-yo again in a couple of days to be cold and wintery again. Maybe some snow on Friday. :roll: But right now, I want to go and sit outside. [/quote]
CALIFORNIA is going to be mid 50s-mid60s this week and nice and sunny. Perfect weather to move here or visit. :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Alexandra wrote:I just walked outside on an errand, and I can't believe how beautiful it is out. The sun is shining and it is at least 60 degrees. So strange, but so nice. And like your weather, Gia, ours is supposed to yo-yo again in a couple of days to be cold and wintery again. Maybe some snow on Friday. :roll: But right now, I want to go and sit outside.

It is currently a downpour here. :x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just walked outside on an errand, and I can't believe how beautiful it is out. The sun is shining and it is at least 60 degrees. So strange, but so nice. And like your weather, Gia, ours is supposed to yo-yo again in a couple of days to be cold and wintery again. Maybe some snow on Friday. :roll: But right now, I want to go and sit outside.

Boo. That is crappy, no matter what the temperature is. :(
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Alexandra wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Boo, that's what's coming our way for the next two days. Much warmer temps, but wind and rain. I'd rather just deal with the cold. :roll:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Boo, that's what's coming our way for the next two days. Much warmer temps, but wind and rain. I'd rather just deal with the cold. :roll:

Yeah, I think we've seen the sun like twice in the last 3 weeks. Give me cold, sunny weather over this crap!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:05 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
Alexandra wrote:But I too have a book question: Anna and the French Kiss?

whaaa? you didn't like Etienne? :shock: I'd say he was a pussy maybe, but not a douche ;) and how was Anna a skank? you need to explain! :x :P I'll admit I didn't love the book, it took too freakin long for them to work their shit out :roll: but it was still enjoyable :) the follow-up one from that author, "Lola and the boy next door" I had more problems with :?

Where do I begin!?
Etienne is a douche because he's having an emotional affair with Anna and sometimes full on cheating when they have their sleep overs and dates (though I'll admit the dates are a bit grey)! He's leading them BOTH on and it's not fair to Ellie or Anna but Ellie especially! We're supposed to not like Elllie because she's a "bitch" (how convenient, by the way) and oh Etienne is so redeemed because he loves his mom. Nope. Not to me. He's a shitty boyfriend and a selfish prick.

Anna is a whole other can of worms. First of all, her whole story is ~First World Problems~. Oh I hate my daddy because he's rich. He's sending me to Paris! What a jerk! Vom. THEN she KNOWS her friend Meradith is in love with Etienne AND that he has a GF but she pursues him anyway. What about sisterhood???? Sisters before Misters??? I HATE women who trample other women to get to a dick. And that's all that he is! A dick in a pretty package. No thank you! AND Anna is all upset when she goes home because her friend does the EXACT same thing she's doing! Hypocrite! I don't like this book because two rotten people get their way.

End rant.
[/quote]
so, it's not like you have strong feelings about it or anything, then? :P
yes, I agree with all of the things that you said...as the adult that I now am ;) but I tried to put myself into that age bracket while reading it, and remembering how I would've felt or what I would've done. yes, he is playing them both (Anna & his GF), but I don't think he was doing it on purpose; just to much of a pussy to give up what is safe & comfortable, to pursue something that is new and may be a better fit :? I didn't see Anna as the horrible person that you did :( yes, she threw a tantrum over being sent to Paris, but really she just wanted her father's time & attention, and part of that was out of fear as well. and the friend who had a crush on Etienne let her feelings be known, but she didn't really pine over him or gush about him to Anna. so are you supposed to pass up what may be meant for you, just b/c someone else has hinted that they think it might be meant for them instead? Anna tried to resist because of her friend, she really held off a long time, IMO, b/c of that. but when they just meshed so well together, & then they bonded over the holidays, I thought it was perfectly fine by that point to go for it; her friend sure wasn't going to go out on a limb and try :roll:

so I just say Anna as someone who fell for a confused young man who gave her attention, not a "skank" :| she could be seen as a questionable friend maybe, but it's not like she set out to betray her friend; sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to make YOU happy *shrugs*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

I agree with KayKay. I too was not a fan of St. Clair and I really didn't like the fact that her BFF back home had such an icky relationship. I prefered Lola and the Boy Next Door which I gave 4 stars. "Anna" got 3 stars.

And speaking of books. I just finished On Dublin Street...which I thought was going to be someting romantic, funny and sexy but was in fact boring and poorly written. Like really bad FF. Is there a chance that was once a FF? Kel, do you know? I haven't bought an ebook for about 6 months and I so want my $5.99 back. Talk about a character that was annoying.... And it got so many great ratings. People are idiots.

My son (6th grade and loves reading) is on the 3rd book in the James Patterson series Witch and Wizard. He normally likes realistic fiction but is devouring these books. I personally have not read them. Life as We Knew it is a good YA book for her age.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

I have no idea why this is so mesmerizingly hot. But it is.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

amynkansas wrote:I agree with KayKay. I too was not a fan of St. Clair and I really didn't like the fact that her BFF back home had such an icky relationship. I prefered Lola and the Boy Next Door which I gave 4 stars. "Anna" got 3 stars.

And speaking of books. I just finished On Dublin Street...which I thought was going to be someting romantic, funny and sexy but was in fact boring and poorly written. Like really bad FF. Is there a chance that was once a FF? Kel, do you know? I haven't bought an ebook for about 6 months and I so want my $5.99 back. Talk about a character that was annoying.... And it got so many great ratings. People are idiots.

My son (6th grade and loves reading) is on the 3rd book in the James Patterson series Witch and Wizard. He normally likes realistic fiction but is devouring these books. I personally have not read them. Life as We Knew it is a good YA book for her age.

Amy, my daughter (7th grade) has read that series and loved it. She also loved his Maximum Ride series and the Daniel X books, as well. If your son hasn't gotten to those yet, he should probably give them a try. I'll look for Life as We Knew It on Kindle for her. Thanks for the recommendations. (And I'll steer clear of On Dublin Street. Thanks for the warning.) :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

The original....

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

amynkansas wrote:I agree with KayKay. I too was not a fan of St. Clair and I really didn't like the fact that her BFF back home had such an icky relationship. I prefered Lola and the Boy Next Door which I gave 4 stars. "Anna" got 3 stars.

interesting. you didn't like St. Clair (I like saying "Etienne" better; it's fun :P ) for the reasons KayKay stated, but didn't Lola essentially do the same thing? :?
I've not heard of that "on Dublin Street" story being a fanfic; it sounds like something Iris Johansen would write, actually. all of those romance novels have a certain template to them too, just like fanfic does ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats