Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Amy - I have just started reading Dark Places, the other book by Gillian Flynn and sounds like it is going to be a little dark too. So far, so good. Not nearly as unnerving as Sharp Objects, at least from what I can tell at this point!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 pm

reading is sexy...
Image

You're right.....Lola did cheat or at least lead her boyfriend on or something like that.....It's been a year since I read those books. They're all skanks! Except for Katniss. She is skank free...yet still lead the guys on...hmmmmm.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Gianna wrote:Amy - I have just started reading Dark Places, the other book by Gillian Flynn and sounds like it is going to be a little dark too. So far, so good. Not nearly as unnerving as Sharp Objects, at least from what I can tell at this point!


Keep me posted....I can handle dark.... but not Dark DARK. I don't like to feel like i need to take a shower after I read a book.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image


I have no idea why this is so mesmerizingly hot. But it is.

a well-aged man, dressed from head to toe in black, in a suit, with a sophisticated jacket over top blowing in the breeze, as he saunters down a dirty NYC street? nope, I have no idea why it's so mesmerizingly hot either...
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:01 pm

amynkansas wrote:reading is sexy...
Image



Hell yes it is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image


I have no idea why this is so mesmerizingly hot. But it is.

a well-aged man, dressed from head to toe in black, in a suit, with a sophisticated jacket over top blowing in the breeze, as he saunters down a dirty NYC street? nope, I have no idea why it's so mesmerizingly hot either...


I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16202
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

amynkansas wrote:reading is sexy...
Image

You're right.....Lola did cheat or at least lead her boyfriend on or something like that.....It's been a year since I read those books. They're all skanks! Except for Katniss. She is skank free...yet still lead the guys on...hmmmmm.

Lola had that rocker boyfriend who
didn't like her to draw attention to herself (tho she was naturally eccentric) & pressured her into sex, tho maybe inadvertently. and she shunned her geektastic former next door neighbor/best friend b/c his jealous sister said he didn't invite her to his party ;)
Lola was the spoiled skank, IMO, not Anna :? Katniss was just a tease :P

and yes, boys who like books are very sexy 8-)
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:48 pm

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image



The original....
Image

Image


FTW!! :lol:
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :? now I won't lie and say I don't like hard abs or biceps ;) but it's the eyes and hands that I love best :D clothing wise tho, I like jackets (even rob's mtv letter-jacket ;) ) & shoes 8-)

Image
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

kelbel75 wrote:speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|


painful to read:
cosmopolis
choke
on dublin street
shelter

I did finish all of those books (except choke). i mean... once i start a book i commit to it.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :? now I won't lie and say I don't like hard abs or biceps ;) but it's the eyes and hands that I love best :D clothing wise tho, I like jackets (even rob's mtv letter-jacket ;) ) & shoes 8-)

Image


Image

How about this jacket....?

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :? now I won't lie and say I don't like hard abs or biceps ;) but it's the eyes and hands that I love best :D clothing wise tho, I like jackets (even rob's mtv letter-jacket ;) ) & shoes 8-)

Image


Image

How about this jacket....?

Image


GAK! NO! NO no no no!

Overcoats. Overcoats, Darling.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16202
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 am

Is this an overcoat?

Image


How about these ones?
Image

This might be stretching the definition.
Image

Personally I've always been partial to this coat
Image


And men in vests
Image

kelbel75 wrote:ick, I hate guyliner now I won't lie and say I don't like hard abs or biceps but it's the eyes and hands that I love best


Por vous:
Image
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

How about this jacket....?

Image

:lol: I guess I should have clarified my "jackets" comment by stressing that they actually have to fit ;) altho I do like the mtv jacket (just b/c it reminds me of my brother's letter-jacket that I used to wear in HS, & how comfortable that was :) ) my tastes run more towards classic styles...like the pea-coats; I melt for those things! :shock: which is really annoying when the less-than-desirables wear them :roll:
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :?


:o I'm not sure we can be friends. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 am

JodieO wrote:Image


Lucas North, oh how I love thee

Jodie, I finally finished the first season of "Spooks" last night, so I can discuss the crazy irish bomber now ;) (and what was up with that insane cliff-hanger of a finale?! :o I would've went crazy if I was watching that in real time and had to wait for the next season :shock: )
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|


painful to read:
cosmopolis
choke
on dublin street
shelter

I did finish all of those books (except choke). i mean... once i start a book i commit to it.

I won't say I enjoyed reading "cosmopolis" :P but I am glad that I did b/c there were a few parts that I really enjoyed, I just had to stick with it to find them :roll:

books I didn't really like:
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Violin by Anne Rice
and the Ass Saw the Angel by Nick Cave
Lake Wobegon Days
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 am

lori_seals wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :?


:o I'm not sure we can be friends. ;)

I know, I know, I'm in the minority here :roll: if it's for an acting role, for film or music, I'll put up with it :| but if it's in everyday life? no thanks :? (I'm looking at you, Ewan McGregor :x :P )
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Is this an overcoat?

Image


How about these ones?
Image

This might be stretching the definition.
Image

Personally I've always been partial to this coat
Image


And men in vests
Image

kelbel75 wrote:ick, I hate guyliner now I won't lie and say I don't like hard abs or biceps but it's the eyes and hands that I love best


Por vous:
Image


BAHAHAHA!! I gotta tell you, the goth in me kind of loves that. Or I would if it didn't look like someone badly photoshopped his head onto a fucked up Ken doll... :? :lol:

But I, too, enjoy a good waistcoat.

Image
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16202
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image


Lucas North, oh how I love thee

Jodie, I finally finished the first season of "Spooks" last night, so I can discuss the crazy irish bomber now ;) (and what was up with that insane cliff-hanger of a finale?! :o I would've went crazy if I was watching that in real time and had to wait for the next season :shock: )


IKR?! I still have no clue what was going on with the crazy Irish bomber because all that spy stuff is so boring to me that my brain just shuts down and starts humming loudly when it's going on. But I was totally on the edge of my seat for that whole cliffhanger scene.
I was all "IS THERE NO BACK DOOR?! WHY IS THERE NO REMOTE ENTRY CODE?! WHY DON'T ANY OF THE WINDOWS OPEN!? WHO'S STUPID IDEA WAS THIS?!"


But that first show that RA is in? HELLO! I feel weird saying this, but being a hostage looked good on him. They pulled the bag off his head and I was all "HOLY HELL! He looks HOT!"
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16202
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 am

JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.


I'm going to vote with Jodie here. I LOVE a guy in an overcoat. LOVE. I bought Mr. A a beautiful cashmere one for Christmas about 5 years ago. (Okay, so really it was a present for me, cause him in his suit with an overcoat would have been a visual treat for me everyday on the way to work.) And he hated it. Apparently, he doesn't like long coats. Took it back to the store and traded it for a lovely leather jacket. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I love the leather jacket look too, but he already had a similar one. Pout. And as for the guyliner/no guyliner debate, I like it, but if Mr. A decided to wear it in everyday life, I would have to just say no. Johnny Depp? Hell yes. The guys decorating the Flat walls? Hell yes. Mr. A in his pirate costume for Halloween? Hell yes. Otherwise, day to day? Probably not.

AND FINALLY, I hate hate hate that brown bubble jacket monstrosity of Ron's. HATE. Did I mention that I HATE it. Always have, always will.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image


Lucas North, oh how I love thee

Jodie, I finally finished the first season of "Spooks" last night, so I can discuss the crazy irish bomber now ;) (and what was up with that insane cliff-hanger of a finale?! :o I would've went crazy if I was watching that in real time and had to wait for the next season :shock: )


IKR?! I still have no clue what was going on with the crazy Irish bomber because all that spy stuff is so boring to me that my brain just shuts down and starts humming loudly when it's going on. But I was totally on the edge of my seat for that whole cliffhanger scene.
I was all "IS THERE NO BACK DOOR?! WHY IS THERE NO REMOTE ENTRY CODE?! WHY DON'T ANY OF THE WINDOWS OPEN!? WHO'S STUPID IDEA WAS THIS?!"


But that first show that RA is in? HELLO! I feel weird saying this, but being a hostage looked good on him. They pulled the bag off his head and I was all "HOLY HELL! He looks HOT!"

season one is so diff't from season seven :roll:
Matthew/Tom is supposed to be this brilliant spy, yet he does the dumbest things sometimes; setting up that impenetrable house being the worst :shock: but as for the irish bomber, he was trying to deflect to MI-5 from his IRA buddies but seeming to screw them over so his buddies wouldn't suspect (tho they did & he got killed) it wasn't one of their best plot points :? and don't get me started on Tom's girlfriend & her child :roll:
but season seven with Lucas is fabulous!! the story-lines are really gripping and he gets A LOT of face time 8-)
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

kelbel75 wrote:speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|


The Catcher in the Rye. I have NO idea why everyone says they love it.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits
 
Posts: 5077
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 am

kelbel75 wrote:speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|


The Vampire Diaries books. Usually once I start a book or a series, I make myself finish it. . . but blech. I got through a few of the by sheer force of will, but man they were in my opinion - crappy. I gave up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest