Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Image Image

ohhh, I forgot about him!! 8-) (I quit watching OUAT b/c the story sucks ass :roll: ) let's NOT put him in speedos tho, please? ;) :P I don't mind the guyliner for performance roles, especially the baddies :D just not in real life :?

I used to love Captain Hook, but he looks so much like the BBC Robin Hood (who is such a punk ass little shit that I spend every episode hoping he dies in a fire set by Guy of Gisborne) that he's completely ruined for me now. Even with all that lovely guyliner. #sulk

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am

Kay Kay wrote:Drive by:

- RA is not only a handsome man he has the VOICE of sexy man angels!

- Jodie and Lori, I was not laughing at your perceived low standards. Just laughing at the conversation because it was awesome. I told Mr. KK he got sexy points for covering his mouth when he sneezed. Let's not compare low standards. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- I love vests. I love guyliner. I love overcoats. I love pea coats. I Love suits. I love stubble, I love white tshirts. I love speedos ( YES I LOVE THEM!) I love boots. I love men with rings. I love piercings. I love tattoos. I love well fitted jeans.
ummm...what was I talking about?

TRUTH.

You and I have very similar lists. Except for the speedos. Speedos make baby jesus cry. As someone who grew up in the 80s I'm wary of man rings, but I'd be willing to check them out on a case by case basis.

I know you weren't making fun of us. I was teasing. As a married woman you've hit a level of familiarity with Mr. KK that you have to find sexy where you can, I guess... ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 am

JodieO wrote: As someone who grew up in the 80s I'm wary of man rings, but I'd be willing to check them out on a case by case basis.

Agreed!!! Jeremy has a very cool worry ring...something like this... Image

I'm a-ok with this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote: As someone who grew up in the 80s I'm wary of man rings, but I'd be willing to check them out on a case by case basis.

I'm a-ok with this.

I find this acceptable.

This, however, would be unacceptable:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

I'm a-ok with this.

I find this acceptable.

This, however, would be unacceptable:

*shudder* very unacceptable
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:28 am

This is also unacceptable

lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

lori_seals wrote:This is also unacceptable

Especially as a pinky ring.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:This is also unacceptable

Especially as a pinky ring.

oh god. that mental picture just gave me the creeps.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 am

Is Twitter fucked up for anyone else?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 am

JodieO wrote:Is Twitter fucked up for anyone else?

Yes
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Yes

Me too! I wanted to reply to Gias tweet about the Maldives as I've been to Baros once and Kuramathi twice. I didn't want to clog up the flat with my inane chat, so sorry guys.

Gia, the Maldives is BEAUTIFUL! I havent been since we had the kids as it's UBER expensive. Go all inclusive if you can. It is so worth it as its bloody paradise. :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Yes

Me too! I wanted to reply to Gias tweet about the Maldives as I've been to Baros once and Kuramathi twice. I didn't want to clog up the flat with my inane chat, so sorry guys.

Gia, the Maldives is BEAUTIFUL! I havent been since we had the kids as it's UBER expensive. Go all inclusive if you can. It is so worth it as its bloody paradise. :D :D :D

Pfft. As if you are ever inane.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Yes

Pfft. As if you are ever inane.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jodes, I'm AWAYS inane. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 pm

guitargirl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jodes, I'm AWAYS inane. :D

Well that's just crazy talk.

You ARE, however, always welcome to 'clog up' the flat with any conversation you like.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Yes

I thought you had been there!!!! I am riding that horse hard but not sure I can get Mr G on board as the flights are about $2700 USD per person for us. :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
- I know there have been awful books that I couldn't finish. Amy reminded me of one tonight: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I have it as an audiobook and the speaker sounds like Prince Valium.
I *almost* gave up on A Casual Vacancy because it was soooo loong and soooo little happened. But there were enough funny parts that I'm glad I finished. But still, yeesh.
The Vampire Diaries. I read the first two after watching Season 1 and holy hell it was awful. I recommend to anyone who asks to NOT read these books.

Good Morning!

I agree with this 110%! The books are nothing like the tv series. They are truly awful.

I've really been into zombie books lately. :? :lol: I don't know what's wrong with me but I just find them fascinating. I went from YA dystopian books to zombies. I guess that's a natural progression, right? Right now I'm reading World War Z while I wait for the next book in the D.J. Molles series on zombies.

You should trade books with my ex-BIL. He's big into the zombie thing now, too and keeps telling me about WWZ. I've seen the trailer for that movie a few times. Looks kinda sceery.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 pm

JodieO wrote:

You ARE, however, always welcome to 'clog up' the flat with any conversation you like.

:D :D :D :D You're a darling. :D

In that case I've just had some good news. We go to the Gower (Wales) for my birthday every year, but were struggling to get a pet friendly place for a reasonable price. My DH phoned a place we used to visit (pre- Chester) that doesn't accept pets due to a number of dog owners abusing the place before it was refurbished. He asked if we could possibly bring one very well behaved, and much loved cat. After speaking to her husband, she has phoned us back today to say yes!!! I have to admit, I'm pretty giddy as I thought I'd have to give up my birthday break this year. :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Gianna wrote:
guitargirl wrote:]

Yes

I thought you had been there!!!! I am riding that horse hard but not sure I can get Mr G on board as the flights are about $2700 USD per person for us. :|[/quote]

It is REALLY expensive when you're there too. 15 years ago we were charged $5 for a small slice of melon as everything has to be imported. All inclusive is a bit more expensive, but your food and drinks are all in. Definitely worth it! You won't regret it. I'd love to go back, but it would cost an arm, a leg and three pints of blood for a family of four to go. :( :(
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

In that case I've just had some good news. We go to the Gower (Wales) for my birthday every year, but were struggling to get a pet friendly place for a reasonable price. My DH phoned a place we used to visit (pre- Chester) that doesn't accept pets due to a number of dog owners abusing the place before it was refurbished. He asked if we could possibly bring one very well behaved, and much loved cat. After speaking to her husband, she has phoned us back today to say yes!!! I have to admit, I'm pretty giddy as I thought I'd have to give up my birthday break this year. :D :D :D

Yay! for your birthday travel plans! I thought about you over the weekend when I stumbled upon a pack of actual photos from a work trip I took to Cyprus. Actual photos developed from a film camera (remember those?) I remembered that you usually go to Cyprus on holiday, right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Alexandra wrote:]
JodieO wrote:

Yay! forr your birthday travel plans! I thought about you over the weekend when I stumbled upon a pack of actual photos from a work trip I took to Cyprus. Actual photos developed from a film camera (remember those?) I remembered that you usually go to Cyprus on holiday, right?[/quote]

We do!!! My DH's parent's have a holiday villa near Kyrenia, so its a really cheap holiday for us all. £1,000 for all 4 flights if we book early. I'm amazed you remembered. :D :D :D
Just to put this in context, over here you can pay upwards of £800 for one week in a caravan in this country. :o
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Yay! forr your birthday travel plans! I thought about you over the weekend when I stumbled upon a pack of actual photos from a work trip I took to Cyprus. Actual photos developed from a film camera (remember those?) I remembered that you usually go to Cyprus on holiday, right?

We do!!! My DH's parent's have a holiday villa near Kyrenia, so its a really cheap holiday for us all. £1,000 for all 4 flights if we book early. I'm amazed you remembered. :D :D :D
Just to put this in context, over here you can pay upwards of £800 for one week in a caravan in this country. :o

I remembered because I don't know many (or any) people here who've been to Cyprus. The airfare was pricey and it took forever to get there. DC to NYC to Athens to Nicosia. . . .
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Hooray for pet friendly hotels! Does Chester still enjoy car rides? Mine howl like infants when I put them in the car. :?

Make sure you take the list I set up for Gia to Wales with you. You know how I like a good Welsh accent. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 pm

JodieO wrote:I used to love Captain Hook, but he looks so much like the BBC Robin Hood (who is such a punk ass little shit that I spend every episode hoping he dies in a fire set by Guy of Gisborne) that he's completely ruined for me now. Even with all that lovely guyliner. #sulk

Ewww!! That's not a Robin Hood, THIS one is!!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
JodieO wrote:I used to love Captain Hook, but he looks so much like the BBC Robin Hood (who is such a punk ass little shit that I spend every episode hoping he dies in a fire set by Guy of Gisborne) that he's completely ruined for me now. Even with all that lovely guyliner. #sulk

Ewww!! That's not a Robin Hood, THIS one is!!

I have never seen this Robin Hood before...

I'm sorry to say that he looks more like some kind of teen heart throb singer from the 70s... :?

Now THIS is a proper Robin Hood...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Alexandra wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Yay! forr your birthday travel plans! I thought about you over the weekend when I stumbled upon a pack of actual photos from a work trip I took to Cyprus. Actual photos developed from a film camera (remember those?) I remembered that you usually go to Cyprus on holiday, right?

I remembered because I don't know many (or any) people here who've been to Cyprus. The airfare was pricey and it took forever to get there. DC to NYC to Athens to Nicosia. . . .

Ick! It used to take a long time from here too, as you can't fly direct to the North as it's an 'occupied' country. We used to have to fly to Turkey and get a connection to Northern Cyprus. Now we just fly to the South and cross the border, as things have relaxed over the last few years. Its much easier now.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats