Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm

JodieO wrote:
JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jodes, I'm AWAYS inane. :D

Well that's just crazy talk.

You ARE, however, always welcome to 'clog up' the flat with any conversation you like.

:D :D :D :D You're a darling. :D

In that case I've just had some good news. We go to the Gower (Wales) for my birthday every year, but were struggling to get a pet friendly place for a reasonable price. My DH phoned a place we used to visit (pre- Chester) that doesn't accept pets due to a number of dog owners abusing the place before it was refurbished. He asked if we could possibly bring one very well behaved, and much loved cat. After speaking to her husband, she has phoned us back today to say yes!!! I have to admit, I'm pretty giddy as I thought I'd have to give up my birthday break this year. :D :D :D

Hooray for pet friendly hotels! Does Chester still enjoy car rides? Mine howl like infants when I put them in the car. :?

Make sure you take the list I set up for Gia to Wales with you. You know how I like a good Welsh accent. ;)[/quote]

I'm always on the lookout for you Jodes, and yes Chester is still fine in the car as he sleeps round the DH's neck. (10 and a half hour car ride from the Isle of Skye, and just 4 and a half hours to the Gower.) Poor DH ends up with a stiff neck, but Chester is happy as a pig in muck! :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm

JodieO wrote:
Now THIS is a proper Robin Hood...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 pm

JodieO wrote:I have never seen this Robin Hood before...

I'm sorry to say that he looks more like some kind of teen heart throb singer from the 70s... :?

I was probably showing my age Image... he's from the BBC Robin of Sherwood series back in the mid 80's which I still have the VHS tapes for
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Uhh.. is Prince William enormous? Why did I never know this?

Uhh... okey dokey... I can only hope that RA would have more fun signing my chest than this one...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm

That guy with RA is just plain scary... ewww! Image

Although I have to confess that the hobbit door behind RA has me fan -girling a lot!Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Although I have to confess that the hobbit door behind RA has me fan -girling a lot!Image

oh, you'll love this then! 8-)
http://madshobbithole.wordpress.com/201 ... the-rings/
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:35 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Although I have to confess that the hobbit door behind RA has me fan -girling a lot!Image

oh, you'll love this then! 8-)
http://madshobbithole.wordpress.com/201 ... the-rings/

That's adorable!!! (thought is kinda scary that she had that much time and stamina to build it :? )
And it reminds me of this... (not that I'd ever actually LIVE in a place like this!!
http://www.beingsomewhere.net/
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Drive by:

- RA is not only a handsome man he has the VOICE of sexy man angels!

- Jodie and Lori, I was not laughing at your perceived low standards. Just laughing at the conversation because it was awesome. I told Mr. KK he got sexy points for covering his mouth when he sneezed. Let's not compare low standards. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- I love vests. I love guyliner. I love overcoats. I love pea coats. I Love suits. I love stubble, I love white tshirts. I love speedos ( YES I LOVE THEM!) I love boots. I love men with rings. I love piercings. I love tattoos. I love well fitted jeans.
ummm...what was I talking about?

TRUTH.

You and I have very similar lists. Except for the speedos. Speedos make baby jesus cry. As someone who grew up in the 80s I'm wary of man rings, but I'd be willing to check them out on a case by case basis.

I know you weren't making fun of us. I was teasing. As a married woman you've hit a level of familiarity with Mr. KK that you have to find sexy where you can, I guess... ;)

Ha! I will qualify a few of my items. I love ATHLETES in speedos (not, ya know body builder type athletes but swimmers, divers, maybe a soccer/football guy if he was feeling adventurous) Good Speedos:

I wont post a bad speedo. We've all seen bad speedos.

Man rings: It was originally WEDDING rings on men but I thought that made me sound like a certain actress who is well known around here. Nasty gold pinky rings on nasty hair men is nasty. Same with men who wear sexy necklaces and men who wear gold chains in their sweaty greasy chest hair. Blergh!
Good rings:
Image (also a good example of man necklace...and of a man in general)
Last edited by Kay Kay on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Oh hey Edward.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Oh hey Edward.

I needed this today. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Image

He doesn't like the thought of a pinky ring, either.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 am

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Image

He doesn't like the thought of a pinky ring, either.

there are exceptions to the pinky ring rule.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I watch it like twice a week anyway. I'm totally up for it so long as it doesn't interfere with Vampire Diaries.

Confession: I've never seen the civil war thinger. :?

I thought this was required TV viewing in the mid-80s? (I know that some of you were too young to turn the TV on anything but Sesame Street at that point. No need to rub it in to your elders.)

I was so obsessed with this mini series!! I was resolved to name my first born Orry!!
(until Lonesome Dove came around a few years later, and then I was all "jooo-ly johnson is the coolest name evah!") ;)
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 am

So, when Richard finally realizes he wants a short chubby American wife and marries me I hope he doesn't mind if I flirt with Aidan Turner, because he is just too darn adorable for words. He plays the broody roles, but always seems all giggly and smiley in interviews.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 am

JodieO wrote:So, when Richard finally realizes he wants a short chubby American wife and marries me I hope he doesn't mind if I flirt with Aidan Turner, because he is just too darn adorable for words. He plays the broody roles, but always seems all giggly and smiley in interviews.[/img]

Jodie, I beg to disagree - Aidan's clearly not broody here:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am

Muffinmom wrote:
JodieO wrote:So, when Richard finally realizes he wants a short chubby American wife and marries me I hope he doesn't mind if I flirt with Aidan Turner, because he is just too darn adorable for words. He plays the broody roles, but always seems all giggly and smiley in interviews.[/img]

TRUE. The only other thing I've seen him in was Being Human, so I guess I can't judge his whole work, but Mitchell was most definitely broody.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am

I am irr.i.tated.

I asked someone from our corp office to be on a conf call with me this morning to act as the subject matter expert for an IT issue. I told them multiple times this week what was to be discussed, and suggested if they were not going to be able to speak to these specific issues, they should bring someone else on the call with them. We jump on the phone this morning and what do you think happens? The person is alone on the call and, you guessed it, unable to speak to any of the questions. Not one!

Do I do these things for my health? Why do I bother to prep people when they clearly don't appreciate it or take it seriously. PEOPLE SUCK. :|
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am

JodieO wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:

TRUE. The only other thing I've seen him in was Being Human, so I guess I can't judge his whole work, but Mitchell was most definitely broody.

I love him as Mitchell. Did you try the US one yet Jodie? Here's your Being Human trivia for the day: The US vampire guy is named Aiden in honor of the awesomeness of Aiden Turner as Mitchell.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 am

Gianna wrote:I am irr.i.tated.

I asked someone from our corp office to be on a conf call with me this morning to act as the subject matter expert for an IT issue. I told them multiple times this week what was to be discussed, and suggested if they were not going to be able to speak to these specific issues, they should bring someone else on the call with them. We jump on the phone this morning and what do you think happens? The person is alone on the call and, you guessed it, unable to speak to any of the questions. Not one!

Do I do these things for my health? Why do I bother to prep people when they clearly don't appreciate it or take it seriously. PEOPLE SUCK. :|

That would drive me nuts. People do suck.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am

What the crap!? I hate when people are chock full of dumbassery!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:TRUE. The only other thing I've seen him in was Being Human, so I guess I can't judge his whole work, but Mitchell was most definitely broody.

I love him as Mitchell. Did you try the US one yet Jodie? Here's your Being Human trivia for the day: The US vampire guy is named Aiden in honor of the awesomeness of Aiden Turner as Mitchell.

I haven't! Should I? Was it worth it?

Aidan is quite lovely and he does deserve a place of honor. As do his impressive eyebrows.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Alexandra wrote:

That would drive me nuts. People do suck.

For real. Good thing today is a martini day...if I make it until then it will be a miracle!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm

JodieO wrote:

What the crap!? I hate when people are chock full of dumbassery!

chock full of dumbassery...I love it!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats