Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm

You guys know what happens when no one entertains me, right?

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:TRUE. The only other thing I've seen him in was Being Human, so I guess I can't judge his whole work, but Mitchell was most definitely broody.

I love him as Mitchell. Did you try the US one yet Jodie? Here's your Being Human trivia for the day: The US vampire guy is named Aiden in honor of the awesomeness of Aiden Turner as Mitchell.

I haven't! Should I? Was it worth it?

Aidan is quite lovely and he does deserve a place of honor. As do his impressive eyebrows.

Yes you should give it a try. We watch it. I still like the UK version better, and although the shows start with the same basic premise, the storylines go in completely different directions. My main problem with the US version is that Mitchell isn't there.

Did you catch up on all the previous seasons of the UK show?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Alexandra wrote:Image

Yes you should give it a try. We watch it. I still like the UK version better, and although the shows start with the same basic premise, the storylines go in completely different directions. My main problem with the US version is that Mitchell isn't there.

I've watched everything that was available for netflix streaming.

Mitchell, George, & Nina are all dead and Annie passed over after killing the baby that George died to save. :? I'm not that keen on the new trio, so I'm not sure if it's worth watching the next season... :?

No Mitchell is defs a handicap for any show, but I'll give it a whirl if you think I should.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Image Image
I've spent far too much time staring at these :oops: are we still on board for our "North & South" viewing next week, Jodie & Alex?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:56 pm

JodieO wrote:

Mitchell, George, & Nina are all dead and Annie passed over after killing the baby that George died to save. :? I'm not that keen on the new trio, so I'm not sure if it's worth watching the next season... :?

No Mitchell is defs a handicap for any show, but I'll give it a whirl if you think I should.

I wondered if you got to the part where Mitchell died. I was being extra careful not to refer to him in the past tense so as not to spoil you. :D I am planning to watch the new season, but I share your views on the new trio. Meh. We'll see.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Image

The pretty looks deliciously pretty here. Mesmerizing! :shock:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:00 pm

JodieO wrote:

I quite liked Viggo as Aragorn in LOTR, but not in anything else. Seeing his meat and two veg bobbling around in that naked Turkish bath fight kind of squicked me out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 pm

JodieO wrote:So, when Richard finally realizes he wants a short chubby American wife and marries me I hope he doesn't mind if I flirt with Aidan Turner, because he is just too darn adorable for words. He plays the broody roles, but always seems all giggly and smiley in interviews.

Why do I not know who this is? He looks like my kind of chap. ;)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I quite liked Viggo as Aragorn in LOTR, but not in anything else. Seeing his meat and two veg bobbling around in that naked Turkish bath fight kind of squicked me out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty and scruffy definitely works well on him. I've liked him in a few things, but only Aragorn could make my top come off.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image Image
I've spent far too much time staring at these :oops: are we still on board for our "North & South" viewing next week, Jodie & Alex?

Yes. Mr. A leaves tomorrow and gets back on Thursday night. It will be just me and the kids.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I wondered if you got to the part where Mitchell died. I was being extra careful not to refer to him in the past tense so as not to spoil you. :D I am planning to watch the new season, but I share your views on the new trio. Meh. We'll see.

I may or may not have ugly cried when Mitchell died. And then again when George died. Not so much when Annie died because she was a dumb whore.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Gianna wrote:I am irr.i.tated.

I asked someone from our corp office to be on a conf call with me this morning to act as the subject matter expert for an IT issue. I told them multiple times this week what was to be discussed, and suggested if they were not going to be able to speak to these specific issues, they should bring someone else on the call with them. We jump on the phone this morning and what do you think happens? The person is alone on the call and, you guessed it, unable to speak to any of the questions. Not one!

Do I do these things for my health? Why do I bother to prep people when they clearly don't appreciate it or take it seriously. PEOPLE SUCK. :|

:evil: They are lazy bastards, and arseholes.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:So, when Richard finally realizes he wants a short chubby American wife and marries me I hope he doesn't mind if I flirt with Aidan Turner, because he is just too darn adorable for words. He plays the broody roles, but always seems all giggly and smiley in interviews.

He was Kili in The Hobbit and he was the vampire on Being Human. I think you would enjoy him quite a bit.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Alexandra wrote:

Yes. Mr. A leaves tomorrow and gets back on Thursday night. It will be just me and the kids.

Oh my swoonerificness.

There are four episodes and each episode is just under an hour. Do we want to play it by ear or schedule Two episodes per night or one episode per night or what?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Dirty and scruffy definitely works well on him. I've liked him in a few things, but only Aragorn could make my top come off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair I haven't seen him in many things. I feel like Ive seen more of him that I would ever wish to! I agree the dirty, scruffy thing makes him look far more attractive. :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

He was Kili in The Hobbit and he was the vampire on Being Human. I think you would enjoy him quite a bit.

I've never seen BH, and I would never have recognised him in the Hobbit. I was probably still seething over the loss of my chocolate peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think I'd enjoy him. :twisted:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

guitargirl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair I haven't seen him in many things. I feel like Ive seen more of him that I would ever wish to! I agree the dirty, scruffy thing makes him look far more attractive. :D :D

I did like him in that movie where he was the hippie who sold tshirts. I think me and 4 other people on the planet have seen it, though. I don't even remember what it was called.. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Oh my swoonerificness.

There are four episodes and each episode is just under an hour. Do we want to play it by ear or schedule Two episodes per night or one episode per night or what?

oh, I forgot it was a mini-series, I was thinking it was a movie :roll: two a night, for two nights sounds good to me; I'm open to any combination tho :) what time are we starting? my kids go to bed between 8:30 & 9:00, but they're old enough that I can do it quick; Alex probably has a routine tho(?) I've not done a movie night before, you guys usually just open a chat window in the Facebook Flat, right?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

guitargirl wrote:I've never seen BH, and I would never have recognised him in the Hobbit. I was probably still seething over the loss of my chocolate peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think I'd enjoy him. :twisted:

Damn, GG! If I send you more chocolate peanuts would you watch Being Human? It's totally worth it.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Oh my swoonerificness.

My kids go to bed 9ish. Could we shoot for starting no earlier than 9:30 ish East Coast time ? Mon, Tues and Wed work for me. (And Sat and Sun evenings work for me too, but I think Kel might not be available then.)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I've never seen BH, and I would never have recognised him in the Hobbit. I was probably still seething over the loss of my chocolate peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think I'd enjoy him. :twisted:

Damn, GG! If I send you more chocolate peanuts would you watch Being Human? It's totally worth it.

I might have just swooned over that second photo. Is is getting warm in here?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 pm

oh, I forgot it was a mini-series, I was thinking it was a movie :roll: two a night, for two nights sounds good to me; I'm open to any combination tho :) what time are we starting? my kids go to bed between 8:30 & 9:00, but they're old enough that I can do it quick; Alex probably has a routine tho(?) I've not done a movie night before, you guys usually just open a chat window in the Facebook Flat, right?

Yes. Or we could con Alex into joining the Daily Dick and have our very first Dick chat. ;)

Kel, I forget.. you are in a different time zone, correct?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm

JodieO wrote:

We dont have the technology just to watch anything at anytime. I'd have to get it on DVD (If its out :? ) :lol: :lol: :lol: However, I'm VERY tempted to find out, cause he's a hottie. :D :D

As for the chocolate peanuts. Have I told you how much I love them yet?
Last edited by guitargirl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair I haven't seen him in many things. I feel like Ive seen more of him that I would ever wish to! I agree the dirty, scruffy thing makes him look far more attractive. :D :D

I liked him fine in LOTR, but I think he needed to play that character a bit more gruff, & he should've bulked up some too :| I quite liked him in that movie where he was a former hitman, & his family didn't know? I forget what it was called. and I liked seeing his lighter side in that Sandra Bullock movie about rehab too :) but yes, the bath fight scene was disturbing :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I might have just swooned over that second photo. Is is getting warm in here?

I'm kind of all 'HELLO!' myself. :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats