Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 am

JodieO wrote:Happy monday, Ladies!

We're supposed to get a fuckton of rain on top of our fuckton of snow, so, you know, that should be fun...

That sounds like a whole load of terrible. I would complain about not being able to sleep last night due to how loud the wind was, but I think I will refrain. :?

I watched a bit of the Grammys, but had to switch over to Walking Dead. Any performances that you loved?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 am

Gianna wrote:

We're supposed to get a fuckton of rain on top of our fuckton of snow, so, you know, that should be fun...

That sounds like a whole load of terrible. I would complain about not being able to sleep last night due to how loud the wind was, but I think I will refrain. :?

I watched a bit of the Grammys, but had to switch over to Walking Dead. Any performances that you loved?

I forgot that the Grammys and BAFTAS were on last night until I was catching up with my Twitter TL and realized that I'd missed everything. That's what happens when I know Ron is in Oz filming and there's no chance of him appearing. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:49 am

Gianna wrote:

I have no problem complaining, so: I couldn't sleep last night due to how loud the wind was, also ;) :P rain on top of snow sucks :? but I really wouldn't mind the snow *shrugs* (yes, even that much :) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 am

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I forgot that the Grammys and BAFTAS were on last night until I was catching up with my Twitter TL and realized that I'd missed everything. That's what happens when I know Ron is in Oz filming and there's no chance of him appearing. :roll:

I never watch the grammys because I usually only know the Elton Johns and the Paul McCartneys and am utterly lost about who the other 3240954 people are. I watched some of the BAFTAs, but for some reason I'm just not into the awards season this year. I don't know if it's because there's other stuff I'd rather be watching or because there's no film that I feel strongly about, or because there are unlikely to be any big surprises in the awards, but... meh. So far I've basically just watched them to see Hugh Jackman looking handsome. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 am

Alexandra wrote:

Yep...same here. I knew BAFTAS were last night, but didn't feel compelled to tune in...

On a Grammy related note, I love Adele but her dress last night was not good. Not good at all.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:54 am

JodieO wrote:I never watch the grammys because I usually only know the Elton Johns and the Paul McCartneys and am utterly lost about who the other 3240954 people are. I watched some of the BAFTAs, but for some reason I'm just not into the awards season this year. I don't know if it's because there's other stuff I'd rather be watching or because there's no film that I feel strongly about, or because there are unlikely to be any big surprises in the awards, but... meh. So far I've basically just watched them to see Hugh Jackman looking handsome. :?

And that is a perfectly normal reason to watch. I love me some Hugh Jackman.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 am

my DH is taking me out for an early valentine's lunch :D fish & chips... with vinegar 8-) (why do hardly any places offer you vinegar for your chips anymore, unless they serve british food? so annoying :roll: )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:57 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I have no problem complaining, so: I couldn't sleep last night due to how loud the wind was, also ;) :P rain on top of snow sucks :? but I really wouldn't mind the snow *shrugs* (yes, even that much :) )

You are welcome to the snow. Come take all of it. The roads are still inches deep because everyone is tossing all the snow from their yards into the roads. GREAT IDEA! :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll:

Nice new signature. ;)

It is sinful to be in debt...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 am

Mr. A is out of town again until Thursday. What RA show should I watch tonight? Do you want to watch something?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

kelbel75 wrote:my DH is taking me out for an early valentine's lunch :D fish & chips... with vinegar 8-) (why do hardly any places offer you vinegar for your chips anymore, unless they serve british food? so annoying :roll: )

I don't think I've had fries with vinegar since my aunt used to take my cousin and me to the horse race track. She'd give us a few bucks to buy fries and sodas and then leave us to our own devices while she'd go to the bar and drink and gamble. We were 8 & 9 years old.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Alexandra wrote:Mr. A is out of town again until Thursday. What RA show should I watch tonight? Do you want to watch something?

Weeeelllll, I could probably be convinced to crunk some Armitage...

Lemme look around and see what's available.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Mr. A is out of town again until Thursday. What RA show should I watch tonight? Do you want to watch something?

I don't want it to be said that I twisted your arm or anything. . . . . ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Argh! I forgot I had a business lunch today, so I packed leftovers. Only, after I packed the leftovers last night, I remembered the lunch, so I didn't bring the leftovers with me today. Then I got to work and found out lunch was canceled because the people can't get out of CT. ARGH. So now I have no lunch, and no fancy free lunch with which to console myself.

Also, OMG, I want my house back! This musical rooms thing with the cats is driving me batty.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Wait. Mr. A just called me. His flight is cancelled. He won't be able to go until tomorrow. He'll be underfoot around the house tonight. So maybe a rain check on the Armitage crunking until tomorrow?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Yep...same here. I knew BAFTAS were last night, but didn't feel compelled to tune in...

On a Grammy related note, I love Adele but her dress last night was not good. Not good at all.

I'm pretty sure it was originally a very ugly tablecloth. Or drapes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:23 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Right??? Hideously bad. Made her look frumpy, which she totally isn't.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:23 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Argh! I forgot I had a business lunch today, so I packed leftovers. Only, after I packed the leftovers last night, I remembered the lunch, so I didn't bring the leftovers with me today. Then I got to work and found out lunch was canceled because the people can't get out of CT. ARGH. So now I have no lunch, and no fancy free lunch with which to console myself.

Also, OMG, I want my house back! This musical rooms thing with the cats is driving me batty.

Ugh! I hate when lunch plans change like that.

And I hope that your newest kitty and Nikki decide to play nice. Soon.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Ow Alex! Stop being such a bully! I'll watch already, I'll watch! ;)

Ok, the only ones (aside from North & South & VoD) available on netflix are:

Captain America
Robin Hood - This is mine and Brittany's Sunday night entertainment, though. IT'S SO BAD.
MI-5

Not sure what's available on amazon.

All of Strike Back is available on youtube, if you want to watch on the computer whilst we chat. I watched all of this on Saturday and although it's not my kind of show at all HOLY HELL does he ever look good.

The Golden Hour is also available on youtube, but it's chopped up into 10 minute intervals and that's supremely annoying.

Tomorrow should work find for me as well. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Argh! I forgot I had a business lunch today, so I packed leftovers. Only, after I packed the leftovers last night, I remembered the lunch, so I didn't bring the leftovers with me today. Then I got to work and found out lunch was canceled because the people can't get out of CT. ARGH. So now I have no lunch, and no fancy free lunch with which to console myself.

I hate it when that happens! Especially after I have actually gone to the trouble of packing the lunch.

I brought my lunch today, but I don't want to eat it. Not sure which is worse!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:On a Grammy related note, I love Adele but her dress last night was not good. Not good at all.

Right??? Hideously bad. Made her look frumpy, which she totally isn't.

I just wish they would stop making her look middle aged. I genuinely thought she was in her 50s until I saw her on the Graham Norton Show... :? You can have a retro type style AND still look young.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Gianna wrote:

I hate it when that happens! Especially after I have actually gone to the trouble of packing the lunch.

I brought my lunch too. and totally didn't feel like eating it so I got pizza instead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Gianna wrote:

I put my lunch into the freezer for tomorrow. Office bestie just asked me to go out to eat with him and help select his Valentine's present for his BF. Yay! Lunch and shopping. I am easliy corrupted.
Last edited by Alexandra on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Alexandra wrote:
I put mine lunch into the freezer for tomorrow. Office bestie just asked me to go out to eat with him and help select his Valentine's present for his BF. Yay! Lunch and shopping. I am easliy corrupted.

MUCH better lunch offer! I have at least 100 vacation-related errands to run...so I think I will do that and then grab something on my way back. #bad
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
I put mine lunch into the freezer for tomorrow. Office bestie just asked me to go out to eat with him and help select his Valentine's present for his BF. Yay! Lunch and shopping. I am easliy corrupted.

MUCH better lunch offer! I have at least 100 vacation-related errands to run...so I think I will do that and then grab something on my way back. #bad

Oh! your vacation is coming up quickly! Remind me again, when do you leave for Ireland? :mrgreen:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Alexandra wrote:

Ugh! I hate when lunch plans change like that.

And I hope that your newest kitty and Nikki decide to play nice. Soon.

I'm trying not to screw it up. I think Dee will be the problem as she's more scared. Nikki just wants to hang with her. It would be SO much easier if I had a 2nd bedroom. I have a feeling by the weekend I'm just going to toss my hands up and let 'em out! :lol: :?
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats