kelbel75 wrote:JODIE, you must read this!!
& even if you're not yet on the Armitage train, I know we're all lovers of dorks around here what I've just found proves that Richard Armitage is a huge dork! and I thought I couldn't love him more, silly girl
I've been coming across mentions of how Richard has sent messages to the fan-sites and forums through the years at Christmas time, and to thank fans for Birthday presents, etc. and I've read how some long-time followers are lamenting the tone change in the messages as Richard gets older, more famous & therefor more busy I read a few of the most recent ones and they were what I expected, somewhat formal but very heartfelt and modest ....then I found all of them archived in one place, and oh lord, is it a jackpot of awesomeness! the earlier ones are the best, of course. most of them are quite cheesy and a good read, but my fav so far (I'm only halfway thru the gigantic lot of them) was included in a thank you list for various gifts he received; he added in parentheses little comments about each gift.
Mini Wooden Cello and Bow (having trouble getting it between my legs: as the actress said to the bishop;
that one took me by surprise, b/c it was so out of left field compared to the others it was with, and I love it for that fact alone
you can read them all here: http://www.richardarmitageonline.com/messages.html
ETA: just found another one that had me on the floor laughing he's talking about how an interviewer burned him, revealing too much that he thought was just casual conversation instead of the actual interview (could it be the "I have a hard time not cheating on my girlfriend" one I wonder? ) and apologizing for what was said. then he goes on to mention a song he said he liked in a previous letter...(fans must have bought up the song like wildfire or something; celebrities are so naive to the power they hold )
ps. re. the Keane song, just liked the song really. Good job I didn't mention "Smack my Bitch up" by Prodigy (No not one of my favourites!)
1. I love that he takes the time to send messages to his fans (I also hate that term) every year, even if it is through a spokes person. Seriously, how many celebrities do this?
2. I love that he actually responds to fan mail and requests and apologizes when he doesn't do it quickly enough.
3. "Unable to comment and refusing to speak publicly about said gifts, said bloke, said: "wow a pair of pants with a cartoon caricature of me on the rear...just what I have always wanted"" DEAR GOD, I seriously hope there is no Armitage Pants lady...
4. That whole letter from October 2008 is hilarious.
5. As are the July and August ones. 'Spokesperson' is a hoot.
6. The April 2008 letter makes me sad. BUT, it also makes me a little mad since some other actor and actress who had feuds brewing over them could also have made such statements rather than just being aloof. 10 points to Richard.
7. This item in a list of gifts he was thanking people for cracked me up:
Stationary Paper with My Name and Mrs A's name on it (scribble scribble)
8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
9. "pray that Richie (ironically the name of my horse) doesn't get bored, again, in the searing heat and bolt to the nearest water hole. With me on his back with only one foot in the stirrup, 10 stunt guys running behind screaming stop in Hungarian (I assumed they were speaking to Richie) and the cameras still rolling...one for Aunties Bloomers I suspect. I wondered why they felt the need to tell me to stop...I kind of knew that, and would if I could...perhaps they thought I was stealing the horse or just fancied the afternoon off. " IS IT WRONG THAT I DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THIS FOOTAGE?!
Thank you for that link Kelbel. I love him even more now and I feel like if, on the very off chance that he ever hears about The Daily Dick that he would be amused rather than offended.