Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm

JodieO wrote:All of Strike Back is available on youtube, if you want to watch on the computer whilst we chat. I watched all of this on Saturday and although it's not my kind of show at all HOLY HELL does he ever look good.

you know I love this series 8-) I understand why it may not be for everyone ;) but my DH & I finished watching it together last night & he quite liked it as well :D and he suggested that I transfer it to a disc so that my dad could watch it too :P
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

my dog has made herself quite comfortable....

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3515
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I forgot to mention this, but I thought of it again yesterday: when we went out for my b-day w/friends last weekend, we stopped at a pub for some drinks. I don't drink, of course, so I ordered a Ginger-Ale. the waitress said they make their own Ginger-Ale w/Sprite & Coke. I was like "just Sprite and Coke?" and she answered "yes." well then, it's a Sprite and Coke, or maybe a "Spoke or Crite" but it kind of needs "ginger" to be a Ginger-ale, don't ya think? :roll: (they didn't have a blender either, what kind of bar was this exactly? :? ) so when it came, my friends wanted to know what it tasted like; umm, it tasted exactly like SPRITE AND COKE :P
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:my DH is taking me out for an early valentine's lunch :D fish & chips... with vinegar 8-) (why do hardly any places offer you vinegar for your chips anymore, unless they serve british food? so annoying :roll: )


I don't think I've had fries with vinegar since my aunt used to take my cousin and me to the horse race track. She'd give us a few bucks to buy fries and sodas and then leave us to our own devices while she'd go to the bar and drink and gamble. We were 8 & 9 years old.

I would have LOVED to go to the racetrack as a kid! (I used to be obsessed w/horses, due to my love of "the black stallion" books ;) ) but my mom would never let me go :(

my grandmother always served vinegar w/her fresh-cut fries 8-) and they served them with vinegar when I always used to order them at the bowling-alley too; of course the town I grew up in was heavily populated w/brits, so maybe that's why? IDK. btw, the fish I had for lunch was excellent, tho I was almost swayed by the Irish stew :)


Yeah, well, it probably wasn't particularly good parenting to let us loose to run around the races, but we sure had fun with it.

I LUURRRVE Irish stew. It's one of the things I always try to get when I'm in NYC. Along with proper hummus, which I still haven't gotten. =( DE, we are totally having a hummus date next time I'm in the city!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:All of Strike Back is available on youtube, if you want to watch on the computer whilst we chat. I watched all of this on Saturday and although it's not my kind of show at all HOLY HELL does he ever look good.

you know I love this series 8-) I understand why it may not be for everyone ;) but my DH & I finished watching it together last night & he quite liked it as well :D and he suggested that I transfer it to a disc so that my dad could watch it too :P


I think my biggest complaint (other than the cringe-worthy non-stop violence) was that they kept introducing all these subplots and then just straight up never mentioning them again. Like all the stuff with the bratty daughter.


ETA: If you uhh.. transfer those to disc.. uhh.. I might know someone who might want a copy... ;)
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:46 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I don't think I've had fries with vinegar since my aunt used to take my cousin and me to the horse race track. She'd give us a few bucks to buy fries and sodas and then leave us to our own devices while she'd go to the bar and drink and gamble. We were 8 & 9 years old.

I would have LOVED to go to the racetrack as a kid! (I used to be obsessed w/horses, due to my love of "the black stallion" books ;) ) but my mom would never let me go :(

my grandmother always served vinegar w/her fresh-cut fries 8-) and they served them with vinegar when I always used to order them at the bowling-alley too; of course the town I grew up in was heavily populated w/brits, so maybe that's why? IDK. btw, the fish I had for lunch was excellent, tho I was almost swayed by the Irish stew :)


Yeah, well, it probably wasn't particularly good parenting to let us loose to run around the races, but we sure had fun with it.

my mother deemed hippie-esque camping trips where we were exposed to adults drunken/high exploits (one particular trip included hiding from the police & then bailing friends out of jail, while another memorable one had a family friend strap a blow-up doll to his motorcycle & drive it around town) okay, but being around those seedy gamblers was not :roll: :P
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Kel, I remember that you and the Mr. were tentatively planning a trip to the UK (maybe Scotland) sans kids sometime this summer. Is that still on?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9698
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:All of Strike Back is available on youtube, if you want to watch on the computer whilst we chat. I watched all of this on Saturday and although it's not my kind of show at all HOLY HELL does he ever look good.

you know I love this series 8-) I understand why it may not be for everyone ;) but my DH & I finished watching it together last night & he quite liked it as well :D and he suggested that I transfer it to a disc so that my dad could watch it too :P


I think my biggest complaint (other than the cringe-worthy non-stop violence) was that they kept introducing all these subplots and then just straight up never mentioning them again. Like all the stuff with the bratty daughter.


ETA: If you uhh.. transfer those to disc.. uhh.. I might know someone who might want a copy... ;)

yes, some of those plot points were just thrown in there :? I guess it was to make him more human? the connection he had w/his daughter, even tho she despised him; "normal" father/daughter behavior in my experience :oops: but then what was up w/his ex-wife (or were they just separated?) claiming "we're better off w/out him" when they thought he might be dead? :x and why did Collinson go inform the family in the first place? he's MI-6, former special-ops; isn't there a waiting period before you start to get worried? I mean, he was essentially undercover, you would think it would be a normal thing to lose contact periodically :roll:


and yes, if/when we do transfer them to disc, I will keep you in mind ;)
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Alexandra wrote:Kel, I remember that you and the Mr. were tentatively planning a trip to the UK (maybe Scotland) sans kids sometime this summer. Is that still on?

I think we're going to do the "Disney" thing one last time this Fall, b/c our kids will now get a full week for fall-break (the FL heat does NOT agree w/me :( so fall would be a better time to go) so I'm pushing for the following summer (2014) with or without kids; fuck, if I have to go by myself I will!! :x (that's a TOTAL lie, I would not go to a foreign country, across the ocean, by myself :lol: :roll: )
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
I think my biggest complaint (other than the cringe-worthy non-stop violence) was that they kept introducing all these subplots and then just straight up never mentioning them again. Like all the stuff with the bratty daughter.


ETA: If you uhh.. transfer those to disc.. uhh.. I might know someone who might want a copy... ;)

yes, some of those plot points were just thrown in there :? I guess it was to make him more human? the connection he had w/his daughter, even tho she despised him; "normal" father/daughter behavior in my experience :oops: but then what was up w/his ex-wife (or were they just separated?) claiming "we're better off w/out him" when they thought he might be dead? :x and why did Collinson go inform the family in the first place? he's MI-6, former special-ops; isn't there a waiting period before you start to get worried? I mean, he was essentially undercover, you would think it would be a normal thing to lose contact periodically :roll:


and yes, if/when we do transfer them to disc, I will keep you in mind ;)


I know, right? And the mom died, so who was taking care of the daughter? Especially since John didn't want her living with Whats-his-face... It was just terribly written in spots. Unless the youtube version has stuff cut out, but I don't know why they would do that... I did like that John Porter seemed to be a combination of Liam Neeson in Taken and Detective Briscoe from Law & Order.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Kel, I remember that you and the Mr. were tentatively planning a trip to the UK (maybe Scotland) sans kids sometime this summer. Is that still on?

I think we're going to do the "Disney" thing one last time this Fall, b/c our kids will now get a full week for fall-break (the FL heat does NOT agree w/me :( so fall would be a better time to go) so I'm pushing for the following summer (2014) with or without kids; fuck, if I have to go by myself I will!! :x (that's a TOTAL lie, I would not go to a foreign country, across the ocean, by myself :lol: :roll: )


I've traveled alone for work trips. It isn't too bad. You just have to be smart and aware of where you are for safety . . . but yes it is more fun with a friend along. And feel free to bounce stuff off of me if you want to when you are planning Scotland. . .
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9698
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm

JodieO wrote:Yeah, well, it probably wasn't particularly good parenting to let us loose to run around the races, but we sure had fun with it.

one of my fav places to play as a kid was in the abandoned tire lot of a good-year dealership. there were mountains of old tires that we would climb all over and stack up,etc. those tires were probably excellent breeding grounds for flesh-eating bacteria or something, w/all the left-over chemicals and whatnot :? we would be covered in black from head to toe before we were done, and I'm really surprised none of us broke our necks with how high some of those stacks were that we would climb :shock: but it was fun :D
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3515
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah, well, it probably wasn't particularly good parenting to let us loose to run around the races, but we sure had fun with it.

one of my fav places to play as a kid was in the abandoned tire lot of a good-year dealership. there were mountains of old tires that we would climb all over and stack up,etc. those tires were probably excellent breeding grounds for flesh-eating bacteria or something, w/all the left-over chemicals and whatnot :? we would be covered in black from head to toe before we were done, and I'm really surprised none of us broke our necks with how high some of those stacks were that we would climb :shock: but it was fun :D


:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's amazing we survived our childhoods.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Alexandra wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Kel, I remember that you and the Mr. were tentatively planning a trip to the UK (maybe Scotland) sans kids sometime this summer. Is that still on?

I think we're going to do the "Disney" thing one last time this Fall, b/c our kids will now get a full week for fall-break (the FL heat does NOT agree w/me :( so fall would be a better time to go) so I'm pushing for the following summer (2014) with or without kids; fuck, if I have to go by myself I will!! :x (that's a TOTAL lie, I would not go to a foreign country, across the ocean, by myself :lol: :roll: )


I've traveled alone for work trips. It isn't too bad. You just have to be smart and aware of where you are for safety . . . but yes it is more fun with a friend along. And feel free to bounce stuff off of me if you want to when you are planning Scotland. . .

remember what a spazz I was trying to figure out the tip for lunch? :oops: imagine me dealing with foreign money :shock: and directions? my sense of direction is absolute shit! when people say "go north on such & such a street" I don't know if they mean right or left :? not to mention the fact that I turn into a flustered idiot when in large cities (or any city, really :roll: ) I freak out when my DH tries to use the cross-walk before it says you can walk :P and a double cross-walk on a big road where you have to stop at the island in the middle? FORGET THAT SHIT!! :lol: put me on the Mall in DC where there are wide-open spaces, green grass, and clearly marked signs? no problem. and I'm cool with the Metro as well, b/c all of the lines are clearly marked in diff't colors 8-) the DH is talking about renting a car while in the UK; he's probably going to have to knock me out b/c I will be in a constant state of panic b/c we'll be on the wrong side of the road :roll: :lol:

I'm just going to stop talking now... :oops:
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm


is this the one about the dog bowl? b/c I was really disappointed w/that one :?
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah, well, it probably wasn't particularly good parenting to let us loose to run around the races, but we sure had fun with it.

one of my fav places to play as a kid was in the abandoned tire lot of a good-year dealership. there were mountains of old tires that we would climb all over and stack up,etc. those tires were probably excellent breeding grounds for flesh-eating bacteria or something, w/all the left-over chemicals and whatnot :? we would be covered in black from head to toe before we were done, and I'm really surprised none of us broke our necks with how high some of those stacks were that we would climb :shock: but it was fun :D


:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's amazing we survived our childhoods.

too true! I have hard-working guardian angels, that is a fact! :D and now I'm really protective of my own kids; I don't want to press my luck :?
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

you can stream bobby long's new album here:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2 ... um=twitter

I'm not real impressed with it :? but you may feel differently...
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm

JODIE, you must read this!!

& even if you're not yet on the Armitage train, I know we're all lovers of dorks around here ;) what I've just found proves that Richard Armitage is a huge dork! :P and I thought I couldn't love him more, silly girl :roll: :D

I've been coming across mentions of how Richard has sent messages to the fan-sites and forums through the years at Christmas time, and to thank fans for Birthday presents, etc. and I've read how some long-time followers are lamenting the tone change in the messages as Richard gets older, more famous & therefor more busy :| I read a few of the most recent ones and they were what I expected, somewhat formal but very heartfelt and modest 8-) ....then I found all of them archived in one place, and oh lord, is it a jackpot of awesomeness! the earlier ones are the best, of course. most of them are quite cheesy and a good read, but my fav so far (I'm only halfway thru the gigantic lot of them) was included in a thank you list for various gifts he received; he added in parentheses little comments about each gift.
Mini Wooden Cello and Bow (having trouble getting it between my legs: as the actress said to the bishop;

that one took me by surprise, b/c it was so out of left field compared to the others it was with, and I love it for that fact alone :lol:

you can read them all here: http://www.richardarmitageonline.com/messages.html


ETA: just found another one that had me on the floor laughing :lol: he's talking about how an interviewer burned him, revealing too much that he thought was just casual conversation instead of the actual interview (could it be the "I have a hard time not cheating on my girlfriend" one I wonder? ;) ) and apologizing for what was said. then he goes on to mention a song he said he liked in a previous letter...(fans must have bought up the song like wildfire or something; celebrities are so naive to the power they hold :ugeek: )
ps. re. the Keane song, just liked the song really. Good job I didn't mention "Smack my Bitch up" by Prodigy (No not one of my favourites!)
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:24 pm

kelbel75 wrote:JODIE, you must read this!!

& even if you're not yet on the Armitage train, I know we're all lovers of dorks around here ;) what I've just found proves that Richard Armitage is a huge dork! :P and I thought I couldn't love him more, silly girl :roll: :D

I've been coming across mentions of how Richard has sent messages to the fan-sites and forums through the years at Christmas time, and to thank fans for Birthday presents, etc. and I've read how some long-time followers are lamenting the tone change in the messages as Richard gets older, more famous & therefor more busy :| I read a few of the most recent ones and they were what I expected, somewhat formal but very heartfelt and modest 8-) ....then I found all of them archived in one place, and oh lord, is it a jackpot of awesomeness! the earlier ones are the best, of course. most of them are quite cheesy and a good read, but my fav so far (I'm only halfway thru the gigantic lot of them) was included in a thank you list for various gifts he received; he added in parentheses little comments about each gift.
Mini Wooden Cello and Bow (having trouble getting it between my legs: as the actress said to the bishop;

that one took me by surprise, b/c it was so out of left field compared to the others it was with, and I love it for that fact alone :lol:

you can read them all here: http://www.richardarmitageonline.com/messages.html


ETA: just found another one that had me on the floor laughing :lol: he's talking about how an interviewer burned him, revealing too much that he thought was just casual conversation instead of the actual interview (could it be the "I have a hard time not cheating on my girlfriend" one I wonder? ;) ) and apologizing for what was said. then he goes on to mention a song he said he liked in a previous letter...(fans must have bought up the song like wildfire or something; celebrities are so naive to the power they hold :ugeek: )
ps. re. the Keane song, just liked the song really. Good job I didn't mention "Smack my Bitch up" by Prodigy (No not one of my favourites!)


1. I love that he takes the time to send messages to his fans (I also hate that term) every year, even if it is through a spokes person. Seriously, how many celebrities do this?
2. I love that he actually responds to fan mail and requests and apologizes when he doesn't do it quickly enough.
3. "Unable to comment and refusing to speak publicly about said gifts, said bloke, said: "wow a pair of pants with a cartoon caricature of me on the rear...just what I have always wanted"" DEAR GOD, I seriously hope there is no Armitage Pants lady... :?
4. That whole letter from October 2008 is hilarious.
5. As are the July and August ones. 'Spokesperson' is a hoot.
6. The April 2008 letter makes me sad. BUT, it also makes me a little mad since some other actor and actress who had feuds brewing over them could also have made such statements rather than just being aloof. 10 points to Richard.
7. This item in a list of gifts he was thanking people for cracked me up:
Stationary Paper with My Name and Mrs A's name on it (scribble scribble)
8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
9. "pray that Richie (ironically the name of my horse) doesn't get bored, again, in the searing heat and bolt to the nearest water hole. With me on his back with only one foot in the stirrup, 10 stunt guys running behind screaming stop in Hungarian (I assumed they were speaking to Richie) and the cameras still rolling...one for Aunties Bloomers I suspect. I wondered why they felt the need to tell me to stop...I kind of knew that, and would if I could...perhaps they thought I was stealing the horse or just fancied the afternoon off. " IS IT WRONG THAT I DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THIS FOOTAGE?!

Thank you for that link Kelbel. I love him even more now and I feel like if, on the very off chance that he ever hears about The Daily Dick that he would be amused rather than offended.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 am

JodieO wrote:1. I love that he takes the time to send messages to his fans (I also hate that term) every year, even if it is through a spokes person. Seriously, how many celebrities do this?
I know! 8-) I kept seeing it mentioned that he has done this for years, but I thought it was just like the polite recent ones, not like this; that he respected his followers enough to try and connect with them *swoon*
6. The April 2008 letter makes me sad. BUT, it also makes me a little mad since some other actor and actress who had feuds brewing over them could also have made such statements rather than just being aloof. 10 points to Richard.
I can only imagine the kind of junior high behavior that was going on that led him to even mention it. "he sent a letter to ME, oh I mean my website; so he must like ME, I mean my website, best!" :roll:
8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
seriously woman, do you not read?! it's always mentioned in articles how he played the cello & how he wishes he would have enough time to take it up again. (I'm a fountain of "Richard" knowledge b/c I'm a tiny bit obsessive when I'm interested in a new subject, human or otherwise :oops: )
Thank you for that link Kelbel. I love him even more now and I feel like if, on the very off chance that he ever hears about The Daily Dick that he would be amused rather than offended.
:lol: this is what I thought of us as well, when he mentioned that adult guy of gisborne site!



Image
this kills me, every time! :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:1. I love that he takes the time to send messages to his fans (I also hate that term) every year, even if it is through a spokes person. Seriously, how many celebrities do this?
I know! 8-) I kept seeing it mentioned that he has done this for years, but I thought it was just like the polite recent ones, not like this; that he respected his followers enough to try and connect with them *swoon*
6. The April 2008 letter makes me sad. BUT, it also makes me a little mad since some other actor and actress who had feuds brewing over them could also have made such statements rather than just being aloof. 10 points to Richard.
I can only imagine the kind of junior high behavior that was going on that led him to even mention it. "he sent a letter to ME, oh I mean my website; so he must like ME, I mean my website, best!" :roll:
8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
seriously woman, do you not read?! it's always mentioned in articles how he played the cello & how he wishes he would have enough time to take it up again. (I'm a fountain of "Richard" knowledge b/c I'm a tiny bit obsessive when I'm interested in a new subject, human or otherwise :oops: )
Thank you for that link Kelbel. I love him even more now and I feel like if, on the very off chance that he ever hears about The Daily Dick that he would be amused rather than offended.
:lol: this is what I thought of us as well, when he mentioned that adult guy of gisborne site!



Image
this kills me, every time! :lol: :lol:


I really don't. :? 90% of the time that I'm online I'm at work and can really only look at quick tidbits in between chores. Which is why Twitter and Facebook are so handy. Once I'm home I'm usually doing 40 things whilst I'm online, so I still don't have time to read. And also by the time I'm home I'm usually lousy with eyestrain from being on the computer all day and I HATE wearing my glasses at home. It's why so many of my graveyard photos are still as of yet unprocessed. :?

I also used to play the cello. WE ARE SO MFEO! Someone really needs to send him my phone number. Or rather my email address, since I never answer my phone. But seriously, if I ever saw him playing the cello, no matter how well or how poorly, my top would probably just come off right then and there. I would have no control over the situation.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am

JodieO wrote:8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
seriously woman, do you not read?! it's always mentioned in articles how he played the cello & how he wishes he would have enough time to take it up again. (I'm a fountain of "Richard" knowledge b/c I'm a tiny bit obsessive when I'm interested in a new subject, human or otherwise :oops: )

I really don't. :? 90% of the time that I'm online I'm at work and can really only look at quick tidbits in between chores. Which is why Twitter and Facebook are so handy. Once I'm home I'm usually doing 40 things whilst I'm online, so I still don't have time to read. And also by the time I'm home I'm usually lousy with eyestrain from being on the computer all day and I HATE wearing my glasses at home. It's why so many of my graveyard photos are still as of yet unprocessed. :?

I also used to play the cello. WE ARE SO MFEO! Someone really needs to send him my phone number. Or rather my email address, since I never answer my phone. But seriously, if I ever saw him playing the cello, no matter how well or how poorly, my top would probably just come off right then and there. I would have no control over the situation.

I don't play the cello, but it is the instrument that really reaches in there and pulls at my heartstrings (I regularly cry in reaction to string performances :oops: I always bring tissues when hearing an orchestra of any kind :? )

I understand why you aren't able to "research" :( lucky for you that you've got me! :D my leisure time has become Richard time ;) and since I'm in an empty house all day, that leads to a lot of Richard time...
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:8. DOES HE ACTUALLY PLAY THE CELLO? If the answer is yes I may need a moment alone.
seriously woman, do you not read?! it's always mentioned in articles how he played the cello & how he wishes he would have enough time to take it up again. (I'm a fountain of "Richard" knowledge b/c I'm a tiny bit obsessive when I'm interested in a new subject, human or otherwise :oops: )

I really don't. :? 90% of the time that I'm online I'm at work and can really only look at quick tidbits in between chores. Which is why Twitter and Facebook are so handy. Once I'm home I'm usually doing 40 things whilst I'm online, so I still don't have time to read. And also by the time I'm home I'm usually lousy with eyestrain from being on the computer all day and I HATE wearing my glasses at home. It's why so many of my graveyard photos are still as of yet unprocessed. :?

I also used to play the cello. WE ARE SO MFEO! Someone really needs to send him my phone number. Or rather my email address, since I never answer my phone. But seriously, if I ever saw him playing the cello, no matter how well or how poorly, my top would probably just come off right then and there. I would have no control over the situation.

I don't play the cello, but it is the instrument that really reaches in there and pulls at my heartstrings (I regularly cry in reaction to string performances :oops: I always bring tissues when hearing an orchestra of any kind :? )

I understand why you aren't able to "research" :( lucky for you that you've got me! :D my leisure time has become Richard time ;) and since I'm in an empty house all day, that leads to a lot of Richard time...


It's true! That's why R4L always came in so handy when I was in full Rob mode. Which, coincidentally, is why I'm constantly in the dark about what's going on now... ;)

Cello's are such a lovely sounding instrument. I love love love the cello in "Strawberry Fields Forever". I always tune out the rest of the music and just focus on that.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16218
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Gianna » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am

Is it possible for a Tuesday to be a Monday?

- Forgot I had a dr appt this morning at 8:15 AM
- Woke up thinking it was Wednesday and its clearly only Tuesday
- Wearing brown today, so I had to switch everything into a brown bag only to discover that the dust cover caused the bag to slip off of the shelf and so when I pulled out the bag, it was all lopsided from sitting in a heap. :|
- Coffee place gave me a leaky cup which proceeded to drip all over the car, my pants, and all over the dr's desk thingie

Life is hard. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9184
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest