Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm

LCneiny wrote:Awwww you guuyyysss!! I feel the love, thanks for all your kind words :D :D :D And I'll be sure to tell Tim you all love him (music and looks ;)) so he gets an ego boost for the day. I really hope he "makes it" because he's so talented, driven, and just a great person. We hang out with him and his wife all the time and have so much fun.

And Kel, this comment totally made me snort out loud - :lol: I hope you like me again!
kelbel75 wrote: I kind of hated you, until I remembered I knew you... :roll: :lol:

yes, once I remembered it was "LC", then I liked you :D :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
BTW, google has just informed me that Matthew's name is actually MacFad-yen and not McFay-den. REALLY!? Was it always? I'm so confused.

yes, it's always been that way ;) :P (btw, I'm getting dragged down by the beginning seasons of MI-5 :? Tom is such a dumbass, and yet he's supposed to be "the best" :roll: I actually whined to my DH last night "can't we skip ahead to Lucas yet, PLEASE?" he, of course, said no :x :P )

Haha! I'm still on season 2. I haven't had time to watch just lately. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm

*sigh* I've just been told by my boy that some of you on twitter thinks looks like Alcide that he's moving to Nashville in April. I has all the sadz. Sort of. :lol: he's fun for the short term. If he moves, then I don't have to make the painful decision to cut him loose. :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
BTW, google has just informed me that Matthew's name is actually MacFad-yen and not McFay-den. REALLY!? Was it always? I'm so confused.

yes, it's always been that way ;) :P (btw, I'm getting dragged down by the beginning seasons of MI-5 :? Tom is such a dumbass, and yet he's supposed to be "the best" :roll: I actually whined to my DH last night "can't we skip ahead to Lucas yet, PLEASE?" he, of course, said no :x :P )

Haha! I'm still on season 2. I haven't had time to watch just lately. :?

I'm still on season two as well, that's what I'm saying! :P I read somewhere that you can see a marked difference in season five, that's when it picks up & appeals more to us Americans; I'm sure that's an insult of some kind :? but it's true that I liked season seven much more, & not just b/c of Lucas ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:48 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I'm still on season two as well, that's what I'm saying! :P I read somewhere that you can see a marked difference in season five, that's when it picks up & appeals more to us Americans; I'm sure that's an insult of some kind :? but it's true that I liked season seven much more, & not just b/c of Lucas ;)

Yeah.. it's still not a show that I'm getting much out of. Just ask Alex. Every 5 minutes I'd shout "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING". Either that or "WHY ARE ALL HIS SCREEN WIVES SUCH BITCH CUNTS?!"
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I'm still on season two as well, that's what I'm saying! :P I read somewhere that you can see a marked difference in season five, that's when it picks up & appeals more to us Americans; I'm sure that's an insult of some kind :? but it's true that I liked season seven much more, & not just b/c of Lucas ;)

Yeah.. it's still not a show that I'm getting much out of. Just ask Alex. Every 5 minutes I'd shout "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING". Either that or "WHY ARE ALL HIS SCREEN WIVES SUCH BITCH CUNTS?!"

what in the world show are you watching??
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

lori_seals wrote:*sigh* I've just been told by my boy that some of you on twitter thinks looks like Alcide that he's moving to Nashville in April. I has all the sadz. Sort of. :lol: he's fun for the short term. If he moves, then I don't have to make the painful decision to cut him loose. :?

BOOO! That's terrible news!

BUT, a good excuse to go visit all the Nashville LTTers!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

MI-5 also known as Spooks. British super sekrit spy show in which my husband appears in later seasons. I DONUT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS in most episodes. But I did enjoy the episode where they constantly repeated him sucking donut sugar off his thumb...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:*sigh* I've just been told by my boy that some of you on twitter thinks looks like Alcide that he's moving to Nashville in April. I has all the sadz. Sort of. :lol: he's fun for the short term. If he moves, then I don't have to make the painful decision to cut him loose. :?

BOOO! That's terrible news!

BUT, a good excuse to go visit all the Nashville LTTers!

True!!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah.. it's still not a show that I'm getting much out of. Just ask Alex. Every 5 minutes I'd shout "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING". Either that or "WHY ARE ALL HIS SCREEN WIVES SUCH BITCH CUNTS?!"

MI-5 also known as Spooks. British super sekrit spy show in which my husband appears in later seasons. I DONUT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS in most episodes. But I did enjoy the episode where they constantly repeated him sucking donut sugar off his thumb...

He really did spend an inordinate amount of time sucking that sugar off his thumb. I think he was just doing it to tease us.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I've just got back from seeing Les miz. I cried ALL the tears!!!! My mascara had run and my nose was red when I exited the cinema. :lol:
For the record, I went in not liking Anne Hathaway, and I've come out with a serious dose of respect for her. :shock: :shock: :shock: My kids both loved it and Piano boy gave it a 9 out of 10.

YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Had I not been in a theater I'd have been howling through the whole movie, but my Yankee reserve kept me down to quiet sobbing. I'm also glad you enjoyed Anne's performance since she's a pretty pivotal character. I've loved her since Princess Diaries, so I was already all in with her. I'm so glad your boys enjoyed it, too. Over here boys would consider it 'too gay' to go see a musical, much less enjoy it.

The theatre was full so we ended up on the front row (and no-one could see me snivelling. :lol: :lol:) I've not seen her in the Princess Diaries, but I thought her performance in Les Miz was truly honest and brave. As for my boys enjoying the musical, neither of them give two hoots what other people think about them, and they've never followed the crowd. (A bit like their mum :lol: :lol: :lol: )They were listening to Eminem in the car on the journey there, so it was completely the opposite end of the spectrum. They haven't stopped talking about the film since getting home.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 pm

JodieO wrote:

girl, the russian wifey is a cuddly doll compared to who he hooks up w/ in season 8! :roll: I really do like the show overall, I don't have that hard of a time following it; it's just that these earlier seasons needed to be less technical/political and more thrilling :? I take my evening tv watching very seriously tho & am not trying to do anything else while watching ;)

btw, I'd venture a guess that it was Richard's idea to lick the thumb ;) he often adds in little nuances like this that don't come from the script/director 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Well that sucks like donkey balls. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

guitargirl wrote:

Yeah, it kind of does.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Yeah, it kind of does.

My daughter is saving up to move to Nashville in a year. We can meet up. It'll be good.
she just found out that if she does "extra credit" aka NA meetings, private counseling and gets good grades, she can cut her 18 months probation to 9 months. YAY! ......although the longer she HAS to stay clean the better so I am okay with an 18 month probation, but don't tell HER that.

I have prepared for this "big" snow storm that is suppose to hit us in 12 hours. The liquior cabinet is full and we have milk and toilet paper and I will bring in some firewood. Seriously, we are only suppose to get 4-12 inches. I don't understand why everyone here is acting like the end is coming. We live in the MIDWEST. This is what winters were like before about 5 years ago. Damn that GLobal Warming.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

should i start a meet-up thread for tomstu's play?

in new news, shia laboeuf (sp?) just dropped out of it....
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:should i start a meet-up thread for tomstu's play?

in new news, shia laboeuf (sp?) just dropped out of it....

Probably couldn't hurt... though I don't think anyone has posted there since our last big meet up...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

girl, the russian wifey is a cuddly doll compared to who he hooks up w/ in season 8! :roll: I really do like the show overall, I don't have that hard of a time following it; it's just that these earlier seasons needed to be less technical/political and more thrilling :? I take my evening tv watching very seriously tho & am not trying to do anything else while watching ;)

btw, I'd venture a guess that it was Richard's idea to lick the thumb ;) he often adds in little nuances like this that don't come from the script/director 8-)

That's right, Lucas... get that donut sugar off your thumb... get allll of it....

Anyway..

Yeah, I get bored an twitchy when I try to do nothing else but watch tv. I'm too used to multitasking. Whilst watching TV I'm generally doing 2-3 of the following in addition to watching:

Making dinner
Editing photos
Deciphering gravestone epitaphs
Responding to graveyard people on the photo page
Chatting with DFJ and possibly others
Knitting
Drafting a new knitting pattern
Playing with the cats
Cleaning (rare)
Playing games
Generally screwing around with FB and/or Twitter

It's a little sad because I used to watch a lot of foreign films, but now I can't pay enough attention to read the subtitles.. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm

amynkansas wrote:I have prepared for this "big" snow storm that is suppose to hit us in 12 hours. The liquior cabinet is full and we have milk and toilet paper and I will bring in some firewood. Seriously, we are only suppose to get 4-12 inches. I don't understand why everyone here is acting like the end is coming. We live in the MIDWEST. This is what winters were like before about 5 years ago. Damn that GLobal Warming.

Make sure you also have eggs and cheese!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm

amynkansas wrote:My daughter is saving up to move to Nashville in a year. We can meet up. It'll be good.
she just found out that if she does "extra credit" aka NA meetings, private counseling and gets good grades, she can cut her 18 months probation to 9 months. YAY! ......although the longer she HAS to stay clean the better so I am okay with an 18 month probation, but don't tell HER that.

I have prepared for this "big" snow storm that is suppose to hit us in 12 hours. The liquior cabinet is full and we have milk and toilet paper and I will bring in some firewood. Seriously, we are only suppose to get 4-12 inches. I don't understand why everyone here is acting like the end is coming. We live in the MIDWEST. This is what winters were like before about 5 years ago. Damn that GLobal Warming.

I think we are supposed to get 8 inches or so...not starting until tomorrow afternoon. I'm bringing my laptop home tomorrow and working from home on Friday. Whee!

That's good news about your daughter, Amy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

JodieO wrote:Yeah, I get bored an twitchy when I try to do nothing else but watch tv. I'm too used to multitasking. Whilst watching TV I'm generally doing 2-3 of the following in addition to watching:

Making dinner
Editing photos
Knitting
Playing with the cats
Cleaning (rare)
Playing games

It's a little sad because I used to watch a lot of foreign films, but now I can't pay enough attention to read the subtitles.. :?

I most always multitask while watching TV too, except for certain shows. NEVER during certain shows, though...there are some shows that require my full attention!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah, I get bored an twitchy when I try to do nothing else but watch tv. I'm too used to multitasking. Whilst watching TV I'm generally doing 2-3 of the following in addition to watching:

Making dinner
Editing photos
Knitting
Playing with the cats
Cleaning (rare)
Playing games

I most always multitask while watching TV too, except for certain shows. NEVER during certain shows, though...there are some shows that require my full attention!

I can't do it. My mind starts to wander after about 10 minutes and I end up not paying attention anyway. :? It's probably why I tend to watch the same shows over and over again...

Which are your watch-only shows?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image

That's right, Lucas... get that donut sugar off your thumb... get allll of it....

Anyway..

Yeah, I get bored an twitchy when I try to do nothing else but watch tv. I'm too used to multitasking. Whilst watching TV I'm generally doing 2-3 of the following in addition to watching:

Making dinner
Editing photos
Knitting
Playing with the cats
Cleaning (rare)
Playing games

the grass is always greener on the other side ;) I admire how others can multi-task and get so much done in such a small amount of time 8-) I, on the other hand, am ruled by my obsessive nature. I CANNOT do more than one thing at a time, I can't even talk on the phone & do something else; my whole attention is focused on what I am doing. so, in a positive light, whatever I am doing has my full attention, but everything else suffers :|
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

Making dinner
Editing photos
Knitting
Playing with the cats
Cleaning (rare)
Playing games

I can't do it. My mind starts to wander after about 10 minutes and I end up not paying attention anyway. :? It's probably why I tend to watch the same shows over and over again...

Which are your watch-only shows?

This is the story of my life. Tonight's viewing is N&S for the who knows how many times (just skipping around to my favorite parts tonight), layered with playing games on my phone and trying to catch up in the flat.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:This is the story of my life. Tonight's viewing is N&S for the who knows how many times (just skipping around to my favorite parts tonight), layered with playing games on my phone and trying to catch up in the flat.

Yes! I get stuff done during all the Margaret stuff or all the union stuff and pay attention during all the John Thornton stuff. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats