You'll earn points for the following activities:
1) Sleep at least 7 hrs/per night
2) Drink 64 oz. water - ideally shoot for 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day, and add a squeeze of lemon for an extra detox boost if you like
3) Exercise (at least 20 minutes or change to whatever value you want, just move)
4) At least 3 veg/2 fruit servings - or you can change to at least one balanced meal based on 1/2 plate veg/fruit, 1/4 plate lean protein, 1/4 complex or starchy carb
5) No eating 2-3 hours before bed - or you can change to no eating after 10 PM
6) Free / personal goal
7) Free / personal goal
8) Free / personal goal
9) Take at least one measurable step each week towards the "healthy goal" you set for yourself during the last week of the first challenge. You didn't think we'd forget about that did you?
10) Wild Card - this will change every week
1. Because we need a day of rest, every week, you get 2 free points. You can use these to substitute anything you need a break from on any one day.
2. You will receive 3 sick days. On the sick days, you get your exercise point and one of your personal points for free
3. You will receive 3 vacation days. Use them for real vacations, staycations, your birthday or just because you feel like it. On these days you receive the full 10 points
Please remember that you're doing this for you. Cheating doesn't hurt anybody, but yourself. These are only minimum guidelines, if you can do better, do better!
Week 1:(Feb 25 - Mar 3) Let's make a commitment every day to either clean the kitchen before bed or pick another area/room of the house to clean up. It doesn't have to be a full out scrub session, just clear out some clutter and make room for pure, positive thoughts and actions. You get a point each day you do this.
Week 2: (Mar 4 - Mar 10) Cook a new food this week! This doesn't have to be a food you've never eaten before, just something you've never MADE before in your own kitchen. Love that hummus at your local medeterranean restaurant? Search the web, buy the ingredients, and give it a shot at home! See an interesting-looking fruit or veggie in the grocery store or farmer's market? Buy it, google it, and get cooking! You get all 7 points if you do this one time.
Week 3: (Mar 11 - Mar 17) Free WC week! This is your chance to come up with a WC that you need to get you through. Whatever you want, please share it with us and what you need to do in order to gain your points. Don't go TOO easy on yourself
Week 4: (Mar 18 - Mar 24) Perform a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) at least once this week. It doesn't have be Earth-shattering, just go out of your way at least once this week to bring a smile to someone's face. Send a card to a loved one, give an extra tip to your server, help bag at the grocery store, pay a compliment to a stranger, just do something
You get one point if you do this one time.
Week 5: (Mar 25 - Mar 31) Venture out of our little corner of the flat this week! Check out the trivia, FF, and music sections! You get all 7 points for doing the following things: post at least 3 times in the daily thread and at least 2 times elsewhere on the forum.
Week 6: (Apr 1 - Apr 7) Another challenge done and we're starting the fourth month of 2013. Have you done something nice and/or nourishing for yourself lately? Here's your week to do it! Treat yourself to a massage (get your SO to do it), mani/pedi (at home or a salon), buy the frilly panties you've had your eye on, get a new bathing suit to get excited/motivated for the summer - whatever makes YOU happy, DO IT! Tell us about your special treat to yourself and make sure you really enjoy whatever you choose.