Go to footer

Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 am

So last night we had another snowfall. But it was a really wet heavy kind of snow. The kind that clings to stuff as it comes down. And this morning it is a winter wonderland out there. Everything is sparkly (:D) white and pristine.
I know I posted the yuck of winter yesterday, but today I'm sharing the pretty. These pics from my balcony don't quite capture the prettiness of it all, but you get the notion:

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:So last night we had another snowfall. But it was a really wet heavy kind of snow. The kind that clings to stuff as it comes down. And this morning it is a winter wonderland out there. Everything is sparkly (:D) white and pristine.
I know I posted the yuck of winter yesterday, but today I'm sharing the pretty. These pics from my balcony don't quite capture the prettiness of it all, but you get the notion:

That actually does look quite pretty! Our snow turned to rain and now the whole world is a slush puddle. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:22 pm

[quote="absolutelyvlc"]YAY WE HAVE A NEWBIE!!

Welcome Guitar Girl!!!

Ps - I agree with JodieOs - snacking is good, and also, quitting cold turkey typically sets you up for a downfall later on. UNLESS you're the kind of person that has to do the cold turkey thing. Mr.Abs is like that when he wants to quit something - it has to be cold turkey or nothing at all. And when he does cold turkey, he really DOES quit it.

Hmm, I want a turkey sandwich suddenly :D

Anyway, I'd say to set smaller goals and gradually cut down on snacking or adjust to healthier snacks.
The Challenge is set up this time around that you have three "openings" for setting personal goals. And it goes for six weeks. So you could always change them as the weeks progress. Maybe you want to start with something like, for example, "this week I will eat only X number of snacks/day instead of your normal. Something that will be a challenge, but not unreasonable and unattainable. For me at least I feel like when I set an achievable goal, and then reach it, I just feel so amazing I want to take it to the next level and then blast through the next level/goal too so I can feel that "I'm so proud of myself" feeling again. Plus you'll get lots of support and encouragement here. Everyone here is pretty much ah-mah-zing! :D

MUFFIN AND GUITAR - do you like the taste of licorice? There's a tea I like to sip on after dinner when I'm craving something sweet that always curbs my cravings. It's called Eater's Digest and it's an herbal concoction that's sweet and helps you digest. I find it's great both when I've eaten too much (like at the holidays) or when I'm controlling my portions and feeling like I still need something after dinner it fills me up.
Do you get this brand in the UK/US?

Thanks VLC we can get this brand of tea here, I'll definitely try it. :D I find I'm much better quitting cold turkey, although I do allow myself something for dessert as I don't feel like I'm being deprived. I had sugar free jelly and berries again tonight and it's really keeping any pangs at bay. I wish I was the sort of person that could eat two squares of dark chocolate, as I love dark chocolate. The only problem is I wouldn't stop until I'd finished the bar regardless of how full I was. :lol: :lol: Cold turkey really works for me too, as once I've made up my mind to be healthy I pretty much stick to it. I think I've just needed to get in the right frame of mind. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

VLC - I'm not a big fan of licorice but I'm willing to try a new tea always, and yes we have that brand here in the USA also. Thx for the rec!

Abs - pretty, but… BRR!!

GG -its my entry to the EBS contest (first fiction I've written since freshmen English... ) You can view it here (its #7): http://t.co/ZRga9ctMEO

Yesterday I was doing so well, then last night was a total fail with food (though at least I snuck in some yoga to get my workout point in). Again I had the after dinner munchies. Weird that it doesn't hit until AFTER dinner. I'll have to hunt down and try that licorice tea.

This morning I (barely) got up and did my exercise bike, this time with ANOTHER Jane Eyre, looking forward to meeting Mr Rochester tomorrow morning Image
For those who were wondering - the BBC Jane Eyre with Timothy Dalton was good, but felt a bit bland and drawn out (5 1/2 hrs long!). So far I'm liking this version a lot better, the casting is fantastic as is the pacing & cinematography (though there's much good to be said about Dalton playing Mr R). (um, yeah, Bella did Wuthering Heights, I'm doing Jane-E).

So far keeping up with my food plan, nervous about tonight and snacks…

Where's everyone else? How are you doing so far? Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 am

Friday morning funny

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Ladies! First week almost done, how's everyone doing? This week has been so BAD for me. I'm getting my points but I'm definitely not eating as well I should be. But all that changes tomorrow, I'm starting the first day of my "Metabolic Detoxification Program" from the functional doc. It's a pretty strict regimen based on my specific food intolerances, so I'm excited to start something completely customized for me. It's going to be really tough, especially at first as I get used to it, but I am committed to doing it!!

Abs, I love the photos from your balcony. As long as I don't have to go anywhere in it, snow is great :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby obava » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am

Hi y'all! I have been AWOL this go around because I'm so busy in RL that I don't have my shizz together to get started on this Challenge. Can I just lurk? 8-)

Welcome, Guitar Girl! :D

Re: Craving sweets after a meal
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5721626_crave-sweets-after-eating-meal.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/77144-crave-sweets-after-eating-meal/
http://www.fitsugar.com/Always-Crave-Sweets-After-Meals-Weve-Got-Diet-Friendly-Solution-12478138

xoxo O
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 am

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/nine-real-foo ... 00834.html

An article with some interesting "weight loss foods".

Week one down. How did you all do? Me, not so great. But slight improvement over last Challenge - so that's a good thing. YAY! I'm improving :D Thank you LTT Challenge!! :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 am

Um, what IS going on here?

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 am

im feeling all emo today....

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 am

:(

hugs

Imma throw some Stephan in for good measure

Wish I could take you out for ice cream sundaes and a good giggle.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 am

absolutelyvlc wrote::(

hugs

Wish I could take you out for ice cream sundaes and a good giggle.

This one made me giggle! thanks
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 am

Oh Amy, sending lots of good thoughts your way, go pamper yourself!Image
And here's a bit of pixie dust to make things more magical today: Image

Abs - that photo closeup it TOO FUNNY! I'm cracking up at the red eyes... very vamp-ish!

First week also was medium for me - though I did do workouts most days so that was good. Today I'm home, will be working on decluttering the basement with DH. Looking forward to lots of junk leaving this house!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 am

absolutelyvlc wrote::(

hugs

I love Dean's face.

"Well crap... now I've got to go break another fangirl's arm... "
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Um, what IS going on here?

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 am

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

So, you know what's really weird; when I looked at the forum from my phone last night, this pic of Rob on The Daily Show with John Stewart eating ice cream
absolutelyvlc wrote:Image

showed up as this cute still of Nicholas Hoult from About a Boy.
(which just about almost as adorable)

Eta: ok, now it's changed to some lady in a green dress. So weird.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 am

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 am

Abs - no, you're not alone altogether - I keep driving by but work's been crazy busy so can't really play here. Still trying to keep up with my challenge though! Will try and write some more later. Luv you all! *mwah!*

OH - I heard a rumor about this... Happy Birthday Jodie!!
Here's someone singing Happy Birthday to you! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:55 am

Muffinmom wrote:Abs - no, you're not alone altogether - I keep driving by but work's been crazy busy so can't really play here. Still trying to keep up with my challenge though! Will try and write some more later. Luv you all! *mwah!*

OH - I heard a rumor about this... Happy Birthday Jodie!!
Here's someone singing Happy Birthday to you! Image

Thanks! =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 pm

okay, today we get to start working out at my DD's work (FOR FREE!!!) and it's just 7 minutes from my house. I have charged my ipod, printed out a beginners work-out list. now i just need to shave my legs (or at least the part from my ankle to my mid calf where my work-out capris begin (my DD asked me pretty please to not look like a hairy loser). it is a REALLY nice fitness facility.

THIS is just the lobby.....

wish me luck!!!!

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life"
My dad used to say that to me EVERY morning of my childhood.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LCneiny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

JodieO wrote:

I absolutely LOVE this!! :lol: :lol:
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

amynkansas wrote:okay, today we get to start working out at my DD's work (FOR FREE!!!) and it's just 7 minutes from my house. I have charged my ipod, printed out a beginners work-out list. now i just need to shave my legs (or at least the part from my ankle to my mid calf where my work-out capris begin (my DD asked me pretty please to not look like a hairy loser). it is a REALLY nice fitness facility.

THIS is just the lobby.....

wish me luck!!!!

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life"
My dad used to say that to me EVERY morning of my childhood.

Oh YAY this is so great!! The beautiful lobby, the price, the location, AND working out with DD! Go Amy :D
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 pm

LCneiny wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I absolutely LOVE this!! :lol: :lol:

This is by far my favorite photo of Rob ever.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

So ladies, what's one big obstacle we all face when it comes to preparing healthy dinners? Other than buying the ingredients, I would have to say planning out the meals themselves.

This article helps explain some things: http://kriscarr.com/blog/kris-carr-craz ... meal-plan/

She includes a meal planner but I found the squares a little too small for my handwriting, so I made my own! I thought I'd share with you all in case you might be able to use it too.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byqv-IZ ... sp=sharing
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats