Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Crush Crush

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Ok, so we've made no secret about who our boy crushes are...

And we've all made it pretty clear that most of us (if not all) have a girl crush on this lady

But who else are our girl crushes?

I've been pretty forthcoming with my undying love of Helena Bonham Carter and I totally want to be her when I grow up.

But how many of you knew that I actually wanted to BE Cyndi Lauper when I was growing up and she's one of the few people who if I ever meet, I'm quite sure I will fangirl and make a moron out of myself? And the first time I saw her in concert I cried when she walked on stage the way other women cry over Barbara Streisand? Or how the third time I saw her in concert I had a happy freak out because we had the same hair cut? Or how when I turned 18 I started shaving half my head and dying my hair funky colors? Because it's all true.

Who is everyone else's girl crushes?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Crush Crush

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I don't have girl crushes; is that weird? I generally don't like other females, b/c they irritate me :lol: I like a lot of fictional ones tho :D :P on the surface, I guess I like JL the most...as long as I don't know too much about her ;) but w/guys it's the other way around *scratches head*

don't get me wrong, I like other girls just fine :D I just don't want to be, or hang with any one in particular.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 pm

I kinda love Zooey, but I haven't actually seen her in any interviews....only her movies and The New Girl.

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 pm

any Rebel Wilson....

And Adele
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

amynkansas wrote:I kinda love Zoey, but I haven't actually seen her in any interviews....only her movies and The New Girl.

Sometimes I see photos and I genuinely have no idea whether they are Zooey or Katy Perry.

I like Zooey, too.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

JodieO wrote:Or how when I turned 18 I started shaving half my head and dying my hair funky colors? Because it's all true.

Can we get a photo of you at age 18? please.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:Or how when I turned 18 I started shaving half my head and dying my hair funky colors? Because it's all true.

Can we get a photo of you at age 18? please.

Well, to be fair, at age 18 you couldn't see that my head was half-shaved because it was hidden by my spiral perm, so NO. No photos. It wasn't until college when I started dying my hair funky colors... ;)

Here's a photo of me at roughly 27, though, with my Cyndi Lauper hair cut.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Jodes....so what color would your hair have to be to match the carpet?
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 pm

amynkansas wrote:Jodes....so what color would your hair have to be to match the carpet?

HAHAHA! ILY.

Remember when you were a little kid in 3rd grade art class and you'd accidentally mix together all the wrong colors and end up with this dull greyish brown that was awful and ugly and you'd have to ditch all your paint? That's my natural hair color. May you never have to see it.

PS. In that photo above, I'd cut my own hair.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 am

amynkansas wrote:I kinda love Zooey, but I haven't actually seen her in any interviews....only her movies and The New Girl.

Zooey is so pretty :D I love the dark hair, w/the pale skin & bright blue eyes. and if the girl has freckles too, well then that's just perfect 8-) (I have freckles, but dull brown hair that turns brassy in the sun, and grey-blue eyes :| ) I LOVE Zooey's singing too! the commercial she used to have singing in her pajamas was so cute :D (her sister is the girl from "Bones" right?)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:30 am

kelbel75 wrote:Zooey is so pretty :D I love the dark hair, w/the pale skin & bright blue eyes. and if the girl has freckles too, well then that's just perfect 8-) (I have freckles, but dull brown hair that turns brassy in the sun, and grey-blue eyes :| ) I LOVE Zooey's singing too! the commercial she used to have singing in her pajamas was so cute :D (her sister is the girl from "Bones" right?)

Yes, Bones is her sister.

I wish I could pull off hair that dark, but it just makes me look like the walking dead. :? I loved her singing in Elf, too.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 am

hello?

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 am

kelbel75 wrote:hello?

COME IN.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Zooey is so pretty :D I love the dark hair, w/the pale skin & bright blue eyes. and if the girl has freckles too, well then that's just perfect 8-) (I have freckles, but dull brown hair that turns brassy in the sun, and grey-blue eyes :| ) I LOVE Zooey's singing too! the commercial she used to have singing in her pajamas was so cute :D (her sister is the girl from "Bones" right?)

Yes, Bones is her sister.

I wish I could pull off hair that dark, but it just makes me look like the walking dead. :? I loved her singing in Elf, too.

yes, I liked her in "Elf" too but NOT as a blonde :? I've listened to her "she and him" stuff on youtube before; she has that smokey old-time sounding voice that I really like 8-)

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am

I need to post RA pics or else I'll start going thru with-drawls... :P

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 am

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 am

kelbel75 wrote:Image

Hey, it's a new place! That means we are in sore need of decoration!

I like this motif.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

I saw this one for the first time yesterday :shock:

I'm assuming it was promo from one of the Macbeth shows he did, once upon a time. I wish it was in color!
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am

kelbel75 wrote:I saw this one for the first time yesterday :shock:

I'm assuming it was promo from one of the Macbeth shows he did, once upon a time. I wish it was in color!

I wish that arm wasn't in the way.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:01 pm

OMFG. Heeellllllp meeeeeeeeeeeee......

Coworker is going on and on about some boy she's started seeing and how great he is and how wonderful things are and blah blah blah blah blah. And I would be happy for her if this didn't happen EVERY OTHER WEEK. I don't begrudge her dating and meeting people. Good for her! But I'm soooo tired of hearing about how wonderful and perfect and lovely these boys are after knowing them for 5 seconds.

In other news, Aunt was telling me a few days ago how she'd run into her husband's single cousin and thought of me. Then told me about how he was a great guy who loved fishing and hunting and snowmobiling and I wanted to shout "EXCUSE ME, HAVE WE MET?" :roll: I'd much prefer a man who would rather read than kill things.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:13 pm

JodieO wrote:OMFG. Heeellllllp meeeeeeeeeeeee......

Coworker is going on and on about some boy she's started seeing and how great he is and how wonderful things are and blah blah blah blah blah. And I would be happy for her if this didn't happen EVERY OTHER WEEK. I don't begrudge her dating and meeting people. Good for her! But I'm soooo tired of hearing about how wonderful and perfect and lovely these boys are after knowing them for 5 seconds.

In other news, Aunt was telling me a few days ago how she'd run into her husband's single cousin and thought of me. Then told me about how he was a great guy who loved fishing and hunting and snowmobiling and I wanted to shout "EXCUSE ME, HAVE WE MET?" :roll: I'd much prefer a man who would rather read than kill things.

Now, Jodie, don't write the man off just b/c he has some different interests than you. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 pm

JodieO wrote:In other news, Aunt was telling me a few days ago how she'd run into her husband's single cousin and thought of me. Then told me about how he was a great guy who loved fishing and hunting and snowmobiling and I wanted to shout "EXCUSE ME, HAVE WE MET?" :roll: I'd much prefer a man who would rather read than kill things.

:lol: clearly she doesn't know you...at all :shock:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm

lori_seals wrote:Now, Jodie, don't write the man off just b/c he has some different interests than you. ;)

You're right, he could be very nice and I'm sure there are some artsy boys who enjoy killing things, BUT, my uncle is probably the hillbilliest of all my relatives, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. And I really REALLY can't imagine getting involved with a hunter. It would be like someone from the Hillsboro Baptist Church getting together with Ellen Degeneres... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 pm

I was trying to find some vids of Zooey on talk shows & whatnot but I can't really find any good ones; she seems to be a bit of an air-headed valleygirl :?

and now I've gotten distracted by Craig Ferguson....
kelbel75
Craft Services

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats