Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Crush Crush

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

kelbel75 wrote:I would LOVE that GG! we think McDonald's is heaven around here, & we eat a lot of junk food :oops: we don't eat fish hardly at all, only b/c I have no idea how to prepare it :? same with veggies :roll: so we end up eating a lot of chicken, some beef, and a TON of starch :|

Come over some sunday I'm giving Britt a lazy ass cooking lesson. We watch RA tv while we eat! Dinner and a show! I'm too lazy to follow recipes so I tend to make stuff up as I go along and it's usually pretty good.

Fish: If you are going to use a lighter fish like trout or tilapia then I usually rinse it off under the tap and toss it in a frying pan with some Pam and then I sprinkle on some Fish-Fri (or get Harry Clearwater's if you can) and fry it until the fish is opaque and flaky. I'll usually spray some Pam on the top to moisten the coating and then flip it over to crisp up the top a little. If it's something heavier like salmon or swordfish I usually cram it in the oven with some butter and lemon juice and some sort of herb blend that comes in a shaker.

I experimented with green beans when I was cooking for Brittany and I actually quite liked them. I tossed them into a skillet with some fresh chopped garlic and some olive oil and cooked them on medium heat until I got tired of cooking them. The garlic burnt a bit and the beans blackened a little, but they were still really firm as if they had been steamed. After pouring them into a bowl I tossed them with some parmesean cheese. I was a bit worried about them being half burnt and half raw, but they were actually super yummy with a slight smoky flavor.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:34 am

Kay Kay wrote:Let's see how Rob and I are feeling this evening.

This looks about right. Whatever this emotion is.
And this one since starting Monday I will move to full time and no longer working with Evil Coworker!! Now I can't get arrested for my potential twitter raging of a murder/suicide. And that's just good news for everyone.

Glad you made a decision you are happy with.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 am

kelbel75 wrote:oh it's most definitely easy money to narrate stuff! why else would he randomly do commercials for cars and beer? and when you narrate a documentary, you don't actually have to be passionate about the subject matter to do so; but that sperm one was so out there :shock: :lol:

Well he probably wasn't actively looking for sperm work. His agent probably called and was all "You wanna sit on your ass in a studio for a few days and read shit for money?" "Sure, whatever."

At least that's how I'm assuming these things go... I'd find it weirder if there was some kind of cut throat audition process... :? :lol:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:44 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Kelbel, would you feel differently if Ron was just lending his voice to commercials rather than physically appearing in them? ;)

**and to answer the original question: I wouldn't have a problem with Rob lending his voice, b/c the commercial would not be relaying on the voice and the fact that it was his to sell the product. most voices in commercials you don't even know who they are unless you're familiar with that person's voice. they're not saying "robert pattinson says" as he's talking; so he's not really "selling himself" for that product, ya know? I would rather he didn't lend his voice to sell condoms or 1-800 fantasy sites, so in that regard I guess I am contradicting myself a bit by stating that I'd rather pick and choose? this is making my head hurt..

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. But either way, if it draws more people to his movies, I'm all for it. Except in the instances Jodie said before. And I quote-
My problem would be if someone was doing a commercial for a product you KNOW they don't use (like all those actresses who do commercials for boxed hair color. AS. IF.) or for products that are potentially dangerous to a person's health which you know they don't use (I'm looking at YOU, Trimspa!), and I have a special seething rage for heavy actresses who do weight-loss commercials and talk about how miserable and worthless their lives were when they were heavier. THANKS, BITCHES! But yeah, I've got no problem with Dior.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:48 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:My youngest came in at 3am and said his pillow was stuck to his back. He was perplexed about how this was happening. I must admit, I was intrigued. Turns out, he fell asleep playing with silly putty and it got a bit out of hand while he slept. I wasn't too interested in cleaning at that hour so I just changed his shirt and he fell asleep in my bed. Sooooo.....this morning I surveyed the damage and found big ass globs in his hair, on his pillow and sheets, in the fur of a stuffed animal, and some transferred onto my pillow. Easy enough to clean up, except for the hair. He has pretty long hair, so that got interesting. We still made it to school on time, so it's all good.

Ugg. What a nightmare. Did you have to cut his hair? Does he look like this now?
That was why I banned playdoh, silly putty and gum from my house when my kids were young. Play with it at school or at a friend's house but not in my house. My kids didn't feel deprived though since they did have that crap at school.

It came close. I had the clippers out, but he was really not keen on a buzz cut so I picked out what I could. I did have to do the really ghetto thing of cutting one chunk out. Fortunately, his hair is long enough that it covers up the short spot so it doesn't look like he has mange.

Generally speaking, I don't mind messy crafty toys/activities. Except for glitter, which is the herpes of the craft world.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:49 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I would LOVE that GG! we think McDonald's is heaven around here, & we eat a lot of junk food :oops: we don't eat fish hardly at all, only b/c I have no idea how to prepare it :? same with veggies :roll: so we end up eating a lot of chicken, some beef, and a TON of starch :|

Come over some sunday I'm giving Britt a lazy ass cooking lesson. We watch RA tv while we eat! Dinner and a show! I'm too lazy to follow recipes so I tend to make stuff up as I go along and it's usually pretty good.

Fish: If you are going to use a lighter fish like trout or tilapia then I usually rinse it off under the tap and toss it in a frying pan with some Pam and then I sprinkle on some Fish-Fri (or get Harry Clearwater's if you can) and fry it until the fish is opaque and flaky. I'll usually spray some Pam on the top to moisten the coating and then flip it over to crisp up the top a little. If it's something heavier like salmon or swordfish I usually cram it in the oven with some butter and lemon juice and some sort of herb blend that comes in a shaker.

I experimented with green beans when I was cooking for Brittany and I actually quite liked them. I tossed them into a skillet with some fresh chopped garlic and some olive oil and cooked them on medium heat until I got tired of cooking them. The garlic burnt a bit and the beans blackened a little, but they were still really firm as if they had been steamed. After pouring them into a bowl I tossed them with some parmesean cheese. I was a bit worried about them being half burnt and half raw, but they were actually super yummy with a slight smoky flavor.

I love how you cook!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am

JodieO wrote:

*whines* but you live so far away! :(

the fish suggestion is the kind of detailed instruction that I need! when cooking beef, what kind? what cut? cooking beef intimidates the hell out of me :oops: whereas chicken, I prefer the white-meat, so "breast" bam, no guesswork :roll: and I actually do cook my green beans that way! I like them when they're burnt :D one day I just bought some in the produce dep't, thought "hmm, I could probably fry these in butter or something, huh?" added some spices, and it turned out pretty good! 8-) the kids don't like them, of course :roll: but I very rarely am brave enough (or creative enough) to try something without a recipe...unless we're low on food & I just throw what we have in a pan :P I made perogies (the frozen kind, don't tell my polish grandma ;) ) that way one day, by covering them with a veggie and smoked sausage mixture I fried up in the frying pan; the kids liked it, so it's a repeat :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am

kelbel75 wrote:the fish suggestion is the kind of detailed instruction that I need! when cooking beef, what kind? what cut? cooking beef intimidates the hell out of me :oops: whereas chicken, I prefer the white-meat, so "breast" bam, no guesswork :roll: and I actually do cook my green beans that way! I like them when they're burnt :D one day I just bought some in the produce dep't, thought "hmm, I could probably fry these in butter or something, huh?" added some spices, and it turned out pretty good! 8-) the kids don't like them, of course :roll: but I very rarely am brave enough (or creative enough) to try something without a recipe...unless we're low on food & I just throw what we have in a pan :P I made perogies (the frozen kind, don't tell my polish grandma ;) ) that way one day, by covering them with a veggie and smoked sausage mixture I fried up in the frying pan; the kids liked it, so it's a repeat :P [/color]

I'll teach you lazy ass cooking if you cook me pierogis! NOM NOM NOM!

As for beef I have no clue what cuts I use... boneless kind... I tend to go for thicker cut steaks and/or the strip kind. Grilling tips they might be called? I just look for what is inexpensive, but still well-marbled.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:59 am

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I love how you cook!

Hee! When you have about 5" of counter space on which to prepare foods you have to learn to improvise. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:My youngest came in at 3am and said his pillow was stuck to his back. He was perplexed about how this was happening. I must admit, I was intrigued. Turns out, he fell asleep playing with silly putty and it got a bit out of hand while he slept. I wasn't too interested in cleaning at that hour so I just changed his shirt and he fell asleep in my bed. Sooooo.....this morning I surveyed the damage and found big ass globs in his hair, on his pillow and sheets, in the fur of a stuffed animal, and some transferred onto my pillow. Easy enough to clean up, except for the hair. He has pretty long hair, so that got interesting. We still made it to school on time, so it's all good.

Ugg. What a nightmare. Did you have to cut his hair? Does he look like this now?
That was why I banned playdoh, silly putty and gum from my house when my kids were young. Play with it at school or at a friend's house but not in my house. My kids didn't feel deprived though since they did have that crap at school.

It came close. I had the clippers out, but he was really not keen on a buzz cut so I picked out what I could. I did have to do the really ghetto thing of cutting one chunk out. Fortunately, his hair is long enough that it covers up the short spot so it doesn't look like he has mange.

Generally speaking, I don't mind messy crafty toys/activities. Except for glitter, which is the herpes of the craft world.

I was okay with paints of all kinds. It was the stuff that you would keep finding days after they used it. And glitter was banned too. When the came home with school projects that had glitter on them, the went straight into the trash which is so unlike me because I have saved evry piece of artwork they have ever done (sans glitter).

So was the trim more like the Cosmo haircut?

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:06 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Kelbel, would you feel differently if Ron was just lending his voice to commercials rather than physically appearing in them? ;)

**and to answer the original question: I wouldn't have a problem with Rob lending his voice, b/c the commercial would not be relaying on the voice and the fact that it was his to sell the product. most voices in commercials you don't even know who they are unless you're familiar with that person's voice. they're not saying "robert pattinson says" as he's talking; so he's not really "selling himself" for that product, ya know? I would rather he didn't lend his voice to sell condoms or 1-800 fantasy sites, so in that regard I guess I am contradicting myself a bit by stating that I'd rather pick and choose? this is making my head hurt..

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:11 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:

:lol: I actually thought of this as I cut his hair this morning!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm

quote="kelbel75"]
BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle? [/quote]

Maybe his name would be publicly attached, maybe not. When I see a commercial I know they are not real people but actors just acting from a script. When I hear a voiceover, I don't "see" the acting but I hear the voice and it feels to me more like the voiceover person is endorsing the product. I may not be explaining this clear enough but that's just how I feel. Not saying you are right or wrong, it's just how I feel about the issue. It's an opinion-that's all.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:07 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:

:lol: I actually thought of this as I cut his hair this morning!

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote: Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle?

Maybe his name would be publicly attached, maybe not. When I see a commercial I know they are not real people but actors just acting from a script. When I hear a voiceover, I don't "see" the acting but I hear the voice and it feels to me more like the voiceover person is endorsing the product. I may not be explaining this clear enough but that's just how I feel. Not saying you are right or wrong, it's just how I feel about the issue. It's an opinion-that's all.
[/quote]

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 pm

JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote: Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

Image[/quote]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

JodieO wrote:

Oooooo I've gotten really good at green beans. Make them just as you have but add a little bit of water and cover it so they steam a bit for 10 min or so and add a little BROWN SUGAR and rosemary. OH MY GOD. Seriously.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Oooooo I've gotten really good at green beans. Make them just as you have but add a little bit of water and cover it so they steam a bit for 10 min or so and add a little BROWN SUGAR and rosemary. OH MY GOD. Seriously.

Brown sugar and rosemary!? That's going well beyond my ingredients list. And I don't own fancy things like pots with covers. Maybe I should amend my lazy ass cooking title to include white trash? :? ;) :lol:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Oooooo I've gotten really good at green beans. Make them just as you have but add a little bit of water and cover it so they steam a bit for 10 min or so and add a little BROWN SUGAR and rosemary. OH MY GOD. Seriously.

Brown sugar and rosemary!? That's going well beyond my ingredients list. And I don't own fancy things like pots with covers. Maybe I should amend my lazy ass cooking title to include white trash? :? ;) :lol:

I've got the brown sugar but rosemary?? Pshaw! Who has THAT? ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:54 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Image[/quote]

This right here is why you guys are some of my favorite people. I am loving all of my flatmates today!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I always TRY to keep fresh herbs on-hand (ALWAYS flat leaf parsley, at a minimum) but I am not always successful. :|
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

quote="lori_seals"]
JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:

Image[/quote]

Image[/quote]
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Gianna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:57 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

And I haven't anyone use "P'shaw" in forever. Love! :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:57 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
I can always send you a few quick and easy recipes that I make if you want.

I would LOVE that GG! we think McDonald's is heaven around here, & we eat a lot of junk food :oops: we don't eat fish hardly at all, only b/c I have no idea how to prepare it :? same with veggies :roll: so we end up eating a lot of chicken, some beef, and a TON of starch :| [/quote]

I'm ba-a-ack! Dinner was glorious, and really easy. Only 10 mins prep too. Nom nom.

No problem, I will sort some out for you. It'll take me a while, as the kids have just broken up for Easter and they don't go back until 15th April, but I'll definitely get some of my staple meals out and email them to you. PM me your email address and I'll get on it.

I'd feel ill if I didn't have my 5 a day, as my skin and hair would go dull and I'd be knackered. Plus, it helps with my R.A because if I don't eat right, my body rebels. :lol: :lol: :lol: Also I don't de-bone my fish or anything. I buy it already prepped as I'd hate to do it wrong and someone choke on a fish bone, but I'll add stuff to it and cook it so that it tastes nice.

Most of my meals are reasonably cheap to make too. :D :D :D Have I said before that I'm a pauper?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm

lori_seals wrote:I don't know about kel but I DO!!

OK Lori, I'll send you some too. :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats