Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Crush Crush

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm

JodieO wrote:
Yeah, that's why I like Mrs. Dash. I can feel like I'm cooking without actually putting in the effort. Here's my no-fail chicken recipe:
Put chicken in a pan.
Squeeze some lemon juice over it.
Sprinkle on a good coating of Mrs. Dash
Maybe add some parmesean cheese if I have it.
Cook.

DONE. Of course I don't have anyone else to worry about, but the cats beg for food a lot...

Here's my no-fail beef recipe for when I can't cook on the grill:
Put meat in a pan
Squeeze lime juice over it
Sprinkle on some garlic salt
Cook.
DONE.

I taught Brittany that recipe a couple weeks ago. She said "It never would have occurred to me that I could just put meat in a pan and, you know, cook it. I thought you had to DO stuff to it..."

No effort recipes are the best! :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:Brown sugar and rosemary!? That's going well beyond my ingredients list. And I don't own fancy things like pots with covers. Maybe I should amend my lazy ass cooking title to include white trash? :? ;) :lol:

I've got the brown sugar but rosemary?? Pshaw! Who has THAT? ;)

I always TRY to keep fresh herbs on-hand (ALWAYS flat leaf parsley, at a minimum) but I am not always successful. :|

I grow fresh herbs in the spring and they last thru the first frost. Except for this year-the hurricane destroyed it all. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

And I haven't anyone use "P'shaw" in forever. Love! :D

Mwah!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:I don't know about kel but I DO!!

OK Lori, I'll send you some too. :D :D :D

Thank you! I need to start improving my cooking skills so that Chris doesn't put me totally to shame! :lol:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:05 pm

guitargirl wrote:

I could use some easy cheap recipes too.

Last night because it's Passover I made matzagna. Just like lasagna but with matzah in place of the noodles and just some adjustment for Kosher for Passover cheeses. Once again super easy and delish.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:like I said, I knew I would probably stand alone with my opinion on this :P I'm just generally not a fan of the celebrity fragrance commercials *shrugs* (the print ads are okay) I've always felt that they are selling-out a bit when they do them, b/c they are doing it for money/exposure. it's not like they're approached with a script and then they sign on, & half of them don't even like the product they're pushing :roll: I would just be disappointed that Rob would agree to promoting the "skin" image. we drool over him and swoon at the pretty, but he's always seemed highly uncomfortable with that himself, so why would he essentially now be encouraging it all of a sudden? if it's a print ad that shows him in a suit, or even in an intimate position but with casual clothes (half) on :twisted: then I would be okay with that; but a commercial with him rolling around on the beach or getting lost in the sheets, not so much :? just my personal preference ;)

I think I get what you mean and I think I agree. Like, if Rob were to do a commercial for Dior without wearing ANY of their products or just running around all sexy naked, he'd be buying into that whole "heart throb" thing that he's tried to hard to avoid. I agree that would be a bit out of character for him, since he wants to be taken for a serious actor. However, Rob can do sensual like NOBODY'S business and I could totally see him pulling off a fragrance ad or one of those Dior "Lifestyle" type ads that someone mentioned. So although I would think a bit less of him for caving to being famous for his looks I'm also a little "yes, yes, YES!"

Just don't do this Rob, please.

Eh, I don't see any big problem with this, though I'll admit I'm a little snobby about endorsements. It's my understanding that actors often do commercials overseas rather than in the US because no one over there really gives a shit. It doesn't bother me if a celebrity is going to be the face of a fashion house of some sort no matter how 'arty' or clothed he or she is. My problem would be if someone was doing a commercial for a product you KNOW they don't use (like all those actresses who do commercials for boxed hair color. AS. IF.) or for products that are potentially dangerous to a person's health which you know they don't use (I'm looking at YOU, Trimspa!), and I have a special seething rage for heavy actresses who do weight-loss commercials and talk about how miserable and worthless their lives were when they were heavier. THANKS, BITCHES! But yeah, I've got no problem with Dior.

Kelbel, would you feel differently if Ron was just lending his voice to commercials rather than physically appearingin them? ;)

You mean the Robert Pattinson line of exercise equipment wouldn't seem legit to you?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My main concern is that if Ron were to do a Brad Pitt-esqe fragrance ad, I think it would obliterate the last of my mojo. And then I'd have to move on to a Dwarf or something to google all day.

Never thought I'd type out that sentence.

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I would LOVE that GG! we think McDonald's is heaven around here, & we eat a lot of junk food :oops: we don't eat fish hardly at all, only b/c I have no idea how to prepare it :? same with veggies :roll: so we end up eating a lot of chicken, some beef, and a TON of starch :|

Come over some sunday I'm giving Britt a lazy ass cooking lesson. We watch RA tv while we eat! Dinner and a show! I'm too lazy to follow recipes so I tend to make stuff up as I go along and it's usually pretty good.

Fish: If you are going to use a lighter fish like trout or tilapia then I usually rinse it off under the tap and toss it in a frying pan with some Pam and then I sprinkle on some Fish-Fri (or get Harry Clearwater's if you can) and fry it until the fish is opaque and flaky. I'll usually spray some Pam on the top to moisten the coating and then flip it over to crisp up the top a little. If it's something heavier like salmon or swordfish I usually cram it in the oven with some butter and lemon juice and some sort of herb blend that comes in a shaker.

I experimented with green beans when I was cooking for Brittany and I actually quite liked them. I tossed them into a skillet with some fresh chopped garlic and some olive oil and cooked them on medium heat until I got tired of cooking them. The garlic burnt a bit and the beans blackened a little, but they were still really firm as if they had been steamed. After pouring them into a bowl I tossed them with some parmesean cheese. I was a bit worried about them being half burnt and half raw, but they were actually super yummy with a slight smoky flavor.

This sounds delicious! I love green beans. To stop the garlic burning just add it to the pan a little later, or turn the heat down a bit. I'll steam them, and add a bit of garlic and olive oil (or even garlic butter if I've made some.) We love them a bit crunchy.

I'd like to know what Pam is as I've never heard of that either, but I also cook salmon and swordfish with butter and lemon and wrap it in foil. Yummy.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Oooooo I've gotten really good at green beans. Make them just as you have but add a little bit of water and cover it so they steam a bit for 10 min or so and add a little BROWN SUGAR and rosemary. OH MY GOD. Seriously.

Brown sugar and rosemary!? That's going well beyond my ingredients list. And I don't own fancy things like pots with covers. Maybe I should amend my lazy ass cooking title to include white trash? :? ;) :lol:

Ha! Then put a plate over it. And if not the rosemary then seriously the brown sugar. It's SO GOOD. Just a little bit.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm

kelbel75 wrote:the fish suggestion is the kind of detailed instruction that I need! when cooking beef, what kind? what cut? cooking beef intimidates the hell out of me :oops: whereas chicken, I prefer the white-meat, so "breast" bam, no guesswork :roll: and I actually do cook my green beans that way! I like them when they're burnt :D one day I just bought some in the produce dep't, thought "hmm, I could probably fry these in butter or something, huh?" added some spices, and it turned out pretty good! 8-) the kids don't like them, of course :roll: but I very rarely am brave enough (or creative enough) to try something without a recipe...unless we're low on food & I just throw what we have in a pan :P I made perogies (the frozen kind, don't tell my polish grandma ;) ) that way one day, by covering them with a veggie and smoked sausage mixture I fried up in the frying pan; the kids liked it, so it's a repeat :P [/color]

Kel, I got my kids trying all kinds of veg by growing it. Then I got them to do lots of fun things with them. I'd get them to chop up cucumber and put it in a salad along with strawberries, grapes and kiwi. We'd make soup, or grow peppers and put them in fajitas. If the kids prepare the food, they usually eat it. :twisted:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:12 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:the fish suggestion is the kind of detailed instruction that I need! when cooking beef, what kind? what cut? cooking beef intimidates the hell out of me :oops: whereas chicken, I prefer the white-meat, so "breast" bam, no guesswork :roll: and I actually do cook my green beans that way! I like them when they're burnt :D one day I just bought some in the produce dep't, thought "hmm, I could probably fry these in butter or something, huh?" added some spices, and it turned out pretty good! 8-) the kids don't like them, of course :roll: but I very rarely am brave enough (or creative enough) to try something without a recipe...unless we're low on food & I just throw what we have in a pan :P I made perogies (the frozen kind, don't tell my polish grandma ;) ) that way one day, by covering them with a veggie and smoked sausage mixture I fried up in the frying pan; the kids liked it, so it's a repeat :P [/color]

I'll teach you lazy ass cooking if you cook me pierogis! NOM NOM NOM!

As for beef I have no clue what cuts I use... boneless kind... I tend to go for thicker cut steaks and/or the strip kind. Grilling tips they might be called? I just look for what is inexpensive, but still well-marbled.

THIS. Boneless meat cooks quicker and is more versatile.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm

guitargirl wrote:
This sounds delicious! I love green beans. To stop the garlic burning just add it to the pan a little later, or turn the heat down a bit. I'll steam them, and add a bit of garlic and olive oil (or even garlic butter if I've made some.) We love them a bit crunchy.

I'd like to know what Pam is as I've never heard of that either, but I also cook salmon and swordfish with butter and lemon and wrap it in foil. Yummy.

Pam is a non-stick cooking spray.

With the salmon try including in your packet onion and tomatoes with the lemon. I make it like that.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Gianna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
You mean the Robert Pattinson line of exercise equipment wouldn't seem legit to you?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My main concern is that if Ron were to do a Brad Pitt-esqe fragrance ad, I think it would obliterate the last of my mojo. And then I'd have to move on to a Dwarf or something to google all day.

Never thought I'd type out that sentence.

Who the hell is googling a dwarf? *shifty eyes*. I can't help it - it comes up when I search! :D :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Okay Rob pictures that reflect my mood:

I don't want to take a shower but I should:

My back kinda hurts, I should stretch.

And I'm hungry enough to eat my hand as well. But I have no food. I really want some fucking green beans!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

guitargirl wrote:This sounds delicious! I love green beans. To stop the garlic burning just add it to the pan a little later, or turn the heat down a bit. I'll steam them, and add a bit of garlic and olive oil (or even garlic butter if I've made some.) We love them a bit crunchy.

The burnt garlic was what made it good!

Pam is just a cooking spray. Keeps things from sticking to the pans and doesn't add a lot of fat or calories. I shudder to think what it's made from, but it works well enough.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

guitargirl wrote:THIS. Boneless meat cooks quicker and is more versatile.

And there's nothing for the cats to steal out of the trash... ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:THIS. Boneless meat cooks quicker and is more versatile.

And there's nothing for the cats to steal out of the trash... ;)

Except for the bits of fat that I obsessively trim off after its cooked.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote: Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle?

Maybe his name would be publicly attached, maybe not. When I see a commercial I know they are not real people but actors just acting from a script. When I hear a voiceover, I don't "see" the acting but I hear the voice and it feels to me more like the voiceover person is endorsing the product. I may not be explaining this clear enough but that's just how I feel. Not saying you are right or wrong, it's just how I feel about the issue. It's an opinion-that's all.

Image[/quote]

Image[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:23 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Oooooo I've gotten really good at green beans. Make them just as you have but add a little bit of water and cover it so they steam a bit for 10 min or so and add a little BROWN SUGAR and rosemary. OH MY GOD. Seriously.

Brown sugar and rosemary!? That's going well beyond my ingredients list. And I don't own fancy things like pots with covers. Maybe I should amend my lazy ass cooking title to include white trash? :? ;) :lol:

Me. :oops: :oops: :oops: I've got a Belfast sink in my garden I use as a herb planter. :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm

OH GOD. Coworker is talking a mile a minute about curtain rods and her hair and the following gif is reflecting my current mood:

And this is the expression I'm making so she thinks I'm listening:

Though I also spend a lot of time looking like this:

Thank goodness for you guys. Seriously.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

I could use some easy cheap recipes too.

Last night because it's Passover I made matzagna. Just like lasagna but with matzah in place of the noodles and just some adjustment for Kosher for Passover cheeses. Once again super easy and delish.

BB I think you're probably a better cook than me. :lol: :lol: :lol: My food isn't fancy. Its just fresh and tasty. :lol: :oops: :oops:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 pm

OH MY GOD WHO NEEDS TO GOOGLE DWARVES IT'S THURSDAY YAY! (even though the epis lately have sucked dwarf balls, Damon is still lovely...My interest in this show is dwarfed in comparison to epis earlier in the season. Damon dwarfs Matt on the hotness scale. :D :D :D :D Onward)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Ha! Then put a plate over it. And if not the rosemary then seriously the brown sugar. It's SO GOOD. Just a little bit.

I will try this on Easter Sunday with my roast lamb.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Kay Kay wrote:OH MY GOD WHO NEEDS TO GOOGLE DWARVES IT'S THURSDAY YAY! (even though the epis lately have sucked dwarf balls, Damon is still lovely...My interest in this show is dwarfed in comparison to epis earlier in the season. Damon dwarfs Matt on the hotness scale. :D :D :D :D Onward)

UGH. That's for damn sure. I kind of just want to watch a DVD and have someone let me know when the show starts getting interesting again.

BTW, punk Damon was total fail. It was like what your grandpa who is an ex-Abercrombie model thinks punks dress like. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm

quote="guitargirl"]
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image[/quote]
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Pam is a non-stick cooking spray.

With the salmon try including in your packet onion and tomatoes with the lemon. I make it like that.

Ahh, its the same as our Fry Light. Thanks.

Another lovely way to east salmon is to wrap it in foil with a bit of lemon or lime. Then in a cup put a spoon of honey, soy sauce, a squeeze of lime and grate in some fresh ginger (I keep my ginger in the freezer so I always have it in. You can grate it from frozen.) Heat it up in the microwave for 20 seconds and pour over the fish. My kids ADORE this.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats