Image[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Re: Crush Crush

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:This sounds delicious! I love green beans. To stop the garlic burning just add it to the pan a little later, or turn the heat down a bit. I'll steam them, and add a bit of garlic and olive oil (or even garlic butter if I've made some.) We love them a bit crunchy.

I'd like to know what Pam is as I've never heard of that either, but I also cook salmon and swordfish with butter and lemon and wrap it in foil. Yummy.

The burnt garlic was what made it good!

Pam is just a cooking spray. Keeps things from sticking to the pans and doesn't add a lot of fat or calories. I shudder to think what it's made from, but it works well enough.

Hee. I love garlic in any shape or form. Vampires would hate me. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

guitargirl wrote:Ahh, its the same as our Fry Light. Thanks.

Another lovely way to east salmon is to wrap it in foil with a bit of lemon or lime. Then in a cup put a spoon of honey, soy sauce, a squeeze of lime and grate in some fresh ginger (I keep my ginger in the freezer so I always have it in. You can grate it from frozen.) Heat it up in the microwave for 20 seconds and pour over the fish. My kids ADORE this.

I buy mine in a jar already grated... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:THIS. Boneless meat cooks quicker and is more versatile.

And there's nothing for the cats to steal out of the trash... ;)

Except for the bits of fat that I obsessively trim off after its cooked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: My youngest is also a fat Nazi, and Chester won't eat 'people' food, unless it's fish.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 pm

JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote: Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here. I think it would be worse. By using his voice he is actually endorsing the product and not just a paid actor acting in a commercial. ]

but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle?

Maybe his name would be publicly attached, maybe not. When I see a commercial I know they are not real people but actors just acting from a script. When I hear a voiceover, I don't "see" the acting but I hear the voice and it feels to me more like the voiceover person is endorsing the product. I may not be explaining this clear enough but that's just how I feel. Not saying you are right or wrong, it's just how I feel about the issue. It's an opinion-that's all.

Image[/quote]
were we fighting BB? I wasn't aware :? damn, if I knew, I would have been bitchier ;) :P

I do see what you're saying tho :D the "scene" you're seeing, you know is not real; whereas the voice you're hearing seems like it's talking to you & trying to get you to approve of the product, thus they must believe in the product themselves ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:39 pm

JodieO wrote:

Another lovely way to east salmon is to wrap it in foil with a bit of lemon or lime. Then in a cup put a spoon of honey, soy sauce, a squeeze of lime and grate in some fresh ginger (I keep my ginger in the freezer so I always have it in. You can grate it from frozen.) Heat it up in the microwave for 20 seconds and pour over the fish. My kids ADORE this.

Equally good! I'm happy to cut ANY corner. :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Ack I keep forgetting!

We are crunking Pitch Perfect tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be acca-awesome! It has our lovely, wonderful, hilarious, Twi scene-stealer of Anna Kendrick! It should start at about 7pm Pacific Time. 10 pm for the rest of you. I have one digital copy to the first person to PM me.

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:40 pm

guitargirl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: My youngest is also a fat Nazi, and Chester won't eat 'people' food, unless it's fish.

Mine used to not like people food. They'd beg for it, but then if I gave it to them they'd act like I was trying to poison them and would try to bury it. Except for that time I accidentally left a box of bbq wing bones on the table when I went to bed and got up the next morning to find them all over my carpet gnawed cleaner than cow bones in the dessert. :? :? :? :oops: :oops: :oops:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Ack I keep forgetting!

We are crunking Pitch Perfect tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be acca-awesome! It has our lovely, wonderful, hilarious, Twi scene-stealer of Anna Kendrick! It should start at about 7pm Pacific Time. 10 pm for the rest of you. I have one digital copy to the first person to PM me.

HOLY FUCK! Tomorrow is friday?! Errr.. I'm not sure my DVD will be here by then... Lemme check around and make sure there isn't anywhere else I can rent it from via internet..
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:43 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image

were we fighting BB? I wasn't aware :? damn, if I knew, I would have been bitchier ;) :P

I do see what you're saying tho :D the "scene" you're seeing, you know is not real; whereas the voice you're hearing seems like it's talking to you & trying to get you to approve of the product, thus they must believe in the product themselves ;)

Hee! If I thought you two were really fighting over celebrity advertisements I'd have told you both to knock it off and grow up rather than post a funny gif. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 pm

JodieO wrote:

I made this joke last week BUT I don't care.

I prefer to have my Ginger sweaty and out of breath.

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:And there's nothing for the cats to steal out of the trash... ;)

Except for the bits of fat that I obsessively trim off after its cooked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: My youngest is also a fat Nazi, and Chester won't eat 'people' food, unless it's fish.

mr.kb gets so mad when I "trim" the meat b/c he says I end up throwing away half of the good parts. I just want to be absolutely sure that I got rid of it, b/c if I bite into a piece of fat/gristle, I am DONE! :shock: I physically can not continue eating after that, b/c my stomach will roll; it's a psychological thing :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby lori_seals » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm

kelbel75 wrote:mr.kb gets so mad when I "trim" the meat b/c he says I end up throwing away half of the good parts. I just want to be absolutely sure that I got rid of it, b/c if I bite into a piece of fat/gristle, I am DONE! :shock: I physically can not continue eating after that, b/c my stomach will roll; it's a psychological thing :roll:

I'm with you, Kel. Ick.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: My youngest is also a fat Nazi, and Chester won't eat 'people' food, unless it's fish.

Mine used to not like people food. They'd beg for it, but then if I gave it to them they'd act like I was trying to poison them and would try to bury it. Except for that time I accidentally left a box of bbq wing bones on the table when I went to bed and got up the next morning to find them all over my carpet gnawed cleaner than cow bones in the dessert. :? :? :? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Your pusscats Like it spiceh!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I made this joke last week BUT I don't care.

I prefer to have my Ginger sweaty and out of breath.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I just spent the last two hours cleaning my daughter's room, & the toy-room :roll: why is she such a slob? she's 8 years old! and my son, who just turned 13, is the opposite :? that's my fault tho, when he was young I was an OCD freak about his toys :oops: then once the second one came along, I was too tired to give a shit :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:56 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:but his name would not be publicly attached to it, whereas an acting/modeling job would make him publicly recognized & associated with that product; so I would say the acting would be endorsing it more than the voice would. voice work is still a job you're getting paid for; I don't understand the "just a paid actor acting" angle?

Maybe his name would be publicly attached, maybe not. When I see a commercial I know they are not real people but actors just acting from a script. When I hear a voiceover, I don't "see" the acting but I hear the voice and it feels to me more like the voiceover person is endorsing the product. I may not be explaining this clear enough but that's just how I feel. Not saying you are right or wrong, it's just how I feel about the issue. It's an opinion-that's all.

[/quote]

LOL Kel. This is why I posted this gif under the cat fight which nobody saw because I thought we were having a rational intelligent conversation.

And Kel you made my point for me better than I did.

But some people want to stir up the drama. I thought this was a drama free zone. LOL

We need a group hug.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:59 pm

lori_seals wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:mr.kb gets so mad when I "trim" the meat b/c he says I end up throwing away half of the good parts. I just want to be absolutely sure that I got rid of it, b/c if I bite into a piece of fat/gristle, I am DONE! :shock: I physically can not continue eating after that, b/c my stomach will roll; it's a psychological thing :roll:

I'm with you, Kel. Ick.

Uh huh. I'm thisclose to being a vegetarian- I'm very peevish about my meat (heh). I wont eat drumsticks b/c I stop when I see a vein or the bone marrow. Can't eat ribs. Wont eat fish because of the smell. If the steak is bloody I can't eat it. Pretty much anything that reminds me that what I'm eating was probably walking around a week ago and I am legit gnawing on dead flesh like a zombie then I stop eating. Thus I only eat boneless skinless chicken breast, ground beef, and turkey bacon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:were we fighting BB? I wasn't aware :? damn, if I knew, I would have been bitchier ;) :P

LOL Kel. This is why I posted this gif under the cat fight which nobody saw because I thought we were having a rational intelligent conversation.

And Kel you made my point for me better than I did.

But some people want to stir up the drama. I thought this was a drama free zone. LOL

We need a group hug.

If you two want to watch Pitch Perfect with me tomorrow, you'll be able to add "Pitch Slapped" to your vocabulary.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:

JodieO said she was only kidding :D people just always seem to bring out the popcorn gifs when I'm around...*scratches head* ( :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I just spent the last two hours cleaning my daughter's room, & the toy-room :roll: why is she such a slob? she's 8 years old! and my son, who just turned 13, is the opposite :? that's my fault tho, when he was young I was an OCD freak about his toys :oops: then once the second one came along, I was too tired to give a shit :lol:

I was a slob until I got to college. It is impossible to be messy in a teeny tiny dorm room. (well, and not be an asshole room mate, that is). Hopefully she'll grow out of it like I did. (Though if you ask Mr. KK who the slob is he'll say me but he's delusional.)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:05 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Equally good! I'm happy to cut ANY corner. :D :D

I make something similar. I rubbed garlic on the salmon, then chop it up and put it on the salmon. Cover it with soy sauce and let it marinate. Dump the marinade and cover it with duck sauce. Let it bake for 10 minutes and then cover it with honey mustard. Keep basting with the sauce until it's fully cooked.

I love ginger but my family hates it. I also keep it in the freezer because is the easiest way to grate the ginger. And it saves you from throwing it out because it's not used that often and you are usually forced to by a whole piece at a time.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:

JodieO said she was only kidding :D people just always seem to bring out the popcorn gifs when I'm around...*scratches head* ( :P )

I know but I like to bust balls too.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

I'm with you, Kel. Ick.

Uh huh. I'm thisclose to being a vegetarian- I'm very peevish about my meat (heh). I wont eat drumsticks b/c I stop when I see a vein or the bone marrow. Can't eat ribs. Wont eat fish because of the smell. If the steak is bloody I can't eat it. Pretty much anything that reminds me that what I'm eating was probably walking around a week ago and I am legit gnawing on dead flesh like a zombie then I stop eating. Thus I only eat boneless skinless chicken breast, ground beef, and turkey bacon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES! to all of the above :D :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
lori_seals wrote:[quote="kelbel75"
mr.kb gets so mad when I "trim" the meat b/c he says I end up throwing away half of the good parts. I just want to be absolutely sure that I got rid of it, b/c if I bite into a piece of fat/gristle, I am DONE! :shock: I physically can not continue eating after that, b/c my stomach will roll; it's a psychological thing :roll: [/quote

I'm with you, Kel. Ick.

YES! to all of the above :D :lol:

Y'all are weird.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats