Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Crush Crush

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 am

kelbel75 wrote:Twilight confession time:

-my DH asked me if I wanted to buy BD2 to complete my collection...I said no :shock:
-I've never liked NM, & only have the dvd b/c BFF gave it to me :|
-DH bought me the Eclipse dvd, in the snazzy packaging, for x-mas one year...I've never watched it :oops:
-I started reading the TN breakdown of the BD2 commentary, but found myself just not caring after the third paragraph, so I quit :?

consolation: I still love the first "twilight" movie, & the Edward cuteness in BD1 :D

Yeah... I own the first 3 and I think I've only watched Eclipse once because bestie hadn't seen it. I had a TOTALLY LEGAL copy of BD1 that BB sent me, but I kind of didn't even like having it in the house so I gave it to my niece when she said that she hadn't seen it yet. I was like "Here, have this. No, take it. TAKE IT AWAY!"
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am

JodieO wrote:

-my DH asked me if I wanted to buy BD2 to complete my collection...I said no :shock:
-DH bought me the Eclipse dvd, in the snazzy packaging, for x-mas one year...I've never watched it :oops:
-I started reading the TN breakdown of the BD2 commentary, but found myself just not caring after the third paragraph, so I quit :?

consolation: I still love the first "twilight" movie, & the Edward cuteness in BD1 :D

Yeah... I own the first 3 and I think I've only watched Eclipse once because bestie hadn't seen it. I had a TOTALLY LEGAL copy of BD1 that BB sent me, but I kind of didn't even like having it in the house so I gave it to my niece when she said that she hadn't seen it yet. I was like "Here, have this. No, take it. TAKE IT AWAY!"

So my confession is that since I have the first 4 Twi movies, I need to have the last one. The set must be complete. :oops: :oops: Mr. A knows this. He is just glad that I don't need the boxed set. So he was at Target last week to buy the Wreck It Ralph DVD for the kids and he bought BD2 for me. When I got home from work, he handed it to me and said that he hoped that it was worth the dignity that he had to sacrifice when it bought it. Apparently he easily found the DVD for the kids, but when he was looking for BD2 a Target guy in the video section asked if he could help him find anything. Silly Mr. A said he was looking for BD2. Target guy smirked at him. Then the checkout lady looked up as him with a funny look as she rang up BD2. He said he felt like he was being judged. :lol: :lol:

It is still sitting on the counter in the wrapping. I haven't even touched it yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 am

OH! I just noticed that I have a new status. I just hope that I don't have to wear some weird Anne of Green Gables getup when I run with vampires. :?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 am

Alexandra wrote:OH! I just noticed that I have a new status. I just hope that I don't have to wear some weird Anne of Green Gables getup when I run with vampires. :?

I'd wear any Anne getup if it meant Gilbert Blythe would come running up...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am

Happy Monday!

I too have a twi confession. :? BD2 came out today here in the UK, and I just walked past it in the supermarket and figured I'll maybe get it when it goes on sale. I detested the whole of Breaking Dawn (book and film) as it never made sense to me why Bella had to have a baby. It ruined the series/romance for me. :roll: The thought of having a baby at 18/19 is just hideous IMO and pissed me the hell off. However, like Alex, I'll probably end up buying it just so that I have the set. :roll:

I think I realised a long time ago that I prefer Rob to Edward. However, that 'fondness' waned a lot when I found I could no longer google his name without his co-star popping up. Kind of like the girlie version of brewers droop. :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am

guitargirl wrote:Happy Monday!

I too have a twi confession. :? BD2 came out today here in the UK, and I just walked past it in the supermarket and figured I'll maybe get it when it goes on sale. I detested the whole of Breaking Dawn (book and film) as it never made sense to me why Bella had to have a baby. It ruined the series/romance for me. :roll: The thought of having a baby at 18/19 is just hideous IMO and pissed me the hell off. However, like Alex, I'll probably end up buying it just so that I have the set. :roll:

I think I realised a long time ago that I prefer Rob to Edward. However, that 'fondness' waned a lot when I found I could no longer google his name without his co-star popping up. Kind of like the girlie version of brewers droop. :lol: :lol:

Yes. BD was my least favorite book and the movies were "Meh." Around here they put it on sale the first week and then the price goes up.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Alexandra wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Happy Monday!

Yes. BD was my least favorite book and the movies were "Meh." Around here they put it on sale the first week and then the price goes up.

I could pick Twi and NM up for about £3 now so I may just wait (a few years.) :lol: :lol: :lol: At the moment BD is £10 so I bought myself a pair of jeans instead. :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am

guitargirl wrote:I could pick Twi and NM up for about £3 now so I may just wait (a few years.) :lol: :lol: :lol: At the moment BD is £10 so I bought myself a pair of jeans instead. :D :D

Speaking of, I may need to speak with you re: picking up some audio books I can't get in the states...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I could pick Twi and NM up for about £3 now so I may just wait (a few years.) :lol: :lol: :lol: At the moment BD is £10 so I bought myself a pair of jeans instead. :D :D

Speaking of, I may need to speak with you re: picking up some audio books I can't get in the states...

Let me know what you need and I'll check them out for you. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Lords of the North. And anything else narrated by Richard Armitage.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

lori_seals wrote:

It's okay, Kel. I still love you. While watching BD2 this weekend, I felt no Rob or Edward mojo tingle. :?

I still enjoy Rob, but it's more like a "you're so cute, let me pinch your cheeks" kind of a deal instead of the previous "I want to snog your face off" :? so I think it's safe to say my "rob mojo" is no more :| it saddens me, but I think we're better off as "friends" anyways; the age gap would've become a problem :geek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: Just what I need, another excuse to stay in and be anti-social.... :?

With WW 3 going on right now though, staying in is not so appealing. :evil:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Alexandra wrote:OH! I just noticed that I have a new status. I just hope that I don't have to wear some weird Anne of Green Gables getup when I run with vampires. :?

I'd wear Anne of Green Gables wear any day to get out of captaining the damn boat. I think I have 200 posts to go. Who set these statuses up anyway?!?
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:

I'd wear Anne of Green Gables wear any day to get out of captaining the damn boat. I think I have 200 posts to go. Who set these statuses up anyway?!?

WE DID!

Except then Moon & UC went and hijacked a few of them...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:15 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image

HELLO!

This one is new to me...

that's b/c they were just "discovered" ;) there are five new ones in all, here

and his is the face I dream of snogging off now 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

WE DID!

Except then Moon & UC went and hijacked a few of them...

how could you possibly forget :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:Lords of the North. And anything else narrated by Richard Armitage.

:lol: :lol: Just what I need, another excuse to stay in and be anti-social.... :?

I listen to them whilst cleaning. It makes me keep cleaning when I would normally give up and get online. But if I get online I stop paying attention to the story. My floors have been washed more times in the past two months than they have in the past 7 years living in this apartment.

If you want to check them out let me know and I'll give you my audible info.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 pm

amynkansas wrote:Image

Not too bad, thanks!! I honestly willingly give up that hour to have more daylight in the evening.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 pm

amynkansas wrote:Image

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

JodieO wrote:

I never did understand the directions they(RAnet) gave for ordering "lords of the north" outside the UK :? the company website says they can't ship it to the US, but if you want to contact them outside of the website by phone, then they can? but you can only order by e-mail...which is connected to the website :shock: (link to wtf I'm talking about)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:Lords of the North. And anything else narrated by Richard Armitage.

I listen to them whilst cleaning. It makes me keep cleaning when I would normally give up and get online. But if I get online I stop paying attention to the story. My floors have been washed more times in the past two months than they have in the past 7 years living in this apartment.

If you want to check them out let me know and I'll give you my audible info.

my DH came home from work the other day and was astounded how much ironing I got done..."yep, I just got motivated" I said innocently :twisted:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm

JodieO wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Image[/quote]

Im on it!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I never did understand the directions they(RAnet) gave for ordering "lords of the north" outside the UK :? the company website says they can't ship it to the US, but if you want to contact them outside of the website by phone, then they can? but you can only order by e-mail...which is connected to the website :shock: (link to wtf I'm talking about)

I know LotN is available on amazon.uk, which I think some flatmates have used before to buy UK editions of books, but I haven't tried ordering. Where they are a bit older I didn't know if a local type store might be a better way to get them than through a big website. I haven't even looked at the RANet instructions... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I still enjoy Rob, but it's more like a "you're so cute, let me pinch your cheeks" kind of a deal instead of the previous "I want to snog your face off" :? so I think it's safe to say my "rob mojo" is no more :| it saddens me, but I think we're better off as "friends" anyways; the age gap would've become a problem :geek:

It's his age I find appealing. :twisted:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats