Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Crush Crush

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm

dancing_echoes wrote: :lol: :lol: Just what I need, another excuse to stay in and be anti-social.... :?

With WW 3 going on right now though, staying in is not so appealing. :evil:

THIS x3!

I'm assuming you mean Dee and Nikki? Oh no, I thought it was starting to go well. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

guitargirl wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I still enjoy Rob, but it's more like a "you're so cute, let me pinch your cheeks" kind of a deal instead of the previous "I want to snog your face off" :? so I think it's safe to say my "rob mojo" is no more :| it saddens me, but I think we're better off as "friends" anyways; the age gap would've become a problem :geek:

It's his age I find appealing. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: I really really tried to have some mojo whilst watching BD2 but it was just gone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Lords of the North. And anything else narrated by Richard Armitage.

Im on it!

Excellent...

PS. I swear I'm not obsessed. I can stop listening any time I want to! I just don't choose to!

STOP JUDGING ME!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:]I could pick Twi and NM up for about £3 now so I may just wait (a few years.) :lol: :lol: :lol: At the moment BD is £10 so I bought myself a pair of jeans instead. :D :D

Speaking of, I may need to speak with you re: picking up some audio books I can't get in the states...

I never did understand the directions they(RAnet) gave for ordering "lords of the north" outside the UK :? the company website says they can't ship it to the US, but if you want to contact them outside of the website by phone, then they can? but you can only order by e-mail...which is connected to the website :shock: (link to wtf I'm talking about)

I know LotN is available on amazon.uk, which I think some flatmates have used before to buy UK editions of books, but I haven't tried ordering. Where they are a bit older I didn't know if a local type store might be a better way to get them than through a big website. I haven't even looked at the RANet instructions... :?[/quote]

I can only find it on Amazon with another narrator. I've found one place that sells it, but I think I can get it cheaper. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I still enjoy Rob, but it's more like a "you're so cute, let me pinch your cheeks" kind of a deal instead of the previous "I want to snog your face off" :? so I think it's safe to say my "rob mojo" is no more :| it saddens me, but I think we're better off as "friends" anyways; the age gap would've become a problem :geek:

It's his age I find appealing. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: I really really tried to have some mojo whilst watching BD2 but it was just gone.

My favourite was the first Twi. After that they dressed Eddie like an old man, and he went way too brooding and mopey. I mean, who seriously would go for a young guy in tweed?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Here's Eddie in the first film.
Delicious, yes?!

To this
He looks like a middle aged man in the last one. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

guitargirl wrote:Here's Eddie in the first film.
Delicious, yes?!

To this

Yes, you're right.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm

guitargirl wrote:My favourite was the first Twi. After that they dressed Eddie like an old man, and he went way too brooding and mopey. I mean, who seriously would go for a young guy in tweed?

Ooohhh... I dunno.. I thought Matthew Crawley was pretty good at rocking his tweeds...

And overcoats, for that matter...

Of course it helps that it's the 1920s there...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

lori_seals wrote:Yes, you're right.

I dont think the amount of lipstick they made him wear helped either. :? Dont get me wrong, I dont mind a bit of make up on a guy, but a dark plum does not work on Rob. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:My favourite was the first Twi. After that they dressed Eddie like an old man, and he went way too brooding and mopey. I mean, who seriously would go for a young guy in tweed?

Ooohhh... I dunno.. I thought Matthew Crawley was pretty good at rocking his tweeds...

And overcoats, for that matter...

Of course it helps that it's the 1920s there...

:lol: :lol: :lol: For the 1920's he was sizzling. :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm

guitargirl wrote:I can only find it on Amazon with another narrator. I've found one place that sells it, but I think I can get it cheaper. :D

Well beans! I could have sworn I'd seen it on amazon. Boo! No worries. If you happen to come across them in your travels snag them and I'll buy them off you. =) I have the 3 Georgette Heyer books and I think the first 3 episodes of Robin Hood are available here. Other than that, I'm Richardless.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 pm

This has been the longest Monday evah.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

lori_seals wrote:This has been the longest Monday evah.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I can only find it on Amazon with another narrator. I've found one place that sells it, but I think I can get it cheaper. :D

Well beans! I could have sworn I'd seen it on amazon. Boo! No worries. If you happen to come across them in your travels snag them and I'll buy them off you. =) I have the 3 Georgette Heyer books and I think the first 3 episodes of Robin Hood are available here. Other than that, I'm Richardless.

Im doing some research now, and I have found them in 2 places, but one is more than twice the price of the other. :shock: Some guy called Jamie is the narrator on Amazon. Other than that it's £22.99 from AudioGo.
http://www.audiogo.com/uk/the-lords-of- ... -gid-11242

I'll keep looking for you though. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote: :lol: :lol: Just what I need, another excuse to stay in and be anti-social.... :?

THIS x3!

I'm assuming you mean Dee and Nikki? Oh no, I thought it was starting to go well. :?

Well, when they are in separate rooms (even with the door open) it's fine. But if Dee tries to do anything, Nikki chases her all over. There is fur everywhere. They haven't hurt each other yet thank god. Today is their first day home alone not separated. Hoping my house survived!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 pm

JodieO wrote:

Replace the dog with a black and white cat and this is what my house is like!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 pm

JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

THIS x3!

Well, when they are in separate rooms (even with the door open) it's fine. But if Dee tries to do anything, Nikki chases her all over. There is fur everywhere. They haven't hurt each other yet thank god. Today is their first day home alone not separated. Hoping my house survived!

Eek. Poor you! I think I'd find that really hard as I hate to see cats fight. :? It sounds like Nikki is getting fit in the process. :) Hang on in there.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:02 pm

JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love kitty gifs.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:03 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Im doing some research now, and I have found them in 2 places, but one is more than twice the price of the other. :shock: Some guy called Jamie is the narrator on Amazon. Other than that it's £22.99 from AudioGo.

Maybe that's where I had seen it... :? Anyway, still no biggie. If you find it in the bargain bin somewhere then that's all good, but don't knock yourself out or anything.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Maybe that's where I had seen it... :? Anyway, still no biggie. If you find it in the bargain bin somewhere then that's all good, but don't knock yourself out or anything.[/quote]

I'm going into town at the week, so I shall go bargain hunting. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

guitargirl wrote:I'm going into town at the week, so I shall go bargain hunting. :D

Thanks, GG. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I'm going into town at the week, so I shall go bargain hunting. :D

Thanks, GG. =)

I've found some on ebay. They're from Australia, but much cheaper than here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bernard-CORNW ... 2328515c7c

Even with shipping it may be cheaper. (If it's the same thing as over here.) :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm

GG,

I never asked how your big dinner went? Swimmingly, I'm sure!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:03 pm

guitargirl wrote:Here's Eddie in the first film.
Delicious, yes?!

To this

just another summit error but if someone is suppose to be 17 FORRRRREEEVVVVER, they should have continued to dress him as a 17 year old. Geesh it's hard enough to look 17 when the actor portraying him is 24ish, but putting him in tweed and scarves and blazers didn't help.
Twi is still my favorite and when it's on TV I can't help but watch it. BD was my leaset favorite book but I enjoyed the movies. Eclipse was my favorite book (although it might tie with Twilight) but my least favorite movie (but I was up there when they were filming so it has a special place in my heart). I like NM (and REALLY love the soundtrack) and I went to see it with an old friend whose husband flew her back home for her birthday to go to the midnight showing of it with me and some other girls so that is a good memory that I tack onto the movie...if you know what I mean.

They say that when you fall in love for the first time there is a chemical reaction (or something like that) that happens and when you see your first love...years later, your brain actually remembers and it can trigger the same chemical reaction. I think that's what happened when I read and saw Twilight. I can still get a twinge of that great feeling and I am not one to turn down a good ol' natural high. So maybe it's not exactly the same but I have to take what I can get.
The DH and I fight about half of the year and he is gone a third of the year so I need a gawddamn happy place! and if that comes in the form of a $15 dvd I will take it.

It also comes in the form of food and reading and you guys.... :)
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats