Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:I've just spent way too much time on this site reading about NAIL POLISH:

http://polishpedia.com/

i have only gotten a mani and pedi once before. i thought they were too rough and it hurt. and i smudged my toes before i even got in the car to go home.

Sounds like you went to a sucky place. It shouldn't hurt. :( I still have an owwie from my pedi in January. :x I think you should try it again when you visit Maine.

This! Def try somewhere else.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:08 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:I've just spent way too much time on this site reading about NAIL POLISH:

i have only gotten a mani and pedi once before. i thought they were too rough and it hurt. and i smudged my toes before i even got in the car to go home.

This is Gia reading this....

I am coming to KC right now and we are getting proper mani/pedis!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Gianna wrote:
amynkansas wrote:

This is Gia reading this....

I am coming to KC right now and we are getting proper mani/pedis!

Can I come??? Pretty please?! I love getting mani/pedis but I can't afford them. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: WHERE is that sugar daddy??
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Gianna wrote:Jodie - maybe the giraffes eat the bugs? ;)

giraffes sticking their heads in my window sounds like a nightmare to me, not a fantasy :shock:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:14 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
Gia -Walking Dead talk.
While I agree with you the scenes between Milton and Andrea were terrific (kudos to the actor playing Milton), what the F**K was wrong with Andrea. She could have lived if she didn't spend so much time looking at Milton and not trying hard enough to get the pliers. When she had on hand free, she should have went after Milton. She was so badass, for example she got away from at least walkers when she was by the tree, but she couldn't kill Milton before he bit her. Please. I wasn't sad she bit the bullet, towards the end she was grating on my last nerve (much like Lori did).

Did love how the prision appeared abandoned and then they went all ape-shit on their attackers. The Governour freak out was unexpected. Wanted to see his comeupance, but that will have to wait for next season.

And Karl. Poor Karl. Think big plans are in store for him.

Despite all that, I guess I wanted a bigger cliffhanger, more to look forward to for next season.

I hated Andrea this season, so I was glad to see her go. And what a great way, too. I didn't think much of it when The Gov said he would kill her "one way or the other". FANTASTIC

My issue with what went down at the prison was that I had a heard time buying that after all the training and The Gov getting the crowd all worked up they would be scared away by some sirens and smoke bombs. They were way more prepared for a fight than the prison crew, and I found it hard to believe they would run. But then, I guess they needed a reason for more people to be alive in the end so The Gov could do is thing. That was crazy!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:18 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Can I come??? Pretty please?! I love getting mani/pedis but I can't afford them. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: WHERE is that sugar daddy??

YES! I think we should reserve the entire spa area for an all-flat mani/pedi day.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Yep, what Jodie and Lori said. There shouldn't be any pain involved! I skip the places at the mall, strip malls, etc unless I am just doing an emergency polish change. They can sometimes be sketchy.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:24 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Yep, what Jodie and Lori said. There shouldn't be any pain involved! I skip the places at the mall, strip malls, etc unless I am just doing an emergency polish change. They can sometimes be sketchy.

Those places SCARE the living daylights out of me.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Gianna wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
Gia -Walking Dead talk.
While I agree with you the scenes between Milton and Andrea were terrific (kudos to the actor playing Milton), what the F**K was wrong with Andrea. She could have lived if she didn't spend so much time looking at Milton and not trying hard enough to get the pliers. When she had on hand free, she should have went after Milton. She was so badass, for example she got away from at least walkers when she was by the tree, but she couldn't kill Milton before he bit her. Please. I wasn't sad she bit the bullet, towards the end she was grating on my last nerve (much like Lori did).

Did love how the prision appeared abandoned and then they went all ape-shit on their attackers. The Governour freak out was unexpected. Wanted to see his comeupance, but that will have to wait for next season.

And Karl. Poor Karl. Think big plans are in store for him.

Despite all that, I guess I wanted a bigger cliffhanger, more to look forward to for next season.

I hated Andrea this season, so I was glad to see her go. And what a great way, too. I didn't think much of it when The Gov said he would kill her "one way or the other". FANTASTIC

My issue with what went down at the prison was that I had a heard time buying that after all the training and The Gov getting the crowd all worked up they would be scared away by some sirens and smoke bombs. They were way more prepared for a fight than the prison crew, and I found it hard to believe they would run. But then, I guess they needed a reason for more people to be alive in the end so The Gov could do is thing. That was crazy!

With the prison scene-though they were trained, aside from killing walkers (which most of them never did) their were only a few with real fighting experience. They were people just like us being shoved a gun in their hand and told to fight. Most probably didn't want to but were forced to. That's why I think they hightailed it an ran. They also didn't know what else could have been is store for them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Yeah, that's where I went where they ripped part of my toenail off. Eff that. I'll pay the extra $5 to go to the spa from now on.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

This is available on netflix starting 4/16. It's already set up on my list so hopefully I'll get it soon.

And I'm never sending it back!

Ok, I probably will.

Eventually.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

when she was scrubing and cleaning (my feet were not gross or gnarly) it was just too rough. so was the foot massage. i have tender skin. it was in a strip mall. :( I didn't know where to go.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

THIS. Plus:

my nearly non-existent self esteem is always paranoid that they are talking about me in their native language and I have no idea because I can't understand them.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Gianna wrote:Those places SCARE the living daylights out of me.

THIS. Plus:

my nearly non-existent self esteem is always paranoid that they are talking about me in their native language and I have no idea because I can't understand them.
[/quote]

Get Frank Costanza to go with you.

PS. They are. You KNOW they totally are. I used to go to a Korean place when I lived in NYC and I figured whatever they were saying about me was worth the $25 mani/pedi special. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

JodieO wrote:Get Frank Costanza to go with you.

PS. They are. You KNOW they totally are. I used to go to a Korean place when I lived in NYC and I figured whatever they were saying about me was worth the $25 mani/pedi special. :?

:lol: :lol:

I know *I* would be talking about people if I knew I could get away with it. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Last edited by BrooklynBabe on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:Get Frank Costanza to go with you.

:lol: :lol:

I know *I* would be talking about people if I knew I could get away with it. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Of COURSE, they're talking about everyone. And duh, I would be too.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image

This is available on netflix starting 4/16. It's already set up on my list so hopefully I'll get it soon.

And I'm never sending it back!

Ok, I probably will.

Eventually.

I watched it 3 times the first week I had it :oops: and I swear, everytime that door opened to show Thorin, I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't sigh out loud :lol: I'm quite partial to Fili too, if you haven't guessed that already ;) ("Outlander" fans: if he was taller, I'd so want him to be Jamie 8-) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:THIS. Plus:

Get Frank Costanza to go with you.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:45 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I watched it 3 times the first week I had it :oops: and I swear, everytime that door opened to show Thorin, I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't sigh out loud :lol: I'm quite partial to Fili too, if you haven't guessed that already ;) ("Outlander" fans: if he was taller, I'd so want him to be Jamie 8-) )

I wouldn't kick Kili out of bed for eating crackers.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I watched it 3 times the first week I had it :oops: and I swear, everytime that door opened to show Thorin, I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't sigh out loud :lol: I'm quite partial to Fili too, if you haven't guessed that already ;) ("Outlander" fans: if he was taller, I'd so want him to be Jamie 8-) )

I wouldn't kick Kili out of bed for eating crackers.

I'd go get the crackers for him. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Alexandra wrote:
I'd go get the crackers for him. ;)

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm

There is a meet up thread started with ticket info for Orphans. If you are interested in seeing the show post there ASAP so I can get a headcount prior to buying! Thanks :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

That costume must have weighed a TON.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats