Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:What if you made the brownies from scratch?

Who do you think I am? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better still, get your kids to find a recipe and they can make them.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:50 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Umm, I'm quite sure I don't have the ingredients. :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 pm

lori_seals wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Umm, I'm quite sure I don't have the ingredients. :?[/quote]

I dont think I've ever made brownies myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can open a box.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can open a box.

I get the kids to do the sweet stuff. Once again, child labour wins. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Hee! ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm

GG I'm texting you a photo of me and my little brother raising a glass to you!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:13 pm

JodieO wrote:GG I'm texting you a photo of me and my little brother raising a glass to you!

YAY!!!!!! :D :D My phone doesn't accept photos, but you could send it to my email address. My phone is a dinosaur. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:GG I'm texting you a photo of me and my little brother raising a glass to you!

YAY!!!!!! :D :D My phone doesn't accept photos, but you could send it to my email address. My phone is a dinosaur. :?

DONE. I don't know why I didn't think of that before since I'd already emailed it to myself... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

DONE. I don't know why I didn't think of that before since I'd already emailed it to myself... :?

I am literally squeeing!!!!! That is a beautiful pic Jodes, thank you!!!! :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:I am literally squeeing!!!!! That is a beautiful pic Jodes, thank you!!!! :D :D :D :D

I just got your photo, too! Is there something in the water in England that makes everyone gorgeous, because really now.

I'd like some of that.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Lori - our schools here won't let parents send any "homemade" treats at all. They all have to be individually wrapped, already prepared items like fruit snacks, Rice Krispie treats (the ones you buy already made), etc. And of course, all peanut-free. One of my BFFs just found out her 4 year old is allergic to them...such a pain!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Gianna wrote:Lori - our schools here won't let parents send any "homemade" treats at all. They all have to be individually wrapped, already prepared items like fruit snacks, Rice Krispie treats (the ones you buy already made), etc. And of course, all peanut-free. One of my BFFs just found out her 4 year old is allergic to them...such a pain!

I'm surprised that isn't the case here.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:Lori - our schools here won't let parents send any "homemade" treats at all. They all have to be individually wrapped, already prepared items like fruit snacks, Rice Krispie treats (the ones you buy already made), etc. And of course, all peanut-free. One of my BFFs just found out her 4 year old is allergic to them...such a pain!

I'm surprised that isn't the case here.

It would definitely be easier in terms of prep on the part of the parents!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Cheezus. What a PITA. Know what happened when we brought snacks in from home in my day? The kids who were allergic to shit didn't eat the things they weren't supposed to eat.

Have allergies become that much more horrible in the past 30ish years that you can't walk by a school with a jar of peanut butter without a kid needing an epi pen?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I am literally squeeing!!!!! That is a beautiful pic Jodes, thank you!!!! :D :D :D :D

I just got your photo, too! Is there something in the water in England that makes everyone gorgeous, because really now.

I'd like some of that.

Aw thank you. :oops: :oops: I'd felt really self conscious going out so ended up choosing my comfy clothes. Everyone else was pretty glam, but I guess I'm a jeans, boots and jacket kind of girl. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I'd like some of that.

Aw thank you. :oops: :oops: I'd felt really self conscious going out so ended up choosing my comfy clothes. Everyone else was pretty glam, but I guess I'm a jeans, boots and jacket kind of girl. :D

Jeans, boots, and jackets? Those are my 'dressed up' clothes!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 pm

JodieO wrote:

Cheezus. What a PITA. Know what happened when we brought snacks in from home in my day? The kids who were allergic to shit didn't eat the things they weren't supposed to eat.

Have allergies become that much more horrible in the past 30ish years that you can't walk by a school with a jar of peanut butter without a kid needing an epi pen?

I know!! We were talking about that the other night. Where are all of these crazy allergies coming from?? It makes you wonder if it isn't something with the immunizations or something here, as I was watching something on 60 Minutes about this charity feeding kids in Africa. the basis of the entire program was Peanut butter, and none of the kids were showing allergic reactions. Interesting.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:08 pm

JodieO"[quote="JodieO wrote:

I'd like some of that.

Aw thank you. :oops: :oops: I'd felt really self conscious going out so ended up choosing my comfy clothes. Everyone else was pretty glam, but I guess I'm a jeans, boots and jacket kind of girl. :D[/quote]

Jeans, boots, and jackets? Those are my 'dressed up' clothes![/quote]
Hee, me too. I should have been a man because I never wear dresses, except on holiday.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:09 pm

just popping in to say hello :D I've still been sick with this annoying cold ALL weekend, when I had company; not fun :|

as for the child food allergies: we have some girls in my daughter's girl scout troop who are allergic, so they usually get rice-krispie treats ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I know!! We were talking about that the other night. Where are all of these crazy allergies coming from?? It makes you wonder if it isn't something with the immunizations or something here, as I was watching something on 60 Minutes about this charity feeding kids in Africa. the basis of the entire program was Peanut butter, and none of the kids were showing allergic reactions. Interesting.

Some of them ARE that bad. Thankfully, none in our school. You can still take peanut butter in. But a former co-workers grandson couldn't even be in the same room with peanut butter. :? How do you live like that?? I mean, I'd be freaked out all the time.

back in the day, if you were that allergic you just died and no one knew why. :lol:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm

guitargirl wrote:Hee, me too. I should have been a man because I never wear dresses, except on holiday.

I'm allergic to dresses. ;)
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Gianna wrote:I know!! We were talking about that the other night. Where are all of these crazy allergies coming from?? It makes you wonder if it isn't something with the immunizations or something here, as I was watching something on 60 Minutes about this charity feeding kids in Africa. the basis of the entire program was Peanut butter, and none of the kids were showing allergic reactions. Interesting.

Could also be processed foods and/or scary food additives that are so much more common in the States than other countries. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 pm

lori_seals wrote:Some of them ARE that bad. Thankfully, none in our school. You can still take peanut butter in. But a former co-workers grandson couldn't even be in the same room with peanut butter. :? How do you live like that?? I mean, I'd be freaked out all the time.

back in the day, if you were that allergic you just died and no one knew why. :lol:

Jesus, how DOES he live like that? EVERYTHING was has been processed in a facility that processes peanuts of some sort!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:Some of them ARE that bad. Thankfully, none in our school. You can still take peanut butter in. But a former co-workers grandson couldn't even be in the same room with peanut butter. :? How do you live like that?? I mean, I'd be freaked out all the time.

Jesus, how DOES he live like that? EVERYTHING was has been processed in a facility that processes peanuts of some sort!

I know! poor kid couldn't go anywhere.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats