Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby Gianna » Fri May 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Going to spend 90 hours doing this so i can post something dirty.

I demand a henry cavill room and it will be the best room eva! And i wont even look at a walkie talkie. :shock: :shock: sorry not sorry

ILY
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I love that we are all turning Gia's dream of a house of friendship, cake, and amazement into a glorified brothel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That seems normal.

In other news: Last week at this time, I was on my way to NY to meet up with some awesome ladies. :D This week I am at work without any cake or hot British guys. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: But I did think of Jodie at lunch when I ordered hummus and olives. Yummy. But not the same without Jodie and D_E. :|

This time last week I was in my million dollar taxi on my way into Manhattan.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I miss restaurant hummus. And you and DE, too, I guess. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Going to spend 90 hours doing this so i can post something dirty.

I demand a henry cavill room and it will be the best room eva! And i wont even look at a walkie talkie. :shock: :shock: sorry not sorry

I love that we are all turning Gia's dream of a house of friendship, cake, and amazement into a glorified brothel.

I would be horribly disappointed if you didn't...Duh! :D

I suspect this is exactly what you expected to happen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm

WHY is it only 2:25?? :evil:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

lori_seals wrote:WHY is it only 2:25?? :evil:

I was just thinking the same thing! I thought it had to be at least 4PM!

:cry: :cry:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm

lori_seals wrote:
I suspect this is exactly what you expected to happen.

You might have just seen into my brain.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm

I love the dream house! And spookily my sons boarding house is called "Forum". I doubt they have as much as we would have though!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm

this is cute :D Benedict & Chris Pine on Graham Norton. it's funny at the end when Chris hugs one of Benedict's fans :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 am

Mmmmyello!?

How was everyone's weekends?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

JodieO wrote:Mmmmyello!?

well, we went to the Art museum on Saturday. I was pissed that they had such a small Impressionists section; Pittsburgh and Washington D.C. have spoiled me, I guess :| we made a big mistake in going into the contemporary exhibits :roll: it was so confusing for my kids to know what they could touch and what they couldn't. some displays had the little tape on the floor that said not to go past a certain point, but others didn't. and some were supposed to be interactive, while most weren't ;) my daughter tried to take a drink from a water fountain that was made out of graphite :P but it was hooked to a wall, just around a corner like a real water fountain would be. (& we had to speed walk the kids past the giant crotch-shot of a women :shock: luckily an usher warned us before hand that it was right around the next wall!)

I'm feeling selfish & stabby today :x this does not bode well for mr.kb, who has the day off :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

kelbel75 wrote:

well, we went to the Art museum on Saturday. I was pissed that they had such a small Impressionists section; Pittsburgh and Washington D.C. have spoiled me, I guess :| we made a big mistake in going into the contemporary exhibits :roll: it was so confusing for my kids to know what they could touch and what they couldn't. some displays had the little tape on the floor that said not to go past a certain point, but others didn't. and some were supposed to be interactive, while most weren't ;) my daughter tried to take a drink from a water fountain that was made out of graphite :P but it was hooked to a wall, just around a corner like a real water fountain would be. (& we had to speed walk the kids past the giant crotch-shot of a women :shock: luckily an usher warned us before hand that it was right around the next wall!)

I'm feeling selfish & stabby today :x this does not bode well for mr.kb, who has the day off :?

A water fountain made of graphite? What was that supposed to signify? I don't get modern art. AT ALL. It pisses me off. And I lived with a sculptor for a year... And I was an art major in college...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:25 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

A water fountain made of graphite? What was that supposed to signify? I don't get modern art. AT ALL. It pisses me off. And I lived with a sculptor for a year... And I was an art major in college...

I hate modern art too. it takes no effort and little imagination, generally. it's like the parents who pat their kids on the back & practically give them trophies for just waking up in the morning :roll: the graphite tho was just a whole room of stuff made out of graphite. there was a section of florescent lights hanging from the ceiling, but the bulbs were graphite (thus they didn't actually WORK :? ) and then when my kids found something they actually thought was cool as hell, a ship sculpture made out of small wood pieces like matchsticks that twisted around into diff't shapes, they got yelled at for taking a picture of it! I guess there was no photography allowed on that floor. b/c the ideas are so groundbreaking? yeah, right :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 12:43 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:A water fountain made of graphite? What was that supposed to signify? I don't get modern art. AT ALL. It pisses me off. And I lived with a sculptor for a year... And I was an art major in college...

I hate modern art too. it takes no effort and little imagination, generally. it's like the parents who pat their kids on the back & practically give them trophies for just waking up in the morning :roll: the graphite tho was just a whole room of stuff made out of graphite. there was a section of florescent lights hanging from the ceiling, but the bulbs were graphite (thus they didn't actually WORK :? ) and then when my kids found something they actually thought was cool as hell, a ship sculpture made out of small wood pieces like matchsticks that twisted around into diff't shapes, they got yelled at for taking a picture of it! I guess there was no photography allowed on that floor. b/c the ideas are so groundbreaking? yeah, right :lol:

Yeah, I don't get it. My art teacher friend accuses me of not liking any art that isn't 'pretty', but there are a lot of artists I respect without liking their work. Putting a urinal on a pedestal and making up a bullshit story about how art is to be found in everyday objects annoys me. I agree with the sentiment, but hate the execution. If you have to make up a bullshit story to explain your art, then you aren't doing it right. Art should evoke emotions other than a big fat 'WTF?' We went to a gallery a few months ago where someone had carved blocks of wood and painted it to look like garbage. Like a dented paper towel dispenser or a crumpled up can. They all looked like real garbage and if I hadn't read the little placard that said it was made of wood I wouldn't have known any better, but I also didn't feel anything more than annoyance that someone would spend time doing that.

Shrug. I don't get it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon May 06, 2013 12:54 pm

JodieO wrote:A water fountain made of graphite? What was that supposed to signify? I don't get modern art. AT ALL. It pisses me off. And I lived with a sculptor for a year... And I was an art major in college...

I just typed this post and the Flat ate it. I'm trying one more time . . . .

ALL OF THIS! My bro the art history major explained that the whole point of modern art isn't what it looks like, but how it makes you feel while you are looking at it. Well, it usually pisses me off. Last summer on vacation we were walking all over London and we ended up at the Tate Modern on Sunday afternoon. One of the kids needed to use the restroom and admission was free, so we went in. We went to the floor with the kid area. We walked around briefly to see what was what there, but quickly gave up when a guard got upset that my son wanted to touch a folding metal chair that apparently was not a chair, but a piece of art. Who knew? The one part we did enjoy was an area with a slide that made noises of various musical instruments. The sounds varied by the position the kids slid down in. That amused us for at least 15 minutes. Then we visited the gift shop and got the heck out of there.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/xBzn82lTnQw[/youtube]

Sorry. I can't get it to embed. I give up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't get modern art either. At all. It confuses and annoys me. We have been to Tate Modern as well as the Centre Pompidou in Paris and I wanted to go because I thought maybe it would be different. :roll: I am not sure why I thought it would be any different, but I remember being annoyed that I wasted valuable vacation time on it. :lol:

Working from home today. FINALLY a decent day here...I think it is going to be 70. It rained most all of the weekend so this is awesome.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Oh good gravy. I just opened a can of worms I can't close on Twitter. Some people were trashing Twilight because Bella tried to commit suicide to get Edward's attention. I stuck my nose in and was all 'actually, she wasn't attempting suicide. She's just dumb.' and now people are all "IT'S SUICIDE IF SHE'S DOING UNSAFE THINGS I WAS SUICIDAL WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! LSJLKSDJFL:SKJDF" I even apologized to the suicidal lady and she's all "I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY!" and holy crap I don't even know what to say anymore. :? I'm not even defending Twilight, just pointing out that Bella never made a conscious attempt at suicide.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

JodieO wrote:Oh good gravy. I just opened a can of worms I can't close on Twitter. Some people were trashing Twilight because Bella tried to commit suicide to get Edward's attention. I stuck my nose in and was all 'actually, she wasn't attempting suicide. She's just dumb.' and now people are all "IT'S SUICIDE IF SHE'S DOING UNSAFE THINGS I WAS SUICIDAL WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! LSJLKSDJFL:SKJDF" I even apologized to the suicidal lady and she's all "I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY!" and holy crap I don't even know what to say anymore. :? I'm not even defending Twilight, just pointing out that Bella never made a conscious attempt at suicide.

Apparently I have been absent from Twitter all day. heheheh Good grief people! It's an effing book! And not a well-written one, at that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll

ETA - just had to check it out and...whoa.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:Oh good gravy. I just opened a can of worms I can't close on Twitter. Some people were trashing Twilight because Bella tried to commit suicide to get Edward's attention. I stuck my nose in and was all 'actually, she wasn't attempting suicide. She's just dumb.' and now people are all "IT'S SUICIDE IF SHE'S DOING UNSAFE THINGS I WAS SUICIDAL WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! LSJLKSDJFL:SKJDF" I even apologized to the suicidal lady and she's all "I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY!" and holy crap I don't even know what to say anymore. :? I'm not even defending Twilight, just pointing out that Bella never made a conscious attempt at suicide.

Apparently I have been absent from Twitter all day. heheheh Good grief people! It's an effing book! And not a well-written one, at that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll

Right? I mean, if you are going to hate on Twilight, go for it. But hate on it for what it IS and not what it isn't.

It IS a terrible love story! It is NOT a story about a girl who tried to commit suicide because she wanted attention from a boy.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

Right? I mean, if you are going to hate on Twilight, go for it. But hate on it for what it IS and not what it isn't.

It IS a terrible love story! It is NOT a story about a girl who tried to commit suicide because she wanted attention from a boy.

the fact that you were debating this with NELLIE OLESON makes it priceless :lol:

p.s. lady who doesn't want Jodie's pity: outing yourself as a major depressive who once tried to kill herself by jumping off a cliff and then claiming that anyone who does jump off a cliff is positively doing the same thing: a.) you opened yourself up to pity when you admitted such a personal thing in such a trivial debate b.) add self-involved to that major depressive title; not everyone is like you ;)

and now I'm defending Bella :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 5:12 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:Apparently I have been absent from Twitter all day. heheheh Good grief people! It's an effing book! And not a well-written one, at that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll

the fact that you were debating this with NELLIE OLESON makes it priceless :lol:

p.s. lady who doesn't want Jodie's pity: outing yourself as a major depressive who once tried to kill herself by jumping off a cliff and then claiming that anyone who does jump off a cliff is positively doing the same thing: a.) you opened yourself up to pity when you admitted such a personal thing in such a trivial debate b.) add self-involved to that major depressive title; not everyone is like you ;)

and now I'm defending Bella :roll:

THANK YOU. That was kind of how I felt about it, too!

I don't think Nellie was debating with me, she was more questioning what was going on. It was the other two ladies who were getting all up in my grill about it. Alison is actually pretty cool.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm

my day, summed up in ron gifs:

I didn's sleep well last night. I kept thinking about all the stuff I needed to get done. Woke up very tired.

Only 2 babies to photograph today. Heck ya! I'll be home by 12 and be able to do get ready for trip stuff (or read)

2nd baby wanted to eat and inconvient times (for me) then wanted to cry and scream and then wanted to eat AGAIN. And then when he was done with that (an hour later) the nurse came in to take him to the nursery to have his circ (sore wee wee) checked. They brought him back screaming. 20 minutes later I finally started the pictures but the only time he would wasn't screaming was if he was in him mums arms. So i covered her up with a sheet and she became my backdrop. I finally made it home around 2pm. People, if your kid is making the photogaphers life miserable, let her go home and take a few snaps with your iPhone. Geesh!

Was busy running errands on my way home when a photographer friend called and asked me to help her edit a photo she shot (meaning: can I email this to you and you fix it and then send it back) which typically I don't mind doing but I was feeling a bit stressed.

I have a soccer team to shoot tonight (and tomorrow night and the night after that) I like shooting them and the money is good but I am just so tired and I just don't wanna!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: when I work at the hospital they make me wear proper pants....and a shirt...and a badge...and comfortable shoes.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 pm

i was just browsing the flat and saw a post from a year or so ago. it was a game. this one made me laugh out loud!

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I've never actually read Wuthering Heights, even tho it's been sitting on my bookshelf for ages :roll: so I'll go with Romeo & Juliet; the Leo version ;)

Harry's Fish-Fry or The Cullen's Italiano?

Fish Fry. I don't trust the cooking of people who don't eat.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 am

amynkansas wrote:i was just browsing the flat and saw a post from a year or so ago. it was a game. this one made me laugh out loud!

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I've never actually read Wuthering Heights, even tho it's been sitting on my bookshelf for ages :roll: so I'll go with Romeo & Juliet; the Leo version ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 am

amynkansas wrote:i was just browsing the flat and saw a post from a year or so ago. it was a game. this one made me laugh out loud!

JodieO wrote:

Was this from one of Kelbel's games?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats