Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 am

amynkansas wrote:
guitargirl wrote:My youngest has a friend over for tea, so I have planned for them to make pizza and home made wedges. Woopie-bloody-doo. I think pizza is the most over-rated food on the planet so I am not looking forward to dinner. :( I guess wedges and salad it is.
D

what are "wedges"? you NEED to tell me! i will be in the UK next month and someone might quiz me!!!!

I'm guessing potato wedges?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:55 am

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Happy Friday Peeps.

This is a drive by post, but I wanted to say hello and that I miss you all. My kids still have over a week left of the Easter holidays so I probably wont be able to post much over the next week either. :( :(

My youngest has a friend over for tea, so I have planned for them to make pizza and home made wedges. Woopie-bloody-doo. I think pizza is the most over-rated food on the planet so I am not looking forward to dinner. :( I guess wedges and salad it is.

Hope you all have something much nicer planned for dinner. If you do, I'm envious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, I'm off to chop veg and pineapple and prepare toppings. :?

Have a lovely weekend all. I shall read all of your posts when I have a spare 5. :D :D :D

What? It's like I don't even know you...

What are wedges?

Potato wedges. Potatoes cut into wedges, with herbs and spices, brushed with olive oil and put in the oven. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:57 am

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

This is a drive by post, but I wanted to say hello and that I miss you all. My kids still have over a week left of the Easter holidays so I probably wont be able to post much over the next week either. :( :(

My youngest has a friend over for tea, so I have planned for them to make pizza and home made wedges. Woopie-bloody-doo. I think pizza is the most over-rated food on the planet so I am not looking forward to dinner. :( I guess wedges and salad it is.

Hope you all have something much nicer planned for dinner. If you do, I'm envious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, I'm off to chop veg and pineapple and prepare toppings. :?

Have a lovely weekend all. I shall read all of your posts when I have a spare 5. :D :D :D

What are wedges?

Potato wedges. Potatoes cut into wedges, with herbs and spices, brushed with olive oil and put in the oven. :D

:D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:58 am

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

What are wedges?

MMmmmm....num num num... I ovened up some potatoes last night. Cooked them in the same pan with my steak so they sucked up the steak juices and were so mother effing delicious.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:i love pizza. my favorite brand is still Pizza Hut. Maybe UK pizza is just rubbish and she has never had a real good AMERICAN pizza.

If Pizza Hut is your favorite, then you have never tasted good pizza! ;)

J/K
Sorta.

I have fond memories of Pizza Hut Pizza. We would have it about once a month and it was one of the rare times we would eat a non-homemade meal. and it was before my family exploded.... so don't ruin it for me!!!!!

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby lori_seals » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm

amynkansas wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL!!!!!!! :D

I am in a good mood today...I have a new bag and the weather is going to be nice. I am even making Mr G grill tonight for dinner! Who has fun weekend plans? Anyone?

YAY for nice weather and new bags and Mr. G grilling!!

I'm spending some time (ahem the weekend lol) with Chris. He's spoiling me all weekend. ;) He's making something nice for dinner tonight, he says. and he may or may not have promised me breakfast in bed. :D Tomorrow, maybe a Jeep ride then grilling for dinner tomorrow night!

ILY!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:20 pm

amynkansas wrote:i love pizza. my favorite brand is still Pizza Hut. Maybe UK pizza is just rubbish and she has never had a real good AMERICAN pizza.

I also LOVE pizza. I'd have an affair with it if I could. Well, I guess I could..

like this?

Nahhhh, I don't think it would have the same...feeling.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm

lori_seals wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I also LOVE pizza. I'd have an affair with it if I could. Well, I guess I could..
like this?

please don't do that....plus, sometimes the sauce is really hot. you could get a burn.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby lori_seals » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm

amynkansas wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I also LOVE pizza. I'd have an affair with it if I could. Well, I guess I could..
like this?

please don't do that....plus, sometimes the sauce is really hot. you could get a burn.

lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby BakingNath » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Happy Friday all,
Noo don t speak about pizza... it is almost dinner time and you ll tempt me !!.. :(

It has been soo freaking cool recently that i am slowly going back to hibernating mode (evenings spent on front of the tv wearing several layers of shirts, socks under several blankets ..).... and pizza would be soo good to warn up for dinner (no ! bad idea nath !)
I begins to be reeeaaallly annoying.... when is spring coming ???!!!
This week end i plan to do some "gardening".. i have bought, then built (with a bit of help) a small "vegetable patch box" for my balcony
(real thing pic on my FB , store pic :
in reality the pine wood is raw, i ll have to paint it in a while)
The plan for the week end is to finish it, then fill it with compost and choose what to put in it.. i have soo much ideas (strawberries, cherry tomatoes, carrots, radishes, chives, cilantro...) and it is not that big so i have to really choose.. I am still hesitating buying a table that is built for external usage in order to arrange my balcony and to put some extra plants on it..
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:32 pm

We have Pizza hut here too. I don't mind pizza express pizza's, but I'm a bit meh about them in general. I LOVE italian food, but pizza's not so much. I'd just rather have something else. :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 pm

BakingNath wrote:Happy Friday all,
Noo don t speak about pizza... it is almost dinner time and you ll tempt me !!.. :(

It has been soo freaking cool recently that i am slowly going back to hibernating mode (evenings spent on front of the tv wearing several layers of shirts, socks under several blankets ..).... and pizza would be soo good to warn up for dinner (no ! bad idea nath !)
This week end i plan to do some "gardening".. i have bought, then built (with a bit of help) a small "vegetable patch box" for my balcony
The plan for the week end is to finish it, then fill it with compost and choose what to put in it.. i have soo much ideas (strawberries, cherry tomatoes, carrots, radishes, chives, cilantro...) and it is not that big so i have to really choose.. I am still hesitating buying a table that is built for external usage in order to arrange my balcony and to put some extra plants on it..

How cool is that planter, I love it! Even if its not pink ;)
Muffin was given a giant cabbage seedling to plant for a school contest. Like we have that kind of room in our backyard - ok we do but getting Muffindad to give up his lawn may take an act of God Image

BN, if I were you I'd stick to herbs b/c they keep coming back. My faves are rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, they grow easily and preserve very well (basil I freeze, the rest I dry at the end of the season). Cilantro always like to bolt to seed right away so not my fave to grow. And carrots need deep soil so probably not so good for your planter. But tomatos might do well, just keep in mind how tall they'll grow and if they'll need support. Have Fun!!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:If Pizza Hut is your favorite, then you have never tasted good pizza! ;)

J/K
Sorta.

I have fond memories of Pizza Hut Pizza. We would have it about once a month and it was one of the rare times we would eat a non-homemade meal. and it was before my family exploded.... so don't ruin it for me!!!!!

Hee! Nice memories are nice. I prefer the locally owned type pizza joints. I find the national chain types to taste a bit like freezer pizza. :? Come visit! I'll take you to Pat's Pizza. I'll even take you to the one that doesn't have creepy photos of infants all over the place...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 pm

JodieO wrote:Hee! Nice memories are nice. I prefer the locally owned type pizza joints. I find the national chain types to taste a bit like freezer pizza. :? Come visit! I'll take you to Pat's Pizza. I'll even take you to the one that doesn't have creepy photos of infants all over the place...

Ewww, creepy infant photos at a pizza place?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
JodieO wrote:Hee! Nice memories are nice. I prefer the locally owned type pizza joints. I find the national chain types to taste a bit like freezer pizza. :? Come visit! I'll take you to Pat's Pizza. I'll even take you to the one that doesn't have creepy photos of infants all over the place...

Ewww, creepy infant photos at a pizza place?

Yeah, they were all by the same photographer and there were a few of older children and teenagers, but most of them were of infants. I'm guessing it was some kind of subtle advertising. *shudder*
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 pm

did GG ever tell us what WEDGES were? I'm on pins and needles here!

hope they are nothing like Wedgies...

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Alexandra wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
guitargirl wrote:My youngest has a friend over for tea, so I have planned for them to make pizza and home made wedges. Woopie-bloody-doo. I think pizza is the most over-rated food on the planet so I am not looking forward to dinner. :( I guess wedges and salad it is.
D

what are "wedges"? you NEED to tell me! i will be in the UK next month and someone might quiz me!!!!

I'm guessing potato wedges?

You get the gold star! :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 pm

This is lovely Nat! I'm thinking of painting my summerhouse (Groovygang HQ) blue and going for a beach theme in my garden. All because I miss the sea. :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:06 pm

amynkansas wrote:did GG ever tell us what WEDGES were? I'm on pins and needles here!

I did. Potato wedges. :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

How cool is that planter, I love it! Even if its not pink ;)
Muffin was given a giant cabbage seedling to plant for a school contest. Like we have that kind of room in our backyard - ok we do but getting Muffindad to give up his lawn may take an act of God Image

BN, if I were you I'd stick to herbs b/c they keep coming back. My faves are rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, they grow easily and preserve very well (basil I freeze, the rest I dry at the end of the season). Cilantro always like to bolt to seed right away so not my fave to grow. And carrots need deep soil so probably not so good for your planter. But tomatos might do well, just keep in mind how tall they'll grow and if they'll need support. Have Fun!!

I'll agree with MM. Herbs are easy-at least most of them. Chives is another good one that will come back every year. Cilantro and dill are the hardest to grow. They need a ton of water and shade. I've yet to have them last a whole season. I'm partial to parsley as well, I use a ton of it in my cooking.

As well as painting the wood, I would put a sealer on it as well. Wood does not do well in the elements.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 pm

amynkansas wrote:did GG ever tell us what WEDGES were? I'm on pins and needles here!

Amy, she did:
guitargirl wrote: Potato wedges. Potatoes cut into wedges, with herbs and spices, brushed with olive oil and put in the oven. :D
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

Amy, she did:
guitargirl wrote: Potato wedges. Potatoes cut into wedges, with herbs and spices, brushed with olive oil and put in the oven. :D

:D :D :D Thank you MM.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

I was sitting at my desk talking with a colleague and a great big bald eagle just flew within 10 feet of my window. It was gorgeous!

(I didn't have time to snap a photo, but he looked just like this.)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby BakingNath » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks for all the advices.. i ll most definitely start with herbs, then i ll complete with varying plants..
About painting the planter, they advised me to keep it like it is for a year then paint it... the paint color is a choice that i will have time to make.
I am planning to go to the movies this week end too i was interested on the last french comedy but I just saw another one that i find interesting : Quartet by Dustin Hoffman

As these movies always are released in the us and/or uk before here, did anyone see it ? If yes what did you think of it ?
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 pm

BakingNath wrote:Thanks for all the advices.. i ll most definitely start with herbs, then i ll complete with varying plants..
About painting the planter, they advised me to keep it like it is for a year then paint it... the paint color is a choice that i will have time to make.
I am planning to go to the movies this week end too i was interested on the last french comedy but I just saw another one that i find interesting : Quartet by Dustin Hoffman

As these movies always are released in the us and/or uk before here, did anyone see it ? If yes what did you think of it ?

I haven't seen it yet because I live in a town that mainly only shows blockbuster type movies. Certainly nothing with old people. But I'm dying to see it! I mean come ON! Maggie Smith?? Pauline Colilns?! Billy Connolly! And isn't Billy Nighy in it as well?! Let me know how it is!

I'd suggest a bell pepper plant in your adorable planter. If you like bell peppers, anyway. They don't take up as much room as something like a tomato plant would be and they are pretty while growing. You could even co-plant it with a smaller herb. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats