Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Alexandra wrote:I was sitting at my desk talking with a colleague and a great big bald eagle just flew within 10 feet of my window. It was gorgeous!

(I didn't have time to snap a photo, but he looked just like this.)

Fancy! Best thing we've ever had flying around here is a ginormous dragon fly.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:37 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I was sitting at my desk talking with a colleague and a great big bald eagle just flew within 10 feet of my window. It was gorgeous!

Yay for Bald Eagles.

Boo for Woodpeckers
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:07 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Yay for Bald Eagles.

Boo for Woodpeckers

especially old ones.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Gianna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 pm

amynkansas wrote:Image

I could kiss you square on the mouth for posting this gif...it is my favorite! :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm in an odd ~mood~ So I'm just going to post pictures that make me happy. A combination of cute animals, Ron, and stupid .gifs. Okay? Okay. Also, hello! Have a great weekend!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:30 pm

hahhaha I don't even remember making this
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:38 pm

ImageImage
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Kay Kay wrote:hahhaha I don't even remember making this

These two things just made me laugh so hard it upset the cat.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:43 am

Kay Kay wrote:I'm in an odd ~mood~ So I'm just going to post pictures that make me happy. A combination of cute animals, Ron, and stupid .gifs. Okay? Okay. Also, hello! Have a great weekend!

nothing says "weekend" like an awkward moonwalk.
ily

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:47 am

Kay Kay wrote:Image

cafeteriaward will never get old (see what i did there? edward never ages!)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:53 am

I have a *dumb* question for you all. Since we we sometimes talk about domesticated stuff here.
I just bought a couple new pillows. The labels say they are machine washable and have a symbol for gentle cycle/cold water. :o Never in all my years have ever heard of or attempted to put a pillow in a washing machine. The weekly steam clean in the dryer on high is one thing, but to actually put it in the washing machine?? Has anyone ever done this? Do they turn out all lumpy and soggy, and you can never quite get the stuffing to lay smoothly again? Do they get stinky? Do they take forever to dry afterwards? Do they yellow? Have you ever had the casing tear in the wash and end up with stuffing all over the place?

Ok, that's more than a question. But I'm just totally unfamiliar with a washable pillow and i need trusted advice. Putting pillows in the washing machine just seems so contrary to everything I've ever done.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:18 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:I have a *dumb* question for you all. Since we we sometimes talk about domesticated stuff here.
I just bought a couple new pillows. The labels say they are machine washable and have a symbol for gentle cycle/cold water. :o Never in all my years have ever heard of or attempted to put a pillow in a washing machine. The weekly steam clean in the dryer on high is one thing, but to actually put it in the washing machine?? Has anyone ever done this? Do they turn out all lumpy and soggy, and you can never quite get the stuffing to lay smoothly again? Do they get stinky? Do they take forever to dry afterwards? Do they yellow? Have you ever had the casing tear in the wash and end up with stuffing all over the place?

Ok, that's more than a question. But I'm just totally unfamiliar with a washable pillow and i need trusted advice. Putting pillows in the washing machine just seems so contrary to everything I've ever done.

Can't say that I have either. If the pillow needs t be washed, I usually buy a new one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:22 am

365 DoR-Still from WFE

He was stunning in that movie.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BakingNath » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 am

I just received the invitation for my british friends wedding ... it is soo beautiful.. and i am soo excited.. tough i need some explanation on terms in the invite frim my britsh (& even us) flatmates.
it says : "aperitifs served from 1.45 pm, speeches at 3 pm followed by cold carvery".. does it mean cocktail first, then speeches then cold meat ??? ... it seems bizarre to me as a bbq supper will be provided for the evening...
and what does "carriages at midnight" mean ??
I had planned to not take my car and go there by train+coach but as the distances between the ceremony hall, the reception place and any possible accomodations are a bit longer than i expected .. i am starting to reconsider... but driving on the left scares me.. i do not see myself driving my car from portsmouth to mersea island (passing by London) and not having a breakdown on the way (i guess driving on highways would not be not that much difficult, but i would have to take small roads as well..and those worry me.. a lot..).
I still have a bit of time before needing to book tickets either for train or for boat.
That week end will be really expensive !! In the list of accomodations given with the invite, there are a few B&Bs, a lot of house rentals ,holiday parks with or without static caravans.. and a lot of those places are for several people as 5 or 6.. i hope i will find something suited for 1...
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Rant on. I love my hubby to death but he is an idiot sometimes. We have to get a new roof and they don't make the shingles we used anymore. He dealt with the roofer and they are starting Monday. The roofer came today to sign the contracts. Imagine my surprise when I see that we are getting a grey on grey roof. Right now it is burgundy/grey and I never really cared for it but when we got it, there were limited choices. To say I was annoyed was an understatement. My hubby didn't even think of asking me just went with what the roofer thought would look best. When have I not been consulted on anything. Never. So we had to choose a new color. I got something more in the brownish/reddish family to match the bricks. We also went to look for a new kitchen today and are also having a problem deciding on a color. I was going with a medium brown and he is liking a deep caramel. I hate making decisions. Aargh.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:05 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:I have a *dumb* question for you all. Since we we sometimes talk about domesticated stuff here.

Can't say that I have either. If the pillow needs t be washed, I usually buy a new one.

I wash my pillows every so often, and they turn out fine; I put them in the dryer after too :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Late to post this but whatever.

#365DaysofRob~ Pic of Rob with Tai

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 pm

when i think, wow i need a new pillow I will wash it and hope for the best. it's is never the same again but are still usable and they didn't yellow in the wash. but i don't think they have been washable pillows. have you gone online to amazon or some place where people write reviews? they might learn something from that. I would like to know too then I will go out and buy washable pillows. mine are gross.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:03 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:365 DoR-Still from WFE

He was stunning in that movie.

his look in this movie appeals to me more than any other movie. Remember Me is a close 2nd.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:12 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote: We also went to look for a new kitchen today and are also having a problem deciding on a color. I was going with a medium brown and he is liking a deep caramel. I hate making decisions. Aargh.

i want a new countertop and i want the kitchen cabinets either painted or stained and a new backslash ) CAN YOU SAY 1980'S)...but things are standing in our way.
a) we don't have the money to everything right now and i want it all done at the same time.
b) i am terrible at making decisions
c) when I finally decide that i love something my DH will hate it.

I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReSell store and bought a couple cabinet doors that are just like ours and I plan on palying around with them to see if i can stain them a color that's from this century. (thank you PINTEREST!!)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm

BakingNath wrote:I just received the invitation for my british friends wedding ... it is soo beautiful.. and i am soo excited.. tough i need some explanation on terms in the invite frim my britsh (& even us) flatmates.
it says : "aperitifs served from 1.45 pm, speeches at 3 pm followed by cold carvery".. does it mean cocktail first, then speeches then cold meat ??? ... it seems bizarre to me as a bbq supper will be provided for the evening...
and what does "carriages at midnight" mean ??
I had planned to not take my car and go there by train+coach but as the distances between the ceremony hall, the reception place and any possible accomodations are a bit longer than i expected .. i am starting to reconsider... but driving on the left scares me.. i do not see myself driving my car from portsmouth to mersea island (passing by London) and not having a breakdown on the way (i guess driving on highways would not be not that much difficult, but i would have to take small roads as well..and those worry me.. a lot..).
I still have a bit of time before needing to book tickets either for train or for boat.
That week end will be really expensive !! In the list of accomodations given with the invite, there are a few B&Bs, a lot of house rentals ,holiday parks with or without static caravans.. and a lot of those places are for several people as 5 or 6.. i hope i will find something suited for 1...

I don't know what any of that means.... except for the speeches.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

amynkansas wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote: We also went to look for a new kitchen today and are also having a problem deciding on a color. I was going with a medium brown and he is liking a deep caramel. I hate making decisions. Aargh.

i want a new countertop and i want the kitchen cabinets either painted or stained and a new backslash ) CAN YOU SAY 1980'S)...but things are standing in our way.
a) we don't have the money to everything right now and i want it all done at the same time.
b) i am terrible at making decisions
c) when I finally decide that i love something my DH will hate it.

I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReSell store and bought a couple cabinet doors that are just like ours and I plan on palying around with them to see if i can stain them a color that's from this century. (thank you PINTEREST!!)

Well my parents are paying for my kitchen. My mom had set aside a separate bank acct set up for me for when she passes but said she would rather see me use the money now and it must be used for the kitchen. This happened after she stayed here during the hurricane and saw what a mess everything was. My new roof and all the other work that's going to be done on the house is being paid by the insurance co due to storm damage from the hurricane so it's all good. Otherwise I'd have an old kitchen and a leaky roof.

I've wanted a new countertop from the day it was installed. When I moved the microwave onto the counter-I chipped the counter. It has been bothering me for 24 years.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:38 am

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:Image

I Love the cherry blossoms in Washington DC :D it's one of my fav memories from living there 8-) I also really enjoy the red-buds here in Indiana, which are actually purple ;) it's cool to see them scattered about among the other trees, with that sudden burst of neon color :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats