Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:08 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Whoo hoo! Does he have a brother? I need a new phone!

He does!! Annnnnd he's married with 3 children.

What a tease!

;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

I googled "Richard Armitage America" hoping someone had photoshopped some ridiculous thing with which to celebrate the 4th, but sadly got mostly promo stuff from Captain America and pics of some politician. And strangely enough, a large number of this photo:

Does America have a thumb-sucking fetish?

Handsomest Nazi since Ralph Fiennes.

SADZ

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:03 pm

JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Gianna wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:My naivety is showing. I know, okay? Okay?!

But it totally just occurred Mr. KK and me that we have to pay for this whole baby production. I was uninsured all through college and before that I was a teacher's kid. So my grasp of insurance was pretty stark : All or nothing, literally.
But I have yet to get a bill for my first two appointments and I haven't even the SLIGHTEST clue what to expect. I think doctors appointments are just a copay but we're expected to pay 20% of the delivery. Fuck if I know how much delivery costs. So, seriously, how much do they cost? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Typically, the OB bills a global fee, which means you just pay one copay for the whole shebang, but I can't speak for your specific situation. What kind of plan do you have...PPO? HMO? Indemnity? For PPO and HMO, you should see delivery listed out as a specific line item in your summary of benefits.

I would def call your insurance provider. Your dr likely knows the "rules" for billing with your particular insurer, but you don't want to be caught off-guard. Agree with the other suggestions to be vigilant about checking your billing statements and EOBs.

We're responsible for 20% of the delivery. I just don't even know what that could be. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:26 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:My naivety is showing. I know, okay? Okay?!

But it totally just occurred Mr. KK and me that we have to pay for this whole baby production. I was uninsured all through college and before that I was a teacher's kid. So my grasp of insurance was pretty stark : All or nothing, literally.
But I have yet to get a bill for my first two appointments and I haven't even the SLIGHTEST clue what to expect. I think doctors appointments are just a copay but we're expected to pay 20% of the delivery. Fuck if I know how much delivery costs. So, seriously, how much do they cost? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I asked Dr. Google.

The charge for an uncomplicated cesarean section was about $15,800 in 2008. An uncomplicated vaginal birth cost about $9,600, government data show.

Oh god. So like...*math* $2000-$3000. Okay. I can worth with this.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:32 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just sent a you a PM. It just felt wrong to put last names here for the whole world to see. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yes, I think it is unpatriotic for us to have to work on Friday. Boo.

Clearly the terrorists have won.

I have to work on Friday too....and Saturday. So basically I have Thursday off, the day I ALWAYS have off but I don't get holiday pay for it since I'm already off for it. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:24 am

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just sent a you a PM. It just felt wrong to put last names here for the whole world to see. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yes, I think it is unpatriotic for us to have to work on Friday. Boo.

Clearly the terrorists have won.

I have to work on Friday too....and Saturday. So basically I have Thursday off, the day I ALWAYS have off but I don't get holiday pay for it since I'm already off for it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Here in UK if your regular day off falls on a public holiday you get that day as an extra holiday or a day in lieu.

Also talking about paying for healthcare is just so alien to me, as we have the NHS. It gets a bad rep but on the whole it's a good system, although you do get what you pay for as they say!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:10 am

Elsie_Tanner wrote:Also talking about paying for healthcare is just so alien to me, as we have the NHS. It gets a bad rep but on the whole it's a good system, although you do get what you pay for as they say!

I am so grateful for our NHS system! I wonder what happens to poor people in America who fall pregnant. Do they just give birth without assistance? :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 am

Oh, happy 4th of July to our American friends! :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:21 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Elsie_Tanner wrote:Also talking about paying for healthcare is just so alien to me, as we have the NHS. It gets a bad rep but on the whole it's a good system, although you do get what you pay for as they say!

I am so grateful for our NHS system! I wonder what happens to poor people in America who fall pregnant. Do they just give birth without assistance? :?

I'm not very savvy when it comes to these things BUT I think I have the gist: It depends how poor you are. If you're REALLY poor, then there is government assistance you can get so you can have a baby in the hospital. If you're normal people poor then the hospital can't turn you away but they'll try to shove you out the door as soon as possible and you get a bill. Supposedly you can haggle down a medical bill but I've never heard of anyone actually doing that.
I'm in a odd situation where insurance will cover MOST of it but I'm still responsible for a small portion. No big deal. However, in my experience, doctors like to sell procedures/medication/tests to you that aren't necessary. They gave me a pamphlet on testing for genetic disorders and to schedule my blood test within a three week period. Okay. I found out (yes it was in the pamphlet that I didn't read) that it was $165 and optional. I still did it anyway because I'd like to know, but geeze it didn't SOUND optional. And when a doctor is telling you to do it, you do it, you know?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Kay Kay wrote:We're responsible for 20% of the delivery. I just don't even know what that could be. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Talk to your physician's billing person. I am assuming since you are in CA you are part of some form of managed care plan, which means you are only responsible for 20% of the allowed amount they have agreed to with your insurer, not the full amount of the bill they file with them. They should be able to give you an approximate case rate for each vaginal and c-section, assuming all is fairly standard. Let me know if you have other questions...I love that my career knowledge may finally pay off and help someone. :| :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats