Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:Rant ahead, please feel free to skip over it. :D

My mother's family is FULL of users. I mean, every single one of her brothers and sisters AND their kids (oh, wait, her one brother and his family are okay but they don't live close by...hmmm) I am so thankful that my mom is the "normal" one.

My mom is the oldest of 7. We live half an hour from the majority of the family. Most of them live in the same town or very close to it. They bleed my grandmother dry financially constantly. And she gives and gives and gives. Now you remember my whorish cousin?? she's part of this family. And my grandmother believes every word out of her MOUTH! She recently got fired from her new job for fucking the manager. but OH, that's just not what happened. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS FUCKING HIM!

So I see on FB that my Aunt is taking said whore and her sister and who knows who else to the beach next week. hmmm, the whore isn't working. the sister works part time at the Dollar Store. Guess we know who is paying. And a couple of years ago I had to borrow money from this aunt to pay for propane so I could KEEP MY FAMILY WARM. And she fucking hounded me every month until I managed to pay her back.

These people make me sick.

That is maddening. I have a cousin who completely takes advantage of her parents and it makes me crazy. I have worked for everything I have ever had in my life, why should she be any different? Her parents let her live in one of their rental properties for free, and have for like 15 years. They finally told her they would just give it to her and she said no because she doesn't want to pay taxes. WHAT?

I'll reply to this in Jeopardy fashion: What is a sociopath? :? :? :?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 4:32 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:By the way, my new career might be to stalk single Ian with a roll of duct tape (to keep the do gooding from spewing out of his mouth). Just sayin'. ;)

Use this one. He'll approve. http://www.treehugger.com/green-architecture/biodegradable-cellulose-tape.html
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Songs that take me back. I have a lot and not all of them are impressive or sexy. I'll just choose a couple

I make EVERYONE shut up when this comes on.

Just kidding. It's Witchy Woman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have to say, Most of the Twilight soundtrack makes me all schmoopy and remember the early Twi days where I was OBSESSED. When Rob was adorable and Edward was sexy (still Team Jacob, sorry y'all), and Stew wasn't...misunderstood. ;)
Oh god. Especially this one.

And then, of course, there were the "our song" with the ex boyfriends that are all super cliche I wont even list them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Songs that take me back. I have a lot and not all of them are impressive or sexy. I'll just choose a couple

I make EVERYONE shut up when this comes on.

Just kidding. It's Witchy Woman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ILY

But I believe it's actually WitchAY Woman.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:By the way, my new career might be to stalk single Ian with a roll of duct tape (to keep the do gooding from spewing out of his mouth). Just sayin'. ;)

Naw, you shouldn't cover up that pretty mouth. Just have a safe word to indicate he should stop talking when it gets to be too much.

I'll just molest him long enough that he shuts up. :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Well...since we're all talking about all things depressing, I have a rant ahead.

I fully acknowledge that some of this is PMS and some is just that it's been a shitty week, but I am a MESS. I really like my new location for my new job but I am EXHAUSTED all the time. I get up at 5:20 everyday and I get home at 5. I have 1-1.5 hour commute each direction. When I come home, I just pass out. Wake up for dinner, and then go to sleep again. I feel like I turned into the grandparents from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, which doesn't help by the fact that I'm still in bed, where I have been since 5pm yesterday. I was too tired to even eat dinner. I feel like I can't keep up with anything around the house and I'm just trying to FINISH it. It's really overwhelming. Even putting out the garbage once a week, or paying my bills on time, or having clean clothes is impossible. I feel like I have no friends (probably because I have no friends) to talk to except Mr. KK and he and I are having some serious problems. I feel like I don't even even have enough time to interact with you ladies which helps so much. I stalk the flat but I'm too exhausted to turn on the computer and participate.
Back to Mr. KK. We are just...not on the same page. At all. And it totally all boils down to us being completely different people. I've known that forever, but this is the first real instance where I feel a divide between us. He is an extrovert, I'm an introvert- and in times of extreme stress, never the two shall meet. He is BEYOND stressed at work and all he wants to do is spend time with me. I just can't. I am just too tired. And I feel terrible because I'm his only friend up here too. So he's lonely and I'm annoyed that he wont just leave me alone so I can re-energize. I really don't know what to do. This was never an issue when he lived closer to his friends and family for obvious reasons. But I'm starting to resent that he needs me to de-stress. It just feels like one more thing I have to do, you know? Like another chore. I don't LIKE being his therapist. When he's stressed, he picks fights and I'm getting to the point where I don't care if I hurt his feelings. I used to just "listen" and give advice -even though he didn't want advice, he just wants to vent- and then it would pass. I just don't want him to need me like that. And it's not just him telling me about his day- we all know his family has a lot of mental illnesses and I feel like he wants me to diagnose him. He has like...Munchhausen's for mental illnesses or something. I don't know. Maybe I should tell him that as my diagnosis. :roll: I'm just so overwhelmed with everything. Thank god we don't have children. They would have been taken away by child services for extreme neglect or something.

Advice? anything at all? more cat pictures?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Well...since we're all talking about all things depressing, I have a rant ahead.

I fully acknowledge that some of this is PMS and some is just that it's been a shitty week, but I am a MESS. I really like my new location for my new job but I am EXHAUSTED all the time. I get up at 5:20 everyday and I get home at 5. I have 1-1.5 hour commute each direction. When I come home, I just pass out. Wake up for dinner, and then go to sleep again. I feel like I turned into the grandparents from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, which doesn't help by the fact that I'm still in bed, where I have been since 5pm yesterday. I was too tired to even eat dinner. I feel like I can't keep up with anything around the house and I'm just trying to FINISH it. It's really overwhelming. Even putting out the garbage once a week, or paying my bills on time, or having clean clothes is impossible. I feel like I have no friends (probably because I have no friends) to talk to except Mr. KK and he and I are having some serious problems. I feel like I don't even even have enough time to interact with you ladies which helps so much. I stalk the flat but I'm too exhausted to turn on the computer and participate.
KK, I think you should see a doctor. There could be a medical reason for this. Low iron or thyroid or chronic fatigue or something. Could also be depression. Might be nothing, but it's better to find out for sure, right? Then if it IS something, you can get treatment.

Back to Mr. KK. We are just...not on the same page. At all. And it totally all boils down to us being completely different people. I've known that forever, but this is the first real instance where I feel a divide between us. He is an extrovert, I'm an introvert- and in times of extreme stress, never the two shall meet. He is BEYOND stressed at work and all he wants to do is spend time with me. I just can't. I am just too tired. And I feel terrible because I'm his only friend up here too. So he's lonely and I'm annoyed that he wont just leave me alone so I can re-energize. I really don't know what to do. This was never an issue when he lived closer to his friends and family for obvious reasons. But I'm starting to resent that he needs me to de-stress. It just feels like one more thing I have to do, you know? Like another chore. I don't LIKE being his therapist. When he's stressed, he picks fights and I'm getting to the point where I don't care if I hurt his feelings. I used to just "listen" and give advice -even though he didn't want advice, he just wants to vent- and then it would pass. I just don't want him to need me like that. And it's not just him telling me about his day- we all know his family has a lot of mental illnesses and I feel like he wants me to diagnose him. He has like...Munchhausen's for mental illnesses or something. I don't know. Maybe I should tell him that as my diagnosis. :roll: I'm just so overwhelmed with everything. Thank god we don't have children. They would have been taken away by child services for extreme neglect or something.

Has Mr. KK ever had an evaluation? If he's that worried about mental illness maybe he should. Then he can either put his mind at ease that he's ok, or get treatment if he's not.

Obviously I'm not the best person to be giving relationship advice, but can you make a deal with Mr. KK that if he gives you a night to yourself that you'll spend a night doing something he likes to do? Bike riding or walking around or whatever? Or maybe Mr. KK can take a short vacation back home to spend time with his family while you take some time at home to re-energize yourself?

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Well...since we're all talking about all things depressing, I have a rant ahead.

KK, I think you should see a doctor. There could be a medical reason for this. Low iron or thyroid or chronic fatigue or something. Could also be depression. Might be nothing, but it's better to find out for sure, right? Then if it IS something, you can get treatment.

Has Mr. KK ever had an evaluation? If he's that worried about mental illness maybe he should. Then he can either put his mind at ease that he's ok, or get treatment if he's not.

Obviously I'm not the best person to be giving relationship advice, but can you make a deal with Mr. KK that if he gives you a night to yourself that you'll spend a night doing something he likes to do? Bike riding or walking around or whatever? Or maybe Mr. KK can take a short vacation back home to spend time with his family while you take some time at home to re-energize yourself?

I need to see a doctor period. I'm WAY overdue for my lady business but my doctor that I picked last year quit so I have to start all over to find a new one. Not difficult but is, again, one more thing I can't get a handle on. I've been seriously wanting to exercise to get more energy but the last few times I've gone running I get tunnel vision almost immediately and have to lay down where ever I am...or you know, barf on hills. :? It could just be me being intensely out of shape, but I don't like being that vulnerable in public, for obvious reason. I'd prefer a doctor to tell me "oh hey, you have no heart, THATS why you pass out" or "Holy shit, I've never see anyone that lazy, how did you even WALK from your car to here?" Either way, I need to know. thanks for reminding me that I need to make it a priority. I also need to see an optometrist. It's like the things never end!

As for mr. KK he's seen someone before. Not for an intense examination or anything. He has an ADD doctor and they've been trying to get a prescription that works for him and he had a therapist that specialized in work related stress. She didn't think his anxiety was at the point of prescription intervention (which made me respect her a bit more because I feel like a lot of doctors just prescribe meds like that without doing any of the work) however, she proved to be fairly useless and another source of stress. Mr. Kk kept forgetting his appointments and we'd have to pay $60 missed apt fee. :roll: :roll: :roll: I'm trying to get him to find another therapist that doesn't say "just write it down" because, HEY, that's MY advice, and to see an acupuncturist. One of my hippie co-workers SWEARS by it and it's covered by our insurance. Win win. Even if it doesn't do what I hope it will do, it'll at least be an hour he has to himself in a quiet place.
Writing this all out was actually very therapeutic. Thanks Jodie. :) :)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I need to see a doctor period. I'm WAY overdue for my lady business but my doctor that I picked last year quit so I have to start all over to find a new one. Not difficult but is, again, one more thing I can't get a handle on. I've been seriously wanting to exercise to get more energy but the last few times I've gone running I get tunnel vision almost immediately and have to lay down where ever I am...or you know, barf on hills. :? It could just be me being intensely out of shape, but I don't like being that vulnerable in public, for obvious reason. I'd prefer a doctor to tell me "oh hey, you have no heart, THATS why you pass out" or "Holy shit, I've never see anyone that lazy, how did you even WALK from your car to here?" Either way, I need to know. thanks for reminding me that I need to make it a priority. I also need to see an optometrist. It's like the things never end!

As for mr. KK he's seen someone before. Not for an intense examination or anything. He has an ADD doctor and they've been trying to get a prescription that works for him and he had a therapist that specialized in work related stress. She didn't think his anxiety was at the point of prescription intervention (which made me respect her a bit more because I feel like a lot of doctors just prescribe meds like that without doing any of the work) however, she proved to be fairly useless and another source of stress. Mr. Kk kept forgetting his appointments and we'd have to pay $60 missed apt fee. :roll: :roll: :roll: I'm trying to get him to find another therapist that doesn't say "just write it down" because, HEY, that's MY advice, and to see an acupuncturist. One of my hippie co-workers SWEARS by it and it's covered by our insurance. Win win. Even if it doesn't do what I hope it will do, it'll at least be an hour he has to himself in a quiet place.
Writing this all out was actually very therapeutic. Thanks Jodie. :) :)

Welcome! Here's your cat!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm

JodieO wrote:

What in holy hell is that???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, have you ever wondered about going back in time, to say the '50s, and explaining to someone all the technology we have and all the information at our disposal and that 99% of the time it's mostly used for looking at cats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or maybe it's not so weird. If you went back to ancient Egypt they'd be all "That's normal."

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:

[color=#008000]What in holy hell is that???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is Colonel Meow! I wouldn't mess with him if I were you.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 7:58 am

Today, I'm praying that one of my kids gets sick and I have to leave work to pick them up.

Yeah, I hate my job.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am

did the fatigue/listlessness only show up after you switched job locations, or has it been around for awhile & just gotten worse lately? you mentioned in your other post about the tunnel vision and sometimes vomiting during exercise, that sounds like low-blood sugar/hypoglycemia to me; something I've struggled with for years ;) do you get the shakes at all? b/c the fatigue could be due to some type of anemia as well; get to the doctor! *wags finger threateningly* as for mr.kk, does he just want to spend time w/you, or does he want to spend time w/you doing something specific? mr.kb is a bit clingy, and I've learned thru the years that he just wants to be around me, w/our attention on the same thing; so we watch television/movies together and that's become our "thing". we lay on the couch & just zone out, but we do it "together" :lol: I've tried to push him into getting some friends too, but that hasn't really taken root, long term :? you said that mr.kk has ADD & is constantly worried about mental health issues. so does that mean he can't concentrate or stick to doing something for very long? is he an energetic person, bouncing around either physically or mentally/emotionally? b/c that may make it more difficult to find something you can do together w/out it feeling like a chore to you :| overall it just sounds like both of you are going thru some difficult things, and he wants you to fix him while you just want to be left alone. mr.kb always wants to fix me, while I just need time by myself to let things even out; but not having any energy to the degree that you literally stay in bed all day is not something to let alone :geek:

*hugs*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LittleSecrets » Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am

lori_seals wrote:Today, I'm praying that one of my kids gets sick and I have to leave work to pick them up.

Yeah, I hate my job.

I'm sick. So is my oldest son. You're welcome to leave work to pick us up. But, you'd better leave now as I'm sure it's a long drive.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 am

kelbel75 wrote:*hugs*

I watched this like 20 times going 'Dawww!' before I realized that was NOT a pillow the kitty was nuzzling... :shock: :oops: :lol:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 am

JodieO wrote:

I watched this like 20 times going 'Dawww!' before I realized that was NOT a pillow the kitty was nuzzling... :shock: :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, no it isn't.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

LittleSecrets wrote:
lori_seals wrote:Today, I'm praying that one of my kids gets sick and I have to leave work to pick them up.

Yeah, I hate my job.

I'm sick. So is my oldest son. You're welcome to leave work to pick us up. But, you'd better leave now as I'm sure it's a long drive.

YES!! On my way!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am

Anyone got any big plans for the weekend?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 am

JodieO wrote:Anyone got any big plans for the weekend?

ME ME ME ME ME!

Baseball games and laundry and grocery shopping, OH MY!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am

JodieO wrote:

I had to watch it three more times even after you pointed that out. Observant I am not, apparently.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:Anyone got any big plans for the weekend?

ME ME ME ME ME!

Baseball games and laundry and grocery shopping, OH MY!

Whoo! It's supposed to rain here, so I get to go to the garden center in the rain! My mom asked for some of the mint out of my garden, but it's not up yet so I have to go buy her some herbs.

At least I hope it rains. Then I won't feel guilty about not working in the garden.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I had to watch it three more times even after you pointed that out. Observant I am not, apparently.

Hee! Glad it's not just me. You'd think the legs would be a dead giveaway...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

JodieO wrote:So most of you know that I became a Twihard as a way of taking my mind off my crippling depression. While I was never suicidal, I have to admit that this is the most accurate depiction of depression I have ever read in my life.
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... t-two.html
Especially this. God, I remember trying so. hard...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cPbgKszird0/U ... DTWO10.png

I would like to thank you all for being my shriveled up piece of corn. Seriously. You were.

Thank you.

This really struck a cord with me too. After having to put my mum in a nursing home, selling my childhood home to pay for it, and having to bin over half of her household things (and my memories) I was so numb for so long. Like Jodie said, you guys were also my shrivelled piece of corn. Hugs to all of you. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 pm

lori_seals wrote:omg, there are SOO SO SO SO SO many. Music is a HUGE part of my life and it seems like every moment in my life has a song attached to it.

Mine too! I have so many songs attached to my memories. I doubt most of you would know them as UK music seems to differ to that across the pond, but I could relive my life through my mental playlist.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 pm

guitargirl wrote:This really struck a cord with me too. After having to put my mum in a nursing home, selling my childhood home to pay for it, and having to bin over half of her household things (and my memories) I was so numb for so long. Like Jodie said, you guys were also my shrivelled piece of corn. Hugs to all of you. :)

HUGS
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats