Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 pm

lori_seals wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

here's a cat :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm DYING here. I love this.

Awwwwww! So bloody cute. :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:Rant ahead, please feel free to skip over it. :D

My mother's family is FULL of users. I mean, every single one of her brothers and sisters AND their kids (oh, wait, her one brother and his family are okay but they don't live close by...hmmm) I am so thankful that my mom is the "normal" one.

My mom is the oldest of 7. We live half an hour from the majority of the family. Most of them live in the same town or very close to it. They bleed my grandmother dry financially constantly. And she gives and gives and gives. Now you remember my whorish cousin?? she's part of this family. And my grandmother believes every word out of her MOUTH! She recently got fired from her new job for fucking the manager. but OH, that's just not what happened. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS FUCKING HIM!

So I see on FB that my Aunt is taking said whore and her sister and who knows who else to the beach next week. hmmm, the whore isn't working. the sister works part time at the Dollar Store. Guess we know who is paying. And a couple of years ago I had to borrow money from this aunt to pay for propane so I could KEEP MY FAMILY WARM. And she fucking hounded me every month until I managed to pay her back.

These people make me sick.

That is infuriating. I know family members like that, too and it's a constant struggle not to punch them in the face.

HUGS.

It really is. One of these days, I may lose the struggle.

Want me to come over there and hold them nice and tight so you can punch them properly? :? Hugs.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:
That is maddening. I have a cousin who completely takes advantage of her parents and it makes me crazy. I have worked for everything I have ever had in my life, why should she be any different? Her parents let her live in one of their rental properties for free, and have for like 15 years. They finally told her they would just give it to her and she said no because she doesn't want to pay taxes. WHAT?

APSDIOSHJSDKLFLKSJHF!!!!!!!

WHAT?! Then I'd make her start paying 'rent' at least in the amount of the property taxes.

I know. It is shameful. There are so many others who would appreciate the things that have been done for her, and yet she just blows them all off like its nothing. Her mom has cancer and is VERY, very sick...she hasn't been to see her since her diagnosis about three years ago and they only live three hours away. She is a horrid, horrid human being. Period.

This makes me sick to my stomach. It would be much easier to never visit my mum, as I wouldn't have to watch her deteriorate. However, I could never look myself in the face and consider myself a decent human being. This stinks seven shades of nasty. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Want me to come over there and hold them nice and tight so you can punch them properly? :? Hugs.

Yes, please! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Well...since we're all talking about all things depressing, I have a rant ahead.

I fully acknowledge that some of this is PMS and some is just that it's been a shitty week, but I am a MESS. I really like my new location for my new job but I am EXHAUSTED all the time. I get up at 5:20 everyday and I get home at 5. I have 1-1.5 hour commute each direction. When I come home, I just pass out. Wake up for dinner, and then go to sleep again. I feel like I turned into the grandparents from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, which doesn't help by the fact that I'm still in bed, where I have been since 5pm yesterday. I was too tired to even eat dinner. I feel like I can't keep up with anything around the house and I'm just trying to FINISH it. It's really overwhelming. Even putting out the garbage once a week, or paying my bills on time, or having clean clothes is impossible. I feel like I have no friends (probably because I have no friends) to talk to except Mr. KK and he and I are having some serious problems. I feel like I don't even even have enough time to interact with you ladies which helps so much. I stalk the flat but I'm too exhausted to turn on the computer and participate.
Back to Mr. KK. We are just...not on the same page. At all. And it totally all boils down to us being completely different people. I've known that forever, but this is the first real instance where I feel a divide between us. He is an extrovert, I'm an introvert- and in times of extreme stress, never the two shall meet. He is BEYOND stressed at work and all he wants to do is spend time with me. I just can't. I am just too tired. And I feel terrible because I'm his only friend up here too. So he's lonely and I'm annoyed that he wont just leave me alone so I can re-energize. I really don't know what to do. This was never an issue when he lived closer to his friends and family for obvious reasons. But I'm starting to resent that he needs me to de-stress. It just feels like one more thing I have to do, you know? Like another chore. I don't LIKE being his therapist. When he's stressed, he picks fights and I'm getting to the point where I don't care if I hurt his feelings. I used to just "listen" and give advice -even though he didn't want advice, he just wants to vent- and then it would pass. I just don't want him to need me like that. And it's not just him telling me about his day- we all know his family has a lot of mental illnesses and I feel like he wants me to diagnose him. He has like...Munchhausen's for mental illnesses or something. I don't know. Maybe I should tell him that as my diagnosis. :roll: I'm just so overwhelmed with everything. Thank god we don't have children. They would have been taken away by child services for extreme neglect or something.

Advice? anything at all? more cat pictures?

Wow, no wonder you are tired. You have one hell of a long day, you're commuting, coping with a new job location, and you are expected to provide food, company and therapy sessions, as well as getting to know a new area.

My advice is to try to be kinder to yourself KK as you're asking your body a lot. Can you cut your hours, or your commute? My DH is far more outgoing than I am, and I also find that difficult (as he is much more open to family popping in all the time where as I can find it a real intrusion.) This will always be a battle, but I have laid down a few ground rules and things have got better. I don't think you should be acting as his therapist as you already have a full day. However, maybe spending time together watching a film or chilling in front of the TV may help. This way you can get some down time whilst he feels like he has company. Also, though exercise is good for the spirits, I dont think going for a run is a good idea right now, but maybe a nice walk may give you some gentle exercise, and the daylight outside will provide the much needed vitamin D which could improve your mood. I know I get a bit of SAD during the winter and have to make a conscious effort to spend time outside even when the weather isn't great otherwise I just feel listless. I also think signing up with a new doctor is a good idea too, as maybe a blood test may be required to rule out anaemia. HUGS. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:54 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:This really struck a cord with me too. After having to put my mum in a nursing home, selling my childhood home to pay for it, and having to bin over half of her household things (and my memories) I was so numb for so long. Like Jodie said, you guys were also my shrivelled piece of corn. Hugs to all of you. :)

HUGS

:D :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Yes, please! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Here's a song that at least one of you know (looking at you JodieO) This song is older than me, but my Mum used to play it heaps and it followed me into adulthood where I still drunkenly sing along on occasion.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 pm

guitargirl wrote:Here's a song that at least one of you know (looking at you JodieO) This song is older than me, but my Mum used to play it heaps and it followed me into adulthood where I still drunkenly sing along on occasion.

Awwwh. I love this song. Me and my ex-bestie used to sing this a lot, too!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 2:18 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Here's a song that at least one of you know (looking at you JodieO) This song is older than me, but my Mum used to play it heaps and it followed me into adulthood where I still drunkenly sing along on occasion.

ETA: As much as the fat clothes of today suck, I really feel bad for Cass Eliot. The fat clothes of the 60s were so so so awful. Tents with sleeves. :(
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Another ancient song, but one my dad used to sing with me when I was little.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 2:20 pm

guitargirl wrote:Another ancient song, but one my dad used to sing with me when I was little.

I adore John Denver.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:21 pm

JodieO wrote:

It takes me back to tipsy evenings on the beach whilst howling along with enthusiasm. :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:23 pm

JodieO wrote:
ETA: As much as the fat clothes of today suck, I really feel bad for Cass Eliot. The fat clothes of the 60s were so so so awful. Tents with sleeves. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hee, they really are shiteous excuse for clothes. Good job Mama Cass has the voice of an angel. All she needs is the tinsel halo.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 pm

lori_seals wrote:I adore John Denver.

Whats your favourite of his? :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri May 10, 2013 2:26 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hee, they really are shiteous excuse for clothes. Good job Mama Cass has the voice of an angel. All she needs is the tinsel halo.

For realsies.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Oh my God, do any of you US ladies know this song? In my late teens I used to sing this on repeat.

All of these songs were my parents era, but I loved them.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 10, 2013 2:29 pm

guitargirl wrote:

Country Roads (my dad used to sing this) and Rocky Mountain High
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Country Roads (my dad used to sing this) and Rocky Mountain High

I'm listening to these on YouTube as I type. :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:00 pm

(the pic that's on my keychain, in honor of amy :D )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:23 pm

I too have a soft spot for John Denver :D my Mom used to sing "annie's song" at weddings quite frequently, and I always liked to sing w/her for practice. "country roads" reminds me of home & I sing it myself quite often (miner's lady, stranger to blue waters/dark as the steam, painted on the sky/misty taste of moonshine, tear-drop in my eye) when I was young I always wanted to go to Denver, Colorado b/c of John Denver :P (and "Grizzly Adams" ;) ) and then I moved there for awhile, and loved every minute of it 8-)

I was trying to remember what my fav songs were at diff't times in my life. (I'm not posting the vids, I'm lazy right now & it majorly slows down the loading of the thread :? ) so...at about 7 yrs. old it was "american pie" (and at the time I knew every word :shock: ) I've always really liked "me & bobby mcgee" too, so much so that my mom would groan every time I asked her to play it on the guitar :roll: that and "rocky raccoon" :D though if I wanted to torture her I'd make her play Eddie Rabbitt's "driving my life away" :lol: when I got into High School my fav songs changed every week, it was quite chaotic :? ...oh! I just got a package delivered to the door, be right back ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:28 pm

mr. kb got Mrs. Field's cookies delivered to me for Mother's Day!! AWESOME! :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 pm

my daughter & her friend spent yesterday evening writing "scripts" for their Harry Potter play that they're planning to recruit their friends for at recess next week at school, and then this morning I heard her singing "the misty mountain" song from The Hobbit while she cleaned her room (we don't have the soundtrack, she just sung it from memory & got all of the words right :shock: ) I'm a proud momma 8-) :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 am

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats