Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 pm

kelbel75 wrote:most of you have seen "pitch perfect" right? my 8 yr. old daughter is obsessed with "the cup song", does the cups along with it while she sings all the words, etc. I've never seen the movie tho & she's begging me to let her see it. it's PG-13, but how are the sexual references? (I'm sure there's some, since they're in college ;) )

Actually it's not that bad. Most of the sexual references are covered in music euphemisms or will be over her head. There's one called a "toner" for musical boner and a older lady needs to "freshen up the down town" after seeing a sexy man splits. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: Actually the main plot is Anna Kendrick and the lead guy have to stay AWAY from each other because they are in competing groups. I would say the worst character is Stacy who is a sex addict but it's only implied that she's the slut of the group. There is only one kiss in the whole movie. It's 99% music, a little bit of crude barf jokes, a little drinking, and a lot of legs and cleavage. You should watch it, I LOVE it.

There is also a Riff Off that you can watch on Youtube that has a "songs about sex" that I have no idea if its appropriate because I know nothing about kids.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:33 pm

In response to the lack luster Dior photos and a well timed Twilight showing on ABC Family, a traditional FMF has been requested vis Twitter. Let us begin!

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:54 pm

And what I hope the Dior campaign can be/surpass:

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:00 pm

aaaand Ron in a suit because woah.

I should have just titled these Cosmopolis-promo-where-Rob-was-his-sexiest-and-on-the-rebound-before-he-made-bad-choices
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Kay Kay wrote:aaaand Ron in a suit because woah.

I should have just titled these Cosmopolis-promo-where-Rob-was-his-sexiest-and-on-the-rebound-before-he-made-bad-choices

.. why is the back of his wrist so hairy?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 am

K, so I'm confused. I too must admit that this photo and accompanying gifs had me curious:
amynkansas wrote:Image

PS this pic may actually get me on the RA bandwagon.....

THis is from Strike Back, right?
So, Strike Back has been on BBC Canada this week. I don't' know how far into the series it is, but I've watched two epis so far and RA hasn't been in a single one! What's that all about? I'm assuming he's locked away in some dungeon being striped of his belt
(by JodieOs and Kel :D)

kelbel75 wrote:
Image Image[/color]

I guess I'll just have to suffer through some more episodes and see if he comes up.
Luckily I have a young Iain Glen to entertain me

And in honour of FMF
This bares repeating
Kay Kay wrote:[color=#008000]

ANd here's my contribution

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:36 am

OriginalWard
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:36 am

Kay Kay wrote: I know nothing about kids.

...said the pregnant lady. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:44 am

Kay Kay wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:most of you have seen "pitch perfect" right? my 8 yr. old daughter is obsessed with "the cup song", does the cups along with it while she sings all the words, etc. I've never seen the movie tho & she's begging me to let her see it. it's PG-13, but how are the sexual references? (I'm sure there's some, since they're in college ;) )

Actually it's not that bad. Most of the sexual references are covered in music euphemisms or will be over her head. There's one called a "toner" for musical boner and a older lady needs to "freshen up the down town" after seeing a sexy man splits. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: Actually the main plot is Anna Kendrick and the lead guy have to stay AWAY from each other because they are in competing groups. I would say the worst character is Stacy who is a sex addict but it's only implied that she's the slut of the group. There is only one kiss in the whole movie. It's 99% music, a little bit of crude barf jokes, a little drinking, and a lot of legs and cleavage. You should watch it, I LOVE it.

There is also a Riff Off that you can watch on Youtube that has a "songs about sex" that I have no idea if its appropriate because I know nothing about kids.

My girls (12 and 9) have seen it. I don't think there's anything too bad in there. But everyone's different. When in doubt, I either watch it first or use this website: kidsinmind.com They rate movies based on profanity, nudity, violence ... They are way way more strict then I think most people are. You will know if there are shirtless guys in a pool, or a girl in short shorts. . . They mention if anyone is called mean names (even "Stupid"). I'd recommend that you read a few of their reviews for movies that you don't find objectionable as a kind of baseline and then see what they say about Pitch Perfect.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 am

Kel, here's the KidsinMind.com review of our beloved Twilight. (The ratings are out of 10.)

A high school junior (Kristen Stewart) moves to Washington State to live with her father (Billy Burke) after her mother (Sarah Clarke) re-marries. Upon arrival she meets an unusual classmate (Robert Pattinson), whom she finds irresistibly attractive, and he reciprocates. He and his family are a curiosity in the small town, keeping to themselves and rarely mingling with others, and she soon realizes that they are vampires. Based on the novel of the same name by Stephenie Meyer. Also with Taylor Lautner, Gil Birmingham, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed, Cam Gigandet, Rachelle Lefevre, Edi Gathegi, Justin Chon and Michael Welch. Directed by Catherine Hardwicke. [2:00]

SEX/NUDITY 4 - A vampire teen boy and a teen girl kiss tenderly, then passionately, she leans back on her bed (she is wearing a T-shirt and panties) pulling him on top of her, they continue to kiss, and he jumps off and tells her to stop.
► A teen girl and a boy vampire dance close together at a dance, they kiss, she asks him to bite her neck, and he dips her and kisses her neck instead.
► A teen girl and a vampire talk while lying in bed; she falls asleep and rests her head on his chest. A teen vampire boy kisses a teen girl on the forehead. A teen boy kisses a teen girl on the cheek. Two couples (male and female vampires) hold hands as they walk through a school cafeteria and it is explained that they are part of a foster family and that the couples are "together"; other teens talk about that being strange. A vampire and a teen girl lie on the ground and look at each other, without touching.
► Two teen girls try on evening gowns that are low-cut and reveal cleavage, bare shoulders and backs and one remarks about her dress making "her boobs look good." A vampire is bare-chested to the waist. A woman wears a low-cut top that reveals deep cleavage and a tattoo on her chest. Young women wear low-cut tops and dresses that reveal cleavage in a few scenes.
► A teen girl's mother asks her if there is a boy in her life and then asks, "Are you being safe?" A vampire and a teen girl stand close to each other, and he caresses her neck and chest and says, "The lion fell in love with the lamb." A vampire tells a teen girl, "You are like a drug to me." A teen girl talks about a vampire "thirsting for my blood." A vampire tells a teen girl that he doesn't have the strength to stay away from her anymore. A teen girl tells a vampire that he is beautiful. A teenage boy asks a teen girl to a dance and she declines. A man talks about having dressed up as Santa when a teen girl was young and a woman describes him as "Butt crack Santa." A vampire reads the minds of people in a restaurant and says that several are thinking about sex or money and one is thinking about cats.
► A teen vampire boy and a teen girl exchange looks of longing in many scenes. A teen vampire boy and a teen girl flirt in several scenes.

VIOLENCE/GORE 7 - Two vampires hold a vampire, and a third, female vampire, jumps on his chest and rips his head off (we see her twisting and we hear crunching); a fire is then built and the vampire is torn to pieces and burned (we see movement and hear crunching but we do not see separation of body parts).
► A vampire grabs a teen girl by the throat, pushes her against a wall, and films her reactions; she yells at him, sprays him with pepper spray, he throws her against a column (she strikes her head and we see blood on her hand), he slams his hand down on her leg breaking the leg (we hear a crunch and she screams), and she falls on a shard of broken mirror and we see a very bloody leg wound.
► A frightened man is chased by three vampires: he is surrounded and we see him thrown down, we hear snarling, we see his legs thrashing as the three pounce on him and we hear later that he was killed by "some kind of animal."
► A female vampire kicks a man and he falls to the floor of a boat, and a male vampire says, "Let's not play with our food"; the man is frightened as the two attack him (we are told later that the man was killed but the attack is not shown).
► A vampire bites a teen girl on the arm, she writhes as venom works its way into her blood stream, she screams and we see the bite mark on her arm.
► A vampire sucks venom out of a teen girl's arm and struggles to stop before killing her.
► A vampire pins another vampire against a wall, and moves toward his neck to bite him but is stopped.
► We see a dead body on a stretcher being wheeled toward an ambulance -- the feet are exposed and the sight upsets a teen girl.
► Two vampires fight: they throw each other through the air and onto the floor, the walls crumble and the floor breaks apart. Three vampires threaten to attack a teen girl and other vampires snarl and hiss and threaten them. A vampire threatens to kill a teen girl's mother.
► We see drawings and paintings of demons eating people, and drawings of vampires, and read about people being eaten.
► A vampire says they have to kill another vampire, and "Tear him apart and burn the pieces."
► A teen girl walking alone at night is surrounded by four teenage boys who try to touch her and are threatening; she kicks one of them in the crotch as he moves toward her, and a vampire in a car speeds toward them, the attackers back off, and he says he wants "to go back and rip their heads off." Several vampires surround a teen girl and talk about her "smelling good." A teenage boy driving a van loses control on a patch of ice, the van slides and nearly strikes a teen girl, a vampire jumps between the girl and the van and stops the van (the driver of the van has blood on his forehead and we see the girl being checked in a hospital and she's OK). A woman describes a teen girl falling down a flight of stairs and crashing through a glass window and we see a girl imagining the fall. A vampire tracks a teen girl, and he stops and breathes in deeply sniffing the air for a scent.
► We see four vampires standing over a deer in a forest and preparing to "eat" (that is, drink its blood), before being interrupted by other people who are wearing wolf pelts. We see a frightened deer running through a forest and it is caught by someone (we can barely make out the scene).
► We hear about a man saving people from death by turning them into vampires and we see him biting a few people on the neck (one man is shown crying out from pain and we hear that the pain was excruciating).
► A vampire has blood red eyes. A vampire stands in the sun and we see his skin becomes translucent.
► A vampire breaks a glass bowl in her hand when she becomes frustrated (we see the shattered glass and food on the floor and she is not harmed). A teen girl opens a car door and accidentally strikes a teen boy that's standing nearby. A teen boy is struck in the back of the head by a volleyball. A teen girl slips on ice and falls on the ground (she's OK).
► A vampire moves fast and jumps back and forth around a teen girl, rips a tree out of the ground and throws it trying to scare her. A vampire seems angered and physically agitated by a teen girl's presence in a few scenes. A teen girl is frustrated and upset when a teen boy does not show up for school for several days. A man grieves over the death of a friend. A teen girl and her father argue and she leaves home. A teen girl has a dream and wakes up with a start; she sees a vampire standing at the end of her bed, she rubs her eyes and the person is gone (she thinks she is imagining his being there). A teen girl is startled when a vampire jumps on the side of her truck while she's driving, and another vampire jumps on the back of the truck with a thud. A teen girl is startled when she touches a vampire's hand and it is very cold.
► A man gives his daughter a pepper spray canister to use as protection. A man loads a shotgun when his daughter asks him to meet her date.
► A vampire picks up a teen girl and puts her on his back, and he runs up the side of a mountain to the top where he puts her down. A vampire puts a teen girl on his back, and he climbs through very tall trees and across limbs. A group of vampires play baseball during a thunderstorm and when they strike the ball with the bat the crack sounds like thunder.
► A vampire says that his family is different and that they only "eat animals." A vampire calls himself an animal and a killer of things. A teen girl is upset and tells a teen boy that she thinks he is a vampire. A teen boy talks about his descendants coming from wolves. A teen girl talks about a vampire "thirsting for my blood." We hear a teen girl talking about thinking how she might die. We hear a teen girl talking about dying in the place of someone she loved.
► A teacher pours a cup of "compost tea" from a compost barrel, a teenage student takes the cup and the teacher says, "Don't drink it."

PROFANITY 2 - 3 mild obscenities, name-calling (freak, low-life), 2 religious exclamations. [profanity glossary]

SUBSTANCE USE - A man drinks beer in a few scenes, and a man has 6-packs of beer in both hands as a friend arrives to watch a football game. A vampire tells a teen girl, "You are like a drug to me... like my own personal heroin," and a man talks about having dressed up as Santa Claus and makes a remark about the kids "liked the little bottles" presumably referring to small alcohol bottles.

DISCUSSION TOPICS - Vampires, life choices, divorce, love, fear, immortality, death of loved ones, death of a friend, regret, loneliness, super heroes.

MESSAGE - Love can be found in the least likely places and between unlikely people.

Special Keywords: S4 - V7 - P2 - MPAAPG-13
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 am

Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:55 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:K, so I'm confused. I too must admit that this photo and accompanying gifs had me curious:
amynkansas wrote:Image

PS this pic may actually get me on the RA bandwagon.....

THis is from Strike Back, right?
So, Strike Back has been on BBC Canada this week. I don't' know how far into the series it is, but I've watched two epis so far and RA hasn't been in a single one! What's that all about? I'm assuming he's locked away in some dungeon being striped of his belt
(by JodieOs and Kel :D)

kelbel75 wrote:
Image Image[/color]

I guess I'll just have to suffer through some more episodes and see if he comes up.
Luckily I have a young Iain Glen to entertain me

Strike Back is a funny little show. RA was the main character in the first season which, I believe, was produced by the BBC and it is not technically available in the US and possibly not in Canada. After the end of the first season Richard was hired to do The Hobbit movies and his character
got kidnapped by terrorists and was shot in his beautiful beautiful face
fell in love with a chubby redhead and lived happily ever after. Somehow Cinemax took over the show as of the second season and starting with S2 and a whole new cast of dudes THAT is what is available over here. RA appears briefly in the first episode of the second season.

You and my friend Brittany would get along. She's got a bit of a crush on Iaiaiaaian Glen from his role on Game of Thrones. That's actually how our Sunday night TV Extravaganzas started. She wanted to see him on Downton Abbey, though I warned her he was not a nice character.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:56 am

I like this one.

Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:57 am

Gianna wrote:Image

A moment of silence please, for the Stoli shirt. 8-)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:58 am

Apparently I would be a horrible parent. I didn't see an issue with a lot of the stuff they pointed out re: Twi ("a boy and a girl in the grass not touching but looking at each other")...I guess I wouldn't even think to consider any of that stuff! Some unborn has totally dodged a bullet with me taking my womb out of the potential gene pool. :D :lol: I mean, obviously I get the sexual references, etc but some of the other stuff I would never even think was anything at all.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 am

Alexandra wrote:
A moment of silence please, for the Stoli shirt. 8-)

Amen to that. Gone but not forgotten. Although, lets not kid ourselves...it is probably wadded up in one of the garbage bags removed from KStew's just waiting to make a comeback.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:06 am

Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

Gianna wrote:Apparently I would be a horrible parent. I didn't see an issue with a lot of the stuff they pointed out re: Twi ("a boy and a girl in the grass not touching but looking at each other")...I guess I wouldn't even think to consider any of that stuff! Some unborn has totally dodged a bullet with me taking my womb out of the potential gene pool. :D :lol: I mean, obviously I get the sexual references, etc but some of the other stuff I would never even think was anything at all.

I agree with you completely. I am not concerned about most of the stuff they point out. That's why I think it is a pretty good reference for me to use. I know they'll tell me everything and I won't have any unexpected sex scenes. I laugh at all the things they are concerned about and make my "educated" decision.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 am

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:Apparently I would be a horrible parent. I didn't see an issue with a lot of the stuff they pointed out re: Twi ("a boy and a girl in the grass not touching but looking at each other")...I guess I wouldn't even think to consider any of that stuff! Some unborn has totally dodged a bullet with me taking my womb out of the potential gene pool. :D :lol: I mean, obviously I get the sexual references, etc but some of the other stuff I would never even think was anything at all.

I agree with you completely. I am not concerned about most of the stuff they point out. That's why I think it is a pretty good reference for me to use. I know they'll tell me everything and I won't have any unexpected sex scenes. I laugh at all the things they are concerned about and make my "educated" decision.

Oh no - I totally get your point! Absolutely. The scary thing, is that there could be someone out there that does worry about all of that. Good luck when your kids go to school and hear all of that stuff (and more) for the first time! :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

that review made Twi seem much worse (and more bad-ass :lol: ) than it actually was :shock: I had no problem letting my daughter watch that one (she was 6 when she first saw it) Mr.KB thought the ballet studio scene was too violent at the time, but I disagreed. now Eclipse on the other hand brings forth some discussion topics concerning sex and how Bella wants it but Edward is resisting, etc. I just didn't want to deal with that yet it would be fine for her now, at almost 9yrs. (she was shocked and disgusted the other day when she found out you don't normally have sex with your clothes on. I don't know if I should be glad that she feels that way, or concerned since she is appalled at the thought of being seen naked :? ) I just get hung up on violence and language mostly. the sex is pretty black and white for what I think is appropriate or not, but the language & violence can be tricky. (my daughter loves "spaceballs", not language appropriate in several areas but the overall movie is hilarious and right on her level so I let her watch as long as she knows not to use those words ;) my son on the other hand is 13, realistically he is going to use those words, just don't let me hear you do it! :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29 am

Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am

Gianna wrote:
Kay Kay wrote: I know nothing about kids.

...said the pregnant lady. ;)

you don't need to know anything about kids, just your kid :ugeek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 am

Gianna wrote:Image

I'll say it. . . Oh FUCK ME! He's pretty.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 am

Alexandra wrote:

A boy and a girl stood near each other without touching?! MY EYES!! SINNERS! SINNNERRRRSSSS!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THEIR SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 am

JodieO wrote:A boy and a girl stood near each other without touching?! MY EYES!! SINNERS! SINNNERRRRSSSS!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THEIR SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILY
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats