Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:54 pm

[quote="JodieO"]Image

I watched 'The Impossible' with Ewan McGregor at the weekend. Bloody Hell my emotions took a ride on a roller coaster. :shock:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:55 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image

I watched 'The Impossible' with Ewan McGregor at the weekend. Bloody Hell my emotions took a ride on a roller coaster. :shock:

That's on my to-watch list.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:56 pm

JodieO wrote:
Since when do they let hippies that close to Stonehenge? I thought you could only view it from a mile away now??

I think it's just for the summer solstice so just one day a year. Umm, it may be the winter one too, but I don't think so. (Don't quote me. :? )
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:57 pm

JodieO wrote:
JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:[quote="guitargirl"Do we like kissing Ron pic?
Image/quote]

i hate this blonde bitch. :D

That looks like a way better kiss than anything I've ever seen in any Twilight movie.

Absolutely! It looks like the lady is actually participating, which is a huge improvement. :D

That's why he's trying to hold her head in place. He doesn't know what to do with a live one.
[/quote]

Jodes, you are
Funny as Fuck!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

I watched it with my 11 year old and he was close to bailing as parts were very sad. He's a sensitive soul. However, I encouraged him to see it through (as I knew the end) and he was glad he did. However, be prepared to emerge feeling like a survivor. :shock: :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

who is THIS?!!!!

I have no idea :? I think I found it by searching for tattooed guys. I saved it, well b/c aside from the cool tatt on his shoulder 8-) he's got a very nice body ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Gianna wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Hee! Over here some children get the chance to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. There is bronze, silver and gold and they have to do an allocated amount of voluntary work, take up a sport and show improvement over quite a long period of time, take up a skill and show improvement, and go on team building exercises like hiking and camping. They are rigorously assessed and can fail for a number of reasons. To be honest, his weekend was absolutely gruelling, and I'm so proud he came out of it with a smile on his face. Quite a few of the kids looked like they were going to burst into tears after walking for 8 and a half hours with full tent and kit on their backs for a couple of days. My friends daughter passed her Gold and had to help build a school in Malawi, and she climbed Kilimanjaro. Its not for the fainthearted. If you pass, you go to Buckingham Palace to collect your award from the Duke himself and you can take a parent. :D :D :D

Wow - that sounds awesome, GG! I am super impressed.

I'm also impressed he's doing it Gia! He's already studying for his GCSE's, taking guitar exams, training for a new BMKA belt and running the fun run on Sunday. All whilst revising for the end of year exams. :shock: :shock: I don't think he inherited my lazy ass gene's. :lol: :lol:

I'm secondhand proud for you! What an ambitious and motivated kid.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:
amynkansas wrote:[
I have never had an in and out burger. so you will have to drop off one of those too.

Neither have I. Then again I haven't had a burger in over 5 years (I think it was a Wimpy burger and I'm not sure they are still trading.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

We had never been to In and Out (we don't have them in the Midwest) but Mr G really wanted to go. When we were in Vegas a few years ago, we rented a limo with 4 other friends for a night crawling up and down the strip for cocktails, etc. At the end of the evening, we had the driver take us to In and Out. I didn't want to go inside, but I also didn't trust the drunk men to get my burger the right way (sans mayo), so I only had the fries. :|
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:54 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Absolutely! It looks like the lady is actually participating, which is a huge improvement. :D

That's why he's trying to hold her head in place. He doesn't know what to do with a live one.

I'm not sure which post is my fave from today: this one, or GG's banana post. :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Gianna wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
I have never had an in and out burger. so you will have to drop off one of those too.

Neither have I. Then again I haven't had a burger in over 5 years (I think it was a Wimpy burger and I'm not sure they are still trading.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

We had never been to In and Out (we don't have them in the Midwest) but Mr G really wanted to go. When we were in Vegas a few years ago, we rented a limo with 4 other friends for a night crawling up and down the strip for cocktails, etc. At the end of the evening, we had the driver take us to In and Out. I didn't want to go inside, but I also didn't trust the drunk men to get my burger the right way (sans mayo), so I only had the fries. :|

I did have In & Out once when I was in San Fran. I will admit, it was fucking good.

GG... I don't understand this.. you haven't had a burger in years? Are you ok? Should I call emergency services?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Ahem. There are no pickles on In n Out burgers. Next time you come to California, I'll take you there so you can verify.

Also? I don't think Mr. KK and I can go to Boston. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm still going to try to work it in for a shorter amount of time. We're both trying to save up vacation hours and money for The Noisy Sleepless Time. However, my argument of "we'll never get a vacation again that doesn't have to be kid friendly" is, ya know, a good one so fingers crossed!

Wait.. WHAT? WTF is the point of a cheeseburger with no pickles?! There isn't even some sort of coded super sekrit In & Out pickle adding password??

What if you took a long weekend to come to Boston earlier than you had been originally planning? Like over Labor Day or something?

Babies are such life ruiners...

I think there *might* be some relish mixed in with the Thousand Island dressing but not a pickle pickle.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
That looks like a way better kiss than anything I've ever seen in any Twilight movie.

Absolutely! It looks like the lady is actually participating, which is a huge improvement. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Story time:

I was getting dressed to go run errands with Mr. KK and I found some old jeans that are worn out and a little baggy. They looked AWFUL and I said, "These jeans look like they're from 1995!" Mr. KK: "I bet you were hot in 1995." Me: "I was 9."

The End

(And they were super flared jeans so they *actually* look like they were made in 1999. Irrelevant.)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 am

guitargirl wrote:
Hi Elsie! How's the new house? Are you getting ready for naked dancing around Stonehenge for this weeks Summer Solstice? Will this be you with your tatas out?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HA! The new house is going along just fine, nearly all boxes unpacked apart from a couple and they have Mr Elsie's junk in ;)

I am walking over to the stones in the morning at 4am! It's the only time of year that they let anyone near the stones, although they expect 26000 people to attend. Traffic will start to build up soon so I am going out to get my bits and pieces sorted. As we are so close I have been told we will hear the drums and music so I might as well go.

The Tatas will be covered I'm afraid - no one needs to see that!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 am

JodieO wrote:

BWHAHAHAH! ILY
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:18 am

kelbel75 wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

who is THIS?!!!!

I have no idea :? I think I found it by searching for tattooed guys. I saved it, well b/c aside from the cool tatt on his shoulder 8-) he's got a very nice body ;)

This makes me want another tat BAD!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:12 am

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

That's funny cuz this guy ↑ is on my To Do list.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:25 am

Gianna wrote:I'm secondhand proud for you! What an ambitious and motivated kid.

:D :D :D :D He'll need to be. He wants to be a dentist. Seriously, what 14 year old kid KNOWS what they want to do when they grow up? I still haven't decided. :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I did have In & Out once when I was in San Fran. I will admit, it was fucking good.

GG... I don't understand this.. you haven't had a burger in years? Are you ok? Should I call emergency services?[/quote]

Hee! I'm pretty meh about burgers, so I'll only eat them if there's nothing else available (maybe not even then :lol: )If I am going to eat fast food I'll probably choose something I really like. Maybe Chinese, Indian, Mexican or Thai. Nom nom. :D I'll even admit I'm not that keen on chips (fries) either, unless they are with fresh fish from the seaside. Drool. I'm an oddity, that's for sure.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 am

Elsie_Tanner wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
Hi Elsie! How's the new house? Are you getting ready for naked dancing around Stonehenge for this weeks Summer Solstice? Will this be you with your tatas out?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HA! The new house is going along just fine, nearly all boxes unpacked apart from a couple and they have Mr Elsie's junk in ;)

I am walking over to the stones in the morning at 4am! It's the only time of year that they let anyone near the stones, although they expect 26000 people to attend. Traffic will start to build up soon so I am going out to get my bits and pieces sorted. As we are so close I have been told we will hear the drums and music so I might as well go.

The Tatas will be covered I'm afraid - no one needs to see that!

I'm envious! I'd love to go as I haven't been since I was a nipper. The only pic I have is of Mum and I howling with laughter and tears running down our faces and Stonehenge in the background. A wonderful memory. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:quote="JodieO"]Image

That's on my to-watch list.[/quote]

That's funny cuz this guy ↑ is on my To Do list.[/quote]
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:That's on my to-watch list.

That's funny cuz this guy ↑ is on my To Do list.

Mine too!

High five.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:40 am

I feel like my week is slowly and painfully trying to kill me. It might be succeeding.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:I did have In & Out once when I was in San Fran. I will admit, it was fucking good.

GG... I don't understand this.. you haven't had a burger in years? Are you ok? Should I call emergency services?

Hee! I'm pretty meh about burgers, so I'll only eat them if there's nothing else available (maybe not even then :lol: )If I am going to eat fast food I'll probably choose something I really like. Maybe Chinese, Indian, Mexican or Thai. Nom nom. :D I'll even admit I'm not that keen on chips (fries) either, unless they are with fresh fish from the seaside. Drool. I'm an oddity, that's for sure.

I flove burgers. They are so goddamn delicious! I hate making them at home, though, because I suck at it and I rarely have all the condiments on hand so 90% of the time I go to a restaurant I get a burger of some sort. Not all burgers are fast food!

Elsie, you live near Stonehenge? Have I got this right?! Do you have a spare room?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 am

Gianna wrote:I feel like my week is slowly and painfully trying to kill me. It might be succeeding.

I hate weeks like that. I hear reading makes it all better. ;)

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats