Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 am

JodieO wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Since when do they let hippies that close to Stonehenge? I thought you could only view it from a mile away now??

Mr. A and I went to Stonehenge years ago when we went to London for Valentine's Day. (Obviously before kids. When we did interesting spur of the moment things. :? ) And I was so disappointed in Stonehenge. It was raining raining raining and we were so cold. And everything was roped off. And there were effing tourists everywhere. And did I mention that it was cold and rainy? I just wanted a couple of nice photos. Instead I got pictures with a sea of tourists carrying umbrellas. :x
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:13 am

Gianna wrote:I feel like my week is slowly and painfully trying to kill me. It might be succeeding.

I have today and tomorrow standing between me and a week of vacation!!!!!!! And I have a million things to get done (at both home and at the office) before we fly out on Saturday.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:13 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:I feel like my week is slowly and painfully trying to kill me. It might be succeeding.

I hate weeks like that. I hear reading makes it all better. ;)

I know!!! I haven't even had to time to do that. Or if I have had the time, I have been mentally fried. :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 am

Alexandra wrote:

I have today and tomorrow standing between me and a week of vacation!!!!!!! And I have a million things to get done (at both home and at the office) before we fly out on Saturday.

SO FUN!!!!! Remind me, where a you going?

We have a fun weekend ahead, I just have to make it that far.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

My friend got tickets to a free screening of Monsters University, so my youngest and I went with her and her two boys last night. We really enjoyed it! I'd recommend it, if Pixar movies are your kind of thing.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 am

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

SO FUN!!!!! Remind me, where a you going?

We have a fun weekend ahead, I just have to make it that far.

Bar Harbor, Maine! The whole family (including mom and my bro, SIL and niece) are renting a house. I am hoping to get to sneak away from them and meet up with Jodie at some point! :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

mine is absolutely succeeding.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am

OOOH Monsters In Univ does sound like a cute movie, will try and go with Muffin soon!

Hope the week gets better for those of you who're not having fun.Image

I'm just going to drop this here since its *is* June 20th...
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:24 am

Alexandra wrote:
Bar Harbor, Maine! The whole family (including mom and my bro, SIL and niece) are renting a house. I am hoping to get to sneak away from them and meet up with Jodie at some point! :D

Hoping?! You WILL!!

We must make plans!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 am

Alexandra wrote:

Oh yes, that's right...how fun!!! And I am jealous that you may get to hang with Jodie. Hope it works out.

We are going to another couple's house this weekend with some friends of ours and staying the weekend. We are taking their boat out on Saturday. There will be lots of sunscreen, cocktails, and snacks involved. Hallelujah.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 am

lori_seals wrote:

Fight back!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Fight back!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I tried. I lost. Yesterday afternoon included Xanax. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Last night included a lot of beer. Rinse and repeat today? Probably.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:I did have In & Out once when I was in San Fran. I will admit, it was fucking good.

GG... I don't understand this.. you haven't had a burger in years? Are you ok? Should I call emergency services?

Hee! I'm pretty meh about burgers, so I'll only eat them if there's nothing else available (maybe not even then :lol: )If I am going to eat fast food I'll probably choose something I really like. Maybe Chinese, Indian, Mexican or Thai. Nom nom. :D I'll even admit I'm not that keen on chips (fries) either, unless they are with fresh fish from the seaside. Drool. I'm an oddity, that's for sure.

I flove burgers. They are so goddamn delicious! I hate making them at home, though, because I suck at it and I rarely have all the condiments on hand so 90% of the time I go to a restaurant I get a burger of some sort. Not all burgers are fast food!

Elsie, you live near Stonehenge? Have I got this right?! Do you have a spare room?

I think you guys will probably do much better burgers than we have here. When I think of burgers, it tends to be of McDonalds and they are pretty minging over here (I definitely wouldn't recommend them.) Mr GG is very anti McDonalds as he's a complete health nut, (he calls them CrapDonalds :lol: :lol: ) but he does like the Aberdeen Angus speciality steak ones he can cook himself on the BBQ which look nice. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

lori_seals wrote:I tried. I lost. Yesterday afternoon included Xanax. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Last night included a lot of beer. Rinse and repeat today? Probably.

Boo. Sorry things are so crappy right now!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 am

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:I tried. I lost. Yesterday afternoon included Xanax. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Last night included a lot of beer. Rinse and repeat today? Probably.

Boo. Sorry things are so crappy right now!

Our receptionist is off all week due to a family death and we have to cover for her. Which is not just typical receptionist stuff, btw. And then they updated our antivirus program on our server. Which fucked up my computer b/c I don't have enough memory. I have to disable/enable the antivirus every couple of minutes or my billing program has a 10 second lag in everything I do. Imagine how frustrating that is.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 am

In other news, I climbed this today.

Just for shits and giggles. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am

Alexandra wrote:Mr. A and I went to Stonehenge years ago when we went to London for Valentine's Day. (Obviously before kids. When we did interesting spur of the moment things. :? ) And I was so disappointed in Stonehenge. It was raining raining raining and we were so cold. And everything was roped off. And there were effing tourists everywhere. And did I mention that it was cold and rainy? I just wanted a couple of nice photos. Instead I got pictures with a sea of tourists carrying umbrellas. :x

Boo to a crappy visit. You and Mr A should come again and we can all meet at Elsies for pre-Stonehenge brandy. ;)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:42 am

Alexandra wrote:

Im happy for your vacay, but horribly envious that you get to meet Jodes, and vice versa without me. :shock:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:43 am

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Oh yes, that's right...how fun!!! And I am jealous that you may get to hang with Jodie. Hope it works out.

We are going to another couple's house this weekend with some friends of ours and staying the weekend. We are taking their boat out on Saturday. There will be lots of sunscreen, cocktails, and snacks involved. Hallelujah.

OK, I admit it. I am full on sulking right now. Pouts.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

lori_seals wrote:[
I tried. I lost. Yesterday afternoon included Xanax. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Last night included a lot of beer. Rinse and repeat today? Probably.

Oh hell, that sounds crappy. :? HUGS!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am

lori_seals wrote:
Our receptionist is off all week due to a family death and we have to cover for her. Which is not just typical receptionist stuff, btw. And then they updated our antivirus program on our server. Which fucked up my computer b/c I don't have enough memory. I have to disable/enable the antivirus every couple of minutes or my billing program has a 10 second lag in everything I do. Imagine how frustrating that is.

Uh yeah, you win. What a pain in the ass.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am

guitargirl wrote:In other news, I climbed this today.

Looks gorgeous!!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 am

Gianna wrote:
guitargirl wrote:In other news, I climbed this today.

Looks gorgeous!!!

I think it probably is. However, we were completely encased in cloud the entire time as it was raining. I'll do it again in a couple of weeks on a nice day with the kids and we can picnic at the top as its a lovely walk. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 am

guitargirl wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

OK, I admit it. I am full on sulking right now. Pouts.

Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(

Jeez. :? :? I cannot stand cheesy party games. Just give me a party with fab music and plenty to drink, but don't make me look an ass in front of a load of people I barely know. I'm more than capable of embarrassing myself without help thank you. :lol:

You usually go and see a few bands, have you not got any music nights lined up?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats