Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(

I've taken to skipping bridal and baby showers b/c I cannot STAND those stupid fucking games.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:31 am

lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(

I've taken to skipping bridal and baby showers b/c I cannot STAND those stupid fucking games.

Those games are the worst. Second only to "ice breakers" at corporate meetings/retreats. Gag.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am

dancing_echoes wrote:Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(

Oh ew. I hate those things. Fake a migraine!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am

guitargirl wrote:I think it probably is. However, we were completely encased in cloud the entire time as it was raining. I'll do it again in a couple of weeks on a nice day with the kids and we can picnic at the top as its a lovely walk. :D

You are far less lazy than me, lady. I'd be whining the whole way up.

I'm TIIIIII-ERRRRDDDDDDD.... My legs huuurrrrrrttttt....
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Thank goodness we don't have baby showers, and that our hen nights usually just involve a load of girls getting drunk. :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

guitargirl wrote:I think you guys will probably do much better burgers than we have here. When I think of burgers, it tends to be of McDonalds and they are pretty minging over here (I definitely wouldn't recommend them.) Mr GG is very anti McDonalds as he's a complete health nut, (he calls them CrapDonalds :lol: :lol: ) but he does like the Aberdeen Angus speciality steak ones he can cook himself on the BBQ which look nice. :D

Oh man, that is a sadness. Burgers should never be judged by McD's. Why hasn't Sting or Bono done anything about these deplorable conditions yet?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Me too. I have to go to a bridal shower this weekend. One with dumb bridal shower games. :evil: And I have to go renew my driver's license. :twisted: My life is so BORING now. :(

THIS!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 am

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Thank goodness we don't have baby showers, and that our hen nights usually just involve a load of girls getting drunk. :lol:

That's what our bachelor/bachelorette parties are for. :roll:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Those games are the worst. Second only to "ice breakers" at corporate meetings/retreats. Gag.

AMEN!! I hate both with a passion! The skipping thing sounds like a good idea. Thankfully I don't have any relatives of marrying age other than my brother and he's got no prospects right now (at least I think so, he's just started quasy dating an older woman though...)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Our receptionist is off all week due to a family death and we have to cover for her. Which is not just typical receptionist stuff, btw. And then they updated our antivirus program on our server. Which fucked up my computer b/c I don't have enough memory. I have to disable/enable the antivirus every couple of minutes or my billing program has a 10 second lag in everything I do. Imagine how frustrating that is.

Uh yeah, you win. What a pain in the ass.

Ugh. That sounds horrible. Can they not do something to better fix this situation? Like get you more memory?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 am

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I think it probably is. However, we were completely encased in cloud the entire time as it was raining. I'll do it again in a couple of weeks on a nice day with the kids and we can picnic at the top as its a lovely walk. :D

Hee. This walk wasn't too bad as it was only about 2 hours. I have to admit when we climbed Scafell last year, we were walking for over 6 and a half hours as we did 3 peaks. My sense of humour had rolled the hell back down that mountain and was intent on junk punching the person who suggested such a climb. It was pure torture!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Gianna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Our receptionist is off all week due to a family death and we have to cover for her. Which is not just typical receptionist stuff, btw. And then they updated our antivirus program on our server. Which fucked up my computer b/c I don't have enough memory. I have to disable/enable the antivirus every couple of minutes or my billing program has a 10 second lag in everything I do. Imagine how frustrating that is.

Ugh. That sounds horrible. Can they not do something to better fix this situation? Like get you more memory?

Lori, go on strike until it gets better. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 am

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Hee. This walk wasn't too bad as it was only about 2 hours. I have to admit when we climbed Scafell last year, we were walking for over 6 and a half hours as we did 3 peaks. My sense of humour had rolled the hell back down that mountain and was intent on junk punching the person who suggested such a climb. It was pure torture!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:56 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

They are. But it has to be ordered and shipped and installed....
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 pm

lori_seals wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

That's what our bachelor/bachelorette parties are for. :roll:[/quote]
Is a bridal shower different than a bachelorette?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

guitargirl wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Jeez. :? :? I cannot stand cheesy party games. Just give me a party with fab music and plenty to drink, but don't make me look an ass in front of a load of people I barely know. I'm more than capable of embarrassing myself without help thank you. :lol:

You usually go and see a few bands, have you not got any music nights lined up?

No, my nightlife has been curtailed by my lack of funds, lack of local friends, and need to be home at 6:45 every night to give Nikki her shot. :?
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

I can't skip it, I'm in the wedding. :( :?

I couldn't believe that she actually WANTS the games. That's the messed up part. How am I friends with this person?!? :lol:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:I think it probably is. However, we were completely encased in cloud the entire time as it was raining. I'll do it again in a couple of weeks on a nice day with the kids and we can picnic at the top as its a lovely walk. :D

Image[/quote]

Umm, an hour up......and an hour ...down. Whoopi scares me. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Is a bridal shower different than a bachelorette?[/quote]

Yes. The bridal shower is usually a lunch, with ALL the women involved (grannie, mom, mother-in-law, etc) and is the giving expensive presents part. The bachelorette is the going out and getting drunk with penis straws and tiaras part. *gag*
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

guitargirl wrote:Is a bridal shower different than a bachelorette?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_bridal_shower_and_bachelorette_party_means_the_same
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm

JodieO wrote:

I wish I could! I'm in the stupid wedding! :evil:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Jeez. :? :? I cannot stand cheesy party games. Just give me a party with fab music and plenty to drink, but don't make me look an ass in front of a load of people I barely know. I'm more than capable of embarrassing myself without help thank you. :lol:

No, my nightlife has been curtailed by my lack of funds, lack of local friends, and need to be home at 6:45 every night to give Nikki her shot. :?

Ah, I see your problem. I remember when I lived in the city everyone went out straight from work rather than coming home and getting ready to go out later like they do here. It's been so long, I had forgotten. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 pm

guitargirl wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Ah, I see your problem. I remember when I lived in the city everyone went out straight from work rather than coming home and getting ready to go out later like they do here. It's been so long, I had forgotten. :?

I do go out for the odd drink after work. Nikki just gets her shot late those nights. :lol:

I'm just feeling a bit adrift as my friends are mostly married, mostly have moved away, and/or are just not around. I do have tickets for a show in Sept though, so it's not totally off the calendar!

ETA: *plays the world's smallest violin*

:lol: :lol: :roll:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Is a bridal shower different than a bachelorette?[/quote]

Yes. The bridal shower is usually a lunch, with ALL the women involved (grannie, mom, mother-in-law, etc) and is the giving expensive presents part. The bachelorette is the going out and getting drunk with penis straws and tiaras part. *gag*[/quote]

We usually just give presents at the wedding for the married couple. Our grannies get dragged into the evening do with the penis straws too, but usually go home a bit earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Is a bridal shower different than a bachelorette?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_bridal_shower_and_bachelorette_party_means_the_same

Ah, that's clearer.I think it's quite sad that the groom isn't there to open the gifts as they are for the couple. It looks like you buy 2 lots of gifts for the couple then, or do you not give them gifts on their wedding day?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats