Go to footer

Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:08 am

I guess it's officially summer everywhere at this point! Is everyone loving it or are you (like me) hiding inside until the heat goes back down? Does anyone have any fun summer plans? Any summer traditions you can't wait to get to?

The only real tradition I have is sitting on the deck in the evening and reading Harry Potter.

I haven't done much sitting on the deck lately, but I need to get back to that tradition. I'm only on book 2 so far, so anyone can catch up with me! ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Postby lori_seals » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 am

JodieO wrote:I guess it's officially summer everywhere at this point! Is everyone loving it or are you (like me) hiding inside until the heat goes back down? Does anyone have any fun summer plans? Any summer traditions you can't wait to get to?

I'm hiding inside with air conditioners. Summer plans? Working.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 am

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:I guess it's officially summer everywhere at this point! Is everyone loving it or are you (like me) hiding inside until the heat goes back down? Does anyone have any fun summer plans? Any summer traditions you can't wait to get to?

Hah! Same here. Though I'm close to breaking on the AC at home I haven't had it installed yet...

The boy isn't taking you off to do something outdoorsy? Or is he just going to let you hide inside with your fancy new Kindle?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:45 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Hah! Same here. Though I'm close to breaking on the AC at home I haven't had it installed yet...

The boy isn't taking you off to do something outdoorsy? Or is he just going to let you hide inside with your fancy new Kindle?

Oh I'm sure he'll make me go camping again before the summer is over. But he hates the heat too so he'll let me hide inside with my fancy new Kindle, too :D
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby LCneiny » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:22 pm

I guess most people have off today?
Bitches. :lol:

I'm "working" or at least in the office. Mostly because I don't want to take a vacation day since I'm trying to save them up because.... (Jodie look away) ... I'm pregnant too!!! KK and I are actually due 2 days apart from each other :D Good things come in threes huh? First Manda, then KK, now me.

Oh I'm not FB official yet so pls don't say anything on there. I told Mr. LC he could announce it on his birthday in a month.

So everyone if you're going to barbeques/beach/parties this weekend please drink extra for me!! There's going to be a lot of extra alcohol over these next 6 months since I'm off the market so I don't want it all to go to waste :lol:
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby lori_seals » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:28 pm

LCneiny wrote:I guess most people have off today?

I'm "working" or at least in the office. Mostly because I don't want to take a vacation day since I'm trying to save them up because.... (Jodie look away) ... I'm pregnant too!!! KK and I are actually due 2 days apart from each other :D Good things come in threes huh? First Manda, then KK, now me.

Oh I'm not FB official yet so pls don't say anything on there. I told Mr. LC he could announce it on his birthday in a month.

So everyone if you're going to barbeques/beach/parties this weekend please drink extra for me!! There's going to be a lot of extra alcohol over these next 6 months since I'm off the market so I don't want it all to go to waste :lol:

jesus, I'm staying away from you fertile bitches. ;)

Congrats, LC!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Too late! I already saw your post in the other thread. :? :? :?

J/K. Congrats! Make sure you spoiler all photos for the next five years. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Congrats, LC! I'm so happy for you. :D (And glad that it isn't me. ;) )
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Oh congrats honey, I love all the preggos and so glad it's not e either!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 pm

BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

when do we start a baby pool? winner gets to name the baby!

Congrats LC!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:17 pm

amynkansas wrote:BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Congrats LC!!!!

I think they should all have the middle name Plaidly. Then they will be bonded forever! Like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:50 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

You're so cute. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Gah - congratulations!! :D :D :D Yay!!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:00 pm

I was supposed to have the day off today, but ended up working from 7:45 - 2:15. Ugh. I was feeling guilty and way behind so I went into the office and while it sucked, I feel more in control of my stuff there, so I guess that's good.

I got a text from Mr. G an hour or so ago saying that he was at the car dealer and he was buying a truck. We have been talking about getting a boat, and neither of our cars will pull one, so he bought a truck. Okaaay. So...I guess we are getting a boat?
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image

You're so cute. ;)

Hee! Thanks! Even though the reflection of the shed on my glasses makes it look like I have a super wonky eye?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 pm

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Congrats LC!!!!

I think they should all have the middle name Plaidly. Then they will be bonded forever! Like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants!

Can I just say how smug I am that my invented name Plaidly has worked its way into our lives?? Plaidson, it seems, is not of that caliber. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *struts*

I'm trying to come up with a name for LC since Manda chose not to go with Plaidly (an utter mistake, if you ask me) but all I've got is Heinekole or....Britpacko/Britpaco (if we're feeling muy caliente)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 pm

FINALLY! I've been DYING. I can't keep secrets okay? It's sooooo hard! I think Alex was the one that called that there would be three pregnancies but I was eying R4L being the newlywed and all. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

I really hope we deliver on the same day. I will pretend it's like a Pride and Prejudice double wedding but with..ya know...pain and misery. I call Lizzy and if you fight me on it, I'll pull the "I have brown hair, though" card. JSYK.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I've got all the artwork for my teas done! Now comes the hard part... writing the clever descriptions... urrrgghhh... I'm not clever. :?

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:You're so cute. ;)

Hee! Thanks! Even though the reflection of the shed on my glasses makes it look like I have a super wonky eye?

I hadn't even noticed that. I was too busy coveting said glasses and loving your hair.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Kay Kay wrote:I think they should all have the middle name Plaidly. Then they will be bonded forever! Like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants!

Can I just say how smug I am that my invented name Plaidly has worked its way into our lives?? Plaidson, it seems, is not of that caliber. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *struts*

I'm trying to come up with a name for LC since Manda chose not to go with Plaidly (an utter mistake, if you ask me) but all I've got is Heinekole or....Britpacko/Britpaco (if we're feeling muy caliente)
[/quote]

ILY
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:49 pm

JodieO wrote:I've got all the artwork for my teas done! Now comes the hard part... writing the clever descriptions... urrrgghhh... I'm not clever. :?

I think this sounds like a good Flat collaborative project!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 pm

My mother makes landfall at my house at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon and instead of cleaning and stuffing all odds and ends into closets, I am drinking wine and watching The Walking Dead marathon. #priorities
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:57 pm

JodieO wrote:I've got all the artwork for my teas done! Now comes the hard part... writing the clever descriptions... urrrgghhh... I'm not clever. :?

Can you pun on "keeping you up all night"? :P :P :P I can't have caffeinated anything or I wont sleep for days, much like...ya know...an over worked prostitute.

I should NEVER go into marketing.

Oh oh oh!

Maybe steal Elaine's ad and just switch out "Himalayan Walking Shoes" with "Tea."
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Gianna wrote:My mother makes landfall at my house at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon and instead of cleaning and stuffing all odds and ends into closets, I am drinking wine and watching The Walking Dead marathon. #priorities

Yeeaaaah. My in laws are coming tomorrow and I'm currently on their bed with no pants. The master bedroom is the hottest room in the house, okay? I've been sleeping in the guest room.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:My mother makes landfall at my house at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon and instead of cleaning and stuffing all odds and ends into closets, I am drinking wine and watching The Walking Dead marathon. #priorities

Yeeaaaah. My in laws are coming tomorrow and I'm currently on their bed with no pants. The master bedroom is the hottest room in the house, okay? I've been sleeping in the guest room.

No judgement from here.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats