Go to footer

Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Postby JodieO » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 am

lori_seals wrote:Morning conversation with coworker:

Him: I can't believe how much it's costing me to take the family on vacation for a week to NC!!!

Me: I'd think you'd be thankful you CAN go on vacation...

Him: *turns and walks away*

:roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I'll just entertain myself, then.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Seriously, where the hell is everyone??
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 pm

lori_seals wrote:Seriously, where the hell is everyone??

Right!? Are we the only ones still stuck in our boring jobs who need to be entertained to prevent violent sprees?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:16 pm

JodieO wrote:

Right!? Are we the only ones still stuck in our boring jobs who need to be entertained to prevent violent sprees?

Clearly, yes. :?
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Clearly, yes. :?

LAME. We need new jobs.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:08 pm

I had a craptastic day at work. the head nurse got in big trouble for something and then decided that 2 minutes later she wanted to "talk" to me about some slowness that has been going on with the photographers that is slowing down their discharge process. Which wasn't what she got in trouble for but she was really revved up from her ass just being chewed... Well, it is one photographer out of 3 that keeps doing it, not me, but this nurse doesn't seem the type that wanted to hear excuses so I said "I'm sorry that's been happening. I will do this to keep it from happening. sorry".
Then on the way home I cried. I am not used to being yelled at. Do. Not. Like.

Let's all get new jobs.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 pm

amynkansas wrote:I had a craptastic day at work. the head nurse got in big trouble for something and then decided that 2 minutes later she wanted to "talk" to me about some slowness that has been going on with the photographers that is slowing down their discharge process. Which wasn't what she got in trouble for but she was really revved up from her ass just being chewed... Well, it is one photographer out of 3 that keeps doing it, not me, but this nurse doesn't seem the type that wanted to hear excuses so I said "I'm sorry that's been happening. I will do this to keep it from happening. sorry".
Then on the way home I cried. I am not used to being yelled at. Do. Not. Like.

Let's all get new jobs.

Slowness with photographers? I donut understand. You go in to photograph when babies are available for photographing, right? Do you have that much say over when you get to go in??

You are much nicer than me. I'd have told her to shut her fat yap. :?

HUGS

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:23 pm

new job idea

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 am

SO HAPPY to be home! Both of my flights were on time yesterday (amazing) and my bag was one of the first on the luggage carousel. I really should have stopped for a lotto ticket on my way home from the airport. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 am

Gianna wrote:SO HAPPY to be home! Both of my flights were on time yesterday (amazing) and my bag was one of the first on the luggage carousel. I really should have stopped for a lotto ticket on my way home from the airport. :lol:

You should have!!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:11 am

Someone either talk me out of the notion that I want to pack up and move to England or help me think of a career I can train for in Maine so that I could actually be eligible for a work visa.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 am

JodieO wrote:Someone either talk me out of the notion that I want to pack up and move to England or help me think of a career I can train for in Maine so that I could actually be eligible for a work visa.

Time to email Zanne and have her check into which fields are most likely to get a work Visa issued in the UK. Or you could enroll in school in the UK and figure the rest out as you go along? (I'm not trying to get rid of you . . . but you know I'd visit you there.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:Someone either talk me out of the notion that I want to pack up and move to England or help me think of a career I can train for in Maine so that I could actually be eligible for a work visa.

Time to email Zanne and have her check into which fields are most likely to get a work Visa issued in the UK. Or you could enroll in school in the UK and figure the rest out as you go along? (I'm not trying to get rid of you . . . but you know I'd visit you there.)

We'd have lots of fun!

I wonder if I could get a job whilst being a student... I wouldn't have enough money to just be a student.. even if I mooched off Flatmates the whole time.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:48 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

We'd have lots of fun!

I wonder if I could get a job whilst being a student... I wouldn't have enough money to just be a student.. even if I mooched off Flatmates the whole time.

My oldest has announced that she intends to go to University in London. (Not sure how she/we'll be paying for that.) You should have seen her face when I announced that I was going to tag along as her roommate/chaperone. Priceless.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

My oldest has announced that she intends to go to University in London. (Not sure how she/we'll be paying for that.) You should have seen her face when I announced that I was going to tag along as her roommate/chaperone. Priceless.

I KNOW, you can hire me as her chaperone! I can get a work visa as a domestic employee! ;)

If you can convince her to go to a local university for at least the first year, you can save on $$ and her university might have some kind of study abroad program that might make it less expensive. One of my college buddies did that and lived for a year in London. She also did a summer in Spain. Not. Jealous. At. All.

ETA: Because our college and whatever college she went to in London had an exchange program they had an off-campus flat already established that all the American students lived in. Might also make it easier with the whole housing issue.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby robzanne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:02 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I KNOW, you can hire me as her chaperone! I can get a work visa as a domestic employee! ;)

If you can convince her to go to a local university for at least the first year, you can save on $$ and her university might have some kind of study abroad program that might make it less expensive. One of my college buddies did that and lived for a year in London. She also did a summer in Spain. Not. Jealous. At. All.

ETA: Because our college and whatever college she went to in London had an exchange program they had an off-campus flat already established that all the American students lived in. Might also make it easier with the whole housing issue.

It seems my ears were burning , u can be my same sex like partner , I hear its legal over here ....
Also go me , I remembered my log in details x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby robzanne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Look at my. Siggi. Wowzers

Sobs at the memories

I truly hope everyone is well, I miss the good days when I would will u girls to wake up and post about cellphone/peens , make gifs and laugh all day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:31 am

robzanne wrote:Look at my. Siggi. Wowzers

Sobs at the memories

I truly hope everyone is well, I miss the good days when I would will u girls to wake up and post about cellphone/peens , make gifs and laugh all day.

LOVE the siggi!!!

for old time sake...

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 am

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:16 am

If you could do any job, regardless of your education, age, sex, height, strength, physical abilities or family status or any other limitations or roadblocks - what would you do?
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:03 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:If you could do any job, regardless of your education, age, sex, height, strength, physical abilities or family status or any other limitations or roadblocks - what would you do?

ohh, what a good question!! 8-) hmm, let me see *thinking* in my daydreams I'm always some kind of free-lance journalist. I wouldn't be tied down to an office/location & I'd get payed for writing about things :D don't know what kinds of things tho :? I've always liked the idea of running a quirky little bookstore too, tho maybe I'd rather just "manage" one, the responsibility of "owning" would be too stressful :| I've mentioned that I'd like to write the story summaries on book cover dust jackets too, so copy-writing? and some kind of "gopher" on a movie set, especially the on-location ones, would be amazing!
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 am

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:52 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

Image Image

I would photograph British celebrities...
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats