Go to footer

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby cedvanhalen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Day 3. Going semi-strong.

So, before I started this challenge, I drank a lot of soda. A lot. Since then, I have completely taken it out of my diet. And I'm starting to feel it. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to caffeine, because for the past two days I have woken up with a headache that I'm sure will be cured by Dr Pepper. But, I'm powering through!
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Apple wrote:Hi!

I´m so happy that I got 7 points on monday and even 8 yesterday! Today I think I will reach 8 points as well.
I just converted the 64 oz water to liters....and it´s only 1,89 liters? That´s not much so that´s an easy point for me :D

Does it count as a point for exercising if I missed the bus and had to walk? :D
If it doesn´t count I need to search for my yoga-CD and try some of the exercises.

Have a nice day!

yes that counts and if it took 20 min? that could count as your alone time away from tv ;) make it work for you people
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 pm

mandaliz wrote:I may be playing a little fast and loose with the "presentable" point. I have a pretty bad cold but I am showered and dressed but not looking my best. With the way I feel, showering was a major accomplishment this morning!

Thanks for inspiring me to keep going, ladies, when I all I want to do is give in. You guys rock!

Honey, that's me today. I showered last night and my hair looks a bit like Rob kept running his fingers through it all night but I'm dressed and i'm probably not leaving the house today but if anyone comes to the door I'd be fine answering in what I'm wearing.

My definition of presentable: You have hair that's been washed in the last 48 hours, your clothes are not the ones you wore yesterday nor are they the ones you slept in and your teeth are brushed. That's a lot of leniency :P haha that's a pretty easy task... Now funny aside, if this were my mother (she has dentures) I would say you have to have your teeth in lady. Of course over Christmas, she lost them. she's not sure where so if she were playing she'd be SOL with out her teeth!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JenKB » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Okay, so day 2 was pretty good. I still got my 8 points. I'm struggling with the fruit and veggie item (does salsa count as a veggie or wine for fruit? ;) ) I also forgot to give an unsolicited compliment. Goodness, what a curmudgeon I am. I'll do better today!

I must say I'm really enjoying this. I know it's still early, but I'm glad I have this forum 'cause I know I'd probably burn out sooner than later. This morning I was struggling with getting up for the gym as even after 7+ hours of sleep, I was still super tired (I think I'm PMSing...sorry if tmi), but I rallied telling myself that I had to do this for the challenge. 47 minutes and 3.75 miles later, I stepped off the treadmill happy that I hadn't stayed safe under the covers. :)

Lastly, I also really appreciate the 20 minutes AWAY from the TV and computer item. It's given me a chance to re-focus, prep for the next day and relax drinking hot mint tea (I like mint tea cuz it's minty :) ) and reading Eclipse. Otherwise, I'd still probably be glued to my computer reading fan fic and staying up late. Now, I'm also going to bed at a more reasonable hour (10pm), in order to get my minimum of 7 hours of sleep. As our favorite Mr. Cullen would say, "It's all about balance, Love." And so it is...
:D
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby JenKB » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 pm

JenKB wrote:
Okay, so day 2 was pretty good. I still got my 8 points. I'm struggling with the fruit and veggie item (does salsa count as a veggie or wine for fruit? ;) ) I also forgot to give an unsolicited compliment. Goodness, what a curmudgeon I am. I'll do better today!

I must say I'm really enjoying this. I know it's still early, but I'm glad I have this forum 'cause I know I'd probably burn out sooner than later. This morning I was struggling with getting up for the gym as even after 7+ hours of sleep, I was still super tired (I think I'm PMSing...sorry if tmi), but I rallied telling myself that I had to do this for the challenge. 47 minutes and 3.75 miles later, I stepped off the treadmill happy that I hadn't stayed safe under the covers. :)

Lastly, I also really appreciate the 20 minutes AWAY from the TV and computer item. It's given me a chance to re-focus, prep for the next day and relax drinking hot mint tea (I like mint tea cuz it's minty :) ) and reading Eclipse. Otherwise, I'd still probably be glued to my computer reading fan fic and staying up late. Now, I'm also going to bed at a more reasonable hour (10pm), in order to get my minimum of 7 hours of sleep. As our favorite Mr. Cullen would say, "It's all about balance, Love." And so it is...

Wait! Does praising Rob's good looks (understatement!) count as an unsolicited compliment? Ha ha! :lol:
JenKB

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 pm

SingleStrand wrote:Thanks for all the sweet thoughts last night girls! It was very encouraging. Today is already a better day - we have water :P And I have a job interview :P I'll talk to you all later tonight! Have a good day.

SS good luck on the job interview, I can't wait to hear all about it! I've been on a few lately but nothing yet. So yay for an interview. hopefully it leads to great places!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JenKB » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
SingleStrand wrote:Thanks for all the sweet thoughts last night girls! It was very encouraging. Today is already a better day - we have water :P And I have a job interview :P I'll talk to you all later tonight! Have a good day.

SS good luck on the job interview, I can't wait to hear all about it! I've been on a few lately but nothing yet. So yay for an interview. hopefully it leads to great places!

I second that! Sending you positive interview vibes! :D :D
JenKB

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:06 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
yes that counts and if it took 20 min? that could count as your alone time away from tv ;) make it work for you people

It really took 20 minutes because of the snow&ice on the streets....I slided half of the way and stumbled the other half of the way! You know, "ice doesn´t help the uncoordinated". ;)

I took my 20 minutes away from the TV/Computer to start with a new book my boyfriend gave me for christmas.
Apple
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 pm

LaPush Baby wrote:I have a question regarding the wild card point for this week. Since it was to write a post introducing ourselves, do we count that point every day if we already did it? I didn't count it again yesterday, 'cause I didn't know.....thanks!

yes the wild card for this week counts for the whole week... so yes you get all 7 points for your one post!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 pm

cedvanhalen wrote:Day 3. Going semi-strong.

So, before I started this challenge, I drank a lot of soda. A lot. Since then, I have completely taken it out of my diet. And I'm starting to feel it. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to caffeine, because for the past two days I have woken up with a headache that I'm sure will be cured by Dr Pepper. But, I'm powering through!

I <3 Mountain Dew! that is my heroin of choice ;)
i allow myself 8 oz of mountain dew for ever 32 oz of water I drink... I don't go over 1 16 oz bottle but i still get about 80oz of water, hence the pea pea dance ;)
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

JenKB wrote:
I still got my 8 points. I'm struggling with the fruit and veggie item (does salsa count as a veggie or wine for fruit? ;) )

I also forgot to give an unsolicited compliment.
I think I'm PMSing...sorry if tmi

happy that I hadn't stayed safe under the covers. :)

As our favorite Mr. Cullen would say, "It's all about balance, Love." And so it is...

Jen... well done you! Yay for getting out of bed I struggle, I think we all do. you're funny if you think i'm going to let you count salsa and wine though ;)
as far as the unsolicited compliment, i talk to people when standing in line somewhere. I was waiting at CVS to fill my prescription and the girl in front of me had just had dental work. I know because i could hear her. She complained to her boyfriend about how awful she must look and was basically facing me when she said it so I said, I can't even tell. I've been there before but you look fine. We started chatting and I reassured her though it may feel like you have a grapefruit coming out of your cheek it's not true. I am a talker... I can compliment or engage random people... is that a gift or am I the crazy lady at the store that you all avoid?

As far as TMI, I don't know about you but 1) we're all in this together, 2) after being on the flat for 6mo's there's no such thing as tmi... there might be ew gross! but no tmi ;) and 3) if something is TMI for anyone... just let us know we can dial it back.

Finally, it is all about balance - like an upside down pyramid... and we've all got one. Hopefully we can all keep it up in the air. all the best to all of you!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Apple wrote:
emmeloowhoo wrote:

It really took 20 minutes because of the snow&ice on the streets....I slided half of the way and stumbled the other half of the way! You know, "ice doesn´t help the uncoordinated". ;)

I took my 20 minutes away from the TV/Computer to start with a new book my boyfriend gave me for christmas.

Apple, where are you because Ice and snow ew! count it as your exercise! the fact that your still alive is something to celebrate!!! :)

and oh! what book?
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:03 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
Apple, where are you because Ice and snow ew! count it as your exercise! the fact that your still alive is something to celebrate!!! :)

and oh! what book?

:D I´m in Germany! It´s really cold outside and everything is covered in white......and they said it´ll be snowing the whole weekend...... :evil:

The book....it´s called "Thirteen Reasons Why" from Jay Asher. Do you know it?
It´s about a girl who commited suicide and before she did, she recorded tapes to tell the people, who are her reasons for suicide, that they are responsible for it. Everyone she mentions on the tapes has to listen to them and then send the tapes to the next person on the list.

I hope this description is gramatically correct :D I´ve got problems with the tenses sometimes and I always forget where the word "also" has to be placed in a sentence....oh your language isn´t so easy, but it´s easier than French.....I have to learn that as well in school.....
Apple
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Apple wrote:
emmeloowhoo wrote:

and oh! what book?

:D I´m in Germany! It´s really cold outside and everything is covered in white......and they said it´ll be snowing the whole weekend...... :evil:

It´s about a girl who commited suicide and before she did, she recorded tapes to tell the people, who are her reasons for suicide, that they are responsible for it. Everyone she mentions on the tapes has to listen to them and then send the tapes to the next person on the list.

I hope this description is gramatically correct :D I´ve got problems with the tenses sometimes and I always forget where the word "also" has to be placed in a sentence....oh your language isn´t so easy, but it´s easier than French.....I have to learn that as well in school.....

I haven't heard the of the book but i'm always looking for good recommends! and brr! I'm in LA where it's 73 (22*C) today... i couldn't handle the snow anymore!

and you're doing amazing w/ your English I got everything! keep it up!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Samalia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:46 pm

cdubs wrote:
Samalia wrote:lets see, my name is Sam and I'm a slightly closeted twilight addict (that's normal right?) and i'm in loooooove with this challenge! can't wait to get started! printing out the rules and regulations as we speak to attach to every surface of my casa.

oh and i think my favorite vamp is jasper sans poodle wig. i like book jasper i guess. when he doesn't have a corny southern accent.

Where is the quote from your signature from? It's too cute & funny!

hahah that'd be from my loving ex dave! total non-unicorn but somehow he knows which actress belongs to which vampire movie...
Viva Denim! (Oh Twittah!)
ImageImageImageImage
Samalia
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby bedpan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:17 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:

i allow myself 8 oz of mountain dew for ever 32 oz of water I drink... I don't go over 1 16 oz bottle but i still get about 80oz of water, hence the pea pea dance ;)

That's really what I'm trying to quit - the morning pop, and pop in general. (can you tell I'm from the midwest?)
I have it down to a can of coke now, and most of the time, I don't even finish that, but... it's a struggle.
Along w/ the weight I've gained in the past couple of years, I wonder how we start these bad habits. I look at all this stuff and I think... why didn't I stop myself before? Like, 20 lbs ago even (let alone more than that...) shouldn't I have gone, "hey, hold on here...," because lord knows it's so much harder to STOP doing something and lose the weight than it is to put it all on.
Grrrr. 2010.
I must say, though, I'm 2 days into this 60 days of Bikram yoga, and I'm really enjoying it. It makes me not want to eat junk, ever, and I feel kind of glowy and stretched out, though I'm the only person in my class not wearing underpants and a sportsbra to do the work in - sorry, class. Just not there yet.
bedpan
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby cedvanhalen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:45 pm

bedpan wrote:
emmeloowhoo wrote:

That's really what I'm trying to quit - the morning pop, and pop in general. (can you tell I'm from the midwest?)
I have it down to a can of coke now, and most of the time, I don't even finish that, but... it's a struggle.
Along w/ the weight I've gained in the past couple of years, I wonder how we start these bad habits. I look at all this stuff and I think... why didn't I stop myself before? Like, 20 lbs ago even (let alone more than that...) shouldn't I have gone, "hey, hold on here...," because lord knows it's so much harder to STOP doing something and lose the weight than it is to put it all on.
Grrrr. 2010.
I must say, though, I'm 2 days into this 60 days of Bikram yoga, and I'm really enjoying it. It makes me not want to eat junk, ever, and I feel kind of glowy and stretched out, though I'm the only person in my class not wearing underpants and a sportsbra to do the work in - sorry, class. Just not there yet.

haha I like your midwest comment. I'm from the midwest as well, but living with roommates who say "soda" instead of "pop" has gotten me into the habit.

I really enjoy yoga. I've only been able to go a couple of times, but as soon as I get back to college next week I'm definitely going to go to a couple of classes.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Lindelle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Hey girls!

I need some advice. What can I do for my 20 minutes of exercise in the winter? I like to run in the summer but it's too cold now to be outside for more than a couple minutes. And I don't have the $$$ for a gym membership really. Any suggestions?
"The world is a weird place." - Rob
Lindelle
Leghitcher

Postby Lindelle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:31 pm

bedpan wrote:
Grrrr. 2010.

Good for you with the yoga! I took a class in that once and really liked it. Tell me if you learn "tree pose" cause that's my fav :lol:
"The world is a weird place." - Rob
Lindelle
Leghitcher

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Lindelle wrote:Hey girls!

I need some advice. What can I do for my 20 minutes of exercise in the winter? I like to run in the summer but it's too cold now to be outside for more than a couple minutes. And I don't have the $$$ for a gym membership really. Any suggestions?

you mean it's not 73 there today like it is here :P okay just kidding!

my roommate and I have the wii fit but even that isn't something I do every day. I'm not sure where you are in PA but is there a mall or something you could go walk around? i know I know the mall walkers but hey it's indoor and you can window shop at the same time! while i would suggest dvd/vhs work outs you might not really like one enough to buy it. so what about seeing if your library has some that you can check out. This was from a friend who is going to do yoga at home but can't afford to go to classes. Just my thoughts, any one else have ideas?
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby moaninmymouth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Apple wrote::D I´m in Germany! It´s really cold outside and everything is covered in white......and they said it´ll be snowing the whole weekend...... :evil:

Hi neighbor!
I live in Vienna, so not that far away from you :) and it's white here as well (I actually walked through the blizzard last night, so I'll go back to the sheet and add that up as my workout)

PS: I have the same problems as Apple (being that my native language is Romanian, but I speak German daily and talk to you guys in English.) So please forgive me if I get confused (corrections are gladly accepted)

Love,
moan
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

it's twittah!
moaninmymouth
Fake Lesbian

Postby cdubs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Funny, you all keep talking about quiting soda and I'm actually trying to get "on it" I always get a craving for something sweet mid afteernoon. If there's no chocolate to be found, I stick a spoon in the goober [hangs head in shame] but what I've been doing now is drink a diet cola, any kind really, but it has no calories and quenches the sweet tooth.
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cdubs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 pm

wii fit would be good. a jump rope maybe? but i guess it'd be hard to do 20 min of that. Is there a family video by you? they have dvd's that you can check out for free. you don't need to rent anything to get them. Try sparkpeople. they may have something too, it's a cool website, lots of resources.
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm

The only thing I can suggest is a workout dvd of some sort. Maybe the library? If they don't have anything, I have a Biggest Loser DVD that I'd be more than willing to lend you.

It's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Biggest-Loser-Workout-Cardio-Max/dp/B000WEVGHA/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_c
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby moaninmymouth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I just want to give you a big thanks for joining this and motivating me!

Because when I read about you guys waking up at 5 am to work out and then going to work and just being super-human, I feel really ashamed. I don't have half of the things you have going on and I still didn't manage to gain more than 5 crappy points on my first day. :(
But I've been doing better and better. And that is because of you girls. So thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us.

Big hugs,
moan
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

it's twittah!
moaninmymouth
Fake Lesbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser