Go to footer

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby cdubs » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Yay! The first week is over and it can only get better from here! Now that we know what to expect and we're falling into a bit of a routine. I've done pretty good so far, not perfect 10's but can't complaint. The best thing for me has been the 7 hours of sleep a night. I never get enoug sleep and I'm always so tired. Sleeping always gets relegated behind "more important" things, it's easier for it to move up the list when I HAVE to do it. So it's been awesome!
Yay us!!! We are doing so good!
xoxo to everybody!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 am

New week ladies...

Can we do it? Are you in the routine?

My roommate isn't doing the challenge but she's doing her own thing and has been such an inspiration. She made lunches every day last week. And didn't buy any food except for 1 meal Saturday night. She is doing Atkins and and already lost a few pounds .... I can't believe it! I need to be more like her!

New week and ready to get 'er done!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SeattleLisa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 am

Something good happened to me tonight. I had planned to go out with hubby and a Twilight girlfriend I had met through another blog. We were planning to go to my hubby's Acoustic music showcase at this restaurant that has 1 of my favorite desserts. So as planned we split the brownie sundae 3 ways and I was thrilled that I couldn't even finish my portion. (I'm counting this as 2 small treats for the day.) Normally I could've polished off that whole dessert by myself but since I've had 4+ days of eating healthy with very little processed sugar, I found the dessert just too rich and sweet. Pushing my not empty plate away was a total WIN for me! yay!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby mandaliz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:40 am

SeattleLisa wrote:Something good happened to me tonight. I had planned to go out with hubby and a Twilight girlfriend I had met through another blog. We were planning to go to my hubby's Acoustic music showcase at this restaurant that has 1 of my favorite desserts. So as planned we split the brownie sundae 3 ways and I was thrilled that I couldn't even finish my portion. (I'm counting this as 2 small treats for the day.) Normally I could've polished off that whole dessert by myself but since I've had 4+ days of eating healthy with very little processed sugar, I found the dessert just too rich and sweet. Pushing my not empty plate away was a total WIN for me! yay!

Great job! It's great when you can really start to feel better inside & out. Keep up the good work!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby moaninmymouth » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:02 am

SeattleLisa wrote:Something good happened to me tonight. I had planned to go out with hubby and a Twilight girlfriend I had met through another blog. We were planning to go to my hubby's Acoustic music showcase at this restaurant that has 1 of my favorite desserts. So as planned we split the brownie sundae 3 ways and I was thrilled that I couldn't even finish my portion. (I'm counting this as 2 small treats for the day.) Normally I could've polished off that whole dessert by myself but since I've had 4+ days of eating healthy with very little processed sugar, I found the dessert just too rich and sweet. Pushing my not empty plate away was a total WIN for me! yay!

Yay for you! I noticed the same thing happening to me too. I am now much more focused on what my body needs (instead of what I crave for). I would very rarely leave food on my plate before. Now I just put it aside when I feel full. And it's not even that hard anymore.

And results are starting to show: I've already lost 2 pounds!!! YAY

keep it going, girls!
Last edited by moaninmymouth on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

it's twittah!
moaninmymouth
Fake Lesbian

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:26 am

Well like a lot of you the weekend has definitely proved to be my downfall :(

No exercising, eating too many snacks, eating too late, sleeping in, not enough water. It didn't help that I had friends visiting for weekend.

I vow that next weekend will be better, I will concentrate harder and earn more than four points :roll: The gym that I go to is right next to my work, which is a 45 minute train ride from my apartment so I never go to the gym on the weekends. So I bought an exercise dvd so that I can start working out on the weekends as well, I feel like this little thing alone is a step in the right direction.

Here's to a new week!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 am

Yay!! good for you for :) Every day it gets a little easier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby lori_seals » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Weekends are so much harder for most of us it seems! Add me to that list. Ugh.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 pm

I hope you don't mind, but I just joined this at 11pm last night and so I'm on my week one wild card. I'm Gretchen. My fav Twi Actor RPatz obvious reasons, my Character is Alice because I want that energy. I've only seen NM twice. Maybe I'll go in the $3 theater. It was my least fav book, so it's my least fav movie, and I read TW 4x, NM 2x, EC 2x, and BD 5x. I hated BD until I went through it a second time and then couldn't put it down. I love happy endings for all characters involved, which makes me in the minority group, it seems, for liking Renesmee. I'm going to really work hard at this because I have a tendency to drop things. I like this, though. :D
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby Courtney_0624 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

It seems to be a trend that the weekend sucked! I am no exception, I totally got off my routine. I am hoping this week will be much better, and I am going to try my hardest to make sure the weekend goes good. I'm a little worried because a friend of mine is coming into town and she wants to go out......I've been really good about not indulging in alcohol but I feel like I have to go out with her. :( We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the other stories about the struggles over the weekend. It helps so much to get back in a routine when you have people who understand and encourage you.

Once again I am SOOO glad to be doing this challenge! Thank you to all! :D
Courtney_0624
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby JenKB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:32 pm

SpunkyBookworm wrote:I hope you don't mind, but I just joined this at 11pm last night and so I'm on my week one wild card. I'm Gretchen. My fav Twi Actor RPatz obvious reasons, my Character is Alice because I want that energy. I've only seen NM twice. Maybe I'll go in the $3 theater. It was my least fav book, so it's my least fav movie, and I read TW 4x, NM 2x, EC 2x, and BD 5x. I hated BD until I went through it a second time and then couldn't put it down. I love happy endings for all characters involved, which makes me in the minority group, it seems, for liking Renesmee. I'm going to really work hard at this because I have a tendency to drop things. I like this, though. :D

Welcome, Gretchen!! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser