Go to footer

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby cedvanhalen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Yay for getting started!
So, I'm Whitney. I joined the forum a couple of months ago, but am just now getting to looking around on it.
Let's see, my favorite Twi actor is Rob. He is a main reason I got into the series in the first place. Hello, he was Cedric Diggory. (I'm an HP fan..) As for my favorite character, that is a bit harder. It is a toss up between Emmett and Alice.
I have read Twilight and Breaking Dawn twice each, and New Moon and Eclipse three times. NM and Eclipse are my favorite two, so it makes sense that I've read them more..And I've seen NM in theatres 3 times. I think.
Last edited by cedvanhalen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JenKB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Everyone!!! <waving> I'm so excited to be doing this. My name is Jennifer (feel free to call me Jen). I've been on the forums for just over a month, as I didn't discover the world of Twilight until late November of 2009. My favorite Twi actor is Rob. My favorite Twi character is probably Edward, closely followed by Bella and Alice. I have only read the entire series in its entirety once (again I'm late to the game, but I just got my own copies of the saga for Christmas, yay!), but I have read Twilight over 10 times, my favorite sections of NM multiple times, and I'm currently on my second full read of Eclipse. I have seen New Moon 3 times in the theatre, and my brother-in-law just gave me a bootleg copy via his computer for Christmas, so I've seen it twice more since Christmas.

2010 is going to be a great year. Let's make it fun, healthy and full of Twilight fun!
:D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

robsten4life wrote:Emme I have a question, for #7
Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.

I have a 45 min commute to/from work where I sit on the train and read a book/listen to music does this count?

I wasn't sure because it's something I'm forced into, but I do enjoy having the time virtually to myself (even though there are lots of people around me)

While I would like to say i'd love for you to find something "else" that you choose to do for 20 min like go for a walk on your lunch or something, 1) you live in the arctic tundra and 2) where else do you get that time when for 90 min of your day you're on a train.

So, I'm going to say I'll let your commute count - any others have other thoughts? The reason I didn't complete the challenge last year is it wasn't flexible to my single working girl life style and just because you at work or getting to and from work for 10 hours a day shouldn't exclude you where I who currently am unemployed and have ALL the time in the world.

Does this work with everyone and anyone else who is a working girl?
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby obird » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Hello Ladies....what an awesome idea!! Anyway, my name is Olivia...my nickname is obird...long story. :) I am an opera singer living in NYC....I have been on LTT/LTR since last spring and on the forum (reading mostly) since the summer. My favorite Twi-actor is Rob...big surprise. My favorite character is Emmett....I just think he is hysterical and would love to take him out for a beer. Ummm, I have read the saga in its entirety I think 4 times....and I have seen NM 5 times in the theaters...BUT...but...but...well, not buts...I just loved it. :) I am so excited to get started and can't wait to get to know everyone! Have a great Monday!!! ~obird :)
obird
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JenKB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.

I have a 45 min commute to/from work where I sit on the train and read a book/listen to music does this count?

I wasn't sure because it's something I'm forced into, but I do enjoy having the time virtually to myself (even though there are lots of people around me)

While I would like to say i'd love for you to find something "else" that you choose to do for 20 min like go for a walk on your lunch or something, 1) you live in the arctic tundra and 2) where else do you get that time when for 90 min of your day you're on a train.

So, I'm going to say I'll let your commute count - any others have other thoughts? The reason I didn't complete the challenge last year is it wasn't flexible to my single working girl life style and just because you at work or getting to and from work for 10 hours a day shouldn't exclude you where I who currently am unemployed and have ALL the time in the world.

Emme, I think this is more than fair, and I appreciate the flexibility. As you said, this whole thing is based on the honor system, and I think with these questions we can ask ourselves if we would think it was cool for someone else to do that to figure out the answer. Personally, I am primarily using this as a motivational tool and a fun way to connect and not so concerned with any prizes, etc. The journey is a prize within itself. :D
JenKB

Postby lori_seals » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:37 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:

I think that's fine, Emme.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Walking_Disaster » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Wild Card week of 1/4

Well howdy. My name is Chelsea (ChelseaHeptig on Twitter and on LT/LTR) and I am one of the organizers behind #LegHitch2010. I live in southern California, a hop & and a skip from LA (aka 40 mins, no traffic.) Um, I am a student and I work at some pretty random jobs. Crap it's already past 11 and I'm still in my jammies. I fail that one on the first day damnit! *-10 points for me*

Lets see, my favorite Twi actor...that has to be a toss up between Rob (duh) and Billy Burke. My favorite Twi Character, aside from Edward & Bella, is definitely Charlie. I love me some copstache! I have read the whole series, I think 7 times. I've lost count. And I've seen New Moon, lemme think, five and a half times. Yes, 5.5 times. How can there be a half in there you ask? Well, I had pre-screening tickets for a 9:30 show on release night, but still wanted to see it at midnight with all of the #LALadies, so I left halfway through my VERY FIRST TIME SEEING IT! Torture!!!! But it was worth it!
Walking_Disaster
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Happy Monday and hope everyone is up and going... it's after 11 am here so everyone should be dressed and ready to present them selves to the world. I mean would Rob or Jackson (in my case) do you if he walked in to your apartment? ;) gotta be ready you never know what will happen!

I hope you can all enjoy the community and enjoy the changes that will be amazing this year. I'm looking forward to a new and better me! Now, it's time for me to get off the computer and get some stuff done away from the electronic media gods...and for me, it means no blackberry for 20 min... i need to have that break.

ok... xo lovies!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Walking_Disaster wrote:Wild Card week of 1/4

Well howdy. My name is Chelsea (ChelseaHeptig on Twitter and on LT/LTR) and I am one of the organizers behind #LegHitch2010. I live in southern California, a hop & and a skip from LA (aka 40 mins, no traffic.) Um, I am a student and I work at some pretty random jobs. Crap it's already past 11 and I'm still in my jammies. I fail that one on the first day damnit! *-10 points for me*

Lets see, my favorite Twi actor...that has to be a toss up between Rob (duh) and Billy Burke. My favorite Twi Character, aside from Edward & Bella, is definitely Charlie. I love me some copstache! I have read the whole series, I think 7 times. I've lost count. And I've seen New Moon, lemme think, five and a half times. Yes, 5.5 times. How can there be a half in there you ask? Well, I had pre-screening tickets for a 9:30 show on release night, but still wanted to see it at midnight with all of the #LALadies, so I left halfway through my VERY FIRST TIME SEEING IT! Torture!!!! But it was worth it!

Chels! I <3 U! You crack me up! and you don't loose all your points for the day because you're still in your jammies ;)
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

obird wrote:Hello Ladies....what an awesome idea!! Anyway, my name is Olivia...my nickname is obird...long story. :) I am an opera singer living in NYC....I have been on LTT/LTR since last spring and on the forum (reading mostly) since the summer. My favorite Twi-actor is Rob...big surprise. My favorite character is Emmett....I just think he is hysterical and would love to take him out for a beer. Ummm, I have read the saga in its entirety I think 4 times....and I have seen NM 5 times in the theaters...BUT...but...but...well, not buts...I just loved it. :) I am so excited to get started and can't wait to get to know everyone! Have a great Monday!!! ~obird :)

Where do you sing Olivia? I used to have a friend who sang w/ the Met. I <3 New York City! That's where I was when I saw New Moon for the first time :P
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby EyesofAmber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I need something to make me more accountable for making the changes I need to, and this looks great. I'm Amber, the creator of Eyes of Amber.

My favorite Twi actor is definitely Rob. I love how completely he becomes the characters that he portrays. Within five minutes I forget that it's a Rob movie and he is that character to me.

My favorite Twi character is probably Edward, although that's a really, really hard one. I love them all! I'm a total Bella in that I love both Jacob and Edward, but if I had to choose the one I couldn't live without it would be Edward. I'm married to an Emmett.

I have officially lost count of how often I've read the books. I've read all of them at least four times, but probably New Moon or Eclipse a few extra times.

I've seen New Moon five times in the theaters...three times in the first 48 hours. Sadly, it stopped showing in my area the week of Christmas.
EyesofAmber
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Sparklegirl » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Hey everyone,
My name is Sam and I have been on the forum since September, kind of late finding this place but have been devoted ever since!
Like most here my fav Twi actor is Rob but I think my favourite character is prob Alice, though there is something intriguing about Jasper!
I have reads the entire series 3 times but have read Twilight and Eclipse way more times than that.
I have seen the movie 3 time in the cinema, by myself each time because none of my RL friends are interested in the series or as far as I know they aren't, it could just be that we are all in the closet :lol:
I am so excited about getting started on the challenge abd making this a better year than the last!
ImageImage
Sparklegirl
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby christa64c » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey,
I'm Christa, I've been on LTR and LTT since Spring of 2009 but this is my first time on a forum. So, be kind. I've been on the "Rob diet" since July and have lost about 40lbs. I'm really excited to have some diet buddies and to have somewhere to let my Robsession run free.
My favorite actor is obviously Rob but favorite character is Alice. I heart her big time!
I've read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse six times each. Breaking Dawn once, though I've read certain chapters several times. ;) I've only seen NM once. And I'm VERY upset about it. Do I get points for owning Haunted Airman and How to Be? Because I've seen each of those three times. PLUS, I own two Twilight DVDs (long story).
I'm addicted to Fan Fiction and have started my own but keep setting it aside every time Emanicpation Proclamation, High Anxiety or Open to Interpretation and dozens of others update.
It's only 2PM and I've already drunk 40oz of water. Yeah for me :P
I recognize some of you from LTR and RAoR. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better :D
Have a great day!!!
christa64c
107 Year Old Virgin

1/4 First Post

Postby SingleStrand » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi girlies! My name is Erin. I was a lurker on LTT and LTR for over six months. Finally sometime around Thanksgiving I started posting comments and have already made some great friends. This is only my second time using the forum so I am verrrryyy new at all this but this one caught my eye. I started eating healthier back in September and lost 18 pounds. Then I gained 6 back over the long drawn out holidays. Yikes!

My favorite Twi actor is Rob for all obvious reasons. My favorite character is Jacob right now but ask me tomorrow and it will be different. I had so many ideas formed in my head about Jacob and Edward when I found Twilight the series and then when I finally watched the movie last fall, every one of my ideas changed because of Rob and Taylor. In good ways!

I have read the series entirely I think four times but I have read Eclipse about 10. It is hands down my favorite. Needless to say, I am already really excited for June. I saw NM three times in theaters. It stopped playing in my area Christmas week and I was very sad. If I had prior warning, I would have seen it at least once more.
I am excited to meet new girls on here and keep up my motivation in 2010!
SingleStrand
Fake Lesbian

Postby SingleStrand » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

JenKB wrote:Hi Everyone!!! <waving> I'm so excited to be doing this. My name is Jennifer (feel free to call me Jen). I've been on the forums for just over a month, as I didn't discover the world of Twilight until late November of 2009. My favorite Twi actor is Rob. My favorite Twi character is probably Edward, closely followed by Bella and Alice. I have only read the entire series in its entirety once (again I'm late to the game, but I just got my own copies of the saga for Christmas, yay!), but I have read Twilight over 10 times, my favorite sections of NM multiple times, and I'm currently on my second full read of Eclipse. I have seen New Moon 3 times in the theatre, and my brother-in-law just gave me a bootleg copy via his computer for Christmas, so I've seen it twice more since Christmas.

2010 is going to be a great year. Let's make it fun, healthy and full of Twilight fun!

Jen - Your interests are totes in alphabetical order. I already <3 you! - Erin
SingleStrand
Fake Lesbian

Postby JenKB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 pm

SingleStrand wrote:
JenKB wrote:Hi Everyone!!! <waving> I'm so excited to be doing this. My name is Jennifer (feel free to call me Jen). I've been on the forums for just over a month, as I didn't discover the world of Twilight until late November of 2009. My favorite Twi actor is Rob. My favorite Twi character is probably Edward, closely followed by Bella and Alice. I have only read the entire series in its entirety once (again I'm late to the game, but I just got my own copies of the saga for Christmas, yay!), but I have read Twilight over 10 times, my favorite sections of NM multiple times, and I'm currently on my second full read of Eclipse. I have seen New Moon 3 times in the theatre, and my brother-in-law just gave me a bootleg copy via his computer for Christmas, so I've seen it twice more since Christmas.

What can I say? I'm an acccountant. ;) Welcome to the forum!! :D
JenKB

Postby Sparklegirl » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm

To motivate myself even more I have just printed out the rules and stuck them on my wardrobe door so I can be reminded every morning of what I need to achieve everyday :D
ImageImage
Sparklegirl
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby bedpan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Alright, I'm in. I'm new to the boards, but I've been emailing w/ UC for awhile now, so what the heck, right?
I'm not sure who my favorite Twilight actor is. Maybe Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart? Like... I think I need to see them in more movies that I actually LIKE before I make any judgements. Shitty BBC specials don't count. I liked Adventureland, though. I think that Anna Kendrick's going places.
My favorite book character? NOT BELLA. She's such a f-in' whiner. I know it's High School and whatever, but... shut up. shut up shut up shut up. Maybe Jasper, because he's kind of laid back?
I've read the books twice - once right after the first movie, and once this summer - and I've only seen New Moon once. I exercise restraint. Plus, I thought it definitely had some major flaws. Maybe my hopes were too lofty, though.
Anyway, I'm in. I'm also doing a 60 days of bikram yoga challenge starting today, so... Hopefully this winter won't suck the lifeforce right out of me like past January/Februarys have.
bedpan
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Heatherina » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm in=)
Favorite Actor is a toss up between Rob and Kristen. Favorite Character is Alice. I've read all of the books atleast five times. And seen NM six times so far.
I'm excited for this!
Heatherina
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby pixiechick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

HI all! :) For those that don't know me already, I'm Kerry, I've been hanging out here in the LTT/R forums for about 6 months now. I also help out at Eyes of Amber. I've been excited to start this.

For the week 1 challenge: Of course, Rob is my favorite, and not just to look at, I love his earlier movies and I can't wait to see the new ones. Aside from Rob though, i'd have to say that Billy Burke is my favorite. I haven't seen him in anything outside of Twilight, but he steals the scene every time and I love him for it. I've lost count of how many times I've read the books. I'm rereading Eclipse now. My favorite character is Edward, even more so after I read Midnight Sun. I've seen New Moon 4 times, and I am planning to see it at least once more in the theater.

Good luck to everyone!
pixiechick
Twilosophy Major

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

I want to join, too!

My name is Jasmin and I´m from Germany, so please be patient with me & my English! ;)

I try to answer the questions for the introduction. Rob and Kristen are my favourite actors i think....but i like the others sooooo much as well! Rob is really cute and i like how he can play a dork and still look great! Kristen is just....Kristen. I don´t like girlies and she isn´t one, so i like her just for being like she is.

My favourite characters from the book...hm thats difficult because it changes within the 4 books. In the first one it´s Edward of course....how can you not love him? In NM i liked Jacob and then I began to love Alice just for being Alice in the other books. I also really like Carlisle, Emmet and Jasper....I cannot choose one but if you force me to, I´ll choose Edward for obvious reasons. ;)

How many times I read the books? The first one....about 5 times....in German (I didn´t like it in German, the translation is very bad) and in English. The other ones just one time...*shameonme* I had no time to re-read them but i surely will someday!

I saw NM on a pre-screening as a double feature with Twilight....4 hours Twilight :D loved it. Then i watched it again one week later with my boyfriend (and he liked it) and then again about a week ago. The last time we watched the original version in English. I went there with my best friend Anna. When we ordered our tickets the guy looked at us and said "It´s in English. You know that already, right?" We looked at each other and then said at the same time "Yes. We know." and started laughing. It was fun because there were only about ten other people in the cinema.

That´s my introduction so far but I´ve got a question about this Spreadsheet.....maybe it´s a stupid question but I don´t understand the numbers, what should i write down where? Can someone explain it to me please?

I hope I can follow this whole thing here and I hope that i understand what you expect me to do :D
Apple
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JenKB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:59 pm

SingleStrand wrote:

Hey Erin, I noticed you enjoy reading and decorating. Not sure if you're into fan fiction, but if you haven't already done so, you may enjoy Edward Wallbanger. Bella is a designer in San Francisco in that story. It's pretty good (well, I actually think it's great ;) ). Here is the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5072648/1/ :)
JenKB

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 pm

So at my first day back to work today I was doing everything I could to procrastinate and not do ACTUAL work and decided to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my daily activities to make it easier on myself when entering it into the master spreadsheet. So if anyone is interested you can download it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/resolutionarychallenge

I also tend to do better if I keep stricter track of my progress.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby SingleStrand » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 pm

JenKB wrote:
SingleStrand wrote:

Hey Erin, I noticed you enjoy reading and decorating. Not sure if you're into fan fiction, but if you haven't already done so, you may enjoy Edward Wallbanger. Bella is a designer in San Francisco in that story. It's pretty good (well, I actually think it's great ;) ). Here is the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5072648/1/ :)

Oh darling, thanks for the rec but I've read it. I've read about 40 fics. Yeah, I have no life. As a Twitter friend @tkayyyy said to me once "Real books? What are those?" I read wayyy to much fic and have wayyy too many real books on my shelves to try and read between fics! What other fics do you like? We will have to trade recommendations!
SingleStrand
Fake Lesbian

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:

Sounds good, thanks :)

I will try to portion out some extra time, maybe I'll take long bath at night instead of a quick shower... get a little alone time with myself ;) :lol:

and LMAO at the arctic tundra... it's not THAT bad, once it hits about 50 degrees I like to start walking partway home from work on days that I don't go to the gym. Because the Boston subway system sucks it takes me 45 minutes to get to work which is only about 3-4 miles away :roll: so on days I walk halfway it actually takes me the same amount of time as taking the train the whole way....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser