Go to footer

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby moaninmymouth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 pm

hi, my name is Andreea, but you can call me moan ;)

I've found LTR in the summer and although I've read some entries in the forum (and I think you gals are hilarious) I've really tried to stay away. Because if this is anything like LTR, I'm sure you will get me addicted in no time and I really don't have any idea how I'll be managing RL if I follow yet another blog/forum.
But this idea was so good, I just couldn't refrain from joining! So I think I can safely say that I'll be losing a lot of points on the 7-hour-sleep-challenge. But I'm sure it'll be worth it ;)

So... My favorite actor is Billy Burke. I think he plays his role the best and is also very funny.
Favorite character: probably Jake (don't shoot!). And before you get too confused as to how I ended up here if I'm not a fan of Rob/Edward I'll offer an explanation: I love Rob the person and his music, but am not a huge fan of his acting or the character.
I've read Twilight 3 times, NM and Eclipse 1 time and BD 2 times (I think...) and seen NM 2 times (loved it the first time and hated it the second).

So that's me and I'd love to join this and get to know you all a little better!
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

it's twittah!
moaninmymouth
Fake Lesbian

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Single Strand, Apple, Heatherina, christa64c, bedpan, EyesofAmber, Obird, cedvanhalen, SeattleLisa, moaninmymouth

ALL of you joined because of this? So so so excited! I hope you all love it here as much as I've enjoyed it! I hope we can make this awesome community so supportive and help all of us achieve our goals. I look forward to getting to know everyone and doing what I can.

hugs to you all!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:24 pm

robsten4life wrote:So at my first day back to work today I was doing everything I could to procrastinate and not do ACTUAL work and decided to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my daily activities to make it easier on myself when entering it into the master spreadsheet. So if anyone is interested you can download it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/resolutionarychallenge

I also tend to do better if I keep stricter track of my progress.

Dear R4L... You rock! and I love this! It's so much easier to track...
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:To motivate myself even more I have just printed out the rules and stuck them on my wardrobe door so I can be reminded every morning of what I need to achieve everyday :D

Woo hoo That's an awesome idea! hopefully it will help keep everything on track!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cedvanhalen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:Single Strand, Apple, Heatherina, christa64c, bedpan, EyesofAmber, Obird, cedvanhalen, SeattleLisa, moaninmymouth

ALL of you joined because of this? So so so excited! I hope you all love it here as much as I've enjoyed it! I hope we can make this awesome community so supportive and help all of us achieve our goals. I look forward to getting to know everyone and doing what I can.

hugs to you all!

Yep, this is what led me to joining in on the forum fun! I am SOOOO excited to get started and get to know everyone.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:06 am

emmeloowhoo wrote:
robsten4life wrote:So at my first day back to work today I was doing everything I could to procrastinate and not do ACTUAL work and decided to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my daily activities to make it easier on myself when entering it into the master spreadsheet. So if anyone is interested you can download it here:

Dear R4L... You rock! and I love this! It's so much easier to track...

LOL glad you like... I forgot to mention, if you put an " X " in each block where you achieved that goal it will add up your points for you that week
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby Courtney_0624 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 am

I'm Courtney and I'm new to the forum but not LTT/LTR. I've been reading both LTR and LTT for about 6+ months and finally decided to join the Forum. I'm very excited about the Resolutionary Challenge and hope that it will help me keep a resolution for once!
There's a tie for my favorite Twi-actor between Kristen Stewart, (I know, I know.....but hear me out) because she is totally the Bella I imagined when I read the books, and Robert Pattinson because he brought Edward to life for me.
My favorite Twi-character is also a tie (I'm very indecisive :) ) between Edward and Alice. They each have their own quirks that make me love them both. I have read the books 4 times each and seen New Moon 6 times.
Courtney_0624
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Courtney_0624 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:38 am

Thank you SO much robsten4life! This spreadsheet will help so much with keeping track of everything! What a good way to spend the work day!! :)
Courtney_0624
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:47 am

Just my $.02 that no one asked for, but when I used to have a long commute, the commute time was MY time. If I was driving I'd sing or listen to books on tape, when I took the train I'd listen to music, knit, or read. Some days it was the only time I got to relax. I totally agree that it counts as YOU time if you aren't working.

Anyway, onto my intro..

I'm Jodie, but some of you might know me as JodieO. I started reading LTR/LTT in April or so, then started lurking 'round the forum in May, and I think I finally started posting sometime in June and no one has been able to shut me up since. I read the series twice last January and am trying to get through them again, but I'm finding I'm not enjoying them quite like I used to. Boo. I'm getting the hankering to go back and reread the HP books again although I just finished rereading them in Sept.

Instead of picking a favorite actor from the films can I pick my favorite person famous by proxy? Great! I pick Bobby Long. I just love him. No, really! My favorite character in the movies is Charlie, favorite in the books is Emmett.

I can't help but feel a bit like all the references to cleaning out the craft room is directed at me since that was my entry on the last challenge and I went into the craft room exactly once to get a pair of scissors. It's still a horrible pit of hell, Em, but I'll try for real this time!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Robssqueeza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:35 am

Yes! Another one ready to come out of the shadows and join this party. My name is Luisa and I have been lurking - no, no, respectfully observing and enjoying - LTT and LTR for only a month or two. My epiphany came fairly late in the game - only after the dvd hit the streets, but it was clear (Twilight = hot times, Rob = too hot to handle times...but I'd be happy to give him a try). No one in my house/circle of fiends "gets" it and in fact I have remained a closeted Pattinsonite. Thank you for offering a place filled with like-minded intelligent women. After all, you'd have to be close to brain dead to miss the amazingness (is that even a word?) of Twilight and hot-as-a-steam-iron-but-much-more-fun-Rob!!

This idea for 2010 is the best ever! So glad I stumbled upon it and look forward to working with everyone on this forum for a healthier and happier year!! My first day looks pretty lame, but it's only going to get better.

Favorite Twi actor...easy...the fine Mr Pattinson

Twi character...as much as I love Edward it's a close tie with Alice. Could I have a friend like her???

Read the books? once for all of them, then an extra two times for Twilight and once more for New Moon. Soon to start on Eclipse again, but really need to be seen by DH reading something else - like the 1000 page novel he gave me for Christmas. Maybe he's trying to get me out of my Twi-stupor??

New Moon? Twice - so far. It's still playing in my area and the kids are back in school. Happy days...

Hello to all on the forum!!
Robssqueeza
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:39 am

JodieO wrote:I can't help but feel a bit like all the references to cleaning out the craft room is directed at me since that was my entry on the last challenge and I went into the craft room exactly once to get a pair of scissors. It's still a horrible pit of hell, Em, but I'll try for real this time!

Darling Jodes.... you know i love... i was using you as inspiration not directing it AT you ;) I hope that that you can achieve and do what you need to.
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:25 am

JodieO wrote:Just my $.02 that no one asked for, but when I used to have a long commute, the commute time was MY time. If I was driving I'd sing or listen to books on tape, when I took the train I'd listen to music, knit, or read. Some days it was the only time I got to relax. I totally agree that it counts as YOU time if you aren't working.

I also have to say, I went grocery shopping today. I love grocery shopping. I clip coupons and I love organizing and bargain shopping and getting my money's worth. so it might sound dorky but my 20 min of me time today? I was at the grocery store enjoying every minute of it. I even helped a girl who doesn't cook plan her menu for dinner tonight.

on the menu planning etc... I am also hoping that we can use this forum to recipe swap or share ideas with meal planning or meal ideas. share anything that you find works for you... that's what this is for, to support and share great ideas.
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby LaPush Baby » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 am

Shoot! I typed this up once but it didn't post, sorry if this goes up twice!

I want in!! This seems really fun, and like a good motivator...

So hereere's me: LaPush Baby, I'll go by lpb, I like it.

I started lurking on LTT/LTR last January after I read the books the first time. (it's been a year now!) I think I started commenting in mid-FEb, sometime around the oscars. I forget. I have been on and off the forum since it started....hope to be more ON now! ;)

Favorite Twi actor? Rob.

Favorite Twi character? Books: Alice, no Edward. wait, I can't pick.
Movie: Eric Yorkie!! Seriously, what were they thinking with that casting? :lol:

Read the books, about 4 times each, with some rereads of Twi and NM, my faves. Seen NM in the theater twice. The week it came out...have big plans to see it some more when it hits the 3$ theater!!

Look forward to getting to know all you lovely ladies!!
:D
Twilight is my drug of choice.
LaPush Baby
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 am

Alright lovies it's a new day in Europe and on the east coast and if I am going to get my 7 hours of sleep I should go to bed now.

I am really excited to get to know all of you and hope that our adventures will be awesome.

I did want to post it out there, I would love to close the spreadsheet to "invite only" status so we can keep track of things with out lurkers on there... I'd need your email address to invite you so, if you'd be so kind as to PM it to me that would be great. If I already have it ;) you know who you are no need... That way we can share blog addresses, emails etc with out the rest of the world knowing how to contact us.

Sound good?
let me know if you have any questions.
xox
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 am

You're awesome!! Thanks, R4!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby cdubs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 am

Ok, here goes...
I'm Claudia, I started reading LTT/LTR around the time of one of the awards shows, the one with the blue jacket and the lame faux kiss. Which ever that one was and whenever it was on. I found the link to this post at the bottom of yesterday LTR post and mosied on over to check it out, since I'd never been to the forum before. I'm not big on new year resolutions, since my life is constantly evolving, I sometimes find it hard to stick to one particular goal. But this is too good to pass up.
My favorite twi actor is Peter, he is doin' it right. He usues his "power" for good and is just so gracious.
My favorite twi character is Rosalie, I know, I know, maybe not at the beginning, but once you get to know her a little better. I feel like I can relate to her more than any other of the chracters.
I've lost count of how many times I've read the books, more than 5 but no more than 10. I'm currently reading something else, but as soon as I'm done with it, I'm back on the saddle.
And I've seen new moon 6 times.

Now, question, I exersice monday thru friday for 45 min in the morning but allow myself to sleep in on the weekends. Would it be fair to bank from extra minutes from the week for th weekend or is that cheating?

Alright peeps, LET'S DO THIS!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cdubs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:20 am

lori_seals wrote:

This is REALLY awesome! I was going to do the same, I do better when I structure things, and you saved me time! yay! thx for sharing!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am

emmeloowhoo wrote:Single Strand, Apple, Heatherina, christa64c, bedpan, EyesofAmber, Obird, cedvanhalen, SeattleLisa, moaninmymouth

hugs to you all!

I second what Emme said :) This forum is filled with some amazing people who are all very friendly and encouraging. I've never been a part of a community that's been so supportive and just overall good natured. I'm glad that this resolutionary challenge brought out a lot of the lurkers and I can't wait to get to know everyone!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby obird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
JodieO wrote:Just my $.02 that no one asked for, but when I used to have a long commute, the commute time was MY time. If I was driving I'd sing or listen to books on tape, when I took the train I'd listen to music, knit, or read. Some days it was the only time I got to relax. I totally agree that it counts as YOU time if you aren't working.

I also have to say, I went grocery shopping today. I love grocery shopping. I clip coupons and I love organizing and bargain shopping and getting my money's worth. so it might sound dorky but my 20 min of me time today? I was at the grocery store enjoying every minute of it. I even helped a girl who doesn't cook plan her menu for dinner tonight.

on the menu planning etc... I am also hoping that we can use this forum to recipe swap or share ideas with meal planning or meal ideas. share anything that you find works for you... that's what this is for, to support and share great ideas.

I was in the grocery store last night as well...I want a grocery store fairy to come and plan my meals too! :lol: Instead I was with the hubby who kept complaining that I was buying too much broccoli....hilarious. He's on the Resolutionary Challenge and doesn't even know it....sneaky. I don't have any kiddos, but I felt like it while I was telling him things like "too bad your gonna eat it and like it". :roll: The recipe swap sounds awesome....always looking for new ideas! I hope everyone has a great day!!
obird
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi, I'm Amanda. I've been reading LTT/LTR for about a year now and have posted a couple times over there and only ever lurked over here but I am looking forward to a fun way to stay motivated so here I am! I am VERY new to all this so be gentle!

Fave twi-actor: Hmm... I love the "lessor" (as in not the holy trifecta) for their comic relief. Emmett's "dating an older woman" comment? Super funny. Mike Newton cracks me up. But I will always love me some Edward.

Fave twi-character: Edward. No need for explination.

I am currently finishing up my 6th reading of the saga and I have seen NM 3 times.

Hi all!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JenKB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Okay, so day 1 has come and gone, and I'm off to a good start with 8 points:

1) I went to bed at 10PM and was up at 5:45am for my early morning gym call

2) Alas, I only tallied 60oz. of water. I suppose I could round up to 64, but that would be dishonest and defeat the purpose of this little exercise. Perhaps I should have had 4 more ounces of water, instead of wine. ;)

3) I spent 43 minutes on the treadmill: 5 min warmup @ 4mph, 33 min @ 5.5 for 3 miles and 5 min cooldown

4) Out the door and ready for work at 8:45am

5) I only ended up with 2 servings of fruit. I had pineapple chunks with my lunch and an orange as an early evening snack. I had a few grapes after dinner, but not enough to be considered a full serving.

6) I had a quarter cup of almonds (one serving) and an orange.

7) My 20 minutes consisted of cooking dinner. I know some may consider this a chore, but cooking is one of my favorite leisure activities. I tried to make something decent out of what little we had around the house. I made mashed potatoes with fresh scallions and a variation of chicken piccata but with pork chops with a white wine, citrus butter sauce with capers. It was yum yum. I also tidied up the kitchen, ground coffee beans and set the coffee maker for the next day, made my lunch for the next day, picked out my clothes for work, set out my gym clothes, washed my face, brushed my teeth, flossed and read 1 chapter of Eclipse.

8) I told my husband he has a nice smile. :)

9) Stopped eating before 9pm.

10) Posted my introductory post yesterday morning.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and is having as much fun with this as I am. :D
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby JenKB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 pm

JenKB wrote:Okay, so day 1 has come and gone, and I'm off to a good start with 8 points:

1) I went to bed at 10PM and was up at 5:45am for my early morning gym call

2) Alas, I only tallied 60oz. of water. I suppose I could round up to 64, but that would be dishonest and defeat the purpose of this little exercise. Perhaps I should have had 4 more ounces of water, instead of wine. ;)

3) I spent 43 minutes on the treadmill: 5 min warmup @ 4mph, 33 min @ 5.5 for 3 miles and 5 min cooldown

4) Out the door and ready for work at 8:45am

5) I only ended up with 2 servings of fruit. I had pineapple chunks with my lunch and an orange as an early evening snack. I had a few grapes after dinner, but not enough to be considered a full serving.

6) I had a quarter cup of almonds (one serving) and an orange.

7) My 20 minutes consisted of cooking dinner. I know some may consider this a chore, but cooking is one of my favorite leisure activities. I tried to make something decent out of what little we had around the house. I made mashed potatoes with fresh scallions and a variation of chicken piccata but with pork chops with a white wine, citrus butter sauce with capers. It was yum yum. I also tidied up the kitchen, ground coffee beans and set the coffee maker for the next day, made my lunch for the next day, picked out my clothes for work, set out my gym clothes, washed my face, brushed my teeth, flossed and read 1 chapter of Eclipse.

8) I told my husband he has a nice smile. :)

9) Stopped eating before 9pm.

10) Posted my introductory post yesterday morning.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and is having as much fun with this as I am. :D

P.S. Allow me to say that although I was able to tally how many ounces of water I drank, I lost track of how many bathroom breaks I had to take at work yesterday. Goodness. :?
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby obird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:27 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
obird wrote:Hello Ladies....what an awesome idea!! Anyway, my name is Olivia...my nickname is obird...long story. :) I am an opera singer living in NYC....I have been on LTT/LTR since last spring and on the forum (reading mostly) since the summer. My favorite Twi-actor is Rob...big surprise. My favorite character is Emmett....I just think he is hysterical and would love to take him out for a beer. Ummm, I have read the saga in its entirety I think 4 times....and I have seen NM 5 times in the theaters...BUT...but...but...well, not buts...I just loved it. :) I am so excited to get started and can't wait to get to know everyone! Have a great Monday!!! ~obird :)

Where do you sing Olivia? I used to have a friend who sang w/ the Met. I <3 New York City! That's where I was when I saw New Moon for the first time :P

Hey! I have sung all over the country....moved here to NYC last year because my agent, coach, and teacher are here and flying back and forth was getting crazy expensive. Haven't auditioned for the Met yet, but hope to sing for them in the fall....we will see. Opera is such a small world....I might know your friend. :) I saw NM at the midnight showing at Times Square....it was crazytown but really fun!
obird
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Lindelle » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey flatmates!

I'm very excited to do this and REALLY excited about all the new folks joining in. I can't wait to get to know you all :D

"If you're in and going to do the challenge, Post an intro about yourself in this thread. Please include 1) your fave Twi actor, 2) your fav Twi character 3) how many times you've read the books & 4) how many times you've seen New Moon"

I'm Lindelle, and I've been around the forums officially 2 months now. I found LTT back in March I think. So glad I did :D My favorite Twi actor is Rob, of course. But I've got a thing for Charlie Bewley (Demetri) too! And Billy Burke. My favorite Twi character .. hmm, hard to decide. I love Edward but tbh I don't think I could handle that much devotion :? So I'm going to go for Leah Clearwater, I loved her and wanted her with Jake. Ohh well. Let's see, I haven't read the books all that often, but I'm going to do a re-read soon. I've read Twi, NM, and Eclipse twice each, and BD once. But I just bought paperback copies of all of them and I'm going to go through them and underline and write stuff in the margins :) Now I have 2 sets of the books cause I didn't want to spoil my hardcovers by doing that! And finally, I've seen NM 4 times, once opening night with a big group of ladies, then twice on my own, and once with another friend. Good times.

I'm planning on printing out the challenge list and taping it up in my apartment and at work to keep me motivated. Good luck to everyone!!
"The world is a weird place." - Rob
Lindelle
Leghitcher

Postby Heatherina » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:12 pm

1) I went to bed at 11PM and was up at 8:15am for a run.

2) I had a grand total of eight glasses of water. Not sure how many ounces that is but I figured it was a good amount.

3) I went on a 20-25 minute brisk walk/run.

4) Dressed by 10:30

5) Banana with breakfast and a pear after dinner. Also had asparagus with dinner.

6) No snacks.

7)I actually cleaned my room and organized my closet. It took more than 20 minutes but I just FEEL better when I have a clean enviroment.

8) I told my cousin he looked nice.

9) Stopped eating at 7pm.

First day was pretty cool. Now I have to go tally up the points lol.
Heatherina
107 Year Old Virgin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser