Go to footer

Resolutionary Challenge 2011

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Resolutionary Challenge 2011

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:41 am

SpunkyBookworm wrote:I Challenge EVERY FANFIC READER on this board to go and read ONE PG one-shot from Twilight! GO ON!! I DARE YA!! Careful, though. You may find that there's a plot!! TWILIGHTED HAS THE GOOD ONES.

:lol: :lol: love this idea!

(ppssttt: if you want to accept this challenge but get it over with quickly, I may know of a really short one that's very PG and kinda cute; I'm not biased or anything :roll: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6694512/1/Flirting)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby cdubs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:52 am

amynkansas wrote:
cdubs wrote:Totally normal! When I was reading emancipation proclamation, I was once stopped at a light by a highschool and the football team was practicing out on the field and all I could think about was mafiaprinceward. Even now, when I hear shipping off to boston by the dropkick murphys I think of the departed which makes me think of the irish mob, which leads me to the the italian mob, which leads back to mafiaprinceward

THINGS THAT REMIND ME OF FF:
Grey Goose Vodka
Cupcakes
Toblerone
Unicorns
Anything mob/mafia related
Hockey
Cherry Coke
Cancer patients (how sad is THAT?!) ( Thanks a lot Dead On My Feet)
and probly countless other things because I'm lame and read waaaay too much FF. In fact you can say just about anything and I bet I can somehow relate it to MafiaWard or HockeyWard or CancerWard or DickWard or TattWard or InsomniaWard...

Things that remind me of twilight and/or FF(which really is still kind of twilight):
EVERYTHING (In my best imitation of Gary oldmand in the 5th element)It's like one big kevin bacon game. I can connect everything to back to twilight.
SpunkyBookworm wrote:I Challenge EVERY FANFIC READER on this board to go and read ONE PG one-shot from Twilight! GO ON!! I DARE YA!! Careful, though. You may find that there's a plot!! TWILIGHTED HAS THE GOOD ONES.

I've read a lot of these. that's how my foray into FF started, with missing moments and alternate povs. In fact, im currentl;y reading twilight from alice pov, i don't know if it's any good yet, ill let you guys know...
YAY! Spunky! you're a swiftner lover!
YAY!! Obava for a good night and for cleaning all the things and cooking all the things!
Ok ladies, in case I don't have a chance to stop by again:
Week 5:(Jan 31 - Feb 6) Reach out to someone. Old friend you've been meanint to look up, coworker who's been down, homeless person at the corner. Whatever, whomever. You get all 7 points when you do this one little thing
kelbel75 wrote:(ppssttt: if you want to accept this challenge but get it over with quickly, I may know of a really short one that's very PG and kinda cute; I'm not biased or anything http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6694512/1/Flirting)

Kelbel, is this yours???
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 am

obava wrote:I didn't like Safe Haven- I found it very uncomfortable to read a character that was basically Rob.

I have a tough time w/ the Robsten FF. I won't read it. They should not write about the actors themselves.

TwilightCat wrote:
Gretchen -- You must've gotten some Edward action in that silver Volvo, because no more v-card! ;) You're a Swiftner Lover now! :D

YAY!! Just noticed that! I will change my profile now. :D
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 pm

cdubs wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:(ppssttt: if you want to accept this challenge but get it over with quickly, I may know of a really short one that's very PG and kinda cute; I'm not biased or anything http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6694512/1/Flirting)

Kelbel, is this yours???

Sniff...Sniff....The PGs just so GET TO ME!!! That was BANK!! Very sweet. Awwwwwwwwww.....I'm so glad I'm about to start my period cuz I have WAY too much emotion right now.

I'm going to drop FF subject and ask how everyone is doing with the challenge!!! I hope you take this week's one seriously. Did you know that you should have one hug a day to survive? That's just SURVIVAL!! Hug someone! I dare ya! My daughter and I hug every day, even when we hardly talk that day. We do it enough that I don't remember if we did or not. With her depression that she had, sometimes, that was the only thing I could do, and that was even forced because at that time she hated being touched, when that was really what she needed. No forcing on complete strangers, though. And watch other cultures. I hugged a guy from India and he didn't really know what to think about that!!! I made sure I was careful after that. Sometimes I just hug! If you're not a hugger, see how good it can be for you!!! With all the shit that's going on in the world, WE ALL NEED A HUG!! this has nothing to do w/ my change in forum status!!
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby cdubs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Spunky, how cute are you changing your signature!!

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow morning, so if you've got something tweedy to share, hold of a few hours..
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:40 pm

to say that I am a hugger is like saying that rob is "kinda cute". And when i am PMSing, like I am now, I look like a spider monkey attached my my husband.
So Spunky and the rest of my LTT gals, heres a big hug for ya! PS thank you Amanda for giving me this hug a few months ago when I REALLLLLLY needed it.

And if you haven't already, click on Kelbels link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6694512/1/Flirting the story is sweet and takes less than 3 minutes to read. nicely done, sweetheart.

Oh, I just started to listen to SHIVER and the voice of Sam was so familar and I figured out why. He is the voice of Jacob Jankowski.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 pm

ANd as far as this challenge is going, I am pretty much a fail when it comes to "2 small treats a day" and exercising. I don't know what it is this go round (winter blues maybe?) but i am in a depressed tired rut. I lack motivation to do even the simpliest tasks. My periods are showing up every 3 weeks lately so I feel like I am PMSing every other week!
UGH!!

That is all.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 pm

amynkansas wrote:ANd as far as this challenge is going, I am pretty much a fail when it comes to "2 small treats a day" and exercising. I don't know what it is this go round (winter blues maybe?) but i am in a depressed tired rut. I lack motivation to do even the simpliest tasks. My periods are showing up every 3 weeks lately so I feel like I am PMSing every other week!
UGH!!

That is all.

BIG HUG TO YOU SISTER OF ANOTHER MISTER!!!!! You on the pill? Might wanna check that. Flirting was amazing Kel!! I looked at your FF Favs, and you and I are reading about 50% of the same stuff. I may just have to read your other favs. I'm intrigued by the one you have going. Going to church to hug more people. Then will start FF later. HAHAHA!!! :mrgreen:
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:07 pm

amynkansas wrote:ANd as far as this challenge is going, I am pretty much a fail when it comes to "2 small treats a day" and exercising. I don't know what it is this go round (winter blues maybe?) but i am in a depressed tired rut. I lack motivation to do even the simpliest tasks. My periods are showing up every 3 weeks lately so I feel like I am PMSing every other week!
UGH!!

That is all.

Hey Amy, I've got the winter blues too, from lack of sunshine here, etc. I've been struggling to get my exercise in and often doing just the bare minimum, which isn't good enough for me. Want to be exercise accountability buddies for the next week? Or even for just one day, if a week feels too daunting? Let me know what works for you, or if I should just shut the hell up and leave you alone.
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Gretchen- Sometimes I go weeks without being touched by another human being. Do kitty snuggles count towards hugs? If not, I am doomed. :cry:

Kelbel- Your story is so sweet! I also looked at your rec’s. Forgive me for being ignorant, but if it DOESN’T say “complete” does that mean it’s a WIP? This has got to be the funniest story description I’ve ever read- “Bella wakes up to find a penis inside her vagina. Imagine her surprise when she finds out to whom it's attached” -it totally works as a tease making me want to read the story!

Amy- I’ve decided to start Linger today. I was going to start something else, but you’ve inspired me. I am also not doing well with this challenge- at least on the weekends :?

Lisa- Don’t you dare ever shut up or leave me the hell alone! :lol:

I am folding laundry, which consists of:
4 long john shirts
5 pairs of long john pants
8 pairs of wool socks
2 LTT/LTR shirts
1 pair of sweat pants
And I’m wearing plaid flannel PJ pants and a Twilight shirt :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm

obava wrote:Kelbel- Your story is so sweet! I also looked at your rec’s. Forgive me for being ignorant, but if it DOESN’T say “complete” does that mean it’s a WIP? This has got to be the funniest story description I’ve ever read- “Bella wakes up to find a penis inside her vagina. Imagine her surprise when she finds out to whom it's attached” -it totally works as a tease making me want to read the story!

Thanks for all the positive comments on my one-shot ladies 8-)

a story is only finished if it says "complete". ( well, sometimes an author doesn't close it out as complete, even tho it is :roll: but generally that's the rule ;) ) and yes, that story description for "Blame it on Rio" is a tease! :lol:

SpunkyBookworm, I checked out your fav list after you said ours was similar; you have a lot of w.i.p. that look very interesting to me 8-) I like to stick with completed stories as much as I can, but I do end up caving, a lot!

are you ladies peeking into the ff section here at all? you really NEED to! It's nice and comfortable, don't be scared :P The "list & descriptions" section has all of the stories others have recc'd on this board listed in alphabetical order with their summaries,links,etc. and then a lot of the stories have their own discusion thread in the "story discussions" section. also, the "Misc." section is where you go if you have questions about anything not related to a specific story, and we can help you find stories you might like based on certain details. example: "I really like Edward as a daddy" other members will tell you where to find the best daddyward stories or share their favs. I even have one of my many trivia games going on over there, but it's kind've fallen flat lately, along with the "Wide Awake" read along :roll: so we need those of you who are relatively new to ff to bring some life to the place ;)

and speaking of hugging: I grew up in a family that was very supportive, but not touchy-feely at all :( I love to be touched, but my grandma was the only one who ever cuddled with me as a kid; I love my grandma :D so I make sure to hug my kids SEVERAL times a day, and always hug my friends "hello" and "good-bye", which is kind've awkward sometimes, but a good thing to do 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby TwilightCat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Hello Dahlings!

Leg Hitches and Hugs to all of you! :D :D

xo Cat

TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby cdubs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:(ppssttt: if you want to accept this challenge but get it over with quickly, I may know of a really short one that's very PG and kinda cute; I'm not biased or anything :roll: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6694512/1/Flirting)

It's like a little poem!! Super cute!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby found-my-edward » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I sorta fell off the face of the earth the last two weeks, but I'm ready to come back with a vengence. My goal is to get three 10s this week. My brother bought me an icecream cake for my birthday and it's almost gone, so I'll finally be able to go back to two small treats. It's not my fault I fell off the wagon, I couldn't waste the cake!
I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed, but haven't gotten very far yet. I love the nipple clams photo! Hilarious!
found-my-edward
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby cdubs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 pm

found-my-edward wrote:I sorta fell off the face of the earth the last two weeks, but I'm ready to come back with a vengence. My goal is to get three 10s this week. My brother bought me an icecream cake for my birthday and it's almost gone, so I'll finally be able to go back to two small treats. It's not my fault I fell off the wagon, I couldn't waste the cake!
I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed, but haven't gotten very far yet. I love the nipple clams photo! Hilarious!

Welcome back FME!!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cedvanhalen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 am

Soooo apparently it's supposed to snow 20 inches in the next couple of days. Mixed in with some freezing rain. Fuck. Me. When a customer told me this today I about crapped my pants in the middle of the store. I guess it's a good thing I don't have to work tomorrow. I do need to go to the post office, but it's looking like that is going to have to wait.

Summer. When will it be summer?
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 am

obava wrote:Gretchen- Sometimes I go weeks without being touched by another human being. Do kitty snuggles count towards hugs? If not, I am doomed. :cry:

TOTAL PET THERAPY! My neighbor and I are going to go get him a new dog from the humane society because he's a shut-in. I make sure to hug him. He didn't like it at first, but now if I walk away, he wants his hug. Dirty old man...LOL...NOT!
found-my-edward wrote:I sorta fell off the face of the earth the last two weeks, but I'm ready to come back with a vengence. My brother bought me an icecream cake for my birthday and it's almost gone, so I'll finally be able to go back to two small treats. It's not my fault I fell off the wagon, I couldn't waste the cake!

YAY-You're back!!! I totally get the cake thing. The scariest part of the movie "Black Swan" to me was when the mom almost threw away the cake! :o :lol: I need to find the nipple clams pic. Missed that!!

kelbel75 wrote: and yes, that story description for "Blame it on Rio" is a tease! :lol:
I like that one, but it's slow on the u/d!

kelbel75 wrote:SpunkyBookworm, I checked out your fav list after you said ours was similar; you have a lot of w.i.p. that look very interesting to me 8-) I like to stick with completed stories as much as I can, but I do end up caving, a lot!

I was like that in the beginning, but it's easy to cave. I also found that WIPs give me room to turn away a little. Otherwise I'd be sitting on my bed reading ff 8 -16 hours/day!

KEEP ON HUGGING!!! HUGS TO ALL!! Love, Gretchen
I can't figure out why I quoted myself answering Kelbel, but whateva!!
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby cdubs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 am

Let's go have a snack with Rob in the new topic!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5176&p=181090#p181090
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser