Go to footer

Resolutionary Challenge 2011

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Resolutionary Challenge 2011

Postby mandaliz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

cdubs wrote:AND, not worries Gina, starfish is just when you lie there and not really contribute to the "fun" at least that's what ive been told. it could mean something else by now...

If this is true then that's gonna have to be me for awhile. I am so freakin sore right now that hubby is just going to have to do all the work. I'm already trying to muster up the energy and ability to make our date-night-dinner later on tonight.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

mandaliz wrote:
cdubs wrote:AND, not worries Gina, starfish is just when you lie there and not really contribute to the "fun" at least that's what ive been told. it could mean something else by now...

If this is true then that's gonna have to be me for awhile. I am so freakin sore right now that hubby is just going to have to do all the work. I'm already trying to muster up the energy and ability to make our date-night-dinner later on tonight.

funny story a bout how i learned that term. After a double header night, a guy told me "that was really good, i always thought you'd be the starfish kind but i was pleasantly surprised" many years later im still trying to figure out if that was a compliment. i kind of thing it was...
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Samalia » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 pm

I definitely woke up at 10:45 this morning and made myself presentable in 15 minutes. I haven't been that quick since college which is appropriate because today is the UC-xavier Crosstown Shootout basketball game. I'm head-to-toe Red & Black, including my "Xavier Girls are Ugly" tee shirt. Totally pumped up to drink a little and eat some sporting event foods! Go Bearcats!

The milk point is rocking my world this challenge. We drink straight-from-the-udder milk so I'm not usually one to drink it unless there's a smoothie or shake involved but today I had a bowl of cereal (okay a mixing bowl full of cereal. portion control is next on the list) and last night I had a glass with dinner. Woo healthy bones!

@Amanda: I'm so glad everyone loved your handmade things! I think your Etsy store should be called "Cocktails and Purls" or "Knit 2 Drink 1." You should totally add sewing to your list!
Viva Denim! (Oh Twittah!)
ImageImageImageImage
Samalia
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby cdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Samalia wrote:@Amanda: I'm so glad everyone loved your handmade things! I think your Etsy store should be called "Cocktails and Purls" or "Knit 2 Drink 1." You should totally add sewing to your list!

o my god! i love these names! Speaking of which...Sam, did YOU finish the crafty christmas gifts you were making? I think last you heard, you were kind of getting the hang of crocheting but having trouble with tension?
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby CarrieCee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 pm

cdubs wrote:

funny story a bout how i learned that term. After a double header night, a guy told me "that was really good, i always thought you'd be the starfish kind but i was pleasantly surprised" many years later im still trying to figure out if that was a compliment. i kind of thing it was...

This made me :lol: :lol: :lol:
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher

Postby Courtney_0624 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Happy Thursday ladies!

Quick drive by to say hi. Seems like I'm going to be busier at work than I expected so I hope I can keep up with the thread. Getting ready to make a quick dinner of salmon, veggies and brown rice before I head out. It sounds so delicious to me that I can tell I've eaten WAY too much crap the last couple of months.

I hope you all had a great day! Sorry for the short post......hopefully more this weekend.

Tata for now....
Courtney_0624
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby SeattleLisa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 am

I'll try and be quick. After yesterday's long and lovely post about "making friends with my inner chocoholic", I may or may not have gone out and purchased a pint of full fat ice cream and a candy bar. I may have also rooted around the kitchen and kept eating stuff I don't love, like cereal, just to have something to shove down my cake hole. (sorry, ice cream hole)

The reasons I may or may not have done that are not food related at all. I wasn't hungry, nor did I have cravings. Binge eating for me is often a stalling tactic, an I-feel-so-bad-I'm-going-to-stuff-my-face until I feel...nothing. Mimmsy, I know you know how I feel. I slept like shit last night (that actually sounds very gross) and almost started all over again today. But dearest Claudia happened to PM me and her real vampire talent is sniffing out bullshit. So I put on my I DID IT ANYWAY hat and got down to being healthier and earning those 10 damn points!

I feel SO much better now. Today I sprinted my heart rate up to 150 bpm on my mini-trampoline and ate light and healthy. I just added up my calories for the day and I'm shocked at how little I needed by not wasting a lot of calories on junk. Tonight I cleaned my kitchen after dinner. Doing that sets me up to have a good eating day tomorrow. I clean my kitchen nearly most nights now, a habit I've grown to love thanks to this Challenge. So after cleaning the kitchen, I popped a Lindor truffle in my mouth and did a little sexy dance around my kitchen (I may have run my hands up my boobs) while listening to "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland (Hubby HATES that song but I can't help but love how upbeat it is) while thinking of each of you Lovelies. I DO believe I will ultimately triumph over my binge eating disorder. I WILL be a Runner before the end of the year. And I am ever so grateful to this Challenge and for every one of you Lovelies here. Thanks for dancing around my kitchen with me tonight. Today, I AM SUCCESSFUL!

I'm rewarding myself with a ff story rec'd by Lola. Damn! I wish I'd quit reading ff! This is how I feel about it:

I loved all your posts today and will respond tomorrow. Good night!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby Samalia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 am

cdubs wrote:
Samalia wrote:@Amanda: I'm so glad everyone loved your handmade things! I think your Etsy store should be called "Cocktails and Purls" or "Knit 2 Drink 1." You should totally add sewing to your list!

o my god! i love these names! Speaking of which...Sam, did YOU finish the crafty christmas gifts you were making? I think last you heard, you were kind of getting the hang of crocheting but having trouble with tension?

I'm still working on the scarves (insert sad trombone sound here)! I mainly want to get the one for my auntie done, and it's halfway there! I had started a couple others but am sticking to the get one done then move on to the next ;)
Viva Denim! (Oh Twittah!)
ImageImageImageImage
Samalia
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby TwilightCat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 am

SeattleLisa wrote:After yesterday's long and lovely post about "making friends with my inner chocoholic", I may or may not have gone out and purchased a pint of full fat ice cream and a candy bar.

Talking about chocolate is like talking about sex ... it just makes you jones for it more. I asked my bf to hide my chocolate after writing about my inner cookie monster yesterday -- otherwise I wouldn't have made it today. It's like getting worked up girl-talking about having sex with a certain vampire, and then having him stretched out naked on the bed -- resistance is just not an option. Okay, terrible analogy -- chocolate does not begin to compare to that level of hotness. But you get my drift.

SeattleLisa wrote:The reasons I may or may not have done that are not food related at all. I wasn't hungry, nor did I have cravings. Binge eating for me is often a stalling tactic, an I-feel-so-bad-I'm-going-to-stuff-my-face until I feel...nothing.

Ah yes, the feeling of nothingness. No happiness, no pain, just nothing. Whenever I consciously adopt healthier eating habits, I usually start out by feeling worse because I don't have my sugary soporifics to numb me. The only thing that has ever helped ease this transition is exercise (which is probably why my weight used to yoyo so much in my pre-cycling days). So far, I'm still feeling like I want to gobble down a Trader Joes Pound Plus chocolate bar, but I'm hoping that riding my bike will soon start to calm the feelings of anxiousness and depression that the chocolate usually numbs (and often causes).

SeattleLisa wrote:So I put on my I DID IT ANYWAY hat and got down to being healthier and earning those 10 damn points!

I feel SO much better now. Today I sprinted my heart rate up to 150 bpm on my mini-trampoline and ate light and healthy.

You go girl! :D :D :D

SeattleLisa wrote:I'm rewarding myself with a ff story rec'd by Lola. Damn! I wish I'd quit reading ff!

Lola is addictive. I've downloaded THW onto my phone, and I read it during my lunch breaks. I have an excuse to read only a little bit each day, though -- I don't want it to end!

Well, I'm off to bed a little earlier tonight. Let's see if I can be dressed and ready by 11am tomorrow and get all ten of those points!

xo Cat
TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:05 am

I love it!!!!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 am

They moved my Friday morning class at the gym from 9:30am to 8:15am. It's not that much earlier but it's enough of a difference that I'm struggling here. Especially after date night when the husband buys me liquid flowers (aka wine) and I drink a little (aka a lot). Ok I'm up, dressed in my workout clothes, about to have my pre-workoout yogurt, drinking tea. I'm about to put on my heart rate moniter (man it's motivational when I'm working out to look down & see how many calories I'm burning off) and take my big sexy booty to the gym so I can DO IT ANYWAY, hungover style...
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cdubs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 am

mandaliz wrote:They moved my Friday morning class at the gym from 9:30am to 8:15am. It's not that much earlier but it's enough of a difference that I'm struggling here. Especially after date night when the husband buys me liquid flowers (aka wine) and I drink a little (aka a lot). Ok I'm up, dressed in my workout clothes, about to have my pre-workoout yogurt, drinking tea. I'm about to put on my heart rate moniter (man it's motivational when I'm working out to look down & see how many calories I'm burning off) and take my big sexy booty to the gym so I can DO IT ANYWAY, hungover style...

I've been lazily shopping for a heart rate monitor, the watch kind. Which kind do you have and how do you like it?
And that is a huge difference in time. How did date night go with the sore arms?

Sam, keep it up, It takes me a freaking year to finish anything. I've known how to crochet since middle school. so you're doing great!

I caught some dumb illness. I don't even know what to call it, it's not the cold or the flu. But its beating the crap out of me. The dumbest thing? I know I have a fever but I refuse to take anything because I read somewhere that your metabolism speeds up when your body temperature goes up. I did manage to run for 20 minutes yesterday which at first I felt pretty cool about but then I felt like shit for the rest of the dayso I don't think I'm even trying today.
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:50 am

[/quote]
I caught some dumb illness. I don't even know what to call it, it's not the cold or the flu. But its beating the crap out of me. The dumbest thing? I know I have a fever but I refuse to take anything because I read somewhere that your metabolism speeds up when your body temperature goes up. I did manage to run for 20 minutes yesterday which at first I felt pretty cool about but then I felt like shit for the rest of the dayso I don't think I'm even trying today.[/quote]

I hope you're feeling better! Even though it's great that you still ran, make sure that you still give yourself a rest, but it sounds like your body made you anyway. For some reason, when I have a nasty cold, I turn to food for comfort. It's still my teddy bear! I'm learning to knit! I admire good knitters!

OH!! Just one thing from Fanfic Land!! The Plan by QuantumFizzx. It's finished, 73 chaps, but really short. Writing is great because there are no terms of penis or clitoris (short or long) during sex. I'm really tired of rated M fanfic. LOL!!!
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby robzanne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:55 am

ok im not gonna lie,
i aint playing this game this week. im off work, i have no food in or meals planned having returned from NY, My routine is up the wall. the food consumption is good but the exercise, sleeping thing isnt working out so well. but i thought i would admit my failings instead of going quiet and resign myself to being a week behind the challange!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am

cdubs wrote:I've been lazily shopping for a heart rate monitor, the watch kind. Which kind do you have and how do you like it?
And that is a huge difference in time. How did date night go with the sore arms?

Last year for Christmas I received a Polar brand hear rate moniter from Mr. M. It's got the strap thingy you wear right under your boobs that takes your hear rate (this thing http://www.amazon.com/Polar-T31-Non-Coded-Transmitter-Belt/dp/B0015RWZQ4) and sends the info to watch thingy. It does a summary of how long I was "in the zone," my average heart rate, my max heart rate, and the calories I burned. I find it helpful when I want to quit because I'll see how many calories I've burned & I'll think ok let's see if we can round that up from 467 to 500, and I'll keep going or push myself a bit harder. Yeasterday I burned about 800 calories in my class, so that was motivating. Today it was 500.

Date night: dinner was delicious, wine wasn't great but I drank it anyway!, movie was cute (we watched Easy A - I love Emma Stone A LOT), but I woke up with my clothes on which tells me we did not have the smexy times. Eh (I'd shrug but that hurts), we'd done it twice the day before and there's always tonight if I'm up for it after crunk.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am

SpunkyBookworm wrote:I'm learning to knit! I admire good knitters!

OH!! Just one thing from Fanfic Land!! The Plan by QuantumFizzx. It's finished, 73 chaps, but really short. Writing is great because there are no terms of penis or clitoris (short or long) during sex. I'm really tired of rated M fanfic. LOL!!!

Yay for knitting! I really love it.

And smutty FF? Ummm.... yeah.... :? I love love love it. :lol:
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

robzanne wrote:ok im not gonna lie,
i aint playing this game this week. im off work, i have no food in or meals planned having returned from NY, My routine is up the wall. the food consumption is good but the exercise, sleeping thing isnt working out so well. but i thought i would admit my failings instead of going quiet and resign myself to being a week behind the challange!!!

Sometimes you just gotta focus on one good habit at a time & the rest will fall into place so good work on the food part & you'll get the rest in line soon! Especially if you work on getting your sleep in. It's hard to get your 7 hours in if you're up watching the PCAs in crunk with us Americans! :lol:
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 am

Dear fellow gym go-ers with me in class this morning,

I want to apologize. I know I was already looking a bit sketchy since I rolled up into class with my eye make up a smeary from passing out before washing it off last night. That's not what I'm apologizing for. I rolled my ass out of bed after having copious amounts of wine last night & dragged my ass to the gym for an 8:15 am class. I deserve a damn medal for that shit, smeary Ke$ha make-up or not! What I am apologizing for is that aroma you smelled. I'm sorry. We had enchiladas for dinner last night. Next time I'll take some Gas-X before I come to class so as not to be farting all up in your personal space. Just so you know I was suffering through it too.

Again, I'm sorry.

Love, Amanda
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cdubs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm

TwilightCat wrote:
cdubs wrote:BTW, is it wrong that when i say "downward" i think of a sad edward?

I think that's Normal. :D

mandaliz wrote:
TwilightCat wrote:
cdubs wrote:BTW, is it wrong that when i say "downward" i think of a sad edward?

Totes noramal. That made me giggle.

wheew! glad to know I'm amongst normal peeps here =)
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby TwilightCat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:16 pm

mandaliz wrote:Dear fellow gym go-ers with me in class this morning,

I want to apologize. I know I was already looking a bit sketchy since I rolled up into class with my eye make up a smeary from passing out before washing it off last night. That's not what I'm apologizing for. I rolled my ass out of bed after having copious amounts of wine last night & dragged my ass to the gym for an 8:15 am class. I deserve a damn medal for that shit, smeary Ke$ha make-up or not! What I am apologizing for is that aroma you smelled. I'm sorry. We had enchiladas for dinner last night. Next time I'll take some Gas-X before I come to class so as not to be farting all up in your personal space. Just so you know I was suffering through it too.

Again, I'm sorry.

Love, Amanda

Amanda, your post made me LOL so hard! I actually fell off my chair and ROFLed. Too funny! :lol:

Good for you for getting out there and busting your ass at the gym! You go girl! As for the rest, we've all had our bean burrito moments. We understand. Besides, I bet those enchiladas count towards your veggie point for the day!

xo Cat
TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby TwilightCat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi all you lovelies,

So I've done pretty good today! I was actually up and at 'em by 11:00 today, so yay me! I biked for a solid half hour and was able to keep up my cadence and alternate between spinning and standing on the pedals. I also did some yoga and stretching, which felt really good. I'm working on loosening up my hamstrings so that I can do a Downward Facing Dog without needing to balance on my toes (useful for exercise, and for sexytime ;) ).

I'm loving this Resolutionary Challenge -- this is the first time in a long time that I've been able to keep up with my New Years resolutions. (There was that one time when I was twelve and I resolved to save up all of my allowance to pay for my horseback lessons, but other than that...)

Hope you all are having a fine day!

TTFN

xo Cat
TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby cdubs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 pm

SpunkyBookworm wrote:
cdubs wrote:I caught some dumb illness. I don't even know what to call it, it's not the cold or the flu. But its beating the crap out of me. The dumbest thing? I know I have a fever but I refuse to take anything because I read somewhere that your metabolism speeds up when your body temperature goes up. I did manage to run for 20 minutes yesterday which at first I felt pretty cool about but then I felt like shit for the rest of the dayso I don't think I'm even trying today.

I hope you're feeling better! Even though it's great that you still ran, make sure that you still give yourself a rest, but it sounds like your body made you anyway. For some reason, when I have a nasty cold, I turn to food for comfort. It's still my teddy bear! I'm learning to knit! I admire good knitters![/quote]
Aw thanks Gretchen! I'm still feeling crappy, but I totally get what you're saying about food. Me too! I love a good brownie or cake to cure all ails, but luckily, I don't keep any of that in the house, because I know it will end up in mah belley!
So I made vegetable soup yesterday and have been eating that and tea.
robzanne wrote:ok im not gonna lie,

Don't worry about it, I have a hard time staying on track even on the weeekends, let alone a whole week of vacation! And jetlagged at that. Just keep on truckin' and like Amanda said one thing at a time
mandaliz wrote:Dear fellow gym go-ers with me in class this morning,
Again, I'm sorry.
Love, Amanda

o my god! this made me laugh so hard that it really hurt my abs (so thanks for the bit of exersice there)
Even now, quoting it, I'm laughing again. Thank you universe for giving me Amanda
YAY!!! CAT for a good day! and good luck with your downward facing dog
BTW, is it wrong that when i say "downward" i think of a sad edward?
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby TwilightCat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:18 pm

TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 pm

TwilightCat wrote:

Totes noramal. That made me giggle.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby SeattleLisa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Hello, Lovelies!

Cat- I LOVE reading about your Bike Bragging! Good for you for pushing it! I wish I could have a bike trainer now but a) the building owner has expressly forbidden me from keeping my bike in my apt- long story and b) there really isn't enough room here. Hubby and I currently live in a tiny apt with plans to move into his house out of state, eventually. *That's* when I'll have one. For now, it's deal with the cold/rain/wind or not. Instead I've been running on my mini-trampoline for the past 2 days and loving it. I just imagine I'm jogging along with all my Running H00rs here and I can just watch the rain hit the windows, instead of watching it hit me. :D
~~ The ff I'm reading right now was rec'd by Lola but she's not the author.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5914339/1/A ... _Universes
It's very well written and the premise is intriguing. I dare you to try it! Thankfully it's completed and short, only 19 chapters. I've almost finished it.
~~Let's plan a Century Ride this summer! The hardest part for me will be shaking Hubby out of the sheets at an early hour and getting out there. I'm embarrassed to admit this. I STILL don't know how to change a flat. I want him along on my Century for that purpose (although I should learn before then) and because I always cycle faster when he goes along. Are you in? Want to cycle a century "with me" in June? How about you Gina? Mimmsy? Are you in, too?
~~Thank you for the link to THW! yay!

Maria- Welcome! Check in when you can, we're glad you're here. :D

Amanda- Oh dear! I got a big 'ol laugh from your post this morning! I would so love to meet you, but certainly not under those circumstances! :lol: :lol: :lol: Can I just say I VERY proud I am of you for getting up and going to the gym today? Good job! Gold star for you! (and here's the Gas-x)

Sam- "Xavier Girls are Ugly" tee shirt! :lol: :lol:

Courtney- yum! That dinner sounded delish.

Claudia- Don't make me fly there and shove a thermometer in one of your orifices! Take care of yourself and do NOT allow this to get worse and see a doctor if you need to, k? Promise?
~~I took your advice and watched the commentaries back to back. I finally fell in love with both SM and Kristen. I fell a little out of love with Rob (he's SUCH a little boy) and a little more in love with him simultaneously. (I loved his humor, honesty and trying on all those accents!) I loved how Kristen kept defending Bella and the story, something I didn't expect from her. Or that was just good acting. And SM? She sure is funny! She and Wyck made a good team.
~~My one HR monitor is bike only and my 2nd one is only ok. The brand is imPulse, it's a watch only, and I have to press 2 fingers on it to make it work. Not so fun when I'm trying to run on the trampoline or while swimming. I recommend you invest a little and buy one that has the chest strap AND the watch.
~~downWard. heehee That gave me a giggle.

Gretchen- How can you be sick of rated M ff? I was a little sad that the fic I'm reading wasn't graphic enough! ha! I remember a certain fic that you rec'd a while ago that was so graphic I wouldn't even read it. ?? My fave non-M fics are by Blondie and Giselle-x. I can't remember if you said you've read anything from them?

Robz- I feel like I'm at a 12 step meeting, "Just keeping coming back! It works!" Seriously, do what you can when you can and don't worry about the rest. Babysteps. We're here whenever you need us.

The lazy part of me wants to go out to eat tonight but I'm not going to do it. I'm going to make a big green salad with lots of veggies for dinner and completely, hedonistically enjoy 2 Lindor truffles for dessert. yum!

Have a good night and enjoy crunk!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser