Go to footer

RC11 Part Deux

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: RC11 Part Deux

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am

LCneiny wrote:So anyone want to be my accountability partner to make sure I’m staying on track? Because I def have a tendency to slack if someone isn’t kicking my ass.

I could use one too! And I promise to be a better partner for this than I am watching the commentary... :? ;) :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby cdubs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 am

Forgive me father for I have sinned (hangs head in shame)
I ate ALOT of peanut butter yesterday
And then I forgot the freaking tea!
So my first day and I'm already down! How sad is that?

I can't remember where I found this, but it sounded like something worth posting here

Set smart goals. Individuals who set goals had greater adherence to their programs than people who had no goals. But just any old goals won't work. They have to be specific, attainable, and realistic. "Lose weight," is generic, but "Lose 1 pound this week" is specific, realistic, and attainable. However, the AHA's review found that goals that focus on behaviors (such as eating more fruits and vegetables or exercising 3 times a week) rather than physiological targets (such as lowering your cholesterol) are even better because you feel more in control of them—and can see your progress.

Monitor your progress. Now that you have your goals, how do you know how well you're doing? Self-monitoring increases your awareness and helps you recognize when you make progress toward your goals, according to the AHA report. This can be as simple as writing down your food or tracking your workouts in a journal, although electronic and Internet-based tracking systems work just as well and have many advantages, says the AHA. Tracking is important—and a proven key to lifestyle behavior change. The AHA cited one study in particular showing that individuals who tracked their food lost twice as much weight as those who didn't self-monitor their food intake. Frequency matters, too. You have to track, and track often. Another study cited showed that a group who weighed in more often lost more pounds than a group of people who weighed in less frequently.

Find support. Individuals who had more frequent and prolonged contact with others (whether doctors, coaches or support groups) had more success in changing their lifestyle habits. The AHA says that contact can happen in many ways," including face-to-face, telephone, email or through the Internet." What seems to matter most is that people have a reason to come back (to a meeting, group, or website) to get support and accountability to adhere to their program.

Get feedback. In addition to goal setting and tracking, feedback is also important. This allows you to understand your current level of performance and set realistic goals to improve. In lifestyle behavior-change interventions, people who received feedback more frequently were more successful in adopting their habits. Feedback acts as reinforcement.

Believe in yourself. The technical term for your confidence in your ability to reach your goals—and perform all the steps necessary to do so, such as cooking, ordering a healthy meal at a restaurant, and exercising at the gym—is self-efficacy. According to the AHA's review of research, programs that helped people improve their self-efficacy had more favorable results than programs that didn't address it. So how do you boost your confidence in these areas? First and foremost by achieving a short and simple goal (SparkPeople calls these fast break goals) to boost your confidence and momentum to continue. There are other ways to boost self-efficacy, but this is the most effective way, say AHA researchers.

Learn from others. When you watch someone else perform a healthy behavior that relates to your own goals, like exercise, cook a healthy meal, or move past a slip-up, it's called modeling. In a way, modeling adds credibility—it shows you that these things work and that you can do them, too. It also helps build self-efficacy. According to the AHA report, programs that included modeling had higher success rates than those that didn't. Modeling can be done in-person, via videos or even through discussion with others who are doing the desired behaviors you hope to emulate.

Accept setbacks. When a person is "aware that it is normal to deviate episodically from the goal behavior, such as missing some scheduled exercise sessions or giving up on the program due to lapses," it can help prevent relapse, according to the AHA report. Instead of expecting perfection all the time, programs that teach individuals that setbacks are normal and can be overcome will result in greater success.
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby LittleSecrets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 am

Hi! I'll jump into the intro thing all late and wrong :lol: I'm rather new around here and generally lurk/hang in the daily thread. I've got a couple little kiddos and a couple big dogs. Our family is still in the process of adjusting to Mr. LS's work requirements (out of town Sun-Fri then home weekends), so some weeks it feels like our wheels are completely falling off. I know I have to get better control of myself to be the best mom/wife I possibly can, and this is one of the steps I'm taking to gain a bit of control ;)

I think I'm in a basic state of sleep deprivation, and therefore have a hard time remembering my favorite book :roll: I really enjoyed reading a lot of what's already been mentioned (e.g. Hunger Games trilogy and Harry Potter). The past couple of years, I've started reading complete junk that simply entertains me and takes no brain power. I liked Karen Marie Moning's Highlander and Fever series, JR Ward's Brotherhood series, and lots of other trashy stuff that's just too embarrassing to mention! One of my favorite series is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, with the first book being the one I turn to whenever I'm unable to find something new to read.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Best wishes for a successful Tuesday to all :D
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 am

LCneiny wrote:So someone here (I think our lovely Obava?) made a spreadsheet that you can use to help keep track of points on your own every week, and I’ve added some formulas and colors to make it easier to keep everything together. If anyone is interested in using it, PM me your email addy and I will send you a copy ;)

Ooooo I want one! I know you have my gmail addy- I'm now using the same one at yahoo. Thanks for taking my little spready (that sounds naughty :P ) and making it even better! :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 am

Gianna wrote:
LCneiny wrote:So anyone want to be my accountability partner to make sure I’m staying on track? Because I def have a tendency to slack if someone isn’t kicking my ass.

I could use one too! And I promise to be a better partner for this than I am watching the commentary... :? ;) :lol:

You know, we do need to schedule our commentary date again. I was actually thinking about that this morning! I'll email you :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 am

cdubs wrote:I can't remember where I found this, but it sounded like something worth posting here.

You know what is funny? All of this is stuff we already do here, just most of it is casual. Gawd, I love these Challenges!

PS- keep eating that peanut butter, Dubby- Imma gonna beat you this time! Muahahahaha!!! :twisted:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:10 am

LittleSecrets wrote:I liked Karen Marie Moning's Highlander and Fever series, JR Ward's Brotherhood series, and lots of other trashy stuff that's just too embarrassing to mention! One of my favorite series is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, with the first book being the one I turn to whenever I'm unable to find something new to read.

Hi LittleSecrets! All of these are books that a gang of ladies I follow on Twitter are into, and are on my to-read list.

Speaking of which, anyone here on Twitter, follow me (I'm obava :lol:) and tell me who you are (if your name is different)- I LOVE my TwiGirls on Twitter!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 am

obava wrote:Speaking of which, anyone here on Twitter, follow me (I'm obava :lol:) and tell me who you are (if your name is different)- I LOVE my TwiGirls on Twitter!

Love my Twittah! I am Gianna_M

LCneiny wrote:You know, we do need to schedule our commentary date again. I was actually thinking about that this morning! I'll email you :)

We do!! Email me and we will get it on the calendar.

Question: I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it? I am OK with chocolate milk most of the time, but that has tons of sugar, etc so sort of defeating the purpose there. I attribute my anti-milkness to my mother, who used to pour the milk when setting the table so by the time you sat down it was warm. Gag. I cringe just thinking about it. Thanks mom! :D I don't like yogurt either, so that is out. Cottage cheese is OK in smallish doses. Wow - I sound way more picky than I actually am in life. :P
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby mandaliz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am

Gianna wrote:

Question: I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it? I am OK with chocolate milk most of the time, but that has tons of sugar, etc so sort of defeating the purpose there. I attribute my anti-milkness to my mother, who used to pour the milk when setting the table so by the time you sat down it was warm. Gag. I cringe just thinking about it. Thanks mom! :D I don't like yogurt either, so that is out. Cottage cheese is OK in smallish doses. Wow - I sound way more picky than I actually am in life. :P [/color]

Do you like cheese? One of my favorite snacks is to slice up an apple and eat it with an ounce of lowfat cheddar cheese. It's yumtastic. Or maybe add some low fat cheese to a side salad with your dinner. Toss some feta, spinach, & mushrooms into your eggs for breakfast. I know you said you don't like yogurt but what if you put it in a homemade fruit smoothie? I will take some ice, frozen fruit, ground flax seed and some nonfat greek yogurt & throw it all in a blender. Right now I have frozen cherries in the freezer and I've been using that with a bit of light chocolate syrup too and it tastes indulgent but gives me both a serving of fruit & a serving of dairy.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cdubs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 am

Gianna wrote:I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it? I am OK with chocolate milk most of the time, but that has tons of sugar, etc so sort of defeating the purpose there

How about a smoothie? Or, for the chocolate milk, maybe the skinny cow brand? I've never tried it so i don't know how it tastes or what the calories are like but I do know it's out there.
If neither of those work, then just give up on it and take a calcium supplement. there's nothing wrong with that, if what worries you is the point for this, just go with the tea...
LittleSecrets wrote:Hi! I'll jump into the intro thing all late and wrong :lol: I'm rather new around here and generally lurk/hang in the daily thread. I've got a couple little kiddos and a couple big dogs. Our family is still in the process of adjusting to Mr. LS's work requirements (out of town Sun-Fri then home weekends), so some weeks it feels like our wheels are completely falling off. I know I have to get better control of myself to be the best mom/wife I possibly can, and this is one of the steps I'm taking to gain a bit of control ;)

I think I'm in a basic state of sleep deprivation, and therefore have a hard time remembering my favorite book :roll: I really enjoyed reading a lot of what's already been mentioned (e.g. Hunger Games trilogy and Harry Potter). The past couple of years, I've started reading complete junk that simply entertains me and takes no brain power. I liked Karen Marie Moning's Highlander and Fever series, JR Ward's Brotherhood series, and lots of other trashy stuff that's just too embarrassing to mention! One of my favorite series is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, with the first book being the one I turn to whenever I'm unable to find something new to read.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Best wishes for a successful Tuesday to all :D

Welcome LS! We're glad to have you! sorry about the work situation, i don't even want to imagine how draining that must be for you. how little are the kiddos?
obava wrote:PS- keep eating that peanut butter, Dubby- Imma gonna beat you this time! Muahahahaha!!

That's alright honey, I already won a long time ago when i met you ;)
obava wrote:Speaking of which, anyone here on Twitter, follow me (I'm obava ) and tell me who you are (if your name is different)- I LOVE my TwiGirls on Twitter!

I'm Blufish27
but you should be warned, i often drunk tweet and throw a lot of "fucks" out there...
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Alexandra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 am

obava wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:I liked Karen Marie Moning's Highlander and Fever series, JR Ward's Brotherhood series, and lots of other trashy stuff that's just too embarrassing to mention! One of my favorite series is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, with the first book being the one I turn to whenever I'm unable to find something new to read.

Hi LittleSecrets! All of these are books that a gang of ladies I follow on Twitter are into, and are on my to-read list.

Speaking of which, anyone here on Twitter, follow me (I'm obava :lol:) and tell me who you are (if your name is different)- I LOVE my TwiGirls on Twitter!

I just followed you on Twitter. I am aka_Alexandra
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby LittleSecrets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

Gianna wrote:I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it? I am OK with chocolate milk most of the time, but that has tons of sugar, etc so sort of defeating the purpose there

How about a smoothie? Or, for the chocolate milk, maybe the skinny cow brand? I've never tried it so i don't know how it tastes or what the calories are like but I do know it's out there.
If neither of those work, then just give up on it and take a calcium supplement. there's nothing wrong with that, if what worries you is the point for this, just go with the tea...

I haven't looked into it at all, so I may be speaking complete nonsense here...But, what about soy milk, almond milk or rice milk?

Welcome LS! We're glad to have you! sorry about the work situation, i don't even want to imagine how draining that must be for you. how little are the kiddos?

Two boys, ages 3 and 6

Speaking of which, anyone here on Twitter, follow me (I'm obava ) and tell me who you are (if your name is different)- I LOVE my TwiGirls on Twitter![/quote]
I'm Blufish27
but you should be warned, i often drunk tweet and throw a lot of "fucks" out there...[/quote]

Now this just makes me wish I was on twitter ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:Our family is still in the process of adjusting to Mr. LS's work requirements (out of town Sun-Fri then home weekends), so some weeks it feels like our wheels are completely falling off.

And I thought MY husband traveled a lot. Geesh!!!

LittleSecrets wrote:Now this just makes me wish I was on twitter

easily solved...just get on the twitter. if you have unlimited texting on your cell, you can tweet and get tweets sent there for nothing extra. I'm amyksu

I like the idea of accountability partners. I need one for exercise and controlling my 2 treats a day.
I need the spread sheet. the old one or the new one. doesn't matter. Just needs to be on my refrigerator. STAT!!

Mitch and I are taking a mental health day today. We stayed up really late talking about some deep shit so i am letting him stay home from school. He is a straight A student so I don't thinking missing a day of 4th grade will do much harm.

Last night we watch the Rifftrax with Eclipse. "line?" We didn't get to finish so we may make a couch cocoon and finish. Although he seems to be in the Wii mood. :(

Gianna wrote:Question: I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it?
I think we decided that you can get your milk point by eating or drinking any form of dairy. Milk in cereal, cheese, etc. but if we are talking calcium here are other foods that calcium rich:
Spinach, cooked 1/2 cup 230
Rhubarb, cooked 1/2 cup 174
Wild salmon, canned with bones 3 ounces 167
Kale, cooked 1 cup 122
White beans, cooked 1/2 cup 113
Bok choy, cooked 1/2 cup 79
Broccoli, cooked 1 cup 70
Pinto beans,cooked 1/2 cup 45

Ok. Wii time.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby mandaliz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Just thought I'd share this with you lovely folks:

It's an equipment-free workout. Don't have the money for a gym membership, home workout equipment, or just want to try a few new moves? Well here you go! No excuses! :D

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/anywhere-workout?cm_mmc=AD_Newsletter-_-04042011-_-Abs_Diet-_-readon
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby LCneiny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:01 pm

mandaliz wrote:
Gianna wrote:

Question: I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it? I am OK with chocolate milk most of the time, but that has tons of sugar, etc so sort of defeating the purpose there. I attribute my anti-milkness to my mother, who used to pour the milk when setting the table so by the time you sat down it was warm. Gag. I cringe just thinking about it. Thanks mom! :D I don't like yogurt either, so that is out. Cottage cheese is OK in smallish doses. Wow - I sound way more picky than I actually am in life. :P [/color]

Do you like cheese? One of my favorite snacks is to slice up an apple and eat it with an ounce of lowfat cheddar cheese. It's yumtastic. Or maybe add some low fat cheese to a side salad with your dinner. Toss some feta, spinach, & mushrooms into your eggs for breakfast. I know you said you don't like yogurt but what if you put it in a homemade fruit smoothie? I will take some ice, frozen fruit, ground flax seed and some nonfat greek yogurt & throw it all in a blender. Right now I have frozen cherries in the freezer and I've been using that with a bit of light chocolate syrup too and it tastes indulgent but gives me both a serving of fruit & a serving of dairy.

Geez Manda I just ate lunch and I'm hungry all over again reading your suggestions! I do a homemade smoothie with soy milk, frozen berries, a scoop of protein powder, and ground flaxseed. Sometimes honey if I'm in the mood for something sweeter.

And speaking of soy milk, I'm with LS - Gia, have you tried any 'alternative' milk? (For point purposes, you can have a glass of that as opposed to cow's milk). Rice milk is the consistency of skim and has a very light flavor, almond has more of a nutty flavor, and soy is creamy. Play around with different brands - I know I picked up a container of almond milk a few months ago and HATED it, but then I tried a different brand and it's much better.
IMO? Chocolate soy milk is soooooo good and has protein and not too much sugar. I had some Silk brand last night and it was very yummy.

cdubs wrote: obava wrote:PS- keep eating that peanut butter, Dubby- Imma gonna beat you this time! Muahahahaha!!

That's alright honey, I already won a long time ago when i met you ;)

awwww, see that's why we are all here!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby SeattleLisa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Here's my personal ad:

If you need an exercise accountability partner, I'm here for you. I'd LOVE to be a part of cheering you on, kicking your ass and basically loving you through the process of getting your exercise in. Imma try to turn you into a Bike Bragging H00R, Runner or Triathlete too, if that's something that interests you. If not, that's ok, too.

Thankfully I don't (normally) have a problem getting all my exercise points but I am challenged with binge eating disorder so that Treats point can be tough sometimes. Wanna trade accountability? Looking for someone who can commit to (nearly) daily accountability, and I don't mind putting it all on the Forum for all to see.

signed,
the Bike Bragging H00r

I'm SeattleTwilight on twitter but rarely if ever post anything but the occasional picture.

Claudia- Thanks for those tips. And don't listen to Gina! Throw out that evil PB!

Gianna- I use almond or rice milk on cereal and I take a calcium supplement. Don't worry about not liking the moo milk. There are other options.

LS- Sorry to hear about the sleep deprivation. I hope this Challenge helps you with dealing with it.

(What is this "commentary date"?)

Cat- I enjoyed the Greek-lit-history lesson. =) Glad to hear your piriformis is nearly healed.

Elise- Are you going for a 70 this week? Do you know what your weekend plans are yet?

Amy- Thanks for the much needed TR laughs!

Gina- 8 degrees! When are you moving back to the Pac NW?

Aarrgghh, sorry, not enough time to respond to everyone, plus exhausted from the sleep apnea & CPAP mask #2 not working for me, I'm currently Miss Bitchy McCrankypants (but trying to hide that) so it's best I sign off for now. I hope all you Lovelies have a great day.
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 pm

mandaliz wrote:Just thought I'd share this with you lovely folks:

It's an equipment-free workout. Don't have the money for a gym membership, home workout equipment, or just want to try a few new moves? Well here you go! No excuses! :D

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/anywhere-workout?cm_mmc=AD_Newsletter-_-04042011-_-Abs_Diet-_-readon

Thanks!! I've heard of this and my co-worker does it and HE'S HOT!! (he's also 25).

For the peeps wanting accountability partners--Lisa texts me every morning asking if I worked out, because I have a hard time w/ it. This a.m. she told me that no, walking to the bus is not exercise. She hasn't gotten back to me on whether stocking equipment is, but you get my point. LOL!! I love my partner!!!
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby cdubs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:I haven't looked into it at all, so I may be speaking complete nonsense here...But, what about soy milk, almond milk or rice milk?

hmmm....I don't know either, without being at the store looking at the label, my guess, would be that they're not dairy and are made of something else, only because I remember when the creature was a baby and got diarrhea, the first to do was go get soy milk since apparently diary is bad for tummies. But again, I'm not sure, as far as the calcium content, honestly, i never even look at it, im sure im doing a poor job of providing it to my body.
LittleSecrets wrote:Two boys, ages 3 and 6

I have a 3 yo boy
mandaliz wrote:Just thought I'd share this with you lovely folks:

thank you darlin'!

RE: accountability partners, how would you all want to do it? each person pick? throw all the names in a hat and pick pairs at random? old buddy/new buddy? high points/low points?
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SeattleLisa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 pm

cdubs wrote:RE: accountability partners, how would you all want to do it? each person pick? throw all the names in a hat and pick pairs at random? old buddy/new buddy? high points/low points?

Hmmmm.....well this is how it would work best for me. If someone out there has a hard time getting their exercise point, but doesn't struggle with binge eating disorder, I would feel she's a pretty good fit for me to trade accountability. I don't feel I would be a good exercise accountability partner for you or Cat, cuz I know you both DO IT ANYWAY and (mostly) like it. I think I'd rather work with someone who doesn't like it and needs inspiration. Same goes in reverse. I need someone who will not let me find loopholes with the 2 small treats. (What? Ben & Jerry's doesn't count as 2 small treats? But a pint is soooo small!!! j/k) Make sense?

SpunkyBookworm wrote:For the peeps wanting accountability partners--Lisa texts me every morning asking if I worked out, because I have a hard time w/ it. This a.m. she told me that no, walking to the bus is not exercise. She hasn't gotten back to me on whether stocking equipment is, but you get my point. LOL!! I love my partner!!!

Gretchen, thanks for the love. I enjoy helping you out. But I'm extra bitchy today so you're not getting by me with ADL's (activities of daily living). That is not exercise so no point for you for walking to the bus stop or stocking equipment while on the job. Are you teaching water aerobics tonight? Do you sweat while you do it? If yes, there's your point. But wouldn't you rather have the satisfaction of not wanting to do it but DOING IT ANYWAY and exercising and feeling wonderful for following through? C'mon girl, I *know* you have it in you. Git 'er done!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby Samalia » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Why Hello There! I'm a day late on the intro but here goes:

I'm Samalia (Sam) and I'm a challenge vet... albeit a really lazy one. Last time I slacked waaaaay off at the end after I pulled a Juno and got myself knocked up (I'm poppin' out a girl at the end of September). This time I think I'll do better the whole way through cause all the points are the things my doctor and overprotective boyfriend have been telling me I need to do! Maybe I'll finally win (probably not)!

A little about moi:
I'm 27.
I miss booze like a kid at fat camp misses potato chips and chocolate. I'm currently hoarding Leinenkugels Summer Shandy since it won't be available when I'm able to get back on the wagon.
Sometimes I'm a Nanny.
I quote Twilight in real life... but only the really bad lines.
I like to share stories about my family- they're a pretty entertaining bunch and our holiday dinners always include bourbon, gravy, and inappropriate conversations.
The only exercise I do is kegels but I plan to start walking if Ohio's weather ever starts to get nice.
I'm moving to the suburbs this summer. I'm kind of excited because boyfriend (aka mr. doodle) lives on the NKY version of Wisteria Lane.

Oh! My favorite book is The Secret History by Donna Tartt and/or the HP Series. Or anything by Christopher Moore.

Yay for new challengers and Lisa's bike bragging (I'll have to start walk bragging or something)! I have to go look for birth classes and maternity clothes now. Any suggestions for good maternity wear websites?
Samalia
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby Gianna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:Here's my personal ad:

If you need an exercise accountability partner, I'm here for you. I'd LOVE to be a part of cheering you on, kicking your ass and basically loving you through the process of getting your exercise in. Imma try to turn you into a Bike Bragging H00R, Runner or Triathlete too, if that's something that interests you. If not, that's ok, too.

Thankfully I don't (normally) have a problem getting all my exercise points but I am challenged with binge eating disorder so that Treats point can be tough sometimes. Wanna trade accountability? Looking for someone who can commit to (nearly) daily accountability, and I don't mind putting it all on the Forum for all to see.

signed,
the Bike Bragging H00r

Ummm...you are HIRED!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions to solve my milk dilemma...I honestly hadn't thought about milk alternatives...I will check them out.

Amy, Obava, and cdubs - following you all now on twittah! And cdubs...you had me at drunk tweets and the f-bomb.

Amy - KSU, hmm? Not sure I can hang given that am an Iowa State fan, but I am sure we will make it work. :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Gianna wrote:I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it?

I like to put ovaltine in my milk- it gives it a little chocolate flavor, but also has vitamins and minerals (it does! says so on the jar ;) )
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby cdubs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm

obava wrote:
Gianna wrote:I hate milk. LOATHE it. I know I need to get more calcium into my system. Any creative ways to get it without just drinking it?

I like to put ovaltine in my milk- it gives it a little chocolate flavor, but also has vitamins and minerals (it does! says so on the jar ;) )

Yeah, and Nutella is part of a balanced breakfast
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:06 pm

cdubs wrote:
obava wrote:

Yeah, and Nutella is part of a balanced breakfast

Nutella's chock full of protein and calcium, baby! :lol:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Awwwww Dubby, aren’t you sweet?! I actually thought at first that you were trash talking me back- it took me a while to realize you were being nice. :roll:

YAY for new Twitter friends- LittleSecrets, come join us!

Ugh- what is all this talk about “accountability partners”??? Man, the last thing I want is someone looking over my shoulder, making sure I stay good! :evil: Wait, that probably means I need one, huh. :D I am OK about exercising but terrible at actually pushing myself, I am pretty bad at the snack point, and pretty good but not awesome at the fruit/veggie point. Sometimes I get depressed and don’t check in with the thread much- that’s how you can tell I’m probably not doing very well. So I don’t know who wants to play accountability with me, but I feel like I won’t be a very good partner- my track record is pretty bad- I’ve been divorced twice, you know :?

Lisa- You and my DD and all my friends out there keep asking when I’m moving back! It’s so sweet to know I’m missed. So mask #2 didn’t help? Do you still look like your DH beat you up all night long? And still no better sleep? Seems like that’s not working- what else can you try? Maybe get a dog to blow air up your nose all night long? :lol:

Spunky- you could try what I do for exercise in the winter: I get up early and am still so asleep I don’t know what I’m doing. There- workout accomplished! And when I’m feeling REALLY lazy (as in, I’m not going to work out today) I do step while watching a DVD- lately I’m on Being Human and Big Love season 1.

Sam- I love that you’re hoarding beer! And I didn’t know you were going to move in with Mr. D-YAY! and wait, where does he live? I thought he was in Cincinnati? Re: maternity wear on websites- I just wouldn’t. 1) unless you are planning on having more kids, a lot of new maternity clothes are a waste of money. Doesn’t Missa (or anyone else you know) have any hand-me-downs? You could get a couple new spiffy outfits for special occasions, and just wear used most of the time. 2) When I was preggo with my son, I bought a bunch of cute new XL maternity clothes (rich hubby!), then gained a bunch of weight (gestational diabetes) and had to find even BIGGER size XL maternity clothes. Target and JC Penney did me just fine. But honestly, now I’d go for used- I’m sure you can find a used baby/kids clothing store with maternity clothes. Oh and 3) you need to try them on to get a good fit, Pregnant bodies are shaped funny, and pregnant ladies are really bothered by weird stuff, and you never know what's going to bother you. So at least find onw with free shipping both ways ;)

Soooo since I couldn’t eat anything for a few days, and for a whole week only bland and soft food, I lost 3.3 pounds last week. Today I felt better- almost normal- and was dying for food with taste and substance. So I opened a beer and ordered pizza and wings (NOT getting my veggie point today!). After a week of hardly any food, I have a feeling I’m going to regret tonight’s dinner in a big way- I just wonder if it will be tonight or tomorrow :o :shock:

Xoxo obava
obava
Twilosophy Major

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser