Go to footer

RC11 Part Deux

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: RC11 Part Deux

Postby LCneiny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:
cdubs wrote:RE: accountability partners, how would you all want to do it? each person pick? throw all the names in a hat and pick pairs at random? old buddy/new buddy? high points/low points?

Hmmmm.....well this is how it would work best for me. If someone out there has a hard time getting their exercise point, but doesn't struggle with binge eating disorder, I would feel she's a pretty good fit for me to trade accountability. I don't feel I would be a good exercise accountability partner for you or Cat, cuz I know you both DO IT ANYWAY and (mostly) like it. I think I'd rather work with someone who doesn't like it and needs inspiration. Same goes in reverse. I need someone who will not let me find loopholes with the 2 small treats. (What? Ben & Jerry's doesn't count as 2 small treats? But a pint is soooo small!!! j/k) Make sense?

This is an excellent question. So are we going to say what we all need help with and buddy up that way? My hardest point is the exercise point, I have a hard time fitting it in. And I'm really good at giving advice that I don't always follow, so I'll help out with whatever my buddy needs!

SeattleLisa wrote:(What is this "commentary date"?)

Gia and I discovered that neither of us have watched the Twilight commentary with Rob & Kristen and have been
yelled at
encouraged by the ladies in the daily thread to watch it already. So we tried to set up a date in December and had to keep rescheduling....and now it's April. But we'll get there!

SeattleLisa wrote:Elise- Are you going for a 70 this week? Do you know what your weekend plans are yet?

Sadly I will not be making my 70 points this week. I had a perfect 10 yesterday (way to start the challenge!) but then only got 6.5 hours of sleep last night and I prob won't get my exercise point. Although - I did my 10 minutes of daily yoga this morning and now I'm watching the Phils and occasionally doing pushups during commercials. Does that count?
Yeah, also this weekend's not looking good points-wise. It's my best friend's birthday and she lives in NY, we are going up to spend the weekend with her and her fiance. I can't make promises that I will be good :( (I think this is why I need an accountability partner)

SeattleLisa wrote:Aarrgghh, sorry, not enough time to respond to everyone, plus exhausted from the sleep apnea & CPAP mask #2 not working for me, I'm currently Miss Bitchy McCrankypants (but trying to hide that) so it's best I sign off for now. I hope all you Lovelies have a great day.

Ugh so sorry your CPAP mask still isn't working!! Maybe a third one will be better?

mandaliz wrote:Just thought I'd share this with you lovely folks:

It's an equipment-free workout. Don't have the money for a gym membership, home workout equipment, or just want to try a few new moves? Well here you go! No excuses! :D

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/anywhere-workout?cm_mmc=AD_Newsletter-_-04042011-_-Abs_Diet-_-readon

Love this, thanks Manda!
I'm all about the home workouts. I've been going to a personal trainer and when I get home I record all the exercises because I can do most of them in my living room. Just need one more set of heavy weights and I'll be good to go for about 75% of what I've been doing with the trainer!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby mandaliz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 pm

obava wrote:
cdubs wrote:
obava wrote:I like to put ovaltine in my milk- it gives it a little chocolate flavor, but also has vitamins and minerals (it does! says so on the jar ;) )

Yeah, and Nutella is part of a balanced breakfast

Nutella's chock full of protein and calcium, baby! :lol:

As for everything in life "It's all about balance, Love."
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby LCneiny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Are we doing Travel Rob again? If so should I meet with him and cast a new one? (meaning: should I spend 2.5 hours surfing the interwebz, drooling over photos of The Pretty and photoshop Senor TomStu into one of them?) If you thought it was lame and didn't have time to do it, let me know. If you enjoyed your time with The Flattie and want a second date, let me know. I know that there are about 3 of you that didn't get him yet...I will assure you that is still out and about and will make it to you soon. He has been busy filming and doing the press junket (and I accidentally on purpose kept him a few extra days)
For you newbies This is Travel Rob...he is about 10 inches (tall)

GUESS WHO CAME TO VISIT ME?! Amy, I died when I opened the envelope - you are freaking amazing!! And are those magnets for me, or to pass along to the next lucky lady?? (P.S. You have a beautiful family)

So I hope we're still doing Travel Rob because I could use his help with wedding shtuff this week. Wait till you ladies see his new outfit - hoooo boy, he's looking hot.
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:59 pm

http://twitpic.com/4hev45 Gianna- I lived in Davenport Iowa for 3 years and have tons of family live in iowa. My aunt sent my son that shirt. (My dad grew up in Waterloo.) While living in Sounth bend I attended Indiana U (i get around :o )
I wallked today. Ate pretty good. In fact it's 8:30pm I am not sure if I had a treat yet today. I may try to skip it tonight. maybe just stick to the watermelon. I feel good today.

There has been some family drama that I have been dealing with and the situation kind of got "outed" to my son's friend's parents. Well, it could have gone very very bad but instead they rallied behind me and have offered to be a support. That was surprising and gave me some warm fuzzies.

i won free tickets to see a screening of Win Win tomorrow night. Movie theater popcorn is my FAVORITE so that will be hard to resist tomorrow.

okay, need to clean something and maybe read something.

LC- you can keep everything but Rob and TomStu.
oooxxxxx
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Here is my week with Travel Rob....

Since he loves animals. he spent his first night with Abby, my very old dog.

Took Mitch to school. Only had to flip off one mom in the car line.

Volunteered in the art room.

He loved the flowers that obava sent

Played some Wii with Mitch

Went to the Kansas DMV

to be continued....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 pm

enjoyed some March Madness by tweeting with @Mandaliz22 during the VCU vs KU game --PS this is NOT my flag.

Took him to the park where I exercise in the summer

He wanted to re-create some of the love scenes from WFE but we had to resist because my son was with us.

He got ready to leave kansas... :( so he and TomStu put on their ruby slippers.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 am

AWESOME Amy!!!

Slightly off topic, but for anyone reading Hunter Hunting's MoBS, she pulled the stories d/t plageurism. I'm sad but understanding.

http://hunterhunting-hh.blogspot.com/2011/04/wtf-is-goin-on.html?zx=593ab841940f29a9
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:04 am

Silly question time :oops:
For the wild card points: When it says you get all 7 pts when the task is completed, does that mean you just go ahead and add a pt to each day or add it at the end? It doesn't really matter, does it? I just didn't want to make it seem like I was fluffing up my daily pts by adding one on each day, so I didn't. Ugh, I'm not making sense :oops:

amynkansas wrote:

There has been some family drama that I have been dealing with and the situation kind of got "outed" to my son's friend's parents. Well, it could have gone very very bad but instead they rallied behind me and have offered to be a support. That was surprising and gave me some warm fuzzies.

Yeah for supportive friends! Hope things work out well for everyone. Oh, and your traveling Rob pics just made my morning :D They are wonderfully entertaining!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 am

Hi. I'm Abs. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier because I was...uuuuh...I was camping...yeah, camping with my family...that's it. :D

Ok, so I'm Abs. I've been doing this Biggest Loser Resolutionary Challenge for one year now (started in April '10, but I don't know which incarnation of the Challenge it was - possibly the 3rd).
Apparently I'm the resident "I have a nerdy answer" person. Which I will now demonstrate;
Gianna, some sorces of calcium OTHER than dairy products include calcium-fortified soy milk and juice (the label will say "calcium fortified" or "calcium enriched"), calcium-set tofu, soybeans and soynuts, (dark) green leafy veggies like bok choy, broccoli, collard greens, Chinese cabbage, kale, mustard greens, and okra. Other options that have less calcium than those listed above include grains, beans, and other fruits and vegetables (that I didn't list above). If you are going to use tofu as a calcium sorce be sure to look for the tofu that uses calcium sulfate as the coagulating agent (the other kind uses nigari, or magnesium sulfate, which isn't as high in calcium content). Also, keep in mind what you are eating it with - oxalic acid will interfer with your body's absorption of calcium (so, although veggies like spinach or, say, swiss chard are dark green and leafy, because they have a high oxalic acid content the calcium in them binds with the oxalic acid and your body doesn't absorb as much). Here endith the nerd-ery. for now

Back to RCthings. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost - somewhere in the middle of the first round the batteries in my scale died. And I decided not to replace them, because I didn't want to become a slave to my scale. But in any case, I've had lots of comments to the tune of "oh my, you've lost so much weight". And when I started the challenge I was teetering between a size 16 and a size 14, XL and L, and I just bought a new pair of size 10 jeans and my first Medium dress in I dont' even know how many years. WOOT WOOT. Yay me. And yay to all of you who helped me on the journey!
Like Obava (whom I like to call Obavy. I don't really know why), winter lasts FOREVER around here - so I Wii Fit or EA sports for Wii it during the winter (I was trying the Kinect for Xbox, but the Xbox had a heart attack and died so :( )....and mostly during the summer too. But during the summer I add outdoorsie stuff like jokking (walk jogging), tai chi in the park, and this year I MIGHT add biking and swimming (we have a great salt water indoor pool in the condo I live in, but I mostly avoid it cuz it's usually infested with slimy old dudes that just sit in the shallow end bobbing up and down while they chat about God knows what and leer at all the womens' boobs and get in the line of your laps. Not fun. Now, if it was hot young dudes doing the leering I'd be in that pool 24-7 hahahaha.

I'm a room-temp water lover too. If given the choice.

My goal for this challenge is to find a new activity this summer that I really enjoy, and to tighten my stomach flab. Ok, there's not that much flab. It's an attainable goal. It's not like I'm attempting to herd cats or something.
I'm also aiming for at least 2 perfect 10 weeks. But I'll settle for a total of 14 perfect 10 days throughout the challenge :D
And I really want to work on my water points. They're always the most difficult for me.

I also want to learn how to use the Twittah - although that's not really a RC goal. Mandaliz, teach me how!!!!!

Picking my favourite book is like picking my fav Rob pic (next to impossible, helooooo!).
Some that come to mind are:
Anything by author Wibur Smith, particularly the Courtney novels, and the book Rage started off my love affair with him - those of you that dig Gone with the Wind would probably dig Wilbur Smith
The Passion by Jeanette Winterson. I can't even explain what this book is about, but it's just great.
The little Prince is a classic.
I just finished reading Water for Elephants (does that count?) and i really liked it. And before that I read a surprisingly good book called One Day - which was so boring for the first one or two chapters, and then I couldn't put it down!
I've been looking for The Hunger Games that you lot keep talking about, but it's sold out everywhere I've looked (admittedly I"m not trying THAT hard to find it. I've got a stack of "next to read" books on my nightstand so it's not like I"m hard up for material).
Twicat, I'm interested in this Antonio Tabucchi.Did you read Sostiene Pereira in Italian, or is it available in English?
Amy, what's Ape House about?

Welcome Little Secrets, Just Go With It and Alexandra...and any other newbies I've missed. I'll tell you one thing; don't slack on checking in with the forum here - if you do you'll never catch up. I'm speaking from personal experience of course :lol: :lol: :lol:
and because I sometimes do fall off the grid, I'm probably not the best person to be anyone else's accountability partner. But if you want someone that will probably not get on you or check in with you as often as they should, well then, I'm your woman!

I'm all for Travellin' Rob to visit me again this round. We had a fun spa day last time.
Oh, and AMY the little red booties on TomStu made my morning!!! :D

Anyway, I'm sure there's more to know about me, but that's all my half a cup of coffee will let me type out this morning. I'm gonna go cry now, because it's snowing again today :(
Wishing everyone good luck with this challenge!!!

PS-whomever it was that offered the updated version of the spreadsheet with pretty colours etc., hook a sista up!!!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Gianna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 am

amynkansas wrote:http://twitpic.com/4hev45 Gianna- I lived in Davenport Iowa for 3 years and have tons of family live in iowa. My aunt sent my son that shirt. (My dad grew up in Waterloo.) While living in Sounth bend I attended Indiana U (i get around :o )

This is the best shirt EVER! :) We have ISU football season tickets and usually hit a couple of road games each season...we have been the last two ISU/KSU games in Kansas City (which were awesome except for the losing part. :shock: )

Your photo documentation of the week was pure WIN!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby obava » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 am

LCneiny wrote:Yeah, also this weekend's not looking good points-wise. It's my best friend's birthday and she lives in NY, we are going up to spend the weekend with her and her fiance. I can't make promises that I will be good :(

Oh, Elise- have a good time this weekend! Are you going to the city? As far as the points are concerned, maybe you can just take vacay days ;)
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 am

amynkansas wrote:I wallked today. Ate pretty good. In fact it's 8:30pm I am not sure if I had a treat yet today. I may try to skip it tonight. maybe just stick to the watermelon. I feel good today.

Yay for feeling good! See- you did it, honey- you came through that black tunnel and are now out on the other side. I'm so proud of you for sticking with it, and with us :D

amynkansas wrote:There has been some family drama that I have been dealing with and the situation kind of got "outed" to my son's friend's parents. Well, it could have gone very very bad but instead they rallied behind me and have offered to be a support. That was surprising and gave me some warm fuzzies.

I am sorry for your drama (dayum, give a girl a break, right?!), but am happy you are supported and fuzzy :lol:
xo obava
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 am

obava wrote:
LCneiny wrote:Yeah, also this weekend's not looking good points-wise. It's my best friend's birthday and she lives in NY, we are going up to spend the weekend with her and her fiance. I can't make promises that I will be good :(

Oh, Elise- have a good time this weekend! Are you going to the city? As far as the points are concerned, maybe you can just take vacay days ;)

Thanks! She lives in Long Beach, and while we talk about going out in the city, it's an hour train ride & we're all trying to save money sooo we may just hang out by the beach. Which, even though it's not warm, I'm totally fine with. I loooove the beach - something about being by the water with waves crashing is just so calming to me.

And I'm saving my vacay days for the bachelorette party, because sure as shit I won't be getting anywhere NEAR 10 points on those days! :lol:
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Gianna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:00 am

LittleSecrets wrote:Silly question time :oops:
For the wild card points: When it says you get all 7 pts when the task is completed, does that mean you just go ahead and add a pt to each day or add it at the end? It doesn't really matter, does it? I just didn't want to make it seem like I was fluffing up my daily pts by adding one on each day, so I didn't. Ugh, I'm not making sense :oops:

Makes perfect sense to me! I was planning to just add a point to each day (yeah, that's right...I said "planning to" as I haven't recorded a damn thing yet :shock: ). Like you said...I don't think it really matters in the end.

absolutelyvlc wrote:Back to RCthings. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost - somewhere in the middle of the first round the batteries in my scale died. And I decided not to replace them, because I didn't want to become a slave to my scale. But in any case, I've had lots of comments to the tune of "oh my, you've lost so much weight". And when I started the challenge I was teetering between a size 16 and a size 14, XL and L, and I just bought a new pair of size 10 jeans and my first Medium dress in I dont' even know how many years. WOOT WOOT. Yay me. And yay to all of you who helped me on the journey!

Abs - congrats on your awesome progress! I hope to be saying the same. And kudos to you for ditching the scale. I make myself only get on it once a week, and at the same time of day, wearing the same kind of clothes. I know - freak! Even that is a daunting task at times, so I commend you for telling the scale to eff off and just going by the way you feel, the way things fit, etc. Bravo!

Spring has FINALLY sprung 'round these parts, so I got home from the office and took a nice long walk. It felt good to get outside. I work from home on Wed and Thurs each week, so I normally use my lunch hour to work out. Going to try to walk outside again, although it is looking sort of cloudy...hmmm...

I threw together a snack mix last night that we really like so far: Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, Craisins, raw almonds, and dark chocolate M&Ms. Hey...at least they are the DARK version...more antioxidants, yo! Just the right about of crunchy to chewy; sweet to tart, etc.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby obava » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 am

Amy- it looks like you showed TR&TS a good time- and this is my fav pic- I love the glitter boots!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby mandaliz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:But in any case, I've had lots of comments to the tune of "oh my, you've lost so much weight". And when I started the challenge I was teetering between a size 16 and a size 14, XL and L, and I just bought a new pair of size 10 jeans and my first Medium dress in I dont' even know how many years. WOOT WOOT. Yay me. And yay to all of you who helped me on the journey!

I also want to learn how to use the Twittah - although that's not really a RC goal. Mandaliz, teach me how!!!!!

Woo Hoo! Congrats!!!!!!

And I would love to help you in any way I can with the twittah! I am addicted to it and have helped quite a few friends, both OL & in RL navigate the twitter waters. There are a lot of us on there that can help if you need it too! I'm sure you can figure most of it out on your own though, since you are pretty damn smart.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby obava » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Hi. I'm Abs. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier because I was...uuuuh...I was camping...yeah, camping with my family...that's it. :D

Liar!! You were hiding from the sun so no one would find out you are a glittery vampire! I know your tricks, bloodsucker. "Camping with my family," my foot! :roll:

What would we do without our Abs the Answer Lady? Be really dumb, that's what! :lol:

Yay for losing weight and size! You know, I was thinking the other day that I've also lost enough fat in my belly that maybe now I should concentrate on toning up.

Wanna be accountability partners? We both live in cold places, and will probably have summer around the same time (although as I recall, your Autumn lasted longer and prettier than mine), you want to start bike riding and I do so i can encourage you, I am great on my water points and can encourage you on that, and I'm on Twitter and can help you with that too! You can help me with unflabbing myself and with eating more fruits/veggies and less snacks. Please say yes! Can we text? I'll DM you my cell number and email address.

xo obavy
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby mandaliz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

Gianna wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:Silly question time :oops:

Makes perfect sense to me! I was planning to just add a point to each day (yeah, that's right...I said "planning to" as I haven't recorded a damn thing yet :shock: ). Like you said...I don't think it really matters in the end.

I threw together a snack mix last night that we really like so far: Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, Craisins, raw almonds, and dark chocolate M&Ms. Hey...at least they are the DARK version...more antioxidants, yo! Just the right about of crunchy to chewy; sweet to tart, etc.

I usually keep track of my points on my own during the week & then put them in the master tracking spreadsheet around the end of the week. Track it however works for you.

And Gia, Imma need you to share your mix with me! That sounds yummy!!!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 am

I don't know if I'd be a very good ccountability partner. I can be encouraging if you want me to be, but I and a master at rationalizing bad behavior. I think I'm better at being there for emotional venting. If you have problems you want to discuss and/or be distracted from I can sometimes be helpful for that. If you want someone to slap the cookies from your hand while you try to eat them, I am more likely to be the one wrestling you to the ground so I can steal the cookie from you so I can eat it myself. But at least you wouldn't eat it so maybe I would be a good partner... :? For example it was only day 2 of the challenge yesterday & for the past 2 days I have eaten approximately 98398324743 of the cookies I made.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am

So I find the fact that, since losing my job, I discoverd my love of baking. It's not neccesarily that I am baking because I just HAVE to fill my house with indulgant treats. I just find the process very relaxing and cathartic. It's a meditative process for me. It is also an ego boost that I can create such wonderful things out of all these different things. I know I also am able to be creative with my knitting but I also enjoy creating in the kitchen. And I like cooking and I am pretty good at making healthy meals but I really love love love baking. Which also sucks because I really need to be better about watching my blood sugar, which is hard to do with baked goods around.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cdubs » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am

Oy! I"m feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that's been going on since I last stopped by here! So bear with me while I spam a little.
Ok, first things first:
Here's a lovely little article about overcoming our own excuses not to exercise:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/mot ... 021&page=4
Next, a clarification on the weekly "free" points. These cannot carry over, if you don't use them, you lose them, however, that does not mean that you should only aim for a 68 just because you have those 2 extra points in your back pocket. These are for emergencies only, think of them as being behind glass =)
Now, regarding how to record your wild card points for the ones that aren't daily ones, it really depends on how you're keeping track of your points, this is how I do mine. I have a google doc with all 10 things and I keep it open all day, and update it as I do things, then on monday mornings, I enter the points on the rc spreadsheet. So for instance, I have not done my intro yet so that row is blank, once I do, I'll just enter 1's across. At the end of the week, it wont matter when I did it.

RE: accountability partners
Seems like Abs & Obava and Gianna & Lisa found each other. If anybody else would like an AP send me a PM and we'll get you paired up.

Ok, I think that about covers it up for announcements and stuff.
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby LCneiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Gianna wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Back to RCthings. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost - somewhere in the middle of the first round the batteries in my scale died. And I decided not to replace them, because I didn't want to become a slave to my scale. But in any case, I've had lots of comments to the tune of "oh my, you've lost so much weight". And when I started the challenge I was teetering between a size 16 and a size 14, XL and L, and I just bought a new pair of size 10 jeans and my first Medium dress in I dont' even know how many years. WOOT WOOT. Yay me. And yay to all of you who helped me on the journey!

Abs - congrats on your awesome progress! I hope to be saying the same. And kudos to you for ditching the scale. I make myself only get on it once a week, and at the same time of day, wearing the same kind of clothes. I know - freak! Even that is a daunting task at times, so I commend you for telling the scale to eff off and just going by the way you feel, the way things fit, etc. Bravo!

Spring has FINALLY sprung 'round these parts, so I got home from the office and took a nice long walk. It felt good to get outside. I work from home on Wed and Thurs each week, so I normally use my lunch hour to work out. Going to try to walk outside again, although it is looking sort of cloudy...hmmm...

Abs, that is quite a drop in jean size! CONGRATS!

Gia, I'm totes stealing your snack mix :twisted: I love Go Lean Crunch, I had it for breakfast this morning. And I'm sooo jealous of your daily outside walks. I barely see the light of day if I'm working :(

And regarding your weighing yourself, man if you call yourself a freak I shudder to think what you'll call me.... I weigh myself every morning
after I go to the bathroom, and
before I get dressed and eat breakfast. It's not so much the number on the scale that I'm concerned about, it's the comparison to see whether I'm going up or down. I track my weight in an app on my iPod (where I also record my daily caloric intake), but mostly I base my progress on how I feel and how my clothes fit.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Two*Worlds*Collided » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi Ladies! ::waves::

I'm TWC/ Diana. I'm a newbie to the challenge and I hope to be able to keep up with you lovely ladies. My main problem will probably be the water points and the exercise points. I don't mind drinking water, I just dont get thirsty. I try to drink water @ work but the more water I drink, the more times I have to go potty.. not so good when you have to answer phones all day.
Ok, books... hmm other than Twilight and FF, I havent really read many. I like easy to read books, so I read mostly YA books. I really like books by Sarah Dessen. I also really like Shiver, but I havent gotten around to reading the second book.
Image Image Image Image Image
Two*Worlds*Collided
Fake Lesbian

Postby Gianna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm

LCneiny wrote:Abs, that is quite a drop in jean size! CONGRATS!

Gia, I'm totes stealing your snack mix :twisted: I love Go Lean Crunch, I had it for breakfast this morning. And I'm sooo jealous of your daily outside walks. I barely see the light of day if I'm working :(

And regarding your weighing yourself, man if you call yourself a freak I shudder to think what you'll call me.... I weigh myself every morning
before I get dressed and eat breakfast. It's not so much the number on the scale that I'm concerned about, it's the comparison to see whether I'm going up or down. I track my weight in an app on my iPod (where I also record my daily caloric intake), but mostly I base my progress on how I feel and how my clothes fit.

Steal my mix - it's awesome! :)

If I weighed myself every day I would have a heart attack on a regular basis. I soooo can't even go there! You are more brave than I am fo' sho.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby cdubs » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Samalia wrote:Why Hello There! I'm a day late on the intro but here goes:

Hey Sam, welcome back!

Gianna wrote:Amy, Obava, and cdubs - following you all now on twittah! And cdubs...you had me at drunk tweets and the f-bomb.

haha! We've hung out on friday nights before, you're no stranger to my drunkeness!

obava wrote:i? Re: maternity wear on websites- I just wouldn’t. 1) unless you are planning on having more kids, a lot of new maternity clothes are a waste of money. Doesn’t Missa (or anyone else you know) have any hand-me-downs? You could get a couple new spiffy outfits for special occasions, and just wear used most of the time. 2) When I was preggo with my son, I bought a bunch of cute new XL maternity clothes (rich hubby!), then gained a bunch of weight (gestational diabetes) and had to find even BIGGER size XL maternity clothes. Target and JC Penney did me just fine. But honestly, now I’d go for used- I’m sure you can find a used baby/kids clothing store with maternity clothes. Oh and 3) you need to try them on to get a good fit, Pregnant bodies are shaped funny, and pregnant ladies are really bothered by weird stuff, and you never know what's going to bother you. So at least find onw with free shipping both ways ;)

I would definitely agree with this. maternity clothes are so expensive and underused. They are just not worth the money. The only thing I bought were a pair of shorts and a few tshirts, all from target or burlington. I got a lot of hand me downs. Don't buy online, half the stuff won't work out.

obava wrote:Soooo since I couldn’t eat anything for a few days, and for a whole week only bland and soft food, I lost 3.3 pounds last week. Today I felt better- almost normal- and was dying for food with taste and substance. So I opened a beer and ordered pizza and wings (NOT getting my veggie point today!). After a week of hardly any food, I have a feeling I’m going to regret tonight’s dinner in a big way- I just wonder if it will be tonight or tomorrow :o :shock:

How did this turn out?

amynkansas wrote:There has been some family drama that I have been dealing with and the situation kind of got "outed" to my son's friend's parents. Well, it could have gone very very bad but instead they rallied behind me and have offered to be a support. That was surprising and gave me some warm fuzzies.

I'm glad to hear this, and I hope you have fun at the movies!
And your Rob post is beyond winning!

mandaliz wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:I also want to learn how to use the Twittah - although that's not really a RC goal. Mandaliz, teach me how!!!!!
Woo Hoo! Congrats!!!!!!
And I would love to help you in any way I can with the twittah! I am addicted to it and have helped quite a few friends, both OL & in RL navigate the twitter waters. There are a lot of us on there that can help if you need it too! I'm sure you can figure most of it out on your own though, since you are pretty damn smart.

As a proud graduate of the Mandaliz School of Twitter, I can tell you that you couldn't be in better hands!

LCneiny wrote:And regarding your weighing yourself, man if you call yourself a freak I shudder to think what you'll call me.... I weigh myself every morning

I weight myself everyday (sometimes several times throughout the day) when I wake up, after I pee and before I take a sip of water.

Two*Worlds*Collided wrote:Hi Ladies! ::waves::
I'm TWC/ Diana. I'm a newbie to the challenge and I hope to be able to keep up with you lovely ladies. My main problem will probably be the water points and the exercise points. I don't mind drinking water, I just dont get thirsty. I try to drink water @ work but the more water I drink, the more times I have to go potty.. not so good when you have to answer phones all day.
Ok, books... hmm other than Twilight and FF, I havent really read many. I like easy to read books, so I read mostly YA books. I really like books by Sarah Dessen. I also really like Shiver, but I havent gotten around to reading the second book.

Welcome TWC! I am currently listening to Shiver. I tried a while ago, and stopped a few minutes in, it just wasn't the right timing, I tried again this week and am liking it. It's not like life changing or anything, but I'm enjoying it.

Hey MANDZ & KELBEL, are falling for you & holding out for you wips?
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser