Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Welcome to Health Challenge 2013...
Be patient with us for the first 24 hours. But know that you need to start eating better, sleeping better and exercising better. The details are coming REAL soon. Or is it Really soon? I have always wondered about that. But I digress....

Start by letting us know something we don't already know about you. And maybe a goal you have for this challenge.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby LCneiny » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 am

WHEEEEE!!

OK I had no time tonight to work on the spreadsheet but I will get to it Monday/Tuesday. In the meantime, our format is going to be 10 points per day for 6 weeks. 5 will come from a set of standard goals, 3 will be personal goals that you can create, 1 is a standing weekly goal to do at least one nice thing for someone else, and the remaining 1 point will be a rotating weekly challenge. Here are the 5 standard goals:

Sleep at least 7 hours
At least 3 veg/2 fruit servings - or you can change to a balanced meal based on 1/2 plate veg, 1/4 plate lean protein, 1/4 complex or starchy carb
No eating 2-3 hours before bed - or you can change to no eating after 10 PM
Exercise (at least 20 minutes or change to whatever value you want, just move)
Drink at least 64 oz of water - ideally shoot for 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day, and add a squeeze of lemon for an extra detox boost if you like

So, start thinking of what 3 custom goals you want to have! We would all love to hear what you've chosen, but if there's something you'd rather keep private, that's okay too. Feel free to use one of the others we've had over past challenges or come up with something that resonates with you and is in line with your own goals for this challenge.

Any questions, let me or Amy know! The spreadsheet and the rotating weekly challenges will be posted Monday/Tuesday.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby SeattleLisa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 am

amynkansas wrote:Welcome to Health Challenge 2013...
Be patient with us for the first 24 hours. But know that you need to start eating better, sleeping better and exercising better. The details are coming REAL soon. Or is it Really soon? I have always wondered about that. But I digress....

Start by letting us know something we don't already know about you. And maybe a goal you have for this challenge.

Yay!!!! Thank you Amy & Elise for taking charge of this! I'm so excited to be in another challenge. Look out, Gina! ;)

Here's something you don't know about me. I used to be married to my half sister's half brother. My X and I were in no way related, by blood or by marriage. He is not a step-sibling. My sister and I share the same Mom- Sandy. My biological father was Dick (appropriate name by the way). Mom and step-Dad Neil (who was "Dad" to me and who I totally and completely adored & still adore even though he's passed) raised me. My 1/2 sister who I am very close to (there's no "1/2's" in our thinking) had a different father- Bob. My X also had that same father-Bob, but his Mom is Nadine. X and I were products of 2nd marriages. Sister was the product of the first marriage, Bob & Sandy. X and I grew up in totally different households/different states but knew of each other, and we finally met when our older brother (from Bob & Sandy's marriage) got married when X was 12 years old and I was 10. X was my very first boyfriend when I was 14 years old. I fell for him for all the same reasons my Mom fell for his Dad. We got back together years later and got married when I was 22. My Mom was VERY angry when X and I got engaged. Starter marriage, not friends for a long time after the divorce, friends again now and we see each other occasionally. How's that for odd? :lol:
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 am

Lisa- I'm watching you! ;)

Amy & LC- thanks for setting this up for us!

I'm excited for this new Challenge! I have a lot of ideas for goals I Want to accomplish this go-around- one is to get into the habit of cleaning the bathroom every weekend. I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to this :? I'm also excited about the #kindcycle Random Acts of Kindness challenge! I like to thin that I'm always doing this kind of thing, but in reality I probably just think I do it and never really do it :oops:

One thing you don't know about me? I feel you all know everything about me! I just asked my DS and he said "You're really, really gassy." Being as you are OL friends, he's right- you probably *don't* know that about me :lol:

I am about to be really stressed out in life, so I can really use your love and support right now <3
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 am

Yeah for the challenge!! Much needed!!! thx LC & Amy for setting up.

Will have to do some serious thinking on my goals for this challenge though I have some ideas.

Something you don't know about me? Zodicacally speaking, I'm a Gemini and a Dragon Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby LCneiny » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Some good healthy eating tips, especially for dining out! http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/node/107098
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

since I have been here for 2 years I feel that there is little know about me... but here goes:

I too am gassy (Holla Gina!)
my favorite perfume (although I have many) is this cheap perfume called SKin
Image so when I'm not gassy, I smell like this.

I don't watch a lot of TV. (LIke many of you, I like to read in my free time) However I do have some guilty pleasures...
What Not to Wear
The Walking Dead
The New Girl
The Graham Norton Show (BBC)
Catfish (MTV)
Awkward (MTV)

I cannot sleep with the sheets tucked in. My feet need to know they can get out at a moment's notice.

I am a Libra (Hey MM....check this out: Both Libra and Gemini are Air Signs. Gemini loves Libra’s energy and has no trouble keeping up when Libra is off and running with a new idea, art project or other pursuit. Both Signs have wide-ranging interests, giving them great material for provocative discussion.)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm

amynkansas wrote:since I have been here for 2 years I feel that there is little know about me... but here goes:

I too am gassy (Holla Gina!)
my favorite perfume (although I have many) is this cheap perfume called SKin
Image so when I'm not gassy, I smell like this.

I don't watch a lot of TV. (LIke many of you, I like to read in my free time) However I do have some guilty pleasures...
What Not to Wear
The Walking Dead
The New Girl
The Graham Norton Show (BBC)
Catfish (MTV)
Awkward (MTV)

I cannot sleep with the sheets tucked in. My feet need to know they can get out at a moment's notice.

I am a Libra (Hey MM....check this out: Both Libra and Gemini are Air Signs. Gemini loves Libra’s energy and has no trouble keeping up when Libra is off and running with a new idea, art project or other pursuit. Both Signs have wide-ranging interests, giving them great material for provocative discussion.)

YES! It is for this reason and laziness that I never ever make my bed. At best I just throw down the quilt. The first thing I do upon entering a hotel room is to pull out all the nicely tucked sheets.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Introduce myself, eh?

I'm JodieO. I've been around for ages. I don't post here much or keep up with points, but I am always lurking in the thread and occasionally providing encouragement. I try not to focus on being "good" all the time because I feel like that just sets me up for failure. Instead I just try to make better decisions. And if I make a wrong decision I try not to beat myself up too badly about it and just try to remember it for the next time so I can learn from it.

I tend to buck trends and then get all over them like 5 years after everyone else is already over it. Or I'll get fixated on something and then try to bully everyone else into liking it, too. For instance, if you go to the daily thread you'll see lots of photos of my current future husband.

If you have no idea who that is, then I suggest you watch the English miniseries North & South. WAAAATTCH ITTTT!!!

Or the series Vicar of Dibley which I watched in its entirety last week. Absolutely hilarious. And the best part? At the end, the chubby chick ends up with the gorgeous man. That would never happen on an American show. It's always the dumpy guy with the hot wife.

*Disclaimer - I'm in no way calling Dawn French dumpy. I think she's marvelous. But American sitcoms DO generally have dumpy dudes married to hot chicks.

Well now I'm just blathering... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm

I heart Dawn French!!!

Start at the 5:30 mark for the kissing bit
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:04 pm

amynkansas wrote:I heart Dawn French!!!

Start at the 5:30 mark for the kissing bit

YES! Thank goodness for the Graham Norton Show. Seriously. I mean, I knew who she was from her work with Jennifer Saunders, but it was her appearances on TGS that made me fall in love with her. I want to be her bestie.

ETA: Her sexy lip bite.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm

I WAS JUST GONNA SAY DID YOU SEE HER ON THE GNS?
Ah, great minds think alike :D

I too like the GNS, Walking Dead and What Not to Wear - though the later I've not seen in a good two years. All the others Amy mentioned I've never heard of. I don't watch t.v. on t.v. anymore. I download all my shows because I dislike commercials, and I feel like commercial free saves me time. And mostly I just watch stuff from HBO, FX, Showtime and those kinds of networks. With the exception of Vampire Diaries of course :D

What else don't you guys know about me? I want to say that since I too have been around forever I feel like there's not much you don't know; but oftentimes I've been told in PMs or emails that you don't know anything about me. Sooooooo.........lemme think........ummm.........this is hard (twss). I don't know what to say that's interesting enough to bother saying. .....
Ok, I dunno, I grew up with a dad and five brothers. The youngest. I was a TOTAL Tomboy, and all my clothes and toys were hand-me-downs. As an adult I work in the beauty industry, I own a mobile spa and I started my own makeup line - I like pretty things and delicate things, but at the same time I still like (stereotypical) male things like cars, and motorcycles and engines. I don't know if that's interesting.
Or something you didn't already know for that matter.

Something I'm sure you DO know is that I'm TOTALLY CHUFFED for this new challenge :D I feel almost as excited as the eve of a new Twilight movie opening. Almost :D
Water consumption was going to be one of my personal goals if it wasn't included in the challenge, so I'll have to think about what to replace it with. But I definitely want to get my water consumption back up (I always slack off when the weather turns cold), I also want to get into the habit of flossing my teeth more regularly, and I think it's totally insane that Obabybav wants to clean the bathroom every weekend cuz just.last.night I was thinking I should make cleaning the bathroom regularly (on the weekends) part of my personal goals in the new challenge. How.weird.is.that?

I also want to learn how to play the harmonica. Still.
This was one of my "if you could do anything what would it be" goals that we we're challenged to think of a few rounds back. So far I have only purchased the instrument and maybe played it once. I think subconsciously I am intimidated and that there is some emotional baggage I need to work through that is associated with actually picking it up to play; when I was a kid, no matter what instrument I picked up to learn how to play, my older brothers always teased me at how bad I was. As a result, although they all play instruments from piano to sax, guitar to accordion - I.play.nothing. :(
And now you know something else about me.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Random Ron for your viewing pleasure

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I too have been wracking my brain trying to come up w/something that I haven't told anyone! I'm pretty honest & love to tell stories, so I think you guys know everything :oops: after reading Abs' confession about being a tomboy & having older brothers tho, I think her and I need to talk! I only have one older brother, but he casts a very long shadow; being the little sister sucks! :|

I think I would like to add "playing the piano" as one of my personal goals. I know how to play already, but haven't seriously done it in YEARS. I keep meaning to pick it up again, but keep making excuses :roll: I would also like to keep up with my housework, instead of putting it off and then practically killing myself by trying to do it all in one day :shock: the water consumption has always been a challenge for me, but one that is doing my body good, when I'm able to do so (my body yealled at me this weekend when I had a killer spastic-colon attack, due to not enough fluids and eating crap all thru the holidays :? ) but HALF of your body weight in water? :shock: I think I'll stick to the 64oz. that's difficult enough for me to reach everyday, there is no way I could up it to 80oz! :o other than the water, my main focus is exercising everyday & eating more veggies :D

so, what do you NOT know about me? :? you all know of my love for Christian Bale & how I've followed his career since I was 12 years old :roll: he was not my only crush back then tho (not by a long shot! I was so "Hollywood" boy crazy :oops: ) I got one of my questions answered in an issue of "16 magazine" once. it was concerning a little known actor that I saw in a movie with Drew Barrymore. his character was all aloof & angsty (& psycho :P ) and that ginger-headed boy inspired me to write my very first story 8-) I eventually forgot all about it tho, until years later when I heard his name again; it was Anthony Rapp from "Rent" :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 pm

amynkansas wrote:Random Ron for your viewing pleasure

oh, I've not seen this one before! (that very rarely happens :oops: ) I love the color blue 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

i just got off the treadmill. Although I only set it on 2 miles an hour, I did walk for 60 minutes. I read the entire time and was suprised when I looked up and a whole hour had gone by. I am glad I got stuff done and had nothing to do after my workout so I was in no rush to stop.

My DH is gone for the entire week so I don't have to waste time cleaning or shaving my legs---- Wahoo!

Hey, I need to ask you guys something. I am hopefully interviewing for a new job this week. Here is what the position is for:
This position is for my daughter. She is almost 30, is almost finished with her associates degree, and she is a quadriplegic. The current planned schedule for the upcoming semester on MWF is for her leave the house around 8:15 to go to speech therapy from 8:30-9:15 at least 2 days per week, and then go to campus for her first MWF class for the day which starts at 10:00 AM. She will either have 1 or 2 classes, followed by lunch on campus (she brings her lunch) and an hour with the tutor. She should be ready to leave campus between 2-2:30, and be home by 3:00. If she gets done earlier than expected, she may want to stop at Target, the grocery store, etc. A family member will be at our house at that time to stay with her. The care assistant's job in class will be to keep a calendar of what is due and when, and turn in homework or papers that have been completed to the professor. The willingness to take notes in the event a notetaker is not assigned is also a plus, as is turning on a digital recorder to record class sessions. It is important that the person taking this position commits to staying on at least for the semester to provide consistency. The only personal care tasks involved are to provide drinks as needed, feed lunch or snack, push wheelchair and transport in the van owned by my daughter. Positioning, toileting, dressing, medication administration, etc. are not part of this position. There will be days when the care assistant is still needed, even though there is no class (Spring Break, Presidents Day, etc.). Those days can be spent doing lesiure activites such as shopping, lunch out, seeing a movie, etc. The candidate should act not only as the care assistant, but also as a companion. Promptness is important to insure that appointment times are met.

I have NO experience with a quadriplegic. In fact, no experience helping anyone. But this year I wanted to do something that makes me feel needed and important and this might fill that need. It is a paid position but only state hourly wage of $9.50...but right now I don't make any money during the day. This job would allow me to get my kid off to school and be there before he returns. It also allows me to still take photos in the evenings and on the weekends. I am also be able to read while she is in class (if no note taking is needed from me that day).

What do you guys think?
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 pm

This is for you GIna....

PS. This is from the TV Show The New Girl
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 am

OK ladies here are the full deets for this challenge:
You'll earn points for the following activities:
1) Sleep at least 7 hrs/per night
2) Drink 64 oz. water - ideally shoot for 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day, and add a squeeze of lemon for an extra detox boost if you like
3) Exercise (at least 20 minutes or change to whatever value you want, just move)
4) At least 3 veg/2 fruit servings - or you can change to at least one balanced meal based on 1/2 plate veg/fruit, 1/4 plate lean protein, 1/4 complex or starchy carb
5) No eating 2-3 hours before bed - or you can change to no eating after 10 PM
6) Free / personal goal
7) Free / personal goal
8) Free / personal goal
9) At least one time each week, perform a random act of kindness: http://contests.chatelaine.com/engine/Y ... d=29418943
10) Wild Card - this will change every week

Notes:
1. Because we need a day of rest, every week, you get 2 free points. You can use these to substitute anything you need a break from on any one day.
2. You will receive 3 sick days. On the sick days, you get your exercise point and one of your personal points for free
3. You will receive 3 vacation days. Use them for real vacations, staycations, your birthday or just because you feel like it. On these days you receive the full 10 points

Please remember that you're doing this for you. Cheating doesn't hurt anybody, but yourself. These are only minimum guidelines, if you can do better, do better!

Wild Cards
Week 1:(Jan 7 - Jan 13) Post at least three times this week! One post can tell us something we may not know about you and/or your personal goals for this cycle. Share some healthy tidbit you picked up on the interwebs, give us some positive words or motivation, just post something so we all know you are in for this challenge!
Week 2: (Jan 14 - Jan 20) There's something about starting the day than with a clean kitchen, kind of like starting every day with a clean slate. Let's make a commitment to clean the kitchen every night before bed - wash dishes, put away food, and/or wipe down the counters. You get a point each day you do this.
Week 3: (Jan 21 - Jan 27) Let's start off 2013 by finishing a project we've been putting off. I'm sure we all have something lingering since 2012, let's cross that item off the "to-do" list. You get all 7 points if you complete 1 project this week.
Week 4: (Jan 28 - Feb 3) Make all your meals this week! A great way to save money and ensure you're eating exactly what you want/need. No fast food, no restaurants. You get one point for each day you do this.
Week 5: (Feb 4 - Feb 10) Free WC week! This is your chance to come up with a WC that you need to get you through. Whatever you want, please share it with us and what you need to do in order to gain your points. Don't go TOO easy on yourself ;)
Week 6: (Feb 11 - Feb 17) Tell us about a goal or resolution you can do to make your life more fulfilling, or less stressful or just to make it better. What will you do to make this happen?

All the tabs are already present, so just update or add your name to the first tab and it will propagate to all the others. Who's in??

LCneiny
amynkansas
obava
SeattleLisa
absolutelyvlc
muffinmom
kelbel75
VintageRobLover
Alex?
Gia?
D_E?
TWC? (where has she been?)

I'll share the sheet with the emails I have on file for everyone...if you don't see a request to share by Wednesday, PM me your email please :)
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks LC!!!!!

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby obava » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I cannot sleep with the sheets tucked in. My feet need to know they can get out at a moment's notice.

YES! It is for this reason and laziness that I never ever make my bed. At best I just throw down the quilt. The first thing I do upon entering a hotel room is to pull out all the nicely tucked sheets.

I also need my feet free and do not make my bed with the sheets tucked in. I also cannot wear socks to bed unless it's REALLY cold out (like -20*F/-30*C)
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am

I am running out of time this morning so I'll just post this here now & hopefully have time to flesh it out later:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1011
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/26-random-acts-of-kindness
#LTTChallenge
#KindCycle

UPDATE:
The top 2 are links I thought were good. The first is "Fifteen Simple Ways to start eating Healthier" by SparkPeople. SparkPeople, BTW, is a great website for tracking your goals and they have lots of good info & articles. Thanks to CDubs for turning me onto it! :P

The 2nd link is examples of Random Acts of Kindness. I found it very inspiring as I apparently am not as kind as I think I am and am even more uncreative :? :lol:

We (me and VRL :D ) started this hashtag on Twitter: #LTTChallenge to use for Challenge-related tweets. It's fun- join us!

#KindCycle is the hashtag Abs is using for her Random Acts of Kindness and I'll use it, too (when I start being randomly kind and all 8-) )

I made a spreadsheet to use for our individual tracking. Email me (PM me if you don't have my email addy) and I'll send it to you!

Here's a little something I wrote. I'm probably preaching to the choir, so I was thinking of posting in our FB group. What do you think??

What the Challenges Have Done For Me (A.K.A. What I Have Done For Myself Thanks To The Challenges)
I have been participating in the LTT Challenges for going on 3 years now. This will be my 11th one! Why do I continue to participate? Because the Challenges have helped me lose bad habits and gain good habits- live healthier and happier.
Thanks to the Challenges:
I now consider myself a cook- a *good* cook. I am confident enough that I don’t have to follow recipes. I am always trying new recipes, new techniques, new ingredients. And for the most part, my cooking turns out GREAT!
I’ve tried lots of new produce. For instance, I tried beets for the first time because of a Challenge. And now they’re one of my favorites.
It is just habit for me to make veggies the main part of my lunches and dinners.
I also eat fish- tilapia and salmon! I never ate fish B.C. (Before Challenges).
I hardly ever ate fruit before the Challenges, but now I eat fruit almost every day.
I also exercise almost every day, whether there is a Challenge happening or not. It’s just a habit now!
Before the Challenges, I would let my dirty dishes pile up because I hated facing that huge pile (I don't have a dishwasher). Now I do the dishes every day- I can’t stand it if the pile gets larger than a sink full.
I used to have 2 tablespoons of white sugar in my morning tea and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal- that’s a LOT of sugar! Thanks to the Challenge, I weaned myself down to 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal and no sugar in my tea.
I have made great friends! You guys and I have been together through graduations, marriages, deaths, divorces, unemployment, births, employment, moving- basically anything and everything life has thrown at us. And we’ve been there for each other- support, laughter, tears, and most importantly, NO JUDGEMENT!

xoxo O
Last edited by obava on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 am

amynkansas wrote:i just got off the treadmill. Although I only set it on 2 miles an hour, I did walk for 60 minutes. I read the entire time and was suprised when I looked up and a whole hour had gone by. I am glad I got stuff done and had nothing to do after my workout so I was in no rush to stop.

My DH is gone for the entire week so I don't have to waste time cleaning or shaving my legs---- Wahoo!

Hey, I need to ask you guys something. I am hopefully interviewing for a new job this week. Here is what the position is for:
This position is for my daughter. She is almost 30, is almost finished with her associates degree, and she is a quadriplegic. The current planned schedule for the upcoming semester on MWF is for her leave the house around 8:15 to go to speech therapy from 8:30-9:15 at least 2 days per week, and then go to campus for her first MWF class for the day which starts at 10:00 AM. She will either have 1 or 2 classes, followed by lunch on campus (she brings her lunch) and an hour with the tutor. She should be ready to leave campus between 2-2:30, and be home by 3:00. If she gets done earlier than expected, she may want to stop at Target, the grocery store, etc. A family member will be at our house at that time to stay with her. The care assistant's job in class will be to keep a calendar of what is due and when, and turn in homework or papers that have been completed to the professor. The willingness to take notes in the event a notetaker is not assigned is also a plus, as is turning on a digital recorder to record class sessions. It is important that the person taking this position commits to staying on at least for the semester to provide consistency. The only personal care tasks involved are to provide drinks as needed, feed lunch or snack, push wheelchair and transport in the van owned by my daughter. Positioning, toileting, dressing, medication administration, etc. are not part of this position. There will be days when the care assistant is still needed, even though there is no class (Spring Break, Presidents Day, etc.). Those days can be spent doing lesiure activites such as shopping, lunch out, seeing a movie, etc. The candidate should act not only as the care assistant, but also as a companion. Promptness is important to insure that appointment times are met.

I have NO experience with a quadriplegic. In fact, no experience helping anyone. But this year I wanted to do something that makes me feel needed and important and this might fill that need. It is a paid position but only state hourly wage of $9.50...but right now I don't make any money during the day. This job would allow me to get my kid off to school and be there before he returns. It also allows me to still take photos in the evenings and on the weekends. I am also be able to read while she is in class (if no note taking is needed from me that day).

What do you guys think?

I think you would be brilliant at it. I'm not sure I could be responsible for another person who can't help herself, but I am barely responsible for getting myself places. If it's something that you want to do, and you feel like you can stick it out even if you decide you don't like it, I think you should go for it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 am

obava wrote:
JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I cannot sleep with the sheets tucked in. My feet need to know they can get out at a moment's notice.

I also need my feet free and do not make my bed with the sheets tucked in. I also cannot wear socks to bed unless it's REALLY cold out (like -20*F/-30*C)

I don't understand this. Mr. LC hates having the sheets tucked in but I always make the bed this way. I HATE having the sheets free. I think maybe because I feel more secure and tucked in?? For instance, if I'm laying on my side with my back facing out the edge of the bed, I prefer to put a pillow at my back.....like it's going to "protect" me from anything that may come into the room. Also I can't stand when the sheet rotates or bunches up in one corner when it's not tucked in (OCD alert!)

Wow I'm reading this and thinking I sound like a complete nutjob. :lol: :lol:
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am

LCneiny wrote:Wow I'm reading this and thinking I sound like a complete nutjob. :lol: :lol:

You and my DH.
When I make the bed up I have to make sure I tuck his side in. And he has to remember to keep mine untucked.

But as a kid (and sometimes currently) I have to have my pillow about 6 inches from the headborad...in case something reaches up from under the bed. I need to be clear of that area. :o

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm

It's not too late to do some crunches or push ups or yogo or a walk around the block or grab those hand weights that are hiding under your bed. Maybe do some planks during the commercials. Tomorrow you are going to be happy you did.

Now, I need to put my money where my mouth is and get on my treadmill!

I am really going to be the person I want to be this year!!! Join me!

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser